Do you think Sport owners should have the option to import their garage?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 304 comments
Because if its economy based gameplay like previous games it can stuff that up.
Gran-Turismo-Sport-Microtransactions-PlayStation-Store-1200x675.jpg

No to an option because it is so stupid and it makes no sense to have it
Yes to an option because it is so smart and makes sense to have it. Certainly better than cheating to get credits fast.

Gran-Turismo-Sport-Microtransactions-PlayStation-Store-1200x675.jpg

Yes to an option because it is so smart and makes sense to have it. Certainly better than cheating to get credits fast.
Yes have an option for paid DLC and credits only, but not having cars ported over to a new game and it is a dumb and stupid idea.

Last edited:
No thanks, I like starting a game fresh with a s#!tbox and trying get expensive cars early in the game that other players can't afford yet because they haven't progressed enough in the game

Yes have an option for paid DLC and credits only
Microtransactions aren't paid DLC.

but not having cars ported over to a new game and it is a dumb and stupid idea.
It's literally the exact same idea implemented in a different way; and when a similar system was announced for GT6 it was justified using the exact same reason.
"The game is just offering an alternative path to busy people," Yoshida tweeted. "Read reviews when they come out."
Shuhei Yoshida being one of the highest executives in the SCE part of the company at the time.

You know what Yoshia didn't go out of his way to defend on Twitter? Cheating to get credits quickly.

Probably been stated already. But wouldn't this be like popping in Dark Souls 4 into my PS5 and starting out with maxed out equipment? So that I can flatten every boss and get bored in 15 minutes?

"Don't use it then." Yes but like water, the human brain likes to take the path of least resistance. And just knowing that I am deliberately trying to give myself a challenge without the authentic reward just detracts from the experience.

No matter how good the AI could be, doing a 4, 8 or 24hr race would be much more of a chore if I already had a big list of rare/high level cars.

Edit: I think a good workaround to this would just make the Arcade Mode similar to GT Sport and have all cars and tracks in their stock form available to choose from. That way there's a level of free form placid sandboxing while retaining a dedicated "career mode."

My answer to that question would be 'nope'.

I see it as akin to asking should GT7 be a sandbox title.
But with the caveat that your own personal sandbox experience will be limited, depending upon what you did in a previous version of the game on an older model console.

I would prefer to see an economy based progression game, for both old and new players.

robably been stated already. But wouldn't this be like popping in Dark Souls 4 into my PS5 and starting out with maxed out equipment? So that I can flatten every boss and get bored in 15 minutes?

No, because just having a car suitable for an event doesn't (or shouldn't) make it easier in the same way being a maxed out character in a story based game would. Like I already posted in this topic, if you're able to enter an event and steamroll the AI with an overpowered car that is the fault of the game and its lack of proper event restrictions, not because you already had some cars.

If there are some GT3 car events and you import a GT3 car, the event hasn't been made any easier has it? It just means you can attempt it sooner.

No, because just having a car suitable for an event doesn't (or shouldn't) make it easier in the same way being a maxed out character in a story based game would. Like I already posted in this topic, if you're able to enter an event and steamroll the AI with an overpowered car that is the fault of the game and its lack of proper event restrictions, not because you already had some cars.

If there are some GT3 car events and you import a GT3 car, the event hasn't been made any easier has it? It just means you can attempt it sooner.
I get that part but I'm talking about the incentive to collect rewards as well.

I agree 100% that (most) the races need to be designed to be engaging and prevent blowouts with better AI. I just believe that if I can enter every race because I already have every suitable car from the point I put the disk in...It isn't much of a "Career Mode." Plus, if the reward for a race is a GT3 car - but I already have 15 GT3 cars, it takes away the excitement.

I just watched a Jimmy Broadbent stream where he started Gran Turismo 2 and had the chat vote on a "box" to start with. Regardless of nostalgia there's a definite charm to starting from humble beginnings and it was one of the most communal and happy streams I'd ever seen. Beginnings which can provide unexpected experiences, memories and allow you to grow fond of underrated cars you otherwise would've glossed over.

These experiences allow the player to grow a sentimental attachment to a game, provide them with the idea that they created their own path and story to success. Gran Turismo essentially started the "car pg" genre and is well loved for it. Turning the series into an open sandbox would detract from the experience, making it fun for a time. But not lasting a deeper impression.

I posted about might as well get rid of prize cars. That's a cheat. Not a reward. If a player starts with GT League and I start with Circuit Experience, I am gifted a car. Depending on the car, I've got a head start to someone who doesn't complete Circuit Experience.

If a player starts in GT League and another player starts with Missions, the player that starts with Missions, is gifted a car at the completion on all stages. Depending on the car, they've got a head start to som one who doesn't complete Mission stages.

If I get to transfer credits and not a car, someone who just bought the game is at a disadvantage. I guess it's not fair. Everyone should start evenly. Same for when a parent buys their child a car and in another family, a child has to work part time to buy their own first car. It's not fair. Everyone should start evenly.

An option can't be that bad a taste in players' mouths.

I personally would prefer starting fresh. If I remember correctly when starting up GT2, you can't even buy a new car, only a used one because you have little credits. I hope PD can expand that feature, like some of the used cars would have damages or something that needs to be fixed first....... (I might have veered off topic a little bit there :P)

But if there's ever an option for transferring data from GTS to GT7. I guess it's fine...... I just won't use it then :) If it makes the game more open and accessible to more players then that's great.

I also agree with the other posts about importing saved decals and liveries, I think that's a good idea...

I remember getting loads of PreOrder bonuses and starting career with some race cars and Lamborghini. It killed fun a little bit, because I already had pretty much powerful car. The fun in GT career mode is buying cheap crap and making something worth racing from it.

Hmm, those of us on PS4, would probably need to delete GT Sport, in order to download GT7. Would the online save be able to give us access to the cars we've collected in GT Sport?

We can see many Gr.3 and GR.4 cars on the GT7 car list. Even if I just keep the GR.4 WRX and hey, let's say anyone that was gifted the GR.4 Supra, in my GT Sport save, wish to use those cars in GT7. Wouldn't take much to redeem a code that allows us to transfer said cars from GTS to GT7.
I think it would make sense.

Ive said my piece and peace about garage importing.

I will say this... Turn10 did a really nice thing with Forza 6 and the Horizons???

Forza 6 when 1st launched looked at your progress in Forza 5 and it said... "Hey Bro, you look like you're an advanced player... we'll give you a dozen nice cars to get you started AND we will put all your settings on PRO... as you clearly are a PRO.... and welcome to Forza 6"

SO it would be nice if PD looked at your GT Sport account, sees that you have gold on all the tracks and you're level 45 plus and it skips all the ariticial barriers and just lets you go for broke.

You dont need to do the licenses. You're already S class.

But they're there if you want to do them.

So PD wont do this.

Or if they really wanna go down the retro route...Import your save data and you get a crap ton of credits (Which then suddenly makes buying what is a effectively paid unlocking of the credit cap with an F1 drivers name attached to it actually somewhat worth it).

Would make sense, seeing all these multi-million dollar classics in the game.

GTPSP transfer worked fine as well. The cars looked less rendered than the Standards, but it was good to have the option to import certain cars.

Yeah I have $18 mil. right now and I dont expect them to carry my credits over. Think about how much of a boost you get if you started with $18 mil.!

HOWEVER it would be great if they transferred over my 330p4, my gt40 mk4, my jag xj13, my 250gto and my shelby dayona... man I dont want to have to grind those cars AGAIN...

Yeah I have $18 mil. right now and I dont expect them to carry my credits over. Think about how much of a boost you get if you started with $18 mil.!

HOWEVER it would be great if they transferred over my 330p4, my gt40 mk4, my jag xj13, my 250gto and my shelby dayona... man I dont want to have to grind those cars AGAIN...
There's not a good reason NOT to offer the transfer option. I mean, if PD offer cars & Credits via pre-order, they're still going to make money. Sony not wanting to "walk away" from PS4 owners, would still get sales, by allowing a limited car & Credits transfer for GTS buyers.

I would be ok with this if its optional. I prefer start from a clean slate though.

No to an option because it is so stupid and it makes no sense to have it, but I can see credits maybe because you played GT Sport.
If its an option then its not mandatory. We all like to play differently so if a person wants to import their garage then I see no problem with it once its optional and not mandatory.

Why should you transfer your garage to the new game?? It was never the case. The only thinkg I can understand is, if people want to transfer their (especially self made) own car designs. Some people put a lot of word in they layer designs.

Why should you transfer your garage to the new game?? It was never the case. The only thinkg I can understand is, if people want to transfer their (especially self made) own car designs. Some people put a lot of word in they layer designs.
It's not about never being the case. Why should transfer of designs be an option then? What if the car you created the most designs for, wasn't in GT7?
Doesn't matter if they put work into it. People put a lot of time into grinding all those credits, to get all the 20million Cr cars and possibly, every car in the game.
Even if some acquired cars by not grinding. That's still their time put into the game.

We still don't know how GT7 will start. Knowing what we know about GT Sport, players don't ever have to buy cars. Just boot the game up for a free car, do the Daily Workout gift, Circuit Experience gift 36 cars, Driving School 6 cars + 2 Completion gifts, Mission Challenges 8 cars, Racing Etiquette gift a kart and cap it off with signing a Manufacturers contract.

Transfering a garage, players can get straight into racing their favourite cars. It's all about options.

For me the garage is not necessary. But to import my 52Million credit, I wouldn't say no 😏
I don't think it would be that much mate but a few million credits just because we played GTS would be nice, but will PD do this that is the question or they have something special for us.

I think yes, at least in part. At least some of the cars we have in GT Sport we should have them "moved" onto GT7, so there's no need to grind from absolute zero again... Like, I dont know, 25 cars that were already in GTS, should be gifted in GT7 if we had them in GTS... I highly doubt that will happen sadly.

Last edited:
I personally would prefer not to import my garage. It would rob me of the accomplishment of starting from the bottom and climbing the ladder. If people want to do that it's up to them but I'm going to stick to the old-school method.

I do hope can import our created and saved content, especially liveries. Judging by the online saves of GT7 I'm hoping it simply uses the same content database so everything is compatible.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back