Do you think Sport owners should have the option to import their garage?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 304 comments
Listen I am not a cheat and If the game let's you do it and that is not cheating, so it is bloody fine to do it ok. Remember GT Sport was so bloody easy to get credits and that makes the economy system very good in the game.
So what will it be? Getting a headstart or starting from the bottom?

Another thing why I am against porting your garage over to GT7 is because you are never going to play GT Sport, while you have your same garage on GT7 from GT Sport. I have both GT5 & GT6 with just about the same cars, if you allowed GT5 garage to be ported over to GT6, well you will never play GT5.

Last edited:
Another thing why I am against porting your garage over to GT7 is because you are never going to play GT Sport, while you have your same garage on GT7 from GT Sport. I have both GT5 & GT6 with just about the same cars, if you allowed GT5 garage to be ported over to GT6, well you will never play GT5.

Isn't that how sequels generally work anyway? Unless GT7 is catastrophically worse than GTS, very few people who own both will be going back to play GTS after GT7 releases. And when Polyphony inevitably shuts the GTS servers down to drive sales for GT7, playing GTS will be even harder and more pointless.

I think you're reaching to try and find some sort of justification for an emotional opinion that you have that you don't understand and can't explain. Or maybe you just don't want the explanation to be "I don't want other people to have fun playing the game in ways that I'm not going to play it".

So? What's it got to do with you which games people play?

If a racing game is not worth playing because you have all the cars you need to enter races then perhaps it's just not worth playing.

Last edited:
I'd be content with just a small credit bonus for having a GT Sport save, but I suppose I wouldn't mind if I could send my cars from GTS to GT7, even if it was a one-way transfer like between various Pokemon generations.

Maybe importing 100.000cr. over like you could do with GT3 to GT4. And all the user created liveries.

Wouldn’t import a full garage over though. Defeats the car collecting purpose and fun of the game in my opinion.

I don't know if it would necessary to make the whole GT Sport garage downloadable in GT7.
First if the case of such an option would appear in GT7, it would certainly concern the "compatible" cars from GT Sport to GT7, I mean those which would be remodelised to suit the new game on the PS5. And I mainly think of most of the gr4 gr3 gr2 and some of the gr1, most of the VGT in the grX.
Second it would be fair that these imported cars could not be used in the Career Mode but why not the online modes.
And speaking of a garage in GT7, I'd really wish to visualise more than one car at a time in a personal showroom or workshop space, 5 or 6 would be great.

Bridges between GT Sport and GT 7 are greatly possible, and I highly wish to be able to also import my liveries for my "compatible" cars in GT7.

I don't know if it would necessary to make the whole GT Sport garage downloadable in GT7.
First if the case of such an option would appear in GT7, it would certainly concern the "compatible" cars from GT Sport to GT7, I mean those which would be remodelised to suit the new game on the PS5. And I mainly think of most of the gr4 gr3 gr2 and some of the gr1, most of the VGT in the grX.
Second it would be fair that these imported cars could not be used in the Career Mode but why not the online modes.
And speaking of a garage in GT7, I'd really wish to visualise more than one car at a time in a personal showroom or workshop space, 5 or 6 would be great.

Bridges between GT Sport and GT 7 are greatly possible, and I highly wish to be able to also import my liveries for my "compatible" cars in GT7.
I'm not quite understanding your first point, but why would it be fair that imported cars could not be used in Career mode? Fair to whom? :confused:

I'm not quite understanding your first point, but why would it be fair that imported cars could not be used in Career mode? Fair to whom? :confused:

... Fair to the players themselves for an efficient progression, and because I think it would be too easy to go pick a gt Sport car instead of buying each time a better car to make progress in GT7

... Fair to the players themselves for an efficient progression, and because I think it would be too easy to go pick a gt Sport car instead of buying each time a better car to make progress in GT7
If PD made it possible to import cars and data from GT Sport, there would, you would think, still be the option to not import. And if you did import, you have the option to use, or not, anything that you imported over. I've stated earlier in this thread that even if I were to be able to import cars from GT Sport, I would still play the game starting from a used car in the usual way. Anyone else would have that same choice. People could have it as easy or hard as they wanted. Isn't that 'fair', allowing people the choice?

I like how you think this is a reason for PD to not do something when it is in fact something they'd probably encourage to provide justification to shut down the servers for the previous game even faster than they already do. Doubly so for a game on a new console ecosystem that they (PD and Sony) are trying to compel people to graduate to.

Incidentally GT6 was so bad (and so few of the people I played online with at the time bothered to get it) that a garage transfer feature wouldn't have done much to change how quickly I abandoned it... to go back to playing GT5.

If PD made it possible to import cars and data from GT Sport, there would, you would think, still be the option to not import. And if you did import, you have the option to use, or not, anything that you imported over. I've stated earlier in this thread that even if I were to be able to import cars from GT Sport, I would still play the game starting from a used car in the usual way. Anyone else would have that same choice. People could have it as easy or hard as they wanted. Isn't that 'fair', allowing people the choice?
Yes, you're right too, as I asked myself the same about the personal choice.

But to be 100% honest, I may believe that PD would not bother making import from GT Sport possible, or maybe not already in the early months of GT7

Yes, you're right too, as I asked myself the same about the personal choice.

But to be 100% honest, I may believe that PD would not bother making import from GT Sport possible, or maybe not already in the early months of GT7
I doubt PD would implement transferring anything from GT Sport, but I have been putting arguments for why they should. ;) And trying to understand the reasons people have been putting forward for them not to do it. ;) :lol:

If they did not implement transferring of stuff from the start, offering the option later could receive some major backlash. Some people may want to sell their PS4's once they have a PS5, but even if they didn't, some people may still not have GT Sport installed once they have been playing GT7 for awhile, and so all the stuff they have accumulated on GT Sport could be lost already. To then off that as an option would not make me happy if I were in that situation. And while PSN may save your game save, what if you don't have a PSN account! I had a corrupted save and because I didn't have a PSN account, poof, all my data gone. :rolleyes: :banghead:

@redhed17 there should never be an option to import your cars from GT Sport garage to GT7 garage, because that is not the Right way of having cars from a previous game. Liveries should go over to a new game but we have to wait and see, but cars a definitely no.

PD did not let you transfer cars from GT5 to GT6 garage, so why transfer cars from GT Sport to GT7 garage for. And I know the one and only reason why is because they spend a limit of time playing, well you just can not blame the game just because you haven't got the time.

PD did not let you transfer cars from GT5 to GT6 garage, so why transfer cars from GT Sport to GT7 garage for. And I know the one and only reason why is because they spend a limit of time playing, well you just can not blame the game just because you haven't got the time.

There is always room for a first time in life even though I quite agree with you.

But the right question is how could PD make GT Sport cars compatible in GT7 and would they bother doing it ?
And I've got another one, with which trickery GT Sport liveries could be appliable on GT 7 cars ?

These ideas are brilliant but I'm pretty sure they won't bother losing time on this unless they want to make GT 7 a festival of bugs and glitches

Last edited:
There is always room for a first time in life even though I quite agree with you.

But the right question is how could PD make GT Sport cars compatible in GT7 and would they bother doing it ?
And I've got another one, with which trickery could GT Sport liveries could be appliable on GT 7 cars ?
Thanks. To your question about Liveries, and I had a rethink on this is why have your fantastic liveries on GT Sport and also on GT7, and I have chance my mind about liveries on GT7 now.

991 gt3rs Manthey Falken.png
vlcsnap-1963-02-25-07h35m17s683.png

Of course I'd be one of the most disapointed players if the liveries would be lost to GT Sport after a 1100+ liveries made, and most are complete liveries, not just color change + rims.

Actually the amount of the uploaded liveries is colossal and 90% of these have absolutly no aesthetic interest.

What I mean is there must be a short selection to be allowed to download in GT7 not to saturate databases from the beginning

@redhed17 there should never be an option to import your cars from GT Sport garage to GT7 garage, because that is not the Right way of having cars from a previous game. Liveries should go over to a new game but we have to wait and see, but cars a definitely no.

Are you just a troll? Why do you keep ignoring the questions we asked about your hypocrisy and continue on your hypocritical nonsense?

Wow. Good argument. Solid, watertight reasoning there. "It's not the right way" is possibly the strongest argument that I've ever heard, and certainly nobody could disagree. Ladies and gentlemen, I think we've finally found something to top the Chewbacca Defense.

So ladies and gentlemen, fordlaser has spoken and so it shall be. Here endeth the word. :rolleyes:

They have never done something before, so they can't do something different now! :confused: Again, thanks for your insight into the thinking of PD. :rolleyes:

So ladies and gentlemen, fordlaser has spoken and so it shall be. Here endeth the word. :rolleyes:
They have never done something before, so they can't do something different now! :confused: Again, thanks for your insight into the thinking of PD. :rolleyes:

The matter here is not if PD would eventually make the GT Sport individual contents available in GT7 by any means.

This argument feels like a political discussion between the two extremes.

If that precise idea is relevent one (which I think it is) we players must find solutions to make a wishful thinking an appliable idea.

Yes it is stupid to say NO without any explanations, as it is stupid too to say yes thinking PD would make it by any means bothering losing time for an accessory feature.

As I said in my earlier replies, in the case we could witness the appearance of such a feature, I'm quite sure PD would make it in a very limited way :

- only GT Sport cars compatible with GT 7 (yet nobody can tell if any GT Sport car can be implemented in GT 7)
- a few selection of liveries (between 50 and 70 .... Or a 100) to avoid databases' saturation in GT 7

Actually those who say NO would be delightful if that'd happened, whereas those who say YES would surely be disapointed because there is a lot of probabilities in which that feature would be extremely restricted.

In the case any GT Sport car can be implemented in GT 7, but PD is looking for a restricted number of them to be "sent" to GT7 I think they should allow the cars which have been driven at least 1500 km in GT Sport.
That makes 20 different cars including every 20 000 000 cr. cars for me

vlcsnap-1950-02-14-20h52m20s141.png

vlcsnap-0087-06-21-14h35m05s127.png

Last edited:
The matter here is not if PD would eventually make the GT Sport individual contents available in GT7 by any means.

This argument feels like a political discussion between the two extremes.
It seems to be some pro choice v no choice. ;) :lol: With the option to do it, the choice is up to the individual, with the no option then all that GT Sport achievements, be that cars accrued, and/or liveries/decals whatever, is lost. I would think twice about putting too much time into designing liveries if PD don't value the work and time that has gone into them. :rolleyes:

If that precise idea is relevant one (which I think it is) we players must find solutions to make a wishful thinking an applicable idea.

Yes it is stupid to say NO without any explanations, as it is stupid too to say yes thinking PD would make it by any means bothering losing time for an accessory feature.
For all we know, the idea of transferable cars accrued, and/or liveries/decals may have always been the plan, and both games have been designed with that in mind. If that were not the case, then it could be a feature that could be easily added, or indeed, not possible at all, only PD know. And I would only want the feature if it were easily added btw. PD don't seem to need too many reasons to take their time making their games, and I would like GT7 as soon as possible. But again, nobody knows. ;)

As I said in my earlier replies, in the case we could witness the appearance of such a feature, I'm quite sure PD would make it in a very limited way :

- only GT Sport cars compatible with GT 7 (yet nobody can tell if any GT Sport car can be implemented in GT 7)
- a few selection of liveries (between 50 and 70 .... Or a 100) to avoid databases' saturation in GT 7
PD/Sony know how much data is being stored on their servers. Any new servers would be designed with that in mind, and taking into account how much data new features may take up. And they would do it with the knowledge that they would plan for 100% migration, but not everyone would take advantage of the feature. The sooner they get people mainly using GT7, the quicker they could scale back and close down the GT Sport servers.

In the case any GT Sport car can be implemented in GT 7, but PD is looking for a restricted number of them to be "sent" to GT7 I think they should allow the cars which have been driven at least 1500 km in GT Sport.
That makes 20 different cars including every 20 000 000 cr. cars for me
Are PD looking for a restricted number! :eek: PD kept saying that GT Sport cars and tracks were designed with the option to easily use in a future game. Again, only they know how easy it is, or isn't, or if it is even possible, to transfer the assets from GT Sport to GT7.

While it may sound nice to limit what could be transferred if it were possible, firstly, why put restrictions on other than a car is in GT Sport and not in GT7 other than the car not existing in GT7?

And secondly, with your idea, what about the people who may have not driven as many cars a certain distance, but for the the cars they have, they have created many liveries which could have taken just as long, which they could end up losing because they have not driven the car a specified distance? :confused:

It seems to be some pro choice v no choice. ;) :lol: With the option to do it, the choice is up to the individual, with the no option then all that GT Sport achievements, be that cars accrued, and/or liveries/decals whatever, is lost. I would think twice about putting too much time into designing liveries if PD don't value the work and time that has gone into them. :rolleyes:

For all we know, the idea of transferable cars accrued, and/or liveries/decals may have always been the plan, and both games have been designed with that in mind. If that were not the case, then it could be a feature that could be easily added, or indeed, not possible at all, only PD know. And I would only want the feature if it were easily added btw. PD don't seem to need too many reasons to take their time making their games, and I would like GT7 as soon as possible. But again, nobody knows. ;)

PD/Sony know how much data is being stored on their servers. Any new servers would be designed with that in mind, and taking into account how much data new features may take up. And they would do it with the knowledge that they would plan for 100% migration, but not everyone would take advantage of the feature. The sooner they get people mainly using GT7, the quicker they could scale back and close down the GT Sport servers.

Are PD looking for a restricted number! :eek: PD kept saying that GT Sport cars and tracks were designed with the option to easily use in a future game. Again, only they know how easy it is, or isn't, or if it is even possible, to transfer the assets from GT Sport to GT7.

While it may sound nice to limit what could be transferred if it were possible, firstly, why put restrictions on other than a car is in GT Sport and not in GT7 other than the car not exist

The deeper we discuss, the closer to the truth we get.
I often get good ideas and sometimes it is shi t ideas.

You had good points lately, but I don't know why I can't imagine the whole personal contents being transfered from GT Sport to GT7.

Maybe because I have the feeling that GT7 is getting far from GT Sport ... But this is only intuition.

Or I can see how it could be possible, maybe Sport mode in GT 7 will be a light and graphically improved version of GT Sport.... The previous game within the new game.

Last edited:
And I know the one and only reason why is because they spend a limit of time playing, well you just can not blame the game just because you haven't got the time.
Having your garage ported over to a new game is BS, I know why players want their garage ported because they don't want to Grind and they have limited time to play the new game.
This argument holds no water. It's ignoring the fact that anyone carrying over their GT Sport inventory to GT7 has already invested their time to accumulate that inventory, and simply do not want to invest equal amounts of time for the same payoff again. It is the same logic as liveries; people have invested hours into their work and would highly prefer not to recreate their artwork again if they don't have to. Naturally, there can always be other consequences to this that don't undermine others' desire to keep their inventory, such as the GT7 not allowing you to fully resell your transferred inventory to easily bankroll new rewards.

Based on your history being brought up, whether or not one wants to reinvest that time shouldn't matter to you anyway, since you'll probably end up finding a glitch to exploit to build your inventory once again.

View attachment 936218 View attachment 936220
Of course I'd be one of the most disapointed players if the liveries would be lost to GT Sport after a 1100+ liveries made, and most are complete liveries, not just color change + rims.

Actually the amount of the uploaded liveries is colossal and 90% of these have absolutly no aesthetic interest.

What I mean is there must be a short selection to be allowed to download in GT7 not to saturate databases from the beginning
I feel like the colour change+rims can be combated by having the paint and rims separate from liveries. Bringing the paint and rims into their own shops would also allow the player to change the rims on any downloaded livery, and the paint shop would be restricted to only let you change the paint if the livery allows you to, cars without a livery would all be allowed paint of course. Honestly, I can't even begin to say how much it annoys me that I can't change the rims on a livery I like but hate the rims of.

I'm actually quite guilty of doing colour change+rims but that's only because of the paint shop and rim shop being shoehorned into the livery editor instead of being their own thing.

Maybe because I have the feeling that GT7 is getting far from GT Sport ... But this is only intuition.
The normal full size ;) GT games are made up of various parts, License Tests, offline championships, car customisation, car painting etc. The online GT Sport aspect of GT7 will probably be a slightly upgraded version, or at least based on, the online aspect of GT Sport. Same with the Livery editor, it will probably be an evolution of that in GT Sport. Whatever aspects of GT Sport that make it in to GT7 will be separate in GT7. Depending on how far things change from one game to the other, will determine what data can or can not be brought from one game to the other.

Or I can see how it could be possible, maybe Sport mode in GT 7 will be a light and graphically improved version of GT Sport.... The previous game within the new game.
Because I think graphically there may not be a huge increase in GT7, (I would rather GT7 cars made GT Sport cars look like GT5 cars to justify the new console) it gives be hope that it may be possible to transfer liveries, and to transfer liveries, the cars need to be there too. ;)

PD kept saying that GT Sport cars and tracks were designed with the option to easily use in a future game.

To be fair, they've been saying this since GT4 and it hasn't been true yet. PS2 assets were wildly insufficient for PS3, and even PS3 premiums weren't really good enough when put up against the PS4 stuff.

There's actually a chance that they're at a level of fidelity now where the improvements are incremental enough that mixing in previous generation assets with new stuff wouldn't be noticeable, but it will depend a lot on what quality of assets they're aiming to create for GT7.

I may have provided my view on this subject earlier, but let me repeat and clarify a bit more:

I wish that we have THE OPTION to import anything and everything we want from GTS into GT7.

Why you ask?

Because it wouldn't be cheating.
GT7 is the continuation and the extensive version of GTS, and GTS will be contained in some way shape and form in GT7, there it will allow for people like myself to continue accumulating cars...
I don't feel going through the same motion again in GT7 to get the cars I already have in GTS.
We should also get our current credit and maybe even our driving level and status..

For those of you who want to start from scratch, you can too... Nothing is forcing you to import...

You could import then sell you car for profit too.

Remember that GT is supposed to be a car RPG...we are not competing against each other, but rather competing against our own self....

I am in a position in my life where I would appreciate a head start... Or should I say the benefits of starting where I left off in the previous game...

I do not have the luxury of time like some of you do.
I am lucky if I have seat and play time, let alone sleep time.

It would be the least PD can do to give back to us players for the fact that we are spending upward $500 to play the latest iteration, especially when there is no degraded GT7 on PS4.

We have been following the GT series for over 2 decades now (I am dating myself), but throw us a bone here... I ain't getting any younger...

Dont remove the last bit of pleasure I can get from life...

EDIT: I have given a thought about Livery port over, and as much as I want us to be able to port over our liveries, but due to the large difference in graphics from GTS in PS4 to GT7 in PS5, there is no way the livery can be done justice on the PS5.

Our liveries on PS4 are too low resolutions to be ported correctly onto the PS5.

Last edited:
I may have provided my view on this subject earlier, but let me repeat and clarify a bit more:

I wish that we have THE OPTION to import anything and everything we want from GTS into GT7.

Why you ask?

Because it wouldn't be cheating.
GT7 is the continuation and the extensive version of GTS, and GTS will be contained in some way shape and form in GT7, there it will allo for people like myself to continue accumulate car...
I don't feel doing through the same motion again in GT7 to get the car I already have in GTS.
We should also get our current credit and maybe even our driving level and status..

For those of you who want to start from scratch, you can too... Nothing is forcing you to import...

You could import then sell you car for profit too.

Remember that GT is supposed to be an car RPG...we are not competing against each other, but rather competing against our own self....

I am in a position in my life where I would appreciate a head start... Or should I say the benefits of starting where I left off in the previous game...

It would be the least PD can do to give back to us players for the fact that we are spending upward $500 to play the latest iteration, especially when there is no degraded GT7 on PS4.

EDIT: I have given a thought about Livery port over, and as much as I want us to be able to port over our liveries, but due to the large difference in graphics from GTS in PS4 to GT7 in PS5, there is no way the livery can be done justice on the PS5.

Our liveries on PS4 are too low resolutions to be ported correctly onto the PS5.
I agree with everything apart from the part about the Livery Editor. To increase the quality of the decals significantly, they would have to increase the 15kb svg limit quite a bit imho. I think a lot of the decals in the game are pretty good already though, and only look poor close up, which you don't generally do when racing. ;) Yvmv. :)

To be fair, they've been saying this since GT4 and it hasn't been true yet. PS2 assets were wildly insufficient for PS3, and even PS3 premiums weren't really good enough when put up against the PS4 stuff.

There's actually a chance that they're at a level of fidelity now where the improvements are incremental enough that mixing in previous generation assets with new stuff wouldn't be noticeable, but it will depend a lot on what quality of assets they're aiming to create for GT7.
I wasn't stunned by any increase in quality from the demo at the PS5 reveal, though higher resolution demo's closer to release may start to show more of a difference.

Back