Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,293 comments
Didn't see this last time,

Don't forget the Royal Rumble doesn't set the WWE Champion to stone, that's the Elimination Chambers job.
I can see AJ retaining at the Rumble, Cena winning the Rumble, and then Miz winning the title at Elimination Chamber to make the event a triple threat.

Here's a little throwback to 2001 WWE.

There's one comment that says:
Back when every match had a reason and story behind.
I think this is one way for WWE to solve its problems in booking matches. Try creating a good short backstory like the one I posted and then lead it to a match.

I have a question to those who has Instagram, which WWE superstar do you follow? I follow Chris Jericho's IG account chrisjerichofozzy.

How about those who has an IG account? Here's a sample of Jericho's activity:

Final Raw before the Rumble which this coming Sunday, Goldberg is on tonight and he currently the bookies favourite to win on Sunday, i really hope there is nothing that would give away the winner on tonight's show, i completely agree that its the most unpredictable for years and i want to keep it that way.

Thinking about a few things WWE related...

Is it just me or do most of the entrance themes now not hold much impact? And why?

Big Show needs to drop that music he's used for the last few years. It sounds tired, slow, and cumbersome, that attitude thing someone posted earlier would be better, but if this is his last hurrah why not go back to the older theme that has some energy behind it.

Am I the only one who thinks the PPV name being the main match gimmick, Royal Rumble aside, is lazy? If you're in the Elimination Chamber match, surely there's No Way Out. King of the Ring? Please?

Am I the only one who thinks the PPV name being the main match gimmick, Royal Rumble aside, is lazy? If you're in the Elimination Chamber match, surely there's No Way Out. King of the Ring? Please?
It is lazy but here's the thing.

When WWE did the whole PPV revamp in 2009. The fans gave feedback on the PPV names in favour of these:

Hell in a Cell was more voted than these names (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1245448682.php):
  • No Escape (thing to note is that this is Elimination Chamber's name in Germany to avoid controversy with the Nazi camps)
  • Locked Up
  • Rage in a Cage (I would've preferred this name)
Elimination Chamber was more favoured than these (http://www.wrestleview.com/news2009/1253816146.php):

• Heavy Metal
  • Battle Chamber
  • Chamber of Conflict
  • Continuation of No Way Out

I'm calling it now that Jericho drops the US title belt from the shark cage for Owens to use as a way to win.
Any way to create a screwball finish. They've been pushing the cage bit hard, so my money would say you'll be right.

Raw was decent. But they still have a long way to go if they want to get on SD Live's level.

And it looks like that weight loss that Big Show is doing has already paid off. I can imagine his knees being "Thank you Show! Now we won't suffer again.' and I noticed an increase of speed for him. Kinda like his The Giant days in WCW.

Good Raw, Rollins v Zayn was a great match, kinda disappointed isn't in the Rumble match, i know he doesn't really need to be as he has Triple H at WM but a Wrestler of his calibre should be in one of the biggest matches of the year.

Big Show looks in great shape, good for him, most guys at the stage of his career prety much give up and drift away but he is still going and showing commitment for one last big run.

Really liked that ending last night, it was just wow! :drool:

2 hour kickoff show this Sunday with Sasha v Nia Jax and Raw tag titles on the line plus Shawn Michaels as a special guest, sounds good 👍

Smackdown was good too, Lumberjack IC Title match was a really good main event, the Cena/Styles segment was good too, another match added to the kickoff show.

Another thing to add to what i said about Rollins not being in the Rumble, Mojo Rawley is in the Royal Rumble and Seth Rollins isn't, yeah really!

If Tye Dillinger debuts during the Rumble, he's definitely coming out at Number 11. Why? Because we can't have nice things :lol:

Smackdown was good too, Lumberjack IC Title match was a really good main event, the Cena/Styles segment was good too, another match added to the kickoff show.

Another thing to add to what i said about Rollins not being in the Rumble, Mojo Rawley is in the Royal Rumble and Seth Rollins isn't, yeah really!
I can only imagine that HHH will be entering leading to a run in from Rollins to set up WM.

Don't forget that as well as the Royal Rumble this weekend there is also NXT Takeover San Antonio tomorrow night, featuring Nakamura v Roode for the NXT title and Asuka v Nikki Cross for the Women's title, haven't seen NXT for a few months.

Don't forget that as well as the Royal Rumble this weekend there is also NXT Takeover San Antonio tomorrow night, featuring Nakamura v Roode for the NXT title and Asuka v Nikki Cross for the Women's title, haven't seen NXT for a few months.
Correction: NXT Women's Championship is a Fatal 4-Way between Asuka, Cross, Billie Kay and Peyton Royce

IMG_20170127_173152.jpg

:banghead:

Well, that only further proves that Cruiserweights are going to be relegated to working in 205 Live. Without much space in either RAW or Smackdown to work, there aren't really many places where they can go.

But 205 also desperately needs a retweaked broadcasting strategy, because otherwise there might not be many Cruiserweight-only shows in the future...

Since we haven't done much activity here in this thread aside from our thoughts about Raw and Smackdown, how about we play a little game? Similar to the Rate That Song thread in the music subforum, instead we rate wrestling themes including the unused ones that can be found in albums, etc. I'll go first.

Was thinking that myself. Could see Joe and Nakamura come face to face in the rumble even.
Anyone who thinks the Nakamura will be in the Rumble is kidding themselves. He should be selling that leg injury, and wouldn't (in kayfabe terms) be cleared to compete. Also, as seen in previous call-ups, the wrestler is entitled to a rematch before getting called up, with the exception of one or two others, I believe. While it would be great to see him there, he won't be called up anytime soon.

Samoa Joe however, I'll be shocked if he doesn't appear in the Rumble.

EDIT- Before I forget, my pick(s) for the Rumble is either, The Miz, Jericho or Orton. I can't nail it down to one person, but I just keep changing every day. Dark horses have to be Samoa Joe, Strowman and Undertaker.

I can see a really good storyline with Joe if he was to win it. Have him be involved in a tug of war between Raw and Smackdown to be signed, similar to the one Batista had just tweaked to fit Joe's situation

Last edited:
Will try and watch NXT Takeover this week, i know the results.

Here is the final card for the first PPV of 2017, the Royal Rumble.

Kickoff Show

Raw Tag Team Championships

Cesaro & Sheamus (c) v Gallows & Anderson
(there will be two referees)

Sasha Banks v Nia Jax

Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya v Nikki Bella, Naomi and Becky Lynch

Shawn Michaels is a special guest on the panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWE Crusierweight Championship

Rich Swann (c) v Neville

Raw Women's Championship

Charlotte (c) v Bayley

WWE Championship

AJ Styles (c) v John Cena

WWE Universal Championship

Kevin Owens (c) v Roman Reigns
(Chris Jericho suspended above the ring in a shark cage)

Royal Rumble Match
Confirmed Participants:

Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho, Braun Strowman, Big Show, Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Baron Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Cesaro, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton Luke Harper, Rusev, Big Cass & Mojo Rawley.

Cant watch tonight (think you know why!) seriously cant wait to see it tomorrow night, only 22 confirmed participants in the Rumble match meaning there eight spaces to fill, Randy Orton now heavy favorite to win after it was reported this week that him and Wyatt will have a match for the WWE title at WM once Wyatt has won it at the Chamber match next month, the only title change i can see happening is the cruiserweight title.

Results in spoilers (constantly updated):

1. Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella and Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya in 9:34.

2. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson have become the NEW RAW Tag Team Champions when they defeated the former champions Cesaro and Sheamus in 10:28.

3. Nia Jax defeated Shasha Banks in 5:10.

4. Charlotte Flair retains the RAW Women's championship when she defeated Bayley in 13:03.

5. Kevin Owens retains the WWE Universal Championship when he defeated Roman Reigns in 23:38.

6. Neville is the NEW WWE Cruiserweight Champion after he submitted former champion Rich Swann in 13:31.

7. John Cena is the NEW WWE Champion after he defeated former champion A.J. Styles in 24:07.

Order of Entry
1. Big Cass
2. Chris Jericho
3. Kalisto
4. Mojo Rawley
5. Jack Gallagher
6. Mark Henry
7. Braun Strowman
8. Sami Zayn
9. Big Show
10. Tye Dillinger
11. James Ellsworth
12. Dean Ambrose
13. Baron Corbin
14. Kofi Kingston
15. The Miz
16. Sheamus
17. Big E
18. Rusev
19. Cesaro
20. Xavier Woods
21. Bray Wyatt
22. Apollo Crews
23. Randy Orton
24. Dolph Ziggler
25. Luke Harper
26. Brock Lesnar
27. Enzo Amore
28. Bill Goldberg
29. The Undertaker
30. Roman Reigns

Order of Elimination
1. Jack Gallagher (Eliminated by Mark Henry)
2. Mojo Rawley (Eliminated by Braun Strowman)
3. Big Cass (Eliminated by Braun Strowman)
4. Kalisto (Eliminated by Braun Strowman)
5. Mark Henry (Eliminated by Braun Strowman)
6. Big Show (Eliminated by Braun Strowman)
7. James Ellsworth (Eliminated by Braun Strowman)
8. Tye Dillinger (Eliminated by Braun Strowman)
9. Braun Strowman (Eliminated by Baron Corbin)
10. Kofi Kingston (Eliminated by Cesaro and Sheamus)
11. Xavier Woods (Eliminated by Cesaro and Sheamus)
12. Big E (Eliminated by Cesaro and Sheamus)
13. Sheamus (Eliminated by Chris Jericho)
14. Cesaro (Eliminated by Chris Jericho)
15. Apollo Crews (Eliminated by Luke Harper)
16. Dean Ambrose (Eliminated by Brock Lesnar)
17. Dolph Ziggler (Eliminated by Brock Lesnar)
18. Enzo Amore (Eliminated by Brock Lesnar)
19. Brock Lesnar (Eliminated by Bill Goldberg)
20. Rusev (Eliminated by Bill Goldberg)
21. Baron Corbin (Eliminated by The Undertaker)
22. Luke Harper (Eliminated by Bill Goldberg)
23. Bill Goldberg (Eliminated by The Undertaker)
24. Randy Orton (Eliminated by The Undertaker)
25. Sami Zayn (Eliminated by The Undertaker)
26. The Undertaker (Eliminated by Roman Reigns)
27. Chris Jericho (Eliminated by Roman Reigns)
28. Bray Wyatt (Eliminated by Roman Reigns)
29. Roman Reigns (Eliminated by Randy Orton)
WINNER: RANDY ORTON

Last edited:
Happy the club won the TAG team championship. FINALLY!! :D
Neville is the NEW WWE Cruiserweight Champion after he submitted former champion Rich Swann in 13:31. Now THIS I like! :D
Motion seconded!! :D

Don't know who to bet on this one... (Cena vs. AJ Styles)

It's been a long time since Cena was champion, I don't mind it as long as it's not a long long long reign of super overcoming by him. Have it like his US open challenge and it'll work well.

Back