Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,648 comments
  • 771,628 views
Heel Reigns is awesome!

- Heavy Machinery win against Miz and Morrison. Morrison steals Otis's MITB briefcase.

- Sheamus blindsided Big E and wasn't able to compete. Pearce did confirm that it will still be a Fatal 4 Way #1 Contender match.

- Baszler and Jax retain the Women's Tag Team Championships against Banks and Bayley. Banks injured her knee mid match. Bayley snapped and basically killed her. I think the breakup has begun.

- Sami Zayn still believes he's the rightful IC Champion. Hardy came out to quiet him. Styles then came out to interfere. Jey Uso has been chosen to be in the F4W.

- Turns out that Otis swapped his contract and lunch in the cases. Clever :)

- Bray Wyatt says there will be a "new friend" at the Firefly Funhouse next week...

- Jey Uso wins the Fatal 4 Way. He now faces Reigns for the Universal Championship at Clash of Champions Gold Rush.
 
I always thought that it would be Sasha that would attack Bayley so I was quite surprised that it was the other way round. The whole thing was brilliantly staged and Bayley is a superb heel. She screamed to Michael Cole 'Is it Boss time now, Cole' whilst attacking Sasha which was a good touch.

A Bit surprised that Jay Uso won, will be interesting to see how they book the build up for the match, Heyman and Reigns promo at the start was brilliant.

Before the show it was reported that Vince sent out an email to all performers who are using their name and likeness in way that are 'detrimental' to WWE with 'third parties' must cease doing so by October 2nd or risk fines, suspension or losing their jobs. Third parties is basically Twitch, Youtube, TikTok, Cameo etc. Quite a few talent stream gaming on Twitch including Paige, AJ Styles, Cesaro and Adam Cole. They obviously make a bit of money from this.

The news really has gone down well at all, they are supposed to be 'independent contractors', meaning they are free to do basically what they want when signed to a promotion, and the talent feel that its a way to make extra revenue for themselves during the pandemic when there are less live shows.

More news on this will come out soon I feel, but its not a good move at all and it show that Vince is out of touch.
 
That's probably why Rusev goes by his real name when he does his streams. I think he tried to get his in-ring name from WWE, but couldn't.
 
I have to wonder at what point the large paychecks WWE is willing to cut won't be enough to counter all the BS the wrestlers have to deal with.

Also, All-Out is tonight and it should be good, although there are far too many stipulation/gimmick matches for my liking.
 
....yeah that landing by Matt Hardy :scared:

That match was very weird, if it was scripted than I take issue with them using the "X" as a story prop and if he's legitimately hurt than AEW is moronic for continuing the match.

Overall this PPV has been pretty bad, hopefully these last few matches can lift it up. Matt Sydal's botch was legendary though!
 
That match was very weird, if it was scripted than I take issue with them using the "X" as a story prop and if he's legitimately hurt than AEW is moronic for continuing the match.

Overall this PPV has been pretty bad, hopefully these last few matches can lift it up. Matt Sydal's botch was legendary though!

Looking around Twitter is pointing towards it being legit and a massive oof on AEW's end.
 
Looking around Twitter is pointing towards it being legit and a massive oof on AEW's end.

He's supposedly been transferred to a hospital (like an actual hospital, not a "local medical facility"). :nervous:

Reby is also understandably 🤬. I would post her tweet but it contains a bad word.
 
Honestly, at this point, I will NOT be surprised to see a wrestler snapping the opponent's neck just for the sake of its character, these guys are mental!!!

Also, wishing Matt Hardy a good recovery, that was horrible...
 
I think I'm going to skip on RAW tonight. It just doesn't have the oomph that Smackdown has...
 
Drew McIntyre returned last night and he Claymore kicked Randy Orton three times during the show much like Orton punt kicked him three times during Raw two weeks ago, Orton had a match with Keith Lee which was interrupted by Drew and on Raw talk after the show Lee told Drew to stop distrupting his matches.

Cesaro and Nakamura will be on Raw next week to have a Champions v Champions match against the Street Profits. Raw Women's title on the line next week also with Asuka v Mickie James.

We heard from Retribution last night....sort of! They used voice changers and auto-tune during a promo and they now have a logo.

Billie Kay and Peyton Royce had a match against each other which Peyton won, they both have their own entrance music.

Aleister Black and Kevin Owens faced off on Raw Underground and that big NXT guy got involved, I cant remember his name but his the caucasion guy with the dreadlocks, I would much prefer it if they faced off in a regular match.

Cedric Alexander turned on Ricochet and Apollo and has joined the Hurt Business, they had an 8-man tag with the Viking Raiders in which Ivar got legit hurt when he gave a suicide dive from the ring.

Michael Cole was on Raw to replace Tom Phillips, Colde said that Tom was off this week but I don't know if its a permanent move, also R-Truth had more 24/7 title shenanigans when he was in a restaurant and Tozawa and his ninjas showed up and he said 'I didn't order no ninja'! :lol:
 
Finn Balor is the new NXT Champion, he beat Adam Cole in the 'overtime' match from the Iron-man match on NXT last night, it was a really good match as you'd expect from them two, match lasted around 25 minutes and Finn pinned Cole clean without outside interference, it was the first match on the show last night and its the second time that Balor has won the NXT title, he is only the third man to win it twice after Nakamura and Samoa Joe, there were a few chuckles on Twitter afterwards about Finn being 39 years old and winning a title on the 'development' brand, I'm not sure that NXT is a development brand anymore, I thought it was supposed to be on par with Raw and Smackdown now.
 
According to Triple H, it's supposed to be on par. It never will be, though. The way it's built and produced means it is so different from Raw and SD in immeasurable ways, as well as arena size. It's part of why what works for NXT doesn't work for the big shows, and the writing teams for those shows trying to crowbar NXT talent into the tired old storylines doesn't do them justice.

Also, NXT is Hunter's to run, while Vince still has final say for Raw and SD, and we all know what Vince does to anything not his creation.
 
Finn Balor is the new NXT Champion, he beat Adam Cole in the 'overtime' match from the Iron-man match on NXT last night, it was a really good match as you'd expect from them two, match lasted around 25 minutes and Finn pinned Cole clean without outside interference, it was the first match on the show last night and its the second time that Balor has won the NXT title, he is only the third man to win it twice after Nakamura and Samoa Joe, there were a few chuckles on Twitter afterwards about Finn being 39 years old and winning a title on the 'development' brand, I'm not sure that NXT is a development brand anymore, I thought it was supposed to be on par with Raw and Smackdown now.

Not the title I wanted him to win, but I'm glad Finn the Human has a title.
 
I heard that Finn dropped "The Demon" act because he couldn't really make it work. I think his normal self is more fitting.
 
A passing of a minor but reasonably loved personality to note:

The dude who did the epic voiceover work for TNA/Impact's hype packages for events, especially during their (arguable) peak during the mid-late 2000's
 
Big news for AEW this week is that Wednesday's Dynamite drew 1.083 million viewers breaking the 1 million mark for the first time (I think?!), it was unchallenged by NXT as that was on Tuesday and it drew a respectable 835k viewers. Time to stop the Wednesday night wars?.

Smackdown tonight, Bayley addresses her actions last week when she attacked Sasha Banks, IC title match between Jeff Hardy and AJ Styles, new episode of the Firefly Funhouse with Bray introducing a member.
 
Sami is still delusional and interfered with the IC match between Hardy and Styles.

Lucha House Party win against Cesaro and Nakamura after a distraction from The Street Profits.

Bayley explains that she used Banks to bring her over as champion.

The #1 Contender match was awesome. I was not expecting Bliss to Sister Abigail anyone. She then left in a trance. Cross now faces Bayley at Clash of Champions Gold Rush.

Otis wins against Morrison, but Miz took the lunchbox. Turns out it was a dupe :lol:

Bray tried to introduce the new friend, but the Boss (forgot what his name is) gave him a supervisor: Woobly Walrus (wonder who that's based off of...)

It was a slaughter in the beginning of the tag match as Reigns hasn't entered the arena. As Sheamus was about to finish him, Reigns comes out and got the win with the Spear.

He is nailing this new heel look!
 
John Cena v Brock Lesnar for the WWE title at Summerslam a few years ago, do you guys remember that? It was the match that Lesnar hammered Cena from start to finish, it was the most one-sided and dominant performance I have seen and it was the start of 'Suplex City' with Lesnar hitting 14 German suplex's on Cena. The recent TNT title match between Brodie Lee and Cody Rhodes on AEW drew similarities.

The reason I bring this up? That's exactly the sort of match I expect at COC for the Universal title, Reigns will destroy Jey Uso and he will take his time in doing so, It will ramp up the heel heat even more!
 
I'm betting Cross will beat Bayley this time with help from Banks. Two weeks is usually the recovery period for injuries like that.
 
Mandy Rose is moving to Raw.

The Miz announced it on Talking Smack yesterday and I think he is doing it as a way to get to Otis after they have been trying to steal the MITB contract from him in recent weeks.

That's the storyline reason as to why she is moving, as for the real reason I'm not so sure, she hasn't been on Smackdown for a few weeks since her match with Sonya at Summerslam, maybe they had nothing for her at Smackdown.
 
Mandy Rose is moving to Raw.

The Miz announced it on Talking Smack yesterday and I think he is doing it as a way to get to Otis after they have been trying to steal the MITB contract from him in recent weeks.

That's the storyline reason as to why she is moving, as for the real reason I'm not so sure, she hasn't been on Smackdown for a few weeks since her match with Sonya at Summerslam, maybe they had nothing for her at Smackdown.
Considering we're one month away from the draft, it's pretty sure it's storyline...

 
Raw tonight.

Steel Cage match between Dominik and Seth Rollins.
Drew McIntyre v Keith Lee.
Raw Women's title match-Asuka (c) v Mickie James
Raw tag champs Street Profits v SD tag champs Cesaro & Nakamura
Dolph Ziggler posted on Twitter that he will be on Raw Underground but didn't say who his opponent will be

Weirdly tonight's Raw is called Raw: In Your Face.
 
When was the last time RAW had a steel cage match??
 
It's been a while, that's for sure.

EDIT
Why do they keep squishing Dom? Yes his performance is perfect, but at least let him win one match...
 
Last edited:
Screenshot of the mandalorian's season 2's trailer... Guess who is gonna be??!! :eek::eek:

Eh9x1EYWsAAuPLu.jpg


Now we know why the split happened the way it happened...
 
Back