Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,250 comments
Monday's Raw was the last at the Amway Centre, This Friday's Smackdown will be at the Tropicana Field for the first time.

Congrats to Becky and Seth!

Karrion Kross returned to NXT last night to take out Damien Priest, this was after Damien disrespected him when Scarlett showed up earlier in the show.

Finn Balor also returned and said he will defend his NXT title on New Year Evil show on January 6th. Number one contender for that is still to be determined.

The faction that Jonny Gargano, Candice LeRae, Austin Theory and Indi Hartwell are in is called 'The Way', and after pining NXT women's champ at War Games Raquel Gonzalez pinned Ember Moon in the main event last night.

So I may need to finally sit down and watch No Holds Barred owing to the fact that Tiny Lister aka Zeus passed away earlier in the day at the age of 62.

SNEAKY EDIT:

Was not expecting a possible NXT India.

Last edited:
Still can't tell if they're burying Otis or not. He hasn't been winning his last few matches, especially tonight with Chad Gable as his partner.

It has been reported that Vince doesn't like the work of some of the larger guys so he has sent them for more training at the performance centre for two days a week, perhaps surprisingly one of those guys is Keith Lee, plus Otis...and Dio Madden (retribution member Mace) Dabba Kato and Arturo Ruas.

Keith Lee has had some weird booking lately so maybe this is why, not sure if this is a setback for some of those guys though, could be an opportunity.

If what Vince wants is Giant Gonzales or Khali out of big men, then he needs to be taken out of his position. Big Show's career has been wasted by him being the cartoon strong man on both sides of alignment, Mark Henry could have been much better, Khali should have retired before he entered WWE, Braun is going to be ruined at this rate, and Keith Lee could be awe-inspiring if he wasn't stuck in Vince's machine already.

If it's an opportunity to improve, great...but, how often has anyone improved in WWE lately. And why does Nia Jax get a pass again?

It has been reported that Vince doesn't like the work of some of the larger guys so he has sent them for more training at the performance centre for two days a week, perhaps surprisingly one of those guys is Keith Lee, plus Otis...and Dio Madden (retribution member Mace) Dabba Kato and Arturo Ruas.

Keith Lee has had some weird booking lately so maybe this is why, not sure if this is a setback for some of those guys though, could be an opportunity.
Well, that answers my question about Otis...

Haven't seen Raw from last night yet, will watch tomorrow but I know that Lana has been pulled from the Women's tag title match at TLC, she had a match with Nia last night and she got herself 'injured', Asuka will now have to find a partner.

Don't know what the reason is for this, could just be storyline but it does seem silly to drop her from the match after a lot of build up.

They seemed to move Smackdown from FOX to FS1 and start the show an hour early, so I missed the first half.

Right then lovely people its TLC tonight the last PPV of the year, here is the card.

Kick-Off Show.

-----------------------------

Raw Tag Team Championship.

The New Day (c) v Shelton Benjamin & Cedric Alexander.

Women's Tag Team Championship.
Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) v Asuka & ???

Smackdown Women's Championship.
Sasha Banks (c) v Carmella

Firefly Inferno Match.
'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt v Randy Orton.

Universal Championship-Tables, Ladders, Chairs Match.
Roman Reigns (c) v Kevin Owens

WWE Championship-Tables, Ladders, Chairs Match.
Drew McIntyre (c) v AJ Styles

Really good card I think, Looking forward to the two main title matches and whatever the Inferno match is.

I predict that Charlotte will return to team up with Asuka, and that New Day will lose the tag titles.

No pre-show match announced yet.

Pre show is on and a big eight man tag will be on it, its Gable, Otis, Bryan and Big E v Corbin, Zayn, Cesaro and Nakamura.

No other changes to the card.

An excellent show, some matches were better than others sure but there were no bad matches on the card.

Two great TLC matches, the WWE one had more actual wrestling in it and the Universal one had more spots and stunts, great chemistry between Drew and AJ in what was their first match together, one thing annoyed me was that they wasted a MITB cash in again and they don't seem to care about the case anymore, but still having the Miz enter halfway through gave the match more drama, Raw has seen some really low ratings recently and they could have easily had AJ or Miz win the title as a short term fix but I'm glad that they will continue with Drew for now at least.

Universal TLC match was my match of the night. told a great story of Owens not giving up and was full of great spots and drama, Owens came out of the match looking strong despite losing, hope we see more of this rivalry/storyline.

Charlotte returning surprised no-one but its still great to have her back after a six-moth absence, she is now a grand-slam champion after winning the tag titles with Asuka who is now a double champion, I think we all know that Charlotte will turn on Asuka eventually and challenge her for the Women's title.

Carmella was great in her match and it was the best I have seen her wrestle, Hurt Business winning the titles was needed and it was a really good tag match, Hurt Business have had a great year.

And then the main event of TLC wasn't a TLC match, the Inferno match was recorded yesterday afternoon and they must have thought that the ending would make for an amazing end to the show.....and boy where they right! I don't really know how they did it, I think it might have been a dummy he set on fire as it can't have been an actual person! But what a sight and what a way to end the show.

Smackdown will be taped on Tuesday and won't be live because Friday is Christmas Day.

Two huge matches made for the show, we knew about Sami Zayn v Big E for the Intercontinental title as they announced it last night and they have just announced the re-match for the Universal title will take place on Smackdown too, Reigns v Owens Steel Cage Match!

WWE Slammy awards are tomorrow, its a proper ceremony at the Thunderdome with loads of catagories and award presenters, its even got its own pre-show, R-Truth will host the ceremony.

Raw last night was Okay, Alexa Bliss returned during a really good segment with Orton, there was a six man tag street fight main event between McIntyre, Sheamus, Lee v Miz Morrison and Styles where they actually tag in and out despite there being no rules...

There will be a Legends edition of Raw in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, Merry Christmas to you all and I hope your having a good day. :)

Big Smackdown tonight with three title matches, Universal title on the line in a steel cage match between Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens, A lumberjack match for the Intercontinental title between Sami Zayn and Big E, the newly crowned Women's tag champs Asuka and Charlotte went over to the Blue brand to defend their titles against Sasha Banks/Bianca Belair and Bayley/Carmella in a triple threat match, also tonight is Daniel Bryan v Jey Uso.

Smackdown is not live tonight, it was recorded on Tuesday.

Enjoyed the show last night.

Didn't really like the ending of the steel cage match but it was what it was, triple threat tag match was good and the Bryan/Uso match was excellent, Congrats to Big E, loved the celebrations after.. :cheers:

Because I've slacked, I forgot my annual Wrestle Kingdom card updates.
Still going on, attendance capped at 20k for both nights owing to COVID. Newest strain detected in Japan with foreign nationals being barred from entering starting Monday as a result. Everybody who's competing is in-country, but if the foreigners competing choose to leave then they can't return for the time being. ANYWAY:

Night 1 (1/4/2021)
  1. IWGP Heavyweight/Intercontinental Championship
    Tetsuya Naito (3rd reign for HW, record-setting 6th for IC; 2nd defense for each) v.s Kota Ibushi (2019 G1 Climax winner)

2. Kazuchika Okada v.s Will Ospreay

3. Hiroshi Tanahashi v.s Great-O-Khan
  4. IWGP United States Championship Challenge Certificate*
    KENTA (certificate holder) v.s Satoshi Kojima
  5. IWGP Tag Team Championship
    Dangerous Tekkers (Taichi/Zack Sabre Jr)(c)(1st reign, 3rd defense) v.s Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga/Tanga Loa)
  6. Winner challenges for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship on Night 2
    Hiromu Takahashi v.s El Phantasmo

PRE-SHOW
  7. 22-Man New Japan Rumble, final four will move onto Night 2 to fight for the (provisional) King of Pro Wrestling 2021 trophy**

*=Still a thing even though current champ Jon Moxley kinda can't come over at the moment to defend the title
**=The King of Pro Wrestling trophy works as such: Trophy is defended as a normal title throughout the year, with the holder at the end of the year being recognized as the sole official holder for that year.
===========
NIGHT 2 (1/5/2021)

1. IWGP Heavyweight/Intercontinental Championship
    (winner of Naito/Ibushi) (either 3rd or 1st defense) v.s Jay White (current holder of the Tokyo Dome IWGP Heavyweight Championship challenge certificate)

2. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
    Taiji Ishimori (c)(1st defense) v.s (winner of Takahashi/Phantasmo)

3. EVIL v.s SANADA

4. NEVER Openweight Championship
    Shingo Takagi (c)(2nd reign, 1st defense) v.s Jeff Cobb

5. IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
    Suzuki-gun (El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru) (c)(2nd defense) v.s Ryusuke Taguchi/Master Wato

6. (Provisional)King of Pro Wrestling 2021 Trophy
    (Final four of the New Japan Rumble from Night 1)

Pre-show has two dark matches from NJPW's sister promotion Stardom
  7. Queen's Quest (Saya Kamitani/Azumi/Utami Hayashi****a) v.s Donna Del Mondo (Maika/Natsupoi/Himeka)

8. Mayu Iwatani/Tam Nakano v.s Donna Del Mondo (Syuri/Giulia)

Unrelated edit but :(

Last edited:
Brodie Lee of AEW and formerly of WWE as Luke Harper has passed away.

I too am totally speechless...

That's a low blow 2020...This would explain why he lost the TNT belt back to Cody, but 🤬 this hurts. I remember a match, I think it was Harper/Cena v. Wyatt/Orton, where Harper looked like an ace and made me take notice.

Very sad to hear about his passing, just when he was finally getting his well deserved recognition as well. His arrival in AEW really helped the Dark Order find some much needed direction, not to mention a great program with Cody.

I’d also imagine his health issues are a part of the reason his TNT Championship reign was so short. Kudos to AEW for respecting his privacy and just taking heat for something that we sadly now know was out of their control.

Last edited:
Back