Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,249 comments
Here is the Hell In A Cell for tonight.

Kick-off Show
-------------------------

Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn

Cesaro v Seth Rollins

Alexa Bliss v Shayna Baszler

Smackdown Women's Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
Bianca Belair (c) v Bayley

Raw Women's Championship
Rhea Ripley (c) v Charlotte Flair

WWE Championship-Hell In A Cell Match
Bobby Lashley (c) v Drew McIntyre

Pretty good show last night.

The bad things were Rhea getting herself DQ'ed when she used part of the announce table as a weapon and then attacked Charlotte after, who are meant to be the heels and faces here?!

The main event WWE title match was great and brutal and both Lashley and Drew went to war (the state of Drew's back!) but the finish was boring with MVP providing a distraction and Lashley getting the win from a roll up, same goes too for the Cesaro/Rollins match which was a great match but had Rollins with an inside cradle for the win. Bliss v Baszler was good but felt kind of whatever, Bliss won after using voodoo on Baszler, Reginald and Jax, the whole gimmick with Bliss is starting to feel a little stale now IMO.

Good things though, the opening match between Belair and Bayley was excellent and the finish was great, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn predictably had another fantastic match and was my match of the night, it was very physical and they both went above and beyond, Zayn picked up a badly needed win.

Bit of a mixed bag last night.

MITB qualifying matches were on Raw last night.

Riddle beat Drew McIntyre to qualify.
Ricochet beat AJ Styles to qualify.
John Morrison beat Randy Orton to qualify.
Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross and Naomi & Asuka all won tag matches to qualify.

Drew, AJ and Randy will take part in a triple threat last chance match next week to qualify. Eight people in both ladder matches.

Main event was Bobby Lashley v Xavier Woods in a HIAC match, no idea why really but it was a good match.

Lashley will face Kofi Kingston for the WWE title at MITB and Rhea/Charlotte re-match for the Women's title has been made for the show too.

It was a good Smackdown last night and a good Raw too.

Edge returning was brilliant and it wasn't ruined by spoilers as it was reported at all in the 24 hours before the show, Reigns v Edge for the title has been made for MITB and there could still be something with Seth Rollins too as when he found out in Talking Smack he was irate, he feels he deserves a title shot.

There were more releases yesterday sadly, 14 in total mostly from 205 live and NXT. 205 Live has been decimated with now only 5 active guys on the show! Veterans Tyler Breeze and Fandango are gone too.

With only 5 guys on 205, I don't see them lasting that long. Sad to hear about Breeze-dango, they were real characters.

WWE releases on Friday.

Fandango
Tyler Breeze
Killian Dain
Ariya Daivari
Marina Shafir
Ever-Rise
Arturo Ruas
Tony Nese
The Bollywood Boyz
August Grey
Curt Stallion

None of those are especially surprising unfortunately, The NXT men and woman on that list haven't been on the show in weeks.

14 year WWE veterans Fandango and Tyler Breeze are gone, the fashion files stuff they were doing a few years ago will always be a highlight but the have been on NXT last two years or so, Nikki Cross is the only former member of Sanity left after her real-life husband Killian Dain was released.

I hope they don't drop Nikki. She's probably the best thing to happen on RAW.

Last edited:
Nikki debuted a new weird superhero type gimmick on Raw this past week, it was pretty bad but apparently it was her idea and she was pitching it for a while, they should probably run with it for a bit and see where it goes.

I so much want Eva Marie's "storyline"...sorry...storycrap to end... and to see the one who came up with it fired...

Quite enjoyed last night show, it was quite a varied show with a lot of different matches.

Orton couldn't compete last night (no idea why) So Riddle took his place in a battle royal at the start of the show where the winner would take part in the triple threat MITB qualifying match in the main event, Riddle won against a returning Damien Priest (he was out with a back injury) and then he took part against Drew and AJ in the triple threat and Orton would have been added to the MITB ladder match if he won (Riddle is already in the match) Drew won the great triple threat to be added to the ladder match.

MVP and Kofi had a great back and forth promo segment, I'm not the Eva Maria thing so far either, she hasn't actually wrestled yet which is a bit weird however at least Piper Niven is getting her chance, she pinned Asuka last night.

The Diamond Mine debuted last week on NXT. They compose of Roderick Strong, Tyler Rust and Hideki Suzuki with Malcolm Bivens as their manager.

We have a new North American Champion over on NXT, Isiah 'Swerve' Scott won the title from Bronson Reed in the main event.

NXT Great American Bash is next week.

Just dropping in to say I cannot stand Miro's "Redeemer" theme. Why not keep the "Best Man" theme but remove any and all vocals?

Quite an exciting month ahead with WWE, this weeks Raw and Smackdown will be the last in the Thunderdome and from next week they will be back in front of fans.

There has been a lot of rumours and reports of big names returning as well such as Brock Lesnar, John Cena, Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks, Summerslam is building up to be a huge show.

Zelina Vega returned to WWE this past week on Smackdown, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn had a brilliant last man standing match which Owens won to qualify for MITB ladder match, I Quit match between Belair and Bayley for the SD women's title has been made for MITB.

I heard that everyone was pissed about that. Don't know what they're going to do for Smackdown now if he doesn't get cleaned up.

Great NXT show last night, it was the Great American Bash and we have new NXT Women's tag champs, Io Shirai and Zoey Stark won from Indi Hartwell and Candice La Rae, its Zoey's first title in WWE.

Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly had a great main event match with Cole winning, Tegan Nox has returned, LA Knight retained the Million Dollar title and Cameron Grimes is now his butler, MSK retained the tag titles against Thatcher and Ciampa in a great opener, would love to see more of that!

Karrion Kross defends his NXT title against Jonny Gargano next week plus the Breakout tournament starts.

A bit disappointed in Jimmy Uso but he obviously needs help, lets hope he gets it...

WWE mistakenly put a 30 day no compete clause in his contract and not the usual 90 day one...

Bayley got injured while training for her match Sunday, so they'll be announcing her replacement tonight.

Nine months out as well, reported that she tore her ACL.

The whole thing sucks, she has been one of the best performers in WWE since she turned heel, hope she comes back stronger.

She was due to face Belair a SD women's I Quit match at MITB, replacement is set to be announced tonight, I personally would like to see Liv Morgan get a shot.

Last edited:
Nine months out as well, reported that she tore her ACL.

The whole thing sucks, she has been one of the best performers in WWE since she turned heel, hope she comes back stronger.

She was due to face Belair a SD women's I Quit match at MITB, replacement is set to be announced tonight, I personally would like to see Liv Morgan get a shot.
Seeing how they're pushing her, it seems likely.

Carmella is Bayley's replacement for the title match, which will now be on next Friday with the live crowd (good move). Liv Morgan will also be in Carmella's spot in the MITB match.

Also looks like they're allowing Jimmy to keep performing for the time being until they think of something. Jey also returned.

Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox of NXT got the call up to Smackdown last night, they beat Natalya and Tamina in a non title tag match, they are now called Shotzi and Nox though, Nox only returned to NXT last Tuesday following another long spell out injured, Toni Storm will move to Smackdown too as a 'coming soon' vignette played.

As mentioned last night's SD was one of the last shows at the Thunderdome, I think the upcoming Raw will be the last at the venue, next weeks SD will be in Houston, I think its fair to say that the Thunderdome wont be missed.

Naomi has de-activated her twitter after a torrent of horrific abuse following her husbands DUI.

Absolutely no need for it, its not her fault!

Genuinely hope she is Okay.

Latest Posts

Back