Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,648 comments
  • 771,635 views
Just saw this and thought I'd post it here for you guys;
http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-rebranding-the-divas-division-new-womens-championship-commissioned/

Say goodbye to WWE’s “Divas” division and the purple butterfly belt.

WWE finally caved and the decision has been made to rebrand Divas division as the Women’s division. The official announcement will be made on Monday’s WWE RAW from Dallas, the night after WrestleMania. The news was first reported by PWInsider and we’ve since verified it independently.

A new WWE Women’s Championship belt has already commissioned. From what we’ve been told, the new Women’s Championship bares a strong similarity to the WWE World Heavyweight championship belt – but it’s mounted on a white leather strap and is smaller.
 
I'm all for the rebranding but the new title belt sounds even more stupider and feels like they are trying to be TNA with the White Strap (despite TNA moving to the Black Strap). Not to mention the WWE World Heavyweight Championship looks even more stupider than the Divas Championship, IMO.

I reckon the next course of action should be to introduce a Women's Tag Team Championship so that the Diva's/Women's that aren't Charlotte, Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks actually have something fighting for.

In other news:
The 3rd Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal has been officially moved out of the Pre-Show and is now apart of the main card.
 
Last edited:
Definitely positive news about the new Women's Championship 👍
 
Scuttlebutt on the street is that

Triple H/Reigns is now No DQ. Exactly how I'd book it is how WWE really should: make it an overbooked and physical clusterbleep of a match.
 
I have a problem with that, if it is coming after Dean Ambrose vs. Brock Lesnar then that leads to 2 things. Dean/Lesnar's action will be reduced so Triple H/Reigns can shine or Dean/Lesnar go completely at it and that just blows off a lot of steam and would probably make Triple H/Reigns boring.

Not to mention judging by crowd reactions have been, people will just cheer for HHH more and more which probably isn't what WWE want.
 
I think the No DQ stipulation being added is more for some sort of a run-in to happen without any repercussions. The Rock perhaps? Maybe to set up a Rock vs Triple H match at Wrestlemania 33? Apparently that was the plan for this year but Rock's insurance stopped it from happening.
 
Just a quick open question for you all.

Do you think a lack of competition is hurting WWE?

Let's not forget the most popular period in WWE came because WCW were beating them in the Monday Night Wars. After WCW, WWE hasn't really gotten any competition and we have been getting a lot rubbish now like before WCW was a threat. During the Attitude Era and even when Raw and Smackdown had different story writers during the brand split, no one could afford to mess up or that would mean you would lose a lot of viewership to your competition.

The closest anyone got to WWE after the Monday Night Wars was TNA, who were starting to make a profit but they shot themselves in the foot when they brought Hulk Hogan in and started letting their main guys go. Now TNA is desperate to get itself back up and I can appreciate them trying but TNA looks like a sinking ship that can't be brought back.
 
Just a quick open question for you all.

Do you think a lack of competition is hurting WWE?

Let's not forget the most popular period in WWE came because WCW were beating them in the Monday Night Wars. After WCW, WWE hasn't really gotten any competition and we have been getting a lot rubbish now like before WCW was a threat. During the Attitude Era and even when Raw and Smackdown had different story writers during the brand split, no one could afford to mess up or that would mean you would lose a lot of viewership to your competition.

The closest anyone got to WWE after the Monday Night Wars was TNA, who were starting to make a profit but they shot themselves in the foot when they brought Hulk Hogan in and started letting their main guys go. Now TNA is desperate to get itself back up and I can appreciate them trying but TNA looks like a sinking ship that can't be brought back.
You pretty much summed it up. They're sitting cozy in their golden perch and no one can touch them it seems.
 
Just a quick open question for you all.

Do you think a lack of competition is hurting WWE?

Let's not forget the most popular period in WWE came because WCW were beating them in the Monday Night Wars. After WCW, WWE hasn't really gotten any competition and we have been getting a lot rubbish now like before WCW was a threat. During the Attitude Era and even when Raw and Smackdown had different story writers during the brand split, no one could afford to mess up or that would mean you would lose a lot of viewership to your competition.

The closest anyone got to WWE after the Monday Night Wars was TNA, who were starting to make a profit but they shot themselves in the foot when they brought Hulk Hogan in and started letting their main guys go. Now TNA is desperate to get itself back up and I can appreciate them trying but TNA looks like a sinking ship that can't be brought back.
A lack of competition hurts anything as it means the company (in this case, WWE) can basically do whatever they please as there are no other alternatives for fans to go to to get their fix. Obviously, with more companies taking advantage of online streaming, brands like New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor are slowly becoming more popular and prevalent in the sporting and entertainment realms.

So yes, WWE has had a free ride in the past 10 or so years, but they will need to change soon or something like TNA might just pass them by.


I saw this on YouTube the other day, and having had the displeasure of going back on what I missed in the 2 or 3 years I stopped watching, I saw a lot of Reigns and my god, how bland can someone be? Watching the video above though, it seems like the real Reigns has a lot of charisma but the WWE writers just aren't giving him the material to show it. So you could say a lot of the WWE's problems stem from Creative and the writers, and less on the wrestlers themselves.
 
A lack of competition hurts anything as it means the company (in this case, WWE) can basically do whatever they please as there are no other alternatives for fans to go to to get their fix. Obviously, with more companies taking advantage of online streaming, brands like New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor are slowly becoming more popular and prevalent in the sporting and entertainment realms.

So yes, WWE has had a free ride in the past 10 or so years, but they will need to change soon or something like TNA might just pass them by.


I saw this on YouTube the other day, and having had the displeasure of going back on what I missed in the 2 or 3 years I stopped watching, I saw a lot of Reigns and my god, how bland can someone be? Watching the video above though, it seems like the real Reigns has a lot of charisma but the WWE writers just aren't giving him the material to show it. So you could say a lot of the WWE's problems stem from Creative and the writers, and less on the wrestlers themselves.

I think it is because WWE has moved away from dot point scripting and moved to Word-for-Word scripting. Dot Point Scripting allowed you to improvise your character which led to some memorable lines and characters. Roman Reigns would totally benefit if WWE went back to dot point scripting.
 
Looking forward to NXT Takeover tonight, I am behind on NXT by three episodes so I'll catch up before the event, what time does it start? We are about 5/6 hours ahead in the UK...
 
Well Wrestlemania will be starting at 12 our time so probably the same.
 
Nope its 3am!, not kidding, what a joke!, cant stay up to watch now its too late/early, will have to get up to watch in the morning and avoid spoilers beforehand, was really looking forward to seeing it live too...
 
Currently rewatching NXT Takeover, and I'm saying here and now, Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura has to be one of the top contenders for the Match of the Year, holy 🤬 that was wrestling at it's finest!
 
Agreed, watching now and Sami Zayn vs. Shinsuke Nakamura was really great.
 
Sadly, I can't see Wrestlemania having a great pure wrestling match. Last years show didn't look good on paper, so here's hoping this year is the same in poor build / great execution.
 
Sami Zayn vs Nakamura just became MOTY for me, let's see WM32 try top that*.






*they probably won't
 
I also loved the "PG sucks" chants in the match between Balór and Samoa Joe, but where did he actually cut himself? :eek:
 
Right at the beginning, I think there was a butt of heads.
 
First Roadblock and now NXT Takeover, WWE really needs to get its act together if Wrestlemania can't top a glorified House Show and the Minor Leagues.
 
Still can't stop thinking "Shinsuke's gonna kill you!" after last night.
 
Sting announced his retirement at the WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony.

Can't say I'm surprised.
 
Has anybody ever heard of Nine Legends? Apparently it came out a couple of months ago. I'll try and squeeze it in at some point today after HOF and before Wrestlemania.



 
Really enjoyed Takeover, Zayn/Nakamura was amazing match and it was a great show overall, a bit surprised that Balor retained as I thought he would've dropped the belt to Joe as he has been Champ for over 200 days now

Sad to hear about Sting retiring but no real surprise...
 
Really sorry for the double post but here is the final card for tonight....

Kick-Off Show

United States Championship

Kalisto (c) v Ryback

Natalya, Paige, Alicia Fox, Brie Bella and Eva Marie v Lana, Tamina, Naomi, Emma and Summer Rae

The Uso's v The Dudley Boyz

----------------------------------------------------------------

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royale
Heath Slater, Curtis Axel, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Big Show, Kane, Tyler Breeze, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Fandango, Damien Sandow, Darren Young, Konnor, Viktor, Goldust, R-Truth and four others....

Chris Jericho v AJ Styles

The Rock appearance

League Of Nations v The New Day

Intercontinental Championship-Ladder Match
Kevin Owens (c), The Miz, Zak Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, Stardust, Sami Zayn, Sin Cara

Divas Championship-Triple Threat Match
Charlotte (c) v Becky Lynch v Sasha Banks

No Holds Barred Street Fight
Brock Lesnar v Dean Ambrose

Hell In A Cell Match
Shane McMahon v The Undertaker
(if Shane wins he becomes Raw GM, if Taker loses it'll be his last Wrestlemania)

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H (c) v Roman Reigns

Iam actually quite looking forward to it tonight, big occasion for everyone, hope they all enjoy it...
 
HOF is a great watch this year. Godfather seems like such a nice chap! Ric Flair's induction of Sting was weird, it was all about Ric, though.
 
The match I was looking forward to the most was utterly disappointing.

Make no mistake, I never expected Dean to win but what I did expect was for them to build him up by losing. Have Brock put some real effort into dispatching him; have him kick out of at least one F5; have him take suplexes and just egg Brock on for more.

I guess the latter did happen to some extent but it wasn't very illustrative of all the 🤬 talking Dean did in the weeks building up to this. Missed opportunity all around, but I can't really say I'm surprised. This is Vince and the WWE, after all.
 
That HIAC Match was insane...until the ending 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
While others might be happy, I got really 🤬 off about Ryder winning the Intercontinental Championship. The only positive thing I can say is that the Ladder Match didn't feel meaningless.

You had Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Stardust. Hell even 🤬 Sin Cara would've been a better choice than 🤬 Ryder.

I'd take Batista winning another Royal Rumble just after returning than Zack Ryder suddenly winning a Championship
 
What is this? What am I actually watching?
 
Back