Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,927 views
I've never understood why people attacked Cena's arsenal. He's always had a good range and it's just gotten better.

I don't understand it either. I like Cena. I just wish he'd turn heel already.
 
The problem is who does he put over? The only two people I can see beating him are both in NXT. Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura. Joe, ever since his very early days in the early 2000s, has always carried himself like a killer. Nakamura has a history of wrestling Brock, having wrestled him when Brock was IWGP Champion. I don't see anyone else I could have beat him, I'd love to have AJ beat him but would anyone buy it. He's cocky, sloppy and dangerous, but they've backed themselves into this corner.
I would suggest Goldberg, but the man isn't willing to step into a wrestling ring again. When Goldberg is into it, he really is into it.
 
As soon as WWE signed Shinsuke, that was the one match I highlighted. Both are stiff as hell, both know each other, both have MMA experience, and are polar opposite characters.

Again, that's a good idea in theory, but right now it's far from being an ideal one. Both have raw talent, that's impossible to deny, but Nakamura doesn't have the massive ego and big ups-support of Lesnar (from what he did to Orton, it's safe to say that Vince gave him leeway to do that). And unfortunately, those last two things could lead to a repeat of their NJPW match; technically sound, but biased towards Lesnar and with an equally obvious ending...

Ken
I don't understand it either. I like Cena. I just wish he'd turn heel already.

Maybe he will after Summerslam? What he did with the armband is somewhat telling that he could be starting to lose faith in himself, possibly leading to a heel turn because he feels that believing in people other than himself is no longer working due to his loss against Styles.
 
If Cena doesn't turn heel then he will be gone I think, I know people think he will be there forever but with all the other stuff he has going on outside the ring I just get the feeling that he is transitioning from being a Wrestler to being a media person/celebrity, he was quoted in an interview last week that he actually wants someone to take his spot...


Some breaking news, WWE have officially said that Finn Balor did suffer an injury to his right shoulder last night and will see a consultant to determine whether he needs surgery or not...
 
Last edited:
Maybe he will after Summerslam? What he did with the armband is somewhat telling that he could be starting to lose faith in himself, possibly leading to a heel turn because he feels that believing in people other than himself is no longer working due to his loss against Styles.

I agree, it looks like it's possible he could turn. But I'm not getting my hopes up. It's looked possible before.
 
So Jericho supposedly got into it with Lesnar after last night's BS because he basically thought it was BS as well.

According to a report from The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the ending of the match between Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton last night at SummerSlam went pretty much according to plan, except for the fact that Randy Orton wasn't supposed to get cut open as bad as he did. It was NOT done intentionally by Brock Lesnar.

However, immediately after the match, when Orton and Lesnar got backstage, Chris Jericho was very concerned about Orton and reportedly asked WWE agent Michael Hayes if this was the plan for the match, and Hayes apparently wouldn't answer Jericho, for whatever reason. This led Jericho to believe that Lesnar had done it on purpose. According to one report, Jericho's exact words were, "That's bull****."

Lesnar overheard Jericho's remarks and allegedly either called him a "pussy" and/or told him to "shut up." There are conflicting reports as to what exactly Lesnar said. But it resulted in Jericho getting in Lesnar's face and the two got into a heated argument. Lesnar allegedly then shoved Jericho and Jericho came back at him. According to one report, Lesnar then said something to Jericho to the effect of, "Either punch me or kiss me." WWE Chief Operating Officer Paul "Triple H" Levesque separated the two of them but then they continued arguing and getting in each other's faces again, which led to WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon getting involved to tell Jericho that everything had gone according to plan and that Jericho was the one who was behaving unprofessionally.

Triple H then informed McMahon that Lesnar had actually touched Jericho first (when he shoved him back) and that Jericho was simply defending himself. When Jericho checked on Randy Orton again, Orton reassured Jericho that the match had gone according to plan and that he shouldn't be upset with Lesnar.

Save us Y2J... :D :lol:
 
Ken
I agree, it looks like it's possible he could turn. But I'm not getting my hopes up. It's looked possible before.

Well it's gotta happen at some point, might as well make it now. Cena can't end his career without at least one brief heel turn, can he...? And after such a great match and the way it ended, it would make perfect sense for him to unleash a more agressive side because he held back after Styles kicked out of the avalanche-style AA being amazed at AJ's fighting spirito and whatnot. Then again, it did look possible before but didn't happen, so who knows...?
 
Calling Jericho the unprofessional one when Brock Lesnar called him a "pussy"???
 
So the Dudley Boyz are actually retiring, a shame but they had a great run throughout all these years :).
 
Finn to reportedly be out for up to 6 months. At least he's not looking as bad as Itami in terms of severity of the shoulder injury, but talk about the worst time for it to happen. Seth needs to retire the Buckle/Barricade Bomb. He's no Michael Elgin, he lacks the power and technique to do the move properly. Hell, he's already caused Sting to retire, last thing we want is more.
 
That just annoys me to no end. He finally gets the call up, has a match and is crowned champion - all in his "debut" month. Only to be forced into relinquishing it.

The Curb Stomp was never this harmful and that's banned. The Buckle Bomb has already injured more than one person and he's still being cleared to perform it. I don't understand the consistency for safety's sake...
 
Well it's gotta happen at some point, might as well make it now. Cena can't end his career without at least one brief heel turn, can he...? And after such a great match and the way it ended, it would make perfect sense for him to unleash a more agressive side because he held back after Styles kicked out of the avalanche-style AA being amazed at AJ's fighting spirito and whatnot. Then again, it did look possible before but didn't happen, so who knows...?
If I think what is happening is happening, I think that I can predict Cena's Wrestlemania opponent.

It's Undertaker
 
Sad for Balor. Rollins just needs an overhaul on his arsenal. He put Sting away, he hurt Finn. Who next?
 
That just annoys me to no end. He finally gets the call up, has a match and is crowned champion - all in his "debut" month. Only to be forced into relinquishing it.

The Curb Stomp was never this harmful and that's banned. The Buckle Bomb has already injured more than one person and he's still being cleared to perform it. I don't understand the consistency for safety's sake...

Exactly. The Curb Stomp or even his old indy finish as Tyler Black, God's Last Gift (Small Package Driver), are both moves I'd trust him to do over the Buckle Bomb since he hasn't hurt anyone. He even (with AJ Styles which is probably a big reason why) busted out a perfectly safe looking Vertebreaker/Cop Killa on a house show. It's just a sloppy looking move when he does it, which if I'm honest doesn't even fit his character. You'd think a powerhouse would be breaking stuff out like that.

Still, this is a company that trusts Braun Strowman with an Inverted Choke Slam so their judgement probably isn't the best. :lol:
 
Well, a bit of good news on the injury front for a change. The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Sasha Banks is indeed taking time off to deal with recent injuries to her back, but thankfully, they won't require surgery, which means that she will return sooner than expected. She is expected to return to action on a September 23rd Live show in Moline, IL.
 
Just watched the Lesnar V Orton match. Holy 🤬.

Looks like smarks and marks are now arguing to see if Lesnar beatdown to Orton was worked or not. Not to mention Orton lost a lot of blood and his blood loss is already around the levels of Eddie Guerrero's blood loss during his match against JBL.

So what do you guys think? Is it a work or did Lesnar go off-script?

On a side note, I blame McGregor for this. If he haven't infuriated WWE wrestlers for being fake and 🤬, then I think the Lesnar V Orton would have gone bloody.
 
YES!!! :D 👍 :cheers:

 
I would suggest Goldberg, but the man isn't willing to step into a wrestling ring again. When Goldberg is into it, he really is into it.
Goldberg wants one more match for his son to see, but the WWE seems disinterested in letting it happen. He also can't do anything currently as he's undergone double knee surgery just recently.
 
Sad for Balor. Rollins just needs an overhaul on his arsenal. He put Sting away, he hurt Finn. Who next?

Sami Zayn, you're up...

Well, Owens is with Jericho and double Heel title matches don't happen that much. Plus, Sami beat Seth on some occasion, I think...

Ok Seth, stick to Phoenix Splashes, those don't hurt others...
...as much as they can hurt you, that is. :sly::lol:
 
So it is rumoured that Smackdown will come up with Tag Team and Women's titles in time for Backlash.

Added rumour is that American Alpha will win the Tag Team titles (which I know they are the focus right now but I just can't stand those guys -_-) and Eva Marie being the Women's Champion.

Eva Marie is an interesting pick if it is true. Her very existence gets people to boo her and if WWE are using this to their advantage like they did with Bo Dallas in NXT, I could see this being golden. Even though I think Becky deserves it more...
 
Eva Marie is possibly the best female heel in the business right now. So giving her the title would make perfect sense. The IWC will have it's stereotypical whinge about it, though.
 
Well, it's going to be Owens vs. Rollins vs. Cass vs. Reigns for the now vacated Universal belt next Monday, after a series of matches on RAW to determine those four slots. Cass being there is certainly surprising, but I doubt he'll win. As shocking as him winning would be, he's just not quite there yet to hold a major singles belt. I'll place my bets on either Rollins or Reigns to win... unless Vince wants to prove me (and the rest of the WWE fans) wrong, of course.
 
Well, it's going to be Owens vs. Rollins vs. Cass vs. Reigns for the now vacated Universal belt next Monday, after a series of matches on RAW to determine those four slots. Cass being there is certainly surprising, but I doubt he'll win. As shocking as him winning would be, he's just not quite there yet to hold a major singles belt. I'll place my bets on either Rollins or Reigns to win... unless Vince wants to prove me (and the rest of the WWE fans) wrong, of course.

How did that old song on Sesame Street go?
One of these things is not like the others... One of these things just doesn't belong...
That was the first thing I thought of when I saw that list of participants... :D
 
Not much on Lesnar last night on Raw, might be more on SD tonight as Orton is on SD, so is Shane...
 
Not much on Lesnar last night on Raw, might be more on SD tonight as Orton is on SD, so is Shane...
Handicap match against Lesnar at backlash?? :eek::eek:
Well, it's going to be Owens vs. Rollins vs. Cass vs. Reigns for the now vacated Universal belt next Monday, after a series of matches on RAW to determine those four slots. Cass being there is certainly surprising, but I doubt he'll win. As shocking as him winning would be, he's just not quite there yet to hold a major singles belt. I'll place my bets on either Rollins or Reigns to win... unless Vince wants to prove me (and the rest of the WWE fans) wrong, of course.
Umm, Neville, Valor, and other wrestlers had same title chances just getting into the main rooster, remember?? Cass has some timé now, so it's now his chance
 
With the exception of Balor, they were all minor Championships though, not the main one.
 
That's not even taking into consideration the fact that Cass is pretty average as a worker. Only got over because of Enzo, stole his entire schtick from him and seems to have no identity of his own. That and his finish used to be a jumping elbow drop. Not even off the top rope or anything, just a jumping elbow drop.
 
That's not even taking into consideration the fact that Cass is pretty average as a worker. Only got over because of Enzo, stole his entire schtick from him and seems to have no identity of his own. That and his finish used to be a jumping elbow drop. Not even off the top rope or anything, just a jumping elbow drop.

Well he does have the East River Crossing now, so that elbow bit isn't as bothersome as it was in the past. But still, he's a bit too green for a major title run. He hasn't even won an US and/or IC title yet, what makes us believe he can get past a former ROH champion, a former WWE and US champion (and another former ROH champion), and WWE's modern-day John Cena? The odds are too much for Cass to overcome, even Finn had a NXT title reign before winning the Universal Championship...
 
Daniel Bryan just tweeted that 2 new belts will be debuted on SD. Assuming a Women's belt will be one of them. I hope they don't all look the same though.
 
So the titles have the simple name of being called the Smackdown Women's Championship and the Smackdown Tag Team Championship.

Not sure how I feel about these names, they sound decent but it makes them sound inferior to the WWE Women's Championship and the WWE Tag Team Championship
 
Back