Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,877 views
I think another reason why they chose Orton/Lesnar over Balor/Rollins is because it was a multi-brand match. It's too early to give a brand a main event as it just lowers the value of the other brand.
 
I think another reason why they chose Orton/Lesnar over Balor/Rollins is because it was a multi-brand match. It's too early to give a brand a main event as it just lowers the value of the other brand.
Also because both weren't in a WWE match for a while, as well ;)
 
I think another reason why they chose Orton/Lesnar over Balor/Rollins is because it was a multi-brand match. It's too early to give a brand a main event as it just lowers the value of the other brand.

Probably. But it didn't have any significance. It didn't even about bragging rights attached.
 
Here's Orton's head after the match, holy (beep)! Lesnar must thought he was Mcgregor on a UFC match! :eek:
Screenshot_2016-08-22-04-20-21.png


I should aware you guys about the graphic warning, but we aren't kids :lol:
 
I was honeslty mostly excited for the WWE World Championship to see Dolph Ziggler compete in the top level again.

Though like his World Heavyweight Championship reigns, I expected too much and like a lot of Ziggler pushes wasn't his fault. The match was great until the very end where Ziggler lost so simply, I'd rather WWE just not push him at all instead of acting like he'll get a push only to say "lol NOPE" like they do constantly.
 
After the continued ground and pound by Lesnar, I honestly thought Goldberg would show up. It seemed to perfectly build up to it, especially considering all the back and forth verbal barbs directed at each other throughout the week leading into SummerSlam.

Is Brock scheduled to attend Raw tomorrow and is Goldberg still in Brooklyn tomorrow?

Also, I'm surprised Styles apparently went over clean. I thought they'd be some sort of interference or controversy about it, but nope.

As for those Taker rumours I mentioned earlier in the week, they're still persisting with his return supposedly scheduled for a Smackdown Live to boost ratings. I still refuse to believe it, but deep down inside I want to believe it's true. :lol:
 
Hello there, GTP's wresslin' community. As someone who has been more or less keeping up with WWE's current product, and now that I have proper Cable TV access to up-to-date live tapings, I guess this is a good time to join in the discussion.

So, Summerslam... Well, it was a ride alright. There were some "eh" early matches, then the slightly less "eh" WWE World Heavyweight title (I admire both Ziggler and Ambrose's efforts, but something didn't click in that match, it felt flat), a harmless and rather fun Divas tag match (well, as fun as that can be) then the really good Universal title match... then that show-ending match.

Don't get me wrong, I am not squeamish over seeing blood in matches; heck, I can stomach Foley vs Edge at Wrestlemania 22 and the WWE Title 3-way match in the Backlash PPV that came after said Wrestlemania. But what I can be squeamish about is seeing this bonafide soon-to-be-classic, the "15 years in the making" match, turned into nothing more than an extended Lesnar squash.
That was it? That was Orton's great homecoming? Unless there's a proper payoff later down the line, I will count this ironic TRKO (see what I did there?) as a Nope/10.

But good for Finn, it's surreal how clean his transistion from being on top of NXT to being on top of RAW was. Guy has earned it...
 
You say good for Finn, however he got injured last night. Being assessed today as to whether he will need surgery.
 
Reports are that not only Balor was injured, but Sasha Banks as well. She's been pulled from a months worth of upcoming events. Also of note, Samoa Joe took to Twitter to proclaim he had suffered a dislocated jaw at his match with Nakamura.
 
And I had to open my big mouth, didn't I...? I knew about Sasha's injury, but I wasn't aware Finn got injured himself.

If Finn goes the way of Banks, Seth takes over once more until either Finn returns or someone else takes the belt from him beforehand...
 
I don't see the point in WWE banning chair shots to the head and blading when you're going to have Brock Lesnar, a legitimate former UFC World Heavyweight Champion, go out there and bust Orton open hardway. That was their intention and it sickens me. Fair enough, I watched some crazy spots in the Jay Briscoe/Hangman Page match (including one of the craziest Omori Drivers/Rites Of Passage I've ever seen) but they weren't trying to hurt each other, they just wanted you to think they were. Not to mention I'm not a fan of intentional blood after what happened with Nigel McGuinness in TNA. There are times where the visual can add so much to a match but that BS at SummerSlam was a joke.

Oh well, at least AJ won clean, even if there were too many kickouts.
 
Just seen it, that ending had me thinking it was intentional too but it was apparently planned to have Orton bleed hardway and not blading, not sure if the Shane F5 thing was intentional or scripted though, Orton needed 11 staples to his head, no lasting damage or concussions though.

Enjoyed the show, thought Cena-Styles was MOTN and was a bit surprised that Styles won clean, was also surprised that they put the Universal belt on Finn, I knew straightaway that he was hurt when he was thrown into that Barrier hard and he hit it right shoulder first, hope its not serious that he has to vacate the title already, I also squirmed when that move in the corner on Sasha happened, was that a botch? Its a pretty serious one if so. the other matches were either meh or god with nothing really standing out for me.

Lesnar is not scheduled to be on Raw tonight, there could be something happening with the Dudley's, Bubba twetted that they will say goodbye tonight, rumours are that they will announce their retirement but they could just be leaving WWE, their current reign has lasted for a year.
 
Just seen it, that ending had me thinking it was intentional too but it was apparently planned to have Orton bleed hardway and not blading, not sure if the Shane F5 thing was intentional or scripted though, Orton needed 11 staples to his head, no lasting damage or concussions though.

Enjoyed the show, thought Cena-Styles was MOTN and was a bit surprised that Styles won clean, was also surprised that they put the Universal belt on Finn, I knew straightaway that he was hurt when he was thrown into that Barrier hard and he hit it right shoulder first, hope its not serious that he has to vacate the title already, I also squirmed when that move in the corner on Sasha happened, was that a botch? Its a pretty serious one if so. the other matches were either meh or god with nothing really standing out for me.

Lesnar is not scheduled to be on Raw tonight, there could be something happening with the Dudley's, Bubba twetted that they will say goodbye tonight, rumours are that they will announce their retirement but they could just be leaving WWE, their current reign has lasted for a year.

I hope they are. Since coming back to WWE they've been jobbers, which is not how they should be presented at all given their combined 23 World Tag Team title reigns. They'll go to New Japan hopefully, which if the current champions stay as they are will lead the The Dudleys (or Team 3D as they'll no doubt be known) against The Briscoes. Dream match, simple as. :D

EDIT: Or they're leaving Raw, not WWE, and will be the top heel team and first SmackDown Tag Champions, building to a program with The Usos that they win before dropping the straps to American Alpha at Mania.
 
so like I said I did enjoy the show but it wasn't special and I think it needed to be because on paper it looked like a fantastic card, it really didn't need to be four hours (six with the preshow), a few of the matches could have easily have been on Raw or SD...
 
They'll go to New Japan hopefully, which if the current champions stay as they are will lead the The Dudleys (or Team 3D as they'll no doubt be known) against The Briscoes. Dream match, simple as. :D

I don't know... I mean the Dudleys already been there done that when it comes to NJPW, and held the IWGP titles alongside the TNA ones at one point. Eventually their reign ended on a whimper in a rather lacklustre 3-way tag match at the Tokyo Dome, a hardcore match that people had already seen a million times with them which ended with another team pinning the weakest possible link (No Limit pinning Karl Anderson back when he was a Bad Intentions member, those were the days, haha)... The whole Briscoes vs Dudleys sounds like a good idea in theory, but you don't really how would NJPW handle it.

I prefer the idea where they go to Smackdown, eventually get a title shot and win and then give a younger team like American Alpha ye ol'rub. A bit cliché, but hey, it would be a nice idea all things considered, no?
 
I don't know... I mean the Dudleys already been there done that when it comes to NJPW, and held the IWGP titles alongside the TNA ones at one point. Eventually their reign ended on a whimper in a rather lacklustre 3-way tag match at the Tokyo Dome, a hardcore match that people had already seen a million times with them which ended with another team pinning the weakest possible link (No Limit pinning Karl Anderson back when he was a Bad Intentions member, those were the days, haha)... The whole Briscoes vs Dudleys sounds like a good idea in theory, but you don't really how would NJPW handle it.

I prefer the idea where they go to Smackdown, eventually get a title shot and win and then give a younger team like American Alpha ye ol'rub. A bit cliché, but hey, it would be a nice idea all things considered, no?

Yeah, I'd love to see the Dudleys/Briscoes match. Either that or they appear in ROH claiming that the ROH Tag Titles are the titles that mean the most that they have yet to hold. Dudleys/Addiction would be a great matchup too, especially with those great wrestling minds like Bubba and Christopher Daniels. If they don't leave WWE I'd love to see them get one last big heel run on SmackDown, them beating The Usos before the AA switch could also make a great catalyst for if you wanted to turn The Usos heel.
 
Wouldn't mind if the Dudleys split up. Bubba proved in TNA that he can work on his own now, whike I always though D-Von had a lot of potential on his own that TNA never took advantage of.
 
Wouldn't mind if the Dudleys split up. Bubba proved in TNA that he can work on his own now, whike I always though D-Von had a lot of potential on his own that TNA never took advantage of.

I could see singles runs for both, but there are two things I never need to see again. The Dudleys feuding with each other and Reverend D-Von. :lol:
 
Wouldn't mind if the Dudleys split up. Bubba proved in TNA that he can work on his own now, whike I always though D-Von had a lot of potential on his own that TNA never took advantage of.
Just please, no Reverend D-Von again. :lol:
 
I could see singles runs for both, but there are two things I never need to see again. The Dudleys feuding with each other and Reverend D-Von. :lol:

Just please, no Reverend D-Von again. :lol:

Damn, pretty sure we posted these within seconds of each other. :cheers: :lol:
 
I don't see the point in WWE banning chair shots to the head and blading when you're going to have Brock Lesnar, a legitimate former UFC World Heavyweight Champion, go out there and bust Orton open hardway.

This. So much this. Why is it okay that Lesnar gets away with so much more than any other performer. He gets to have sponsors, he gets to swear, he gets to F5 a McMahon, and obviously be gets to make people bleed. I don't mind any of these things, but I don't like that he's the only one that gets to do it.
 
Ken
This. So much this. Why is it okay that Lesnar gets away with so much more than any other performer. He gets to have sponsors, he gets to swear, he gets to F5 a McMahon, and obviously be gets to make people bleed. I don't mind any of these things, but I don't like that he's the only one that gets to do it.
Makes the feuding with people like Batista, Punk so much more hypocritical.
 
Makes the feuding with people like Batista, Punk so much more hypocritical.

It does. It truly does. It makes the whole of WWE seem shady to me. I don't like Lesnar, and I don't like the WWE up his ass either. He's a beast, he's a good wrestler, but he is out and out an asshole.
 
Ken
It does. It truly does. It makes the whole of WWE seem shady to me. I don't like Lesnar, and I don't like the WWE up his ass either. He's a beast, he's a good wrestler, but he is out and out an asshole.
When he first came back it was great. He had amazing feud with Triple H and Cena, and his last two matches with Taker were great. Hell, even his match with Roman was enjoyable. But more and more, I find that Lesnar is putting WWE in impossible spots. You either give him a belt or pay him to decimate people. He is an amazing wrestler when he wants to be, but last night wasn't wrestling, and I think it's just going to escalate.
 
When he first came back it was great. He had amazing feud with Triple H and Cena, and his last two matches with Taker were great. Hell, even his match with Roman was enjoyable. But more and more, I find that Lesnar is putting WWE in impossible spots. You either give him a belt or pay him to decimate people. He is an amazing wrestler when he wants to be, but last night wasn't wrestling, and I think it's just going to escalate.

The problem is who does he put over? The only two people I can see beating him are both in NXT. Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura. Joe, ever since his very early days in the early 2000s, has always carried himself like a killer. Nakamura has a history of wrestling Brock, having wrestled him when Brock was IWGP Champion. I don't see anyone else I could have beat him, I'd love to have AJ beat him but would anyone buy it. He's cocky, sloppy and dangerous, but they've backed themselves into this corner.
 
Makes the feuding with people like Batista, Punk so much more hypocritical.

Well I bet Punk is grinning from ear to ear after seeing Lesnar v Orton, especially with his "anti-stiffness" campaign he heraled since leaving WWE... Would I love to see him get his dome caved in by Lesnar after complaining about how stiff modern WWE wrestlers can be? I can't say that I wouldn't...

On a different (and more positive) note, I am in the process of watching Takeover II. My main target is the match that apparently messed up Samoa Joe's jaw (wouldn't be the first time Nakamura messed up someone's facial area, just ask Hiroshi Tanahashi and his eye socket), but the other matches aren't going to be ignored. Let's see if a truncated product really is worthy of more hype than a top-of-the-line PPV...
 
When he first came back it was great. He had amazing feud with Triple H and Cena, and his last two matches with Taker were great. Hell, even his match with Roman was enjoyable. But more and more, I find that Lesnar is putting WWE in impossible spots. You either give him a belt or pay him to decimate people. He is an amazing wrestler when he wants to be, but last night wasn't wrestling, and I think it's just going to escalate.

When he first came back, it was great. But I think it was great because everybody thought the old Lesnar would be back. Nope. We got the UFC meathead that thinks he is better than everybody. As time has gone on, and WWE has fed that ego more and more, that meathead has taken over Lesnar's abilities. I mean, he's got three moves anymore. All he does is German suplex people, but them in the mouth, and then F5 them. And people give Cena 🤬 for his lack of moves. I don't see Lesnar doing flipping powerbombs.
 
The problem is who does he put over? The only two people I can see beating him are both in NXT. Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura. Joe, ever since his very early days in the early 2000s, has always carried himself like a killer. Nakamura has a history of wrestling Brock, having wrestled him when Brock was IWGP Champion. I don't see anyone else I could have beat him, I'd love to have AJ beat him but would anyone buy it. He's cocky, sloppy and dangerous, but they've backed themselves into this corner.
As soon as WWE signed Shinsuke, that was the one match I highlighted. Both are stiff as hell, both know each other, both have MMA experience, and are polar opposite characters.
Ken
When he first came back, it was great. But I think it was great because everybody thought the old Lesnar would be back. Nope. We got the UFC meathead that thinks he is better than everybody. As time has gone on, and WWE has fed that ego more and more, that meathead has taken over Lesnar's abilities. I mean, he's got three moves anymore. All he does is German suplex people, but them in the mouth, and then F5 them. And people give Cena 🤬 for his lack of moves. I don't see Lesnar doing flipping powerbombs.
I've never understood why people attacked Cena's arsenal. He's always had a good range and it's just gotten better.
 
Back