Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,890 views
Not sure how I feel about these names, they sound decent but it makes them sound inferior to the WWE Women's Championship and the WWE Tag Team Championship

They are just copies of their Raw counterparts anyways, just with the colors tweaked. It makes it feel like the Smackdown brand is nothing but the B show again. I was hoping for more.
 
Ken
They are just copies of their Raw counterparts anyways, just with the colors tweaked. It makes it feel like the Smackdown brand is nothing but the B show again. I was hoping for more.
Yeah, at least the Tag Titles look better with Silver instead of Bronze :)
 
Yeah, at least the Tag Titles look better with Silver instead of Bronze :)

I do agree. Plus the strap looks good in that dark blue. Better than the blood red of the World Galaxy Universal Extra-Dimensional Championship.
 
Ken
I do agree. Plus the strap looks good in that dark blue. Better than the blood red of the World Galaxy Universal Extra-Dimensional Championship.
Glad the Smackdown Women's Championship didn't go overboard with colours, just swap the red with blue and that was it.
 
Glad the Smackdown Women's Championship didn't go overboard with colours, just swap the red with blue and that was it.

I wish the titles would have been something new. Something that separated the two brands. Now it honestly feels like they set up Smackdown to be a inferior show. Which is horrible, because as of late, it's the much better show.
 
Ken
I wish the titles would have been something new. Something that separated the two brands. Now it honestly feels like they set up Smackdown to be a inferior show. Which is horrible, because as of late, it's the much better show.
Getting into this whole Dean Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler, AJ Styles stick. A triple threat match with them would be great.
 
Hopefully the Cruiserweight belt isn't red as well.
 
Hopefully the Cruiserweight belt isn't red as well.

I wonder if they are going to call it the Micro-verse Championship.

EDIT: "...................and Cedric Alexander, with that avalanche Spanish Fly, just broke all the astrophysics."
 
Inb4 the Cruiserweight name just means the belt will be smaller than the Universal insult to those with eyesight better than Stevie Wonder
 
Inb4 the Cruiserweight name just means the belt will be smaller than the Universal insult to those with eyesight better than Stevie Wonder

3228189913
 
Blacklash is shaping up to be a very interesting PPV already.

but why was Baron Corbin talking to Erick Rowan during the backstage segment :P?
 
AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose should be interesting.
 
It leaves to wonder what Dolph Ziggler is going to do now though.

Maybe go for the Intercontinental Championship? Miz seems to be doing nothing as well.
 
This does set up a heel turn for Dolph, which will be cool.
 
That's not even taking into consideration the fact that Cass is pretty average as a worker. Only got over because of Enzo, stole his entire schtick from him and seems to have no identity of his own. That and his finish used to be a jumping elbow drop. Not even off the top rope or anything, just a jumping elbow drop.
I can see Big Cass as the next Test. Cass and Test share similarities to each other such as utilizing the big boot, both are tall, and both are decent in the mic.
 
Ken
This does set up a heel turn for Dolph, which will be cool.
Honestly, a Dolph Ziggler heel would be much better than an AJ Styles heel.

Sorry but AJ can't play as a heel, he is like Steve Austin back in 2000, he is way too popular in the wrong way, any heelish act he does is ignored because of his wrestling ability. You could say the same for Seth Rollins but with Rollins he gets booed a lot when either in mark territory and even still, a lot Seth Rollins moments are him actually acting like a villain (same goes for Kevin Owens). AJ Styles heelish acts are very forgettable and completely ignored by his wrestling ability.
 
Sorry but AJ can't play as a heel

Don't be sorry, I agree.

Anybody get a chance to watch Talking Smack? The exchange between The Miz and Daniel Bryan was rather intense.
 
Ken
Don't be sorry, I agree.

Anybody get a chance to watch Talking Smack? The exchange between The Miz and Daniel Bryan was rather intense.
Honestly, a Dolph Ziggler heel would be much better than an AJ Styles heel.

Sorry but AJ can't play as a heel, he is like Steve Austin back in 2000, he is way too popular in the wrong way, any heelish act he does is ignored because of his wrestling ability. You could say the same for Seth Rollins but with Rollins he gets booed a lot when either in mark territory and even still, a lot Seth Rollins moments are him actually acting like a villain (same goes for Kevin Owens). AJ Styles heelish acts are very forgettable and completely ignored by his wrestling ability.
In Japan he very much could, but as has been pretty thoroughly pointed out, the Japanese and American crowds are very different.
 
The Miz and Daniel Bryan got in a very heated argument on the smack down post show with Bryan calling miz and coward and the miz going in on him so hard that he walked out. Miz said he was a coward tof accept he isn't allowed to wrestle and to not quit wwe and go back to the Indies.
 
I honestly felt that Miz's promo tonight on Talking Smack was a shoot. If it was a work, Then I give Miz my props for that promo. Shows that the man can talk if they let him have some creative freedom.
 
I honestly felt that Miz's promo tonight on Talking Smack was a shoot. If it was a work, Then I give Miz my props for that promo. Shows that the man can talk if they let him have some creative freedom.

My exact thoughts.

In Japan he very much could, but as has been pretty thoroughly pointed out, the Japanese and American crowds are very different.

As different as night and day. But, it just isn't playing out here. Smackdown's biggest heel, right now, is Baron Corbin. Del Rio is out, Styles isn't cutting it, Miz is under used, Bray gets over with the crowd just as much as AJ does, Rowan isn't used, and there's who else?
 
Ken
My exact thoughts.



As different as night and day. But, it just isn't playing out here. Smackdown's biggest heel, right now, is Baron Corbin. Del Rio is out, Styles isn't cutting it, Miz is under used, Bray gets over with the crowd just as much as AJ does, Rowan isn't used, and there's who else?
#TurnCenaHeel
 


Hopefully now Miz gets the credit he deserves. Fact is that the guy is the #1 heel on the roster since he actually has heel heat with the fans not just go away heat or worse, being the 'cool heel' that everybody cheers. Great gimmick, great promo, fantastic that he has Maryse as his valet since that's a nice easy way to get heat (that and she's stunning :lol: ) and he's technically proficient in the ring.
 
I guess you could say that bringing your wife to the ring makes you a better heel to boo for, eh...? :lol:

Also, I finally got to finish NXT Takeover II (I had stopped before the NXT Tag title match and then real life set in and prevented me from finishing the show right ahead). And well, it's worth the hype, really. In a way, with less matches on the card, said card still had more or less the same number of memorable matches as Summerslam did. Not only that, some of the title matches that Summerslam got wrong were done right by Takeover II; the Woman's match between Asuka and Bayley not only served as a great sendoff for Bay but also benefited from not having one or two injured competitors, and the NXT Title match was everything it had advertised as a main event, unlike certain other matches (cough Lesnar vs Orton cough cough).
It was a bit on the slower, more methodical side because Joe was not going full X-Division on Nakamura, but hey, he knows how to play that role. And then he got his jaw blasted for trying to put Japanese submission moves on Shinsuke (not true, but I find that idea funny :lol:).

But for me, the dark horse match was Aries vs Jose. Yeah, I thought that was rather good for an opening match, because I expected Jose to get squashed and that's it thanks for coming, but he put up a rather good fight for being the upbeat guy.

Well so Cien Almas also put up a decent fight, but he was going to fight an even bigger uphill battle versus Bobby "Glorious" Roo. Also I don't like Mr. Roo's finisher, how in the world is that Glorious? A pumphandle drop, glorious? I beg to differ, Mr. Roo... :lol:
 
Last edited:
Missed Smackdown because I forgot to record it :indiff:

But still I caught up with a few bits and pieces on YouTube, both the new titles look good, Styles v Ambrose looks promising, I like the new stage setup that WWE are using and its about time they changed it, and I don't care if the Bryan/Miz thing was a work or not because it was ****ing Brilliant!
 
WWE upload the full Smackdown episode on Youtube.... what?

EDIT: Nevermind, wasn't the real WWE Channel.
 
They showed a few highlights on separate videos on their YouTube channel, not the whole show....
 
Looks like we witnessed another Wrestlemania easter egg. According to Ryan Satin of PW Sheet, Triple H's entrance (no question the best HHH entrance since WM30 where he faced DBry and WM X-Seven where he faced American Badass Undertaker.) in WM32 featured 14 skull warriors representing HHH's 14 world title reigns in WWE. Those 14 skull warriors are NXT superstars and referees and those are

- Hideo Itami
- The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)
- Chad Gable of American Alpha
- Simon Gotch of The Vaudevillains
- Christopher Girard
- Blake and Murphy
- Enzo Amore
- Elias Samson
- Finn Balor
- NXT Referees Drake Wuertz, Shawn Bennett, and Danilo Anfibio

Even though in the past this was done before (CM Punk as a mafia gangster in Cena's WM22 entrance, Charlotte and Sasha Banks in HHH's WM30 entrance) it still surprises me considering the amount of talent (excluding the refs) are in HHH's entrance.
 
So apparently Randy Orton agreed to everything that happened at SummerSlam, the ref knew about it but the medical personnel that attended to the stricken Orton didn't, I'm really surprised that an experienced worker like Randy said yes to it and i seriously doubt he will agree to something like that ever again!
 
So apparently Randy Orton agreed to everything that happened at SummerSlam, the ref knew about it but the medical personnel that attended to the stricken Orton didn't, I'm really surprised that an experienced worker like Randy said yes to it and i seriously doubt he will agree to something like that ever again!
I find it irritating that this was a work when the whole WWE nowadays has about being concussion free. Even banning moves that were originally suitable for the PG rating because of concussion issues.
 
Back