Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,650 comments
  • 771,803 views
Eva Marie has been suspended for violating the Wellness Policy.
 
Christ how many more will there be?!, three in two days now, WWE need to look into this...
 
So the usual Undertaker return rumours are doing the rounds again and honestly, the only real basis for it is the fact he's dyed his hair black, something he apparently only does if he's returning to the ring. If these rumours are somehow proven to be true, it's believed he'll return at SummerSlam.
So I've been thinking, in the off chance this actually happens, I think Taker will interfere in the ending of Cena v Styles, costing Cena the win and setting up their inevitable match at Wrestlemania 33. And hopefully as a result, a mini feud starts (maybe a match somewhere, but don't let it end cleanly), and somewhere in October Cena is put on the shelf by Taker, giving Cena time off, probably to film something. And it sets up itself perfectly, Cena returns in a Battle Royal in January to determine who faces Taker in his last match (yes, they announce it) and wins it. Then start the intense build up between the two of them. And maybe at Mania, Cena turns heel or somewhere in the lead up to it, but yeah. It writes itself really.

It won't happen, but a bit of fantasy booking can't hurt.
 
So last year was the everyone get injured year. This year it is the everyone gets high year.

I'm excited for Summerslam, first time since 2008 my first PPV, the matches look fantastic and more important, fresh :).

I hope they reveal the Universal Championship at the PPV, I really want to know what it looks like.
 
So I've been thinking, in the off chance this actually happens, I think Taker will interfere in the ending of Cena v Styles, costing Cena the win and setting up their inevitable match at Wrestlemania 33. And hopefully as a result, a mini feud starts (maybe a match somewhere, but don't let it end cleanly), and somewhere in October Cena is put on the shelf by Taker, giving Cena time off, probably to film something. And it sets up itself perfectly, Cena returns in a Battle Royal in January to determine who faces Taker in his last match (yes, they announce it) and wins it. Then start the intense build up between the two of them. And maybe at Mania, Cena turns heel or somewhere in the lead up to it, but yeah. It writes itself really.

It won't happen, but a bit of fantasy booking can't hurt.

I like it, but just because the first match had Gallows & Anderson spiking Cena with the Magic Killer leading to the fall, I'd rather see Styles just hit the Styles Clash with a clean, undisputable finish. Oh yeah, just 1 Styles Clash. No kickouts. They've already taken what was the most dangerous move in Japan and turned it into just another signature spot.
 
A bit bored so here is the card for NXT Takeover Brooklyn II tomorrow.

Billie Kay v Ember Moon

Austin Aries v No Way Jose

Bobby Roode v Andrade 'Cien' Almas

NXT Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) v Jonny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Women's Championship
Asuka (c) v Bayley

NXT Championship
Samoa Joe (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura

Not quite as good a card as previous Takeovers but so many wrestlers have had the call up to the main roster this year, and Joe v Nakamura should be lit!.
 
I see so many people gushing over Gargano online and was just wondering, am I the only person who thinks that the talent in the team in Ciampa?

Also hoping for a Samoa Joe win, don't shoot me! :lol:
 
Let's get on track and talk about tonight. ROH: Death before Dishonor. Featuring the Jay Lethal/Adam Cole world title match, hopefully Mark Briscoe beating Bobby Fish for the TV title, and a match that could shape the future of an up-and-comer with superstar potential...

081916okada-vs-castleweb.jpg


I think that Dalton Castle has a bright future. Great look, great gimmick, fundamentally sound. However, watching him wrestle Bobby Fish at Global Wars bored me to tears. Tonight is the night where Castle can prove he belongs, but if he doesn't deliver against a beast like Okada then you immediately see a ceiling he'll never go beyond. It may very well be the biggest night and match of his career.
 
I like it, but just because the first match had Gallows & Anderson spiking Cena with the Magic Killer leading to the fall, I'd rather see Styles just hit the Styles Clash with a clean, undisputable finish. Oh yeah, just 1 Styles Clash. No kickouts. They've already taken what was the most dangerous move in Japan and turned it into just another signature spot.
I want Styles to go over clean, but Cena losing clean, whilst it's happening more often now, barely happens enough. But for the sake of a storyline, it makes sense for once. :lol: Maybe have Taker come out at the end of the match to go face to face with Cena instead? There's so many possibilities and hopefully WWE doesn't waste it.

WWE has a habit of taking dangerous moves and sanitizing them, and unfortunately the Styles Clash is one of them. But I guess still having it performed is and people kicking out is better than no Styles Clash at all.
 
Seen a view of the truncated YT videos and am I right in saying Smackdown doesn't have the traditional ringside camera anymore? I've only seen higher more steeply angles camera's at an angle to the ring.
 
I love Rey-Rey, but I can't believe this transformation. Part of me is extremely impressed, but another part of me wonders why he's ended up bigger than people like Batista. The only thing it'll do is further hinder his high-flying, which is why old-school fans like me loved the guy in the 90's. He did things we'd never seen before and proved that you didn't need to be 6'8 and 300lbs to make an impact in the business. ‪#‎KingOfLuchaLibre‬ ‪#‎KingOfMystery‬

 
Wait, that's Rey Mysterio? WHAT?!

I know, it's crazy. The guy is jacked and it is impressive, but extra weight on old knees is just going to slow him down even more.
 
Holy crap. Mysterio is just a bit bigger from way back in my childhood. :lol:

Cynic in me says PEDs are involved, not that much of a stretch considering his past problems with them.
 
Holy crap. Mysterio is just a bit bigger from way back in my childhood. :lol:

Cynic in me says PEDs are involved, not that much of a stretch considering his past problems with them.
And chances are Lucha Underground and AAA don't necessarily test for them.
 
Watching NXT preshow, will be flicking from Takeover, the Olympics and the McGregor fight a bit later on...
 
My god Takeover was awesome last night!, some great matches and what an entrance Nakamura had, it was Wrestlemania worthy!
 
Final card for tonight.

Kick-off Show

American Alpha, The Hype Bros & The Usos v The Ascension, The Vaudevillians & Breezango

Neville & Sami Zayn v The Dudley Boys

Best of Seven Series
Cesaro v Sheamus

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Enzo Amore & Big Cass v Jeri-KO

Naomi, Becky Lynch & Carmella v Natalya, Alexa Bliss & ???

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) v Gallows & Anderson

John Cena v AJ Styles

Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) v Apollo Crews

United States Championship
Rusev (c) v Roman Reigns

Randy Orton v Brock Lesnar

Women's Championship
Sasha Banks (c) v Charlotte

WWE Universal Championship
Seth Rollins v Finn Balor

WWE World Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) v Dolph Ziggler

Good looking car, will have to wait to till tomorrow afternoon to see it because of work in the morning :indiff:

 
What the f... there is never a reason why the top prize – least of all one that hasn't even been seen before – shouldn't main event a PPV.

I don't know what the WWE is doing anymore.


Holy crap! Finn won the title. I don't... I can't... The sense... Is this still WWE I'm watching?
 
Last edited:
What the f... there is never a reason why the top prize – least of all one that hasn't even been seen before – shouldn't main event a PPV.

I don't know what the WWE is doing anymore.


Holy crap! Finn won the title. I don't... I can't... The sense... Is this still WWE I'm watching?
It depends on what WWE thinks would sell more tickets. I still think Hulk Hogan vs The Rock should've main event X-8 instead Triple H and Chris Jericho.
 
Okay, that match............ Was that real?

I'm not honestly not sure if that wasn't Brock just getting pissed. That looked rather intentionally.
 
Ken
Okay, that match............ Was that real?

I'm not honestly not sure if that wasn't Brock just getting pissed. That looked rather intentionally.
People are saying it was planned with how McGregor had been bad mouthing WWE. I wouldn't believe that would be the real reason- but if it was planned, much respect to Orton.
 
but if it was planned, much respect to Orton.

I would have to agree with this. If it was planned.

But, after rewatching it several times and seeing the image of the wound, I'm convinced it wasn't. I think one of only two possibilities are logical. Scenario a has the injury as a complete mistake. A move just a little too stiff, but scripted nonetheless. Scenario B, Lesnar got pissed and snapped. Yes, scenario A is more logical. However, B isnt out of bounds of possible.
 
Ken
I would have to agree with this. If it was planned.

But, after rewatching it several times and seeing the image of the wound, I'm convinced it wasn't. I think one of only two possibilities are logical. Scenario a has the injury as a complete mistake. A move just a little too stiff, but scripted nonetheless. Scenario B, Lesnar got pissed and snapped. Yes, scenario A is more logical. However, B isnt out of bounds of possible.
I can see it being multiple ways. Either it was planned, which would explain why there were two medical members there immediately. There's almost always just one near the bell keeper. And if it were a shoot, then Shane likely wouldn't have come out. But, if it was a mistake then there had to have been a lot of coordination which is why it took longer than expected for the giant crew to come out because they likely weren't expecting it. And Brock going off isn't too unimaginable because that spike DDT he took was stiff as hell.
 
that spike DDT he took was stiff as hell.

I agree. That did look like it hurt.

I think that nobody was expecting it. Having two medical staff didn't seem immediate. Plus, he was bleeding well before they started checking on him. Also, as you said, it took a bit to get a full staff out there.

I want to believe is was a mistake. But even going with that logic, if it was, why did Lesnar keep attacking a very visibly injured opponent? One that looked legitimately knocked out seconds before. One that was gushing blood? But, Shane coming out seems scripted. It's weird no matter which way you shake it. At least it's got us all talking.

All in all, shoot or not, what a crappy way to end the show. I have to agree wholeheartedly with @Terronium-12 and say the Lesnar/Orton match shouldn't have the main event. It really should have been Rollins and Balor.
 
Last edited:
Don't mess up with Lesnar, I guess...
 
Don't mess up with Lesnar, I guess...

I think that's been apparent for a long time. I truly believe that man enjoys hurting people.
 
Back