Don't Believe Those Forza Horizon 4 Japan Rumors Quite Yet

I followed all those threads and leaks and there was nothing that said it would be set in Japan. Only that Horizon 4 would be announced at E3, which we all knew anyway.

I've probably said so earlier in this thread but, I absolutely do not want FH4 to be set in Japan if it won't have Toyota. Unless they make a surprise comeback via FREE dlc (because I don't want to buy the right to play with Toyota cars y'know)

I've probably said so earlier in this thread but, I absolutely do not want FH4 to be set in Japan if it won't have Toyota. Unless they make a surprise comeback via FREE dlc (because I don't want to buy the right to play with Toyota cars y'know)
I am expecting Toyota's decision to not allow street cars in FM7 was a one time deal, much like VW's absence from FH3. If Toyota returns to FH4, it will be as part of the base game and won't need a DLC. Granted I don't know they will be back for sure. I'm just confident they will be.

I am expecting Toyota's decision to not allow street cars in FM7 was a one time deal, much like VW's absence from FH3. If Toyota returns to FH4, it will be as part of the base game and won't need a DLC. Granted I don't know they will be back for sure. I'm just confident they will be.

If playground set the next horizon in Japan, then you would expect the likes of Toyota to be present. Much like Holden and FPV were well repesented in number 3.

After this recent leak of a bunch of iconic British cars, including the London Cab, I'm changing my location guess to the UK, as well. I'm also willing to bet Horizon 4's cover car will be the Mclaren Senna.

How cool would it be if they allowed you to go to Mclaren's technology center. Also, another thing in favor of the UK location, custom license plates. It's a feature they'll want to keep and it would be hard to do in Japan.

I think it would probably be in Devon or Cornwall.

Yeah it would be similar to horizon 3 you would think. Taking the best parts of the UK and stitching it together. Could have the west country, London, Yorkshire and bits of Wales and Scotland.

Last edited:
I'm not in anyway familiar with the UK so I don't know what areas have good driving roads, but I would love to have a proper motorway in the game again.

I think it would probably be in Devon or Cornwall.
British cars doesn't necessarily mean England. It could be Wales or Scotland, or even Ireland. And I think FH4 in Ireland would be amazing. Maybe include the Isle of Man as an expansion.

They could have an event in London called Crossrail that happens to be completely unnecessary or on called High Speed 2 where you destroy the countryside.
I'm not in anyway familiar with the UK so I don't know what areas have good driving roads, but I would love to have a proper motorway in the game again.
The Isle Of Man, the South West (Devon and Cornwall), some of Ireland, the Lake District, the Cotswolds and a bit of the South around Brighton.

Last edited:
As a Devon native and lifelong Cornwall visitor, I'd wholly support this.

Plymouth or Exeter could serve as the main city - although I'd be pretty annoyed if Plymouth was badly represented lol - and then places such as Slapton Sands for high speed runs, North Cornwall for twisty, hilly roads. Best of all, Dartmoor with narrow, off cambered tarmac.

One one hand it would be cool to see a new location and not the usual USA ( GTA...) but I don't know... For me, Forza Horizon is about sun, summer holidays and I can't say that the case of the UK. My opinion is based on prejudices. ^^

To be honest, I’d be far less keen about a UK based map than a Japan based map. The UK make for a good city section of map, and could have a Wales Rally inspired section, but I just don’t see the variety myself. Although that is also with prejudice.

Japan could have an awesome city section of the map, with some great mountain roads and enough snow. Even some beach areas.

I would rather have japan over the uk. Japan have tokyo, mount haruna, hokkaido and lots of motorways. I would to see scotland as an option as well. Been well used in the past. Faves (scotland) were that fantasy course in toca 2 and scotland in driveclub.

I'd be happy with a UK setting, especially if it's in Scotland. Would still prefer some place like South Africa over Japan.

Latest Posts

Back