Don't Believe Those Forza Horizon 4 Japan Rumors Quite Yet

Traffic cars will be referred to as Muggles, and the Horizon outposts will be called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.
A Rocket League-styled Quidditch addition to Playground Games is inevitable. Emma Watson replacing Keira on the voiceovers is another no-brainer.

Location doesn't matter to me, as long as I enjoy playing the game. UK and Japan are two good locations but Turn 10 and Playground games need to make the games more realistic and colorful, basically more content. Forza Horizon 3 was kind of dead after you completed it, so I think there should be more features that keeps the game alive.

I don't really care what side of the road is the driving side since I usually wind up weaving through traffic anyways (Why can traffic cars in any game never go decent speeds? It's like they are all driven by senior citizens). :lol:

They cancelled 4 because the Japan setting leaked. :P
I'm guessing you aren't aware but 4 is bad luck in Japanese tradition so that would actually make sense if they were not calling a Japan one 4. But I know you were just joking.

I'm guessing you aren't aware but 4 is bad luck in Japanese tradition so that would actually make sense if they were not calling a Japan one 4. But I know you were just joking.
Yes. 4 is said either yon or shi. Shi is also the word for death.

I mean, choosing an out of the box Asian location isn't out of the realm possibility when it comes to PG, but once more, I remain unconvinced until the E3 announcement actually happens.

EDIT: Though thinking about the leak of (mainly) British cars in Forza 7...if not in the UK proper, then why not in a former British colony?

Last edited:
Every single one of those pictures lacks the polish of an AAA game like FH4, the shot with the GT-R and 599 looks like a mobile game. Not saying they're totally fake, but I certainly don't think they're real.

Every single one of those pictures lacks the polish of an AAA game like FH4, the shot with the GT-R and 599 looks like a mobile game. Not saying they're totally fake, but I certainly don't think they're real.

Do you think those are supposed to be in-game? They're just early concept art, done at the beginning of development to, visually, show how an idea might look like. This kind of early concept art usually isn't high-quality.

According to the Reddit post, the images come from a verified Microsoft Studios partner, are from early 2017 and are, indeed, for a Horizon game. This isn't the first time concept art was leaked ahead of the game's reveal. It also happened with FH2, but it was concept art for a location that didn't end up getting chosen. So, this concept art, by no means, reveals the game's actual location. Just that what you see was considered and may, or may not, be the final choice.

That looks like a Mazda Furai to me.
I noticed that, too.

As concept art, it's beautiful. It's interesting to see some of the ideas that PG has for locations. I recall the concept art leak for FH2 was for Louisiana, and that would have been interesting, too. A lot of the art is done by contract artists who then put it up on their imgur or other sites as a part of their portfolio once their art is no longer useful to PG. Obviously the location of FH4 is already decided. I'm sure the location for FH5 is locked down by this point as well so they can begin on modeling all the assets and the map. So it's an almost guarantee that once location artwork leaks, it's not the location of the next game. Or the one after that.

I noticed that, too.

As concept art, it's beautiful. It's interesting to see some of the ideas that PG has for locations. I recall the concept art leak for FH2 was for Louisiana, and that would have been interesting, too. A lot of the art is done by contract artists who then put it up on their imgur or other sites as a part of their portfolio once their art is no longer useful to PG. Obviously the location of FH4 is already decided. I'm sure the location for FH5 is locked down by this point as well so they can begin on modeling all the assets and the map. So it's an almost guarantee that once location artwork leaks, it's not the location of the next game. Or the one after that.
I'm not sure it's really a leak. Apparently it's been up there for a while and nobody has noticed them until now. Surely uploading pictures like that without permission from Playground Games is breaching some sort of NDA I'm sure they would have had to have signed. I also found this picture on their Facebook page from late 2016 which definitely appears to be London. Perhaps the designers are just fans of the series and want to put their ideas onto paper. Still cool pictures to look at though regardless, although I feel unnecessary levels of hype are being generated.
forza picture.jpg

I'm not sure it's really a leak. Apparently it's been up there for a while and nobody has noticed them until now. Surely uploading pictures like that without permission from Playground Games is breaching some sort of NDA I'm sure they would have had to have signed.

Who's to say this wasnt done by T10/PG? Further they may even see this is fodder slash FUD for the masses.

Let us throw out this McGuffin so they got something to talk about while we work on the real location... they'll be even more surprised once revealed.

Who's to say this wasnt done by T10/PG? Further they may even see this is fodder slash FUD for the masses.

Let us throw out this McGuffin so they got something to talk about while we work on the real location... they'll be even more surprised once revealed.
I think PG has their own concept artist who seems to be doing a pretty good job, although I feel these pictures might be for an even earlier Forza Horizon due to the old logo used. It would also explain why they’ve managed to upload the photos to their portfolio without any repercussions.
http://escapethelevel.com/art/forza-horizon-concept-art-michael-richards-149/

Back