Download vs. Blu-Ray: The Official Poll

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 95 comments

Which version of the game will you buy / have you bought?

• Total voters

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
If you have purchased the game in Europe, what medium did you choose: PSN download or Blu-Ray disc? If you're in north America, which edition do you intend to purchase when the it is released on April 17?

Purchased the blu-ray disc (Did the same for the japanese version aswell)

:)

Blu ray disc as you can physically carry the disc instead of the whole ps3 to your friends house to play at parties =)

The physical blu-ray disc, if the hard drive buggars up then at least you can reinstall it again with it rather than having to redownload everything.

Blu-Ray for me, always enjoyed the cases and having them on display.

Plus, I somehow take comfort in the fact that it's something physical. Not to mention that with the disc, you can take it for example to a friend's house to play the game on his console.

I'll get it in Blu-Ray so I can trade in some used games towards it.

Blu-Ray all the way!

Mine has been pre-ordered for a while.

Call me crazy, but I like to have something tangible when I pay money for a game. Not just data on my HDD.

;)

blu-ray ftw! Adds to my library of movies and games, will become an artifact in the future, and just having a hard copy of it feels better.

Blu-Ray all the way!

Call me crazy, but I like to have something tangible when I pay money for a game. Not just data on my HDD.

;)

Crazy? You're normal for thinking that. As consumers I think we tend to want to be able to buy something tangible!

I bought the PSN version, I'm really running out of room for yet more disc cases. Plus I don't have to switch the discs if I want to play something different, its just there.

The Blu-Ray and the download is the same, right? I don't have a good enough connection to download the game, so i'd go for the disc if i had a ps3.

All about the BD.

As Beerz and a few others said, there's just something nice about having a disc in your collection!

Plus it means you get Behind the apex too!

I bought the PS3 starterpack which includes GT5:P :)

ps3bundle.jpg

I had the jpn version on Blue-Ray and my girlfriend kept taking it out and putting Ratchet and Clank in there. I found this so irritating that i bought the UK PSN version which i love coz it's always in there ready to play.

If you take the blue-Ray to a mates house he still has to do the update, tell him to buy his own its only £25.

If your hard drive buggers up you can sign in and download it again.

my girlfriend kept taking it out and putting Ratchet and Clank in there.
I do not allow my GF to touch disks (so that I have everithing in its place), console (so that I am sure she won't scratch that removing dust) and G25 (though she bought one for my last birthday).

BD for me.

I chose the disc version, with a 1mb broadband it wasnt much of a choice, it could have taken 7-8hours to download.

PS3-Bundle with the Blue-Ray-Disk.

My only reason to buy the Playstation (like i already did with first GT and the PSX and with GT3 and PS2)

:-)

Bought the BR Disk, I'm used to buy downloadable games but they normaly are cheaper than the Disk ones, plus I bought PS3+GT5:P

Download for me. cudnt give a fiddlers about having the disc for it but i will potentially buy both with GT5 is released. It was handy for me to download cos i did it late at night and wanted to play ASAP!!

I do see the valid points in having a tangible backup though.

PSN Price was pretty disgraceful really, 24.99! whats that all about, no packaging, no middle man it has to be a least a fiver less (than the high street shop price) to be worth downloading. With the disc you can always sell it on when you are done with it.

Back