Download vs. Blu-Ray: The Official Poll

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 95 comments

Which version of the game will you buy / have you bought?

• Total voters
Awesome i wonder if that's out in Australia yet.

We have it in stock at harvey norman.

$675 for the bundle or if you want COD4 with it as well, $748.

i bought the Disc, always will if i have the choice.

Bought the Japanese Blu-Ray and now the PAL Blu-Ray (only cost me £17.99). Will also buy the American Blu-Ray.

I'd buy the cheaper 1, I like the idea about not changing disks and not having 1 to scratch (and i never put them in the right box)
But how can they charge more for a download than the game. thats just greedy

Blue ray disc, at least it gives my missus the chance to throw the disc case at me because i have'nt done the washing up again. I keep telling her that i will get round to it once i've got the Ferrari race car. The case hurts my head a bit but i suppose its nearly as good as counselling for her indoors!!

Blu ray disc as you can physically carry the disc instead of the whole ps3 to your friends house to play at parties =)

Hmmm, and wait for the install time + the update download and install time...not likely...invite friends around to your place!

Blu-ray for me. I like the feeling of having something in my hands. Also if something happens, its a good quick backup.

I'm totally surprised so many of you are buying the disk. Maybe I'm just the old codger around here but I have three little boys and I spend half my waking hours searching for where their latest hiding place is for my GT-4 disk (and every other DVD we own).

PSN download all the way for me. The convenience of being able to play without putting a disk in the machine is worth forgoing the fancy brochure/packaging.

Blu Ray, same reasons as everyone, having it physically. Its also a nice feeling holding a game box that says "Gran Turismo 5" on the front of it.

I'm really crossing my fingers for a GT5P Starter Bundle (PS3+game) deal in North America, one of the main reasons for me holding off is to see when they will include the dualshock3 controller instead of the sixaxis!! Ideally, they'll pump out a GT5P bundle that has the game, PS3 and dualshock3 controller. And maybe Costco will have a bundle that even includes an extra controller...BONUS!

I will get the US blu-ray version(My bro preordered it).

And I would have a disk than a virtual game data.

So this thread makes me assume if they sold 1,375,000 units for bluray in the first 2 days, if 10% of everyone buying prologue is buying the download, then they will have sold about 137,500 by download, making for rougly 1.5 mil sold first 2 days.....roughly....not bad for a little sampler. :) Can't imagine how GT5 will go over.

It would seem like Sony would combine those sale numbers (for BD and download) just to keep investors happy and make themselves look good to potential investors as well. Considering all this they should go on ahead and make it a greatest hit so that it will be $20 when it hits our shores! :P (like that will ever happen!)

i read about problems with the PAL download version.
  • Offline playing isn't possible!
  • You cannot share the PAL version.

can anyone confirm this?
i have the JPN download version and things above are working. :dunce:

I'll probably buy the Blu-Ray version if I can get it the day of release. Otherwise I'll get the download and watch the movie somewhere else.

But, I have a quick question:

Does anyone know if the downloaded version loads faster? If the Blu-Ray version is like most PS3 games, then it will load data directly from the DVD each time. The download however will be 100% on the hard drive, which should in theory make it faster. Anyone here tested this?

BD for me. I preordered from Best Buy.

Does anyone know if the downloaded version loads faster? If the Blu-Ray version is like most PS3 games, then it will load data directly from the DVD each time. The download however will be 100% on the hard drive, which should in theory make it faster. Anyone here tested this?
The disc version installs the files to your hard drive to avoid this.

BRD, IF the HDD in the PS3 crashes :ill: I wont have to buy the game again 👍

AMG.

Back