Dream TheaterMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mopar Muscle
  • 16 comments
  • 1,037 views
Messages
732
Anybody listen to Dream Theater? The music is intense, they have a sortof metal sound, ten minute songs and blazing guitar solos. One of my favorite drummers, Mike Portnoy, is also in this band.

Check them out.
 
I used to listen to Dream Theater alot. My favourite was "Glass Prison" I belive it was called.. Good band. 👍
 
As Mista Y puts it, they are the Lemans 24hr of bands. 👍

Dream Theater rocks my socks.
 
Originally posted by Shannon
As Mista Y puts it, they are the Lemans 24hr of bands. 👍

Dream Theater rocks my socks.

tup

I just got around to listening to the first cd of six degrees of inner turbulence. Great stuff.
 
I like them a lot. I've got two of their albums; top-notch band.

👍
 
I want to get the official live recording of the show they did in Barcelona where they covered the entire Metallica - Master of Puppets album. It's only available online and they're out of stock though. :grumpy:
 
bugger, that would be quite a good listen 👍

To hear DT's version of 'puppets and orion, sweeet
 
Originally posted by Bollocks#999
bugger, that would be quite a good listen 👍

To hear DT's version of 'puppets and orion, sweeet
Well, you could just download them. But chances are you'll get a crappy bootleg which sounds like ****.
 
A bunch of my friends are huge Dream Theator fans. They've seen a few concerts - say they are amazing live.
 
Tell them I said they are all bastards :D

Ive said it before and I'll say it again, I wish they would come over here
 
they're excellent, i went to see them in Glasgow a few years back...they did no less that SIX Rush covers during the set....not that i am complaining...i love both bands...very talented.
 
Thanks for the reccomendation. I finally found another band that sounds as good as Symphony X 👍.

I've also found Rhapsody - similar style and they're not half bad
 
Dream Theater is too technical for my taste. I like music with a lot of emotion.
 
Originally posted by Mopar Muscle
Anybody listen to Dream Theater? The music is intense, they have a sortof metal sound, ten minute songs and blazing guitar solos. One of my favorite drummers, Mike Portnoy, is also in this band.

Check them out.

Images and Words made me a fan.
 
Originally posted by Taowulf
Images and Words made me a fan.

Thats the album that started me off
 
Back