Drift comp

• Thread starter fastfox400
  • 133 comments
United States
Say What Again, I dare you!
Fastfox400
I'm organizing a drift comp. Looking for 16 individuals or even a 2vs2 team comp depending on number of entries. The number of entry's will determine the number of rooms I will create. The whole idea is to have smaller rooms to help reduce the lag in a particular room. Currently for a 16 man field, I have enough bipartisan judges to cover 2 rooms.

Qaulifying: December 2 8:30pm EST/GMT-5

Date & Time: December 3 5:00pm EST/ GMT -5

Course: Autumn Ring Mini Reverse

Course Layout: Actually comp section is between the green lines. Start will begin at the start finish line.

180px-Autumn_Ring_Mini_Forward.png

Practice: This should be a familar track for everyone. There will be a practice session for 30 minutes prior to the event start. Racers will have 2 minutes to exit the track after the practice session is over.

Judging: Will be based off a D1 100 point system.
Angle-25 points
Line-25 points
Speed-20 points
Overall-30 points

Rules:

The tires being used will be comfort hards only. The HP limit is 550. Lower HP cars will get first option to lead or chase first.

Lag: If at any point during a run a racer lags out and gets kicked from the room they will have 3 minutes to get back on track or it will result in a DQ and their opponent will advance.

Rooms:
There is going to be 1 room for the competition. Everyone will be staged in a text chat, and will be notified.

If you are entering Please post in the thread in this format for ease of editing the original post.

Member Name-EST HP

Entries:
1. Fastfox400 - 425hp
2. GT_Drop5 - 550hp
3. Monstergauz - 500hp
4. Mopar-383 - 450hp
5. GTDS-Maveric - 530hp
6. VelineonVXL - 550hp
7. Redsuns_Majisto - 460hp
8. sLiCk-94 - 430HP
9. K1ngKlicK - 530hp
10. The86d - 515hp
11. fcpmarcus - 525hp
12. Powellx234- 550hp
13. gojiraD1- 515hp
14. The_KingB_-500hp
15. TwistnItSideways- 550hp
16. hamtidamti007 - 550hp
17. Zedfonsie - 530hp
18. KYOKI-Asator - 485HP
19. RedSuns-Ant - 540 hp
20. MLD_DriftMonkey - 550hp
21. Funky__Fox - 550hp
22. Prodigy-Toretto - 505hp
23. Megamarcx84 - 505hp
24. Thecla246 - 550hp
25. TeamBlitz-TD -550hp
26. Renegade_Phildo - 550hp
27. MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD - 460hp
28. ABIOTIC91 - 500hp
29. LR-L2L-xDriftzz - 550hp

COMP INFORMATION
Everyone will have to be in the room and ready by 4:30 pm EST/GMT -5.

If any thing seems unreasonable or unrealistic please just let me know, and we will compromise accordingly. This goes for all entries. If you are having connection uses before hand please let me know through a message, and try resetting the console. I know there have been issue with PSN servers as I saw last night in a private lounge. So please enter the track with the car you plan in racing to help relieve some of the strain on the refreshing of the room.

Also the HP limit will be regulated in the room. You change you hp level at anytime prior to race day. SO if you entered with a 550hp car and decide to use something with 500 or whatever you can change it just edit your post, or send me a message and I will change it.

There also will be match for the losers of the semi-final round for 3rd place.

Updated: Competition Format
This is going to be a top 16 comp. There will be a qualifying session prior to racing. Racers will get 2 runs to qualify. Your qualifying score will then be used for the seeding of the brackets. This is the fairest way to establish a bracket. All entry's will be notified thru a text chat.

The qualifying session is being held before the event to keep the actual comp from being extremely long and drawn out. After you have qualified you can leave and go about what ever. Until then please remain quickly available. So there is no extreme waiting between runs. To make everything easier everyone will be judged according to the entry list.

During the competition I need everyone to stay in the text chat as this is the quickest way to communicate who needs to be on track.

Here is how you qualifying score is determined
The sum of the score from the 3 judges will be added up and divided by three. The best overall score will be used for the seeding of the brackets.

Example:
90+93+91=274
274/3=91.3

91.3 would be the score used.

I will FR all the competitors the friday before the comp. That way I can invite everyone to the text chat along with it will allow the competitors to get in to the room thru the community icon.

Furthermore If you didnot post your entry using your PSN screen name please do so as it will take less time for to send friend requests..

Future Comps:
I will be host monthly or biweekly comps depending on the outcome of the first comp. The individual comps will be themed occasionally. The team comps will be run just like every other 3vs3 or 5vs5 comps I have witnessed.

Thanks to all participants, With out you all this would be none existent.

Judges:

I need some non biased judging. If you receive a message from me over PSN to judge please let me know as soon as possible.

Round 1 Brackets:

* means choice on lead or follow on first run. Those who dont a *, The higher seed will have choice to lead or follow first.

1. DoriUnion vs. 16. Kyoki-Asator*
8. Fastfox400* vs. 9. Abiotic91
4. LR-L2L-xDriftzz vs. 13. Corruption
5. Slick-94 vs. 12. MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD*
2. Twistnitsideways vs. 15. Renegade phildo
7. The86d* vs. 10. Redsuns-RB
3. Mopar-383* vs. 14. Thecla246
6. Zedfonsie vs. 11. Saintsrow1996*

Last edited:
We're doing the entire track? Interesting... :nervous:

Ah what the hell, count me in.

K1ngKlicK - 529hp

K1ngKlicK
We're doing the entire track? Interesting... :nervous:

Ah what the hell, count me in.

K1ngKlicK - 529hp

Check the OP he marked the start and end in green. Should be fun!

Last edited:
i would like to enter this competition.

EDIT: 515hp.

count me in please.

thanks.

Last edited:
lol. i was putting my password wrong when i was getting on gtp,i had to wait 15 minutes until i was able to sign in. i tough i was gonna losse the slot:scared:, is there gonna be practice rooms?

lol. i was putting my password wrong when i was getting on gtp,i had to wait 15 minutes until i was able to sign in. i tough i was gonna losse the slot:scared:, is there gonna be practice rooms?

Yes. I posted the course and the layout so everyone can practice before hand to find the best line and best car to suit there needs. On race day both rooms will be open at 4:00pm EST and practice will be till 4:30.

Here is how its going to work. There will be two rooms open with 8 racers and 3 judges in each. After Rd 1 is over, everyone will converse into 1 room. At that point there will be 3 judges and 8 racers.

I have seen this setup with very little to non existent lag. I will be hosting both rooms. I have 2 tv's and several ps3's to use to set this up correctly and still being able to communicate between both rooms.

As of now the slots are full. As time get closer please let me know if you are not going to be able to make so I can fill the slots.

As of the now the First round bracket is posted along with what room you will be in the first round.

Last edited:
I completely forgot about this. OP updates with time zone.

BTW this is Eastern Time. or GMT-5:

thank you. i anticipate a good outcome w/ all those that have signed up already.

this should be a fun event as long as it stays organized.

thanks in advance for doing this event.

Hopefully it will be organized very well. I will be hosting 2 rooms. So I will have 2 TV's and 2 PS3's setup.

I appreciate it.

Brackets are now up.

Back