Drift Photos [THUMBNAILS ONLY]

• Thread starter Gen.
  • 2,066 comments
FOR THE LOVE OF NISMO, DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW TO ARGUE???

Without documented fact you prove NOTHING. Google is your friend - please use it.

Check this link HERE for Sileighty information.

When Nissan had several FR turbo powered cars such as the Silvia and the 180SX, 180SX drivers bought them for drifting. However when learning to drift through the touge (Pronounced "Toe-Gay"), accidents do happen resulting in damaged front ends. The front end parts of Silvias were less expensive than the 180SX with pop up lights, and sharing the same platform the parts bolted on without many complicated steps. Nissan realised this trend, and built a 180sx with a Silvia front end. Literally a SILvia oneEIGHTY. Nissan kept production of the SilEighty low key owing to it's street racing roots and took the press by suprise when it was launched in mid 1994. It is said that just 400 SilEighty's were built.

To separate the SilEighty from the botch jobs made at home Nissan added 24bhp through hotter cams and ecu tweeks. The suspension was modified, resulting in a very hard rear setup to snap oversteer to enable drifting through series of tight turns. The rarity value of a Drift car from the factory, and the Initial D series hightening awareness, ensure the SilEighty carries a premium selling for around the same price as an R32 Skyline GTR.

Another variation on the Silvia platform was the Onevia, with the 180sx front end and Siliva rear.

Now can we please stop bickering and get back to the topic at hand?

Just got my new Sileighty, quite ironically...

uglyDRIFT
Nissan had absolutely no part in the producing or making of Sileightys..... it started as a "custom" job made by enthusiasts when they wrecked the front end of their 180.... and since the 180sx and the Silvia S13 are the same chassis... they decided what the hell... i can just put a silvia front end on my 180sx.... then the SILEIGHTY was born..... not in the nissan factory.....

I never said thats how they ORIGINATED, I know thats the way but Nissan did produce them as said by the person above me.

Where do I find the Sil-Eighty in the game? i can't find it anywhere.

ok ok after this one last comment... im done with the Sileighty arguement... the shop that planned and sold the Sileightys was called kids heart. there was a limited 500 sold.... nissan did have some part in the production of the Sileighty.... but there have not been any parts numbers or anything of the sort as proof... so yes...some nissan has some part to play in the Sileighty... but it was an enthusiast born machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....at least i knew i had my facts right about people wrecking their 180sx and replacing the front with a silvia front end... =P

dont u just love nissan people?? haha

oh yeah.....and you can win the sileighty in the Silvia sisters race.... which is a one make race when you go to "Japan"

Could we please stop discussing the Sileighty. If you wish to continue I suggest you start a thread in the automotive forums.

:edit: im gonna have to reupload the pics. the

More pics, Nissan Bluebird, still needs a brake balance controller to be perfect but this setup was damn close, extremely easy to drift controllably cause its so slow :D
IMG0012.jpg

IMG0010.jpg

SC 300, still having a little trouble w/ it, seems to want to understeer sometimes of the time but its pretty controllable in a slide now.
IMG0016.jpg

IMG0006.jpg

Hey Ten, its like the evil twin of your Sileighty! same rims and a body colored spoiler. BTW i have pretty much the same skyline in your sig, had the same rims at first, now i have those rims on my Trueno SS version.

The man has started a trend, I suppose. Though I must admit I got my inspiration from that crazy Cap driver in Initial D 4th Stage. 👍

some pics of my Evo MR and D1 FC sorry for the bad quality i had to use digi cam
instead of flash drive.

Attachments

• CIMG0424.JPG
    CIMG0424.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 20
  • CIMG0427.JPG
    CIMG0427.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 14
  • CIMG0429.JPG
    CIMG0429.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 12
  • CIMG0430.JPG
    CIMG0430.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 14
  • CIMG0431.JPG
    CIMG0431.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 20
Finally manage to do some drift last night and practice on Midfield course

This is what I did on Tom's Chaser ... I didn't alter any setting for this car as I did this in Time Trial mode, I only increase the car's hp but didnt' do any suspension setting, but this car handles pretty good. Easy to control when drifting.

Attachments

• 6376.jpeg
    6376.jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 33
  • f522.jpeg
    f522.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 23
Still working on my technique and setting the car up, but not too bad for a beginner...

Attachments

• oldschooline1.JPG
    oldschooline1.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 34
  • oldschooline2.JPG
    oldschooline2.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 28
  • oldschooline4.JPG
    oldschooline4.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 25
looks great man, those old school cars are really fun and easy to drift. I almost have my Nissan Bluebird SSS setup finished, it will be posted in the drift settings forum.

my project tonight?
Dodge Charger...orange...dirt tracks...Dukes of Hazzard anyone? lol

Hey guys, not the best drift but given the circumstances it was good, i have more but the replay messed up, ill try getting shots later.
lenodrift4lk.gif

let me know what you all think

Back