Drift Settings Depot

please dont double post. its called spamming. well the main post isnt getting updated cuz Frustrated Palm hasnt been here in a while. if u dont believe me here is his status.Last Activity: 03-13-04 8:55 AM

undefined
This is the specifications I have found through a couple hours of testing this rx-7's suspension from every aspect. Although this is my 1st post i have been drifting for over a year, but i just found this site, so i encourage you to try my specs, I will post some of my other specs. (next to come- C-west/Razo silvia, Tom's X540 chaser, and miata 1.5)

RX-7 infinite 415 hp

Buy all the highest performance parts you can (turbo, exhaust, port and polish, etc...) Also buy a fully customizable suspension, sports brakes, and a brake controller.

SUSPENSION
(all values that aren't included are remain stock)

Front/Rear

Springs- 3.5/3.5
Ride height- 99/99
Camber- 3.0/1.0
Toe- 2.0/-1.0
Stabilizers- 6/6
Brakes- 9/24

DRIVETRAIN-
You will need a fully custumizable transmission, and LSD, as well as a lightweight fly wheel, double plate clutch, and light weight driveshaft.

Transmission Specs-(you will spend most of your time drifting in 3rd gear)

Transmission level 33

LSD- Initial=5
Accel=5
Deccel=5

For Tires nothing special: but i recommend a T-8 tire up front and a medium or medium soft pair out back, you can even try a T-3 if you like just what ever you style of drifting is. Thanks for checking out my specs, more soon to come

P.S. NICE VIDEOS GUYS THOSE ARE TIGHT AS HELL, maybe i will post one soon.

Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero 520+ HP
(since im kinda new to gt3 drifting, this is basically my 1st real try at making my own drifter and its turned out really good so far, i will update when i come up with new things that work better)

Get all of the best parts you can buy

Settings:
spring rate- 4/4
ride height- low as it goes...will update with number
shock bound- 7/7
shock rebound- 7/7
camber angle- 3.0/1.0
toe angle- 2/2
stabilizers- 6/6
brake balance- 10/24
gear ratio- auto set 28? will update
lsd initial- 10
lsd accel- 10
lsd decel- 10

asm-0
tcs-0

front tires- t8 or for the experts sims
rear tires- t5 or again sims
been testing many tire combinations so far this is the best...with the t8/t5 u can really throw the car into the turn and pull off a really nice drift

i do, i practice using both setups...depending on how i wanna do while i practice...either
1. use the sims and get pissed cuz im doin a real sweet drift and somehow screw it up or
2. use the t8/t5 setup and have better control and have a better day lol

satans_agent
i do, i practice using both setups...depending on how i wanna do while i practice...either
1. use the sims and get pissed cuz im doin a real sweet drift and somehow screw it up or
2. use the t8/t5 setup and have better control and have a better day lol

Using the sims will teach you better control.... Using the mixed tire setup is hindering your progress.... I know it's harder (at first) but it is necessary....

Mixing tires is a crutch and a bad habit.... Learn how to tune, instead of counteracting the problem with tire combos....

spring rate- 4/4
ride height- low as it goes...will update with number

Those spring rates are way too low, and do nothing to limit body roll..... This problem is accentuated by lowering the car all the way (never a good idea), which causes it to bottom out.... Try something more like:

SS - 11/8, or 12/9 (front springs should be stiffer than rear)
Medium Ride height (don't lower it much (install full suspension and leave it IMO)

toe angle- 2/2
stabilizers- 6/6

That toe angle is quite unecessary.... You really don't need any toe angle, unless the car has trouble understeering/oversteering, and even then, you don't need so much on the front and back..... Also, the stabilizers are too high (for a drift car), and can make the car jumpy (jittery) mid drift, or when linking turns (transfering weight).... I very seldom use anything but 1/1......

lsd initial- 10
lsd accel- 10
lsd decel- 10

A higher setting all around might make the car easier to control, and make initiating/controlling the drift much smoother..... That low setting will make the wheels regain traction to ubruptly.....

300hp to 400hp is plenty sufficient for the S15 (on sims)..... 520hp, you could use normals or sports all around (or super slicks, slicks)....

;)

thanks man, like i said tho, this is my 1st own drift car and have been testing it a lot lately and thats the setup i have so far....i was just plannin on movin the spring rate and changin the ride height today. also with the lsd, i did notice i tended to gain traction a little sooner than i had hoped. thanks for the help silviadrifter, i appreciate it!

hey guys, i wanted some help with my settings. i want to know some errors with my settings. and any comments to improve them or adjusments.

ok here it is:

Mazda Rx-7 ( FD3s) RS 496 hp.

Parts:
Full Suspension
Sport Brakes
Muffler:Racing
Computer:Sport
Turbo: Stage 2
Intercooler: Racing
Transmission: Semi-Racing
Clutch: Triple Plate
Flywheel: Racing
Limited Slip Diff: 1.5
Driveshaft:Carbon
Lightweight: Stage 3

Tires: Simulation

Settings:

Spring Rate: 11.5/7.4
Ride Height: 89/89
Shockbound:7/7
Shockrebound:7/7
Camber:4.0/2.0
Toe Angle:2.0/-2.0
Stabalizer: 6/6

Brake:13/13
Tcs:0
Asm:0

no gear ratio since its Semi Racing trans.

thnx in advance for comments and adjusments!

maybe u could try dropping ur camber 1.0 front and rear, lowering ur stabalizers, and lower your front brake balance and raise the rear...try that and see if it helps....also mess around with different toe angles, i dunno if u need that much.

lethalAE86typeR
hey guys, i wanted some help with my settings. i want to know some errors with my settings. and any comments to improve them or adjusments.

ok here it is:

Mazda Rx-7 ( FD3s) RS 496 hp.

Parts:
Full Suspension
Sport Brakes
Muffler:Racing
Computer:Sport
Turbo: Stage 2
Intercooler: Racing
Transmission: Semi-Racing
Clutch: Triple Plate
Flywheel: Racing
Limited Slip Diff: 1.5
Driveshaft:Carbon
Lightweight: Stage 3

Tires: Simulation

Settings:

Spring Rate: 11.5/7.4
Ride Height: 89/89
Shockbound:7/7
Shockrebound:7/7
Camber:4.0/2.0
Toe Angle:2.0/-2.0
Stabalizer: 6/6

Brake:13/13
Tcs:0
Asm:0

no gear ratio since its Semi Racing trans.

thnx in advance for comments and adjusments!

The camber, spring rates, shock bound and rebound are just fine.... Your toe angle is not necessary.... try puting that to 0.0 front and back.... Also, your stabilizer settings are way too stiff.... I usually use between a 1/1 and 2/2 setting....

You could set the brakes to 13/24 (or something similar), but that's more preference...

It looks like you lowered the car all the way, which can cause the car to bottom out.... Try a medium setting (full suspension, and then maybe lower it just a tad)....

Definitely install a full racing transmission, and a full LSD.... There is no reason not to.... You might not know how to adjust it yet, but it is something you are going to have to learn, if you want to improve much IMHO.....

;)

Lancer Evo VII
367HP
parts:
Fully Custom Suspesion
Sports Brakes
Brake Balance controller
Sports Chip
Port Polish
Full Engine Balance
Racing Intercooler
Full Racing Transmission
Triple Clutch
Racing Flywheel
AYC Controller
Carbon Drive shaft
VCD Controller
Best LSD
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Super Soft Tires

Spring Rate 8/4
Ride Height 100/100
Shock Bound 4/4
Shock Rebound 6/6
Camber 0/0
Toe 0/0
Stabilizers 2/5
Brake Balance 11/11
LSD:
Initial 11
Accel 50
Deccel 15
Auto set gears at 24
Downforce .19/.25
AYC 85
VCD 25
TCS/ASM 0

C4 :sly: (Shadow Drifter's)
Play with the camber if you want...

Front Springs: 15.3
Rear Springs: 17.2
Front Ride Height: 94mm
Rear Ride Height: 101mm
Front Shock Bound: 6
Rear Shock Bound: 8
Front Shock Rebound: 7
Rear Shock Rebound: 6
Front Camber: 4*
Raer Camber: 2*
Front Toe: -0.5*
Rear Toe: 0.5*
Front Stabilizer: 4
Rear Stabilizer: 6

ok this is my first post, but i have been drifting for awhile and i saw no one could get a good drift setup for teh Miata MX-5(J) (the first one, of the four) So i found Sheron's Alfa setup and i based my setup pretty much off of that. I have found it works pretty well, but thats just for me :scared:

Mazda Miata MX-5 330hp(kept it N/A)

Buy:

All you can.

Settings:

Spring Rate: 10/12
Ride Height: 92/92
Shock Bound: 7/7
Shock Rebound: 7/7
Camber Angle: 3.0/1.0
Toe Angle: 2.0/-2.0
Stabilizers: 1/1
Brake Balance: 24/4