Drift Stage

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 423 comments
59182925e34adcce8d7f4b0fb1f32535_large.gif

So much yeeesss. Going to support this.

Niku Driver HC
Also, please watch the new Kickstarter trailer. Watch it to the end, because there's one thing you need to hear (even if it only lasts a few seconds)...

1398085769714.jpg

And did someone say "touge track"? :odd:

:lol: What a tease.

:lol: What a tease.

Who, me or the game producers? :lol:

Or even Myrone himself, he even asked on his Twitter page which song did we like the most in the trailer.

I gave him the proper answer:

Niku said on Twitter:
I'd say there was only one song there, but after seeing it to the end... Let's just say I'd love to hear the second one more.
:lol:

He would go on to RT and add a star to my sentence, that's how you know he's that kind of good guy. 👍

The game producers. Those last seconds really get the hype up.

And so did the Kickstart backers; already $6,408 were amassed towards the $30,000 goal.

But yeah, Myrone does not help that there is even more hype (for that last part). He said, and I quote, that "the rest of it is pretty freaking sweet TBH".

Edit: 151 backers and counting! The number now stands at $6,545.

I love that they included the Dome Zero to the game. I always thought it was a strange car, but it was kinda nice in GT5.

I've never spent $70 on a game, but I kinda want to, just because the devs seem like nice people and this game looks so epic. I just need my own computer. Oh well.

Also, does anyone remember how Smosh wanted $250,000 to make a stupid iPhone game, yet these devs are only asking $30,000 for a game that's much bigger?

I love that they included the Dome Zero to the game. I always thought it was a strange car, but it was kinda nice in GT5.

I've never spent $70 on a game, but I kinda want to, just because the devs seem like nice people and this game looks so epic. I just need my own computer. Oh well.

Also, does anyone remember how Smosh wanted $250,000 to make a stupid iPhone game, yet these devs are only asking $30,000 for a game that's much bigger?

Guess they really wanted a wide scope of cars for the game. Can't blame them, variety is the spice of life after all.

If I could do it right now, I'd also pay them $70. Just as I would do the same with Bugbear, these devs are at least honest from day one and even provided the players with a alpha demo before starting the campaign. That shows they care, a lot. They want you to see and play the game, not just make empty promises based on nothing.

Because Smosh is a bloody git? What kind of mobile game could cost 250 thousand f-ing dollars to make!? Drift Stage is a multi-platform game and doesn't even ask half of that!

damn, 85$ is a lot for the tee :(

Anyone can explain to me what that "VINYL STICKER SHEET" exactly is?

I'll take the soundtrack-including reward.

30.000$ is an easy goal, tho. I think it will be reached :)

Been enjoying the alpha for a few days. As others have said, needs a pad rather than a keyboard (I only have the latter) but lots of potential.

Took a few screenshots:

10620764_10101029054044853_4926715017045106804_n.jpg

10923604_10101029054374193_1843998137174318790_n.jpg

Been exchanging emails with the artist and was warned there were still a few bugs, naturally. I managed to find one:

10906551_10101029054528883_4895681034118007065_n.jpg

Looking forward to playing more though.

Been enjoying the alpha for a few days. As others have said, needs a pad rather than a keyboard (I only have the latter) but lots of potential.

Took a few screenshots:

Been exchanging emails with the artist and was warned there were still a few bugs, naturally. I managed to find one:

Good screenshots. I'm still amazed that I haven't caught one single bug so far, I've seen many pictures of bugs (including yours), but I've yet to see one in person while playing the game. Lucky?

Anywho, I'd like to see the keyboard controls tweaked at some point, the game should be acessible to all sorts of players, including those without game pads.

The bug happened when I accidentally slammed into a barrier repeated times. The car sort of flew around upside down for a while, then righted itself but continued flying clear of the circuit. Totally forgiveable given such an early stage of development.

The bug happened when I accidentally slammed into a barrier repeated times. The car sort of flew around upside down for a while, then righted itself but continued flying clear of the circuit. Totally forgiveable given such an early stage of development.

Of course, it's still an Alpha level product after all. Guess I need to hit the barriers more to actually see a bug. :lol:

Jokes aside, it is a good game, and it's not just because of its looks. It feels like a properly sorted out game, you know? And these types of games should be fun, and this is incredibly fun. So far it has amassed almost $10,000 on its Kickstarter campaign, hope to see it go all the way.

The randomly-generated track feature takes this to another level, and I'm glad to see additional aesthetics in terms of scenery. Plus original eurobeat?

I went back into the demo with my RumblePad 2 -- while crude, the drift mechanic is certainly effective once you get used to it, and it's a good fit for the track design. I'm totally into this now. :D

The randomly-generated track feature takes this to another level, and I'm glad to see additional aesthetics in terms of scenery. Plus original eurobeat?

I went back into the demo with my RumblePad 2 -- while crude, the drift mechanic is certainly effective once you get used to it, and it's a good fit for the track design. I'm totally into this now. :D

Indeed, original Eurobeat track by Hugh Myrone. You can tell the soundtrack is a fine piece of work... :drool:

The drift mechanics are basic by design, but of course they need to be mastered properly to defeat other rivals. Facing off against the Expert level ghost is one hard task if you haven't mastered the mechanics.

I really hope this game has lots of mod support. I'm sure the devs will add more cars and tracks in the future, but people will always want to make things and personalize their games.

I really hope this game has lots of mod support. I'm sure the devs will add more cars and tracks in the future, but people will always want to make things and personalize their games.

It'll be tricky to implement that into the game, but I understand your point. The game will already include the possibility to add decals to the cars and create tracks, but a few more options wouldn't hurt.

I think they maybe didn't made a pledge 1000$ and create a car because of mod-support? Who knows?

Anyway, I'm a bit confused why there are no physical versions of the game or the soundtrack as rewards or something between 70 and 500$. But quite impressive that all 5 500$-rewards are gone. Hopefully they'll add some more big rewards which might lead "richer people" to pledging more :D

I think they maybe didn't made a pledge 1000$ and create a car because of mod-support? Who knows?

Anyway, I'm a bit confused why there are no physical versions of the game or the soundtrack as rewards or something between 70 and 500$. But quite impressive that all 5 500$-rewards are gone. Hopefully they'll add some more big rewards which might lead "richer people" to pledging more :D

Maybe, perhaps they are considering that possibility.

As for the physical version issue, I'd say that they are betting more on the digital side of things because it's easier and slightly cheaper than creating psysical versions of the game. After all, more and more people are buying games in digital form, so it would make sense to bet on that area first. Perhaps in the future they might consider a physical version, but we'll have to wait and see. And yes, the fact that all the big pledges are gone is a great sign of progress, the game is already on the 12,000 dollar mark funding-wise.

Decided to check out Myrone's Soundcloud. To say that he's talented is a massive understatement.

https://m.soundcloud.com/myroneofficial/exclusive-coup

Massive indeed, I had never heard of him, but after this game, it'll be hard for me to forget his work. I cannot wait to hear the planned Eurobeat track (which can be heard during the last few seconds of the KS trailer) he has in store for the game...

Pledged 25$ :bowdown:

Wise choice, my friend. :)👍 Appreciate the gifts they'll give you.

Took a few screenshots:

That flying car glitch has happened to me before, found it quite funny and started playing the chitty chitty bang bang song in my head.

That flying car glitch has happened to me before, found it quite funny and started playing the chitty chitty bang bang song in my head.

Even when it bugs out this game is still entertaining, huh? :lol:

Also, the Kickstarter funding is currently at $15,000-plus. Not bad progress.

With 29 days to go too 👍

I also hope they sell that Tshirt and it isn't just a kickstarter reward, I mean I'm going to give them all my money but I don't have enough for the true shirt so...

Back