Drift Stage

• Thread starter Nuschel01
  • 423 comments
I personally think with a bit more balancing and if I can get a pad to work on my Mac (unless somehow they do a console version) I think it has a lot of promise.

I think you can use a Xbox pad if you have one, some have said that is possible to do with the game. And I agree, this game is very promising.

I normally don't get excited for racing games (Other than Project CARS because that game looks amazing), but this is actually something I really want to play.

I think you can use a Xbox pad if you have one, some have said that is possible to do with the game. And I agree, this game is very promising.
You can.

I normally don't get excited for racing games (Other than Project CARS because that game looks amazing), but this is actually something I really want to play.
I want the testa rossa

And to play Kavinsky while doing so

Eurobeat is awesome, but I'd prefer this one over "Running in the 90s" at the Moment :D Sadly Spotify does not have that much great Eurobeat Music, but a good friend of mine made an awesome Synthesizer-playlist :D

I hope they will get that Kickstarter-campaign funded, the successor of SLRR had a goal of 150.000$ which will not be reached I think. So they shouldn't make the goal to high :nervous:

Anyway, what's your best time? Mine's a 01:21.820 with the xBox-Pad. 👍

Eurobeat is awesome, but I'd prefer this one over "Running in the 90s" at the Moment :D Sadly Spotify does not have that much great Eurobeat Music, but a good friend of mine made an awesome Synthesizer-playlist :D

I hope they will get that Kickstarter-campaign funded, the successor of SLRR had a goal of 150.000$ which will not be reached I think. So they shouldn't make the goal to high :nervous:

Anyway, what's your best time? Mine's a 01:21.820 with the xBox-Pad. 👍

One thing they need to do is to keep the game as DLC-free as they can; I would like to have a more free experience without your classic problems known as microtransactions and the like, and games such as Outrun did not have DLC anyways and were still fun. The other is to set the right benchmarks to avoid problems, set them too high and the game will never come to fruition. You need to know that not all limits are meant to be beat.

By the by, my best time is a 01:22:919, using a keyboard.

Last edited:
Driving with the keyboard is pretty terrible, but I gave it a few laps and I can tell that the drifting mechanic would be pretty solid with analog control. 👍 They just haven't done enough to accommodate keyboard steering yet. I haven't tried my Logitech gamepad to see if a non-XB360 controller would work.

Fun little game but as you said Wolfe, the keyboard is bad. Would an XBox One controller work in place of a 360? Don't have a 360 controller but was planning on buying the One's controller.

Would be good to know if other Controllers will work, too. I'll try the DS3 when I'm at home ;)

I haven't tried it yet but the alpha download page implies any controller will work since it lists Xbox 360 and Dualshock controller binds, the former is Xinput and the latter is DirectInput which pretty much covers the entire spectrum. But yeah, I'm pretty sure the Xbox One pad is just as supported as the 360's now but I don't know anyone who has one so I can't be sure.

I dont know.

See... The XB360 controller I have is a wired one made compatible with windows. A standard XB360 controller won't work, so it's easy to presume an XBOne won't either.

I dont know.

See... The XB360 controller I have is a wired one made compatible with windows. A standard XB360 controller won't work, so it's easy to presume an XBOne won't either.

That's an odd one, my standard (wired) XBox 360 controller works with Windows, do you mean a standard wireless Xbox 360 controller? They did require a USB dongle if I remember correctly since they didn't use Bluetooth like Dualshock controllers. I think the only difference between an Xbox One controller and Xbox One controller 'for Windows' is that the one 'for Windows' comes with a USB cable since they assume you're going to be near your PC so wirelessness isn't a big deal, according to this Microsoft support page a wireless One controller will work with a PC. This link also mentions that you need a USB receiver to use a wireless 360 controller with a PC.

That's an odd one, my standard (wired) XBox 360 controller works with Windows, do you mean a standard wireless Xbox 360 controller? They did require a USB dongle if I remember correctly since they didn't use Bluetooth like Dualshock controllers. I think the only difference between an Xbox One controller and Xbox One controller 'for Windows' is that the one 'for Windows' comes with a USB cable since they assume you're going to be near your PC so wirelessness isn't a big deal, according to this Microsoft support page a wireless One controller will work with a PC. This link also mentions that you need a USB receiver to use a wireless 360 controller with a PC.
Ah...

Then I have officially just spent £5 more than I needed to :grumpy:

Found out last night that Apple have included support for Sony DS3 in Mavericks so no more messing. Its possible it still wont work though as its bluetooth and im not sure if the game will support this type of pad.

Last edited:
Tried the DS3 with the MotioninJoy-Tool, works great for driving but in photomode unfortunately the right analog-stick doesn't work and L2/R2 do not only raise/lower the camera but also rotate it :(

In case of boredom, turn around and drive the track in the opposite direction, it will still count the time every time you cross the line :)

screen_1366x768_2015-01-05_18-54-10.png screen_1366x768_2015-01-05_19-00-51.png

Keep an eye on the game's Twitter page; they are announcing "something big tomorrow (the post was 18 hours ago)" and to "keep an eye on this space". What could it be?

Yeah, I'd definately would like to have it on consoles. Maybe even PS1/PS2 :P

Kickstarter campaign was announced for monday somewhere, but there is yet nothing to see on Kickstarter :(

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the 4driver-multiplayer :)

The delay in the Kickstarter campaign has been explained:

KS should hit by the end of this week. Forced to push it back due to account issues not in our control. Thanks for your support & patience.

According to the Twitter page. Oddly enough, a response by Hugh Myrone (the magnificient creator of the soundtrack), claims that it might come sooner than we think. Not the KS campaign, the promised Eurobeat song that would be added to the game...

Back