Drive Club to steal the spotlight from GT6?

Hmmm...

• I am inclined to agree with this predicament.

Votes: 35 9.6%
  • Blasphemy! PDs GT6 shall be Godlike!

Votes: 110 30.2%
  • Who cares, brah? The more, the merrier!

Votes: 199 54.7%
  • Forza 5 will be the only true driving simulator...

Votes: 20 5.5%

• Total voters
The GT trailers are obviously in the GT engine and technically 'In Game' but without any hardware restrictions that you'd get running it on the PS3 itself.

Anyway I'll leave it there because to be honest I can't even remember why we're discussing this.

The track looks a generation or two behind the car. But thats how Polyphony Digital gets such good looking car models in real time

\

Yet it's the most accurate depiction of the ring on any game this generation.

Yet it's the most accurate depiction of the ring on any game this generation.

Thats probably true, but it still looks terrible compared to Drive Club tracks. The 2D trees and low res grass textures really stand out (in a bad way) after you watch alot of video of Drive Club tracks

I didn't get a close look at DriveClub - they didn't have any steering wheels connected, so make of that what you will - and I was shooed away from the booth before I could pick up a controller as the show was closing for the day.

From what I could see, GT6 looks as good, if not better than DriveClub in terms of gameplay graphics. I wasn't expecting that.

I didn't get a close look at DriveClub - they didn't have any steering wheels connected, so make of that what you will - and I was shooed away from the booth before I could pick up a controller as the show was closing for the day.

From what I could see, GT6 looks as good, if not better than DriveClub in terms of gameplay graphics. I wasn't expecting that.

Ahh that's great to hear Jordan. 👍

You are so super, I swear you must wear spandex and a cape. :lol:

I'm loving the heck out of what you're feeding us, and am squirming like a schoolgirl in anticipation of more goodies. I hope you're having a blast doing it. 👍

I saw that coming. Both, no steering wheels and graphics are similar.

I'd say Drive Club exceeds in certain visual areas on/around the track, but mostly just the trees, Earth. :D

I'm obviously not there and Jordan is but based on this video I find what he said hard to believe.

The lighting and general look seems way ahead of GT6 to me.

I'm obviously not there and Jordan is but based on this video I find what he said hard to believe.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej0VL8rOyrw">YouTube Link</a>

The lighting and general look seems way ahead of GT6 to me.
Yes, it looks great - no doubt about that - and probably a lot better than what I saw under closer examination.

However, I was distinctly underwhelmed with what I did see, especially when compared to Forza 5 - which was spectacular. The gameplay, well that's for another thread...

You park your car in front a tree and watch it all day for detail? lol :lol:

You don't need to park in front of most GT5 trees to see they're awful. Bushes, as well. Well, most foliage. The straight on Le Mans is a good example, you can't fail to notice the awful greenery as you fly past it.

No, but I do love taking pics, and a pretty tree makes the picture prettier :sly: .But seriously imagine a gt5 or gt6 with those trees :drool:

Oh yes I would love to have those trees too. :) I was just having fun, no worries. :lol:

You don't need to park in front of most GT5 trees to see they're awful. Bushes, as well. Well, most foliage. The straight on Le Mans is a good example, you can't fail to notice the awful greenery as you fly past it.

Whoa whoa Samus I was just having fun, nothing serious. ;)

re trees, Nurburgring has a lot of them. You don't see that kind of tree density in games with 3D trees. Especially not ones that need to update at 60fps

Some GT5/Gt6 tracks do have 3D trees

I expect them to be different genres really. Gonna be hard to compare. Drive Club will hopefully be a fun simcade title. The driving do look a hell of a lot more serious then GRID 2 ;). I think it will be a good launch title for PS4. Curious what they can achieve on that hardware but it does appear all the physics calculation will be about simulating carbon fibre reflections, light reflections on the seat rather then suspension, tire and ffb modelling.

But will see drive club is demoed using gamepad that say something as well.

Back