Drive Club to steal the spotlight from GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gran_Turismo
  • 341 comments
  • 36,404 views

Hmmm...

  • I am inclined to agree with this predicament.

    Votes: 35 9.6%
  • Blasphemy! PDs GT6 shall be Godlike!

    Votes: 110 30.1%
  • Who cares, brah? The more, the merrier!

    Votes: 200 54.8%
  • Forza 5 will be the only true driving simulator...

    Votes: 20 5.5%

  • Total voters
    365
DriveClub... Stealing GT6's spotlight.... BAHAHAhahahaha!!!! Yeah okay there, pure imagination. :lol:

pCARS..... Even if on next gen...... Nothing like GT6 AND FM5 so scrap that out too.

FM5.... *Sees Xbox One*.... Wait and see.
 
Last edited:
DriveClub... Stealing GT6's spotlight.... BAHAHAhahahaha!!!! Yeah okay there, pure imagination. :lol:
Yeah, I don't think any new racing game franchise will ever steal GTs spotlight.

pCARS..... Even if on next gen...... Nothing like GT6 AND FM5 so scrap that out too.
When is the release date again? What delay? What another delay? Another one? And again?...

Or even better: Go and ask some buddies what they think about Project Cars. Answer: Project what?
Most people don't even know what it is. And no, typical forum users are not the majority.
I doubt they have the money for any decent advertising.
FM5.... *Sees Xbox One*.... Wait and see.
Forza will never steal the spotlight from GT and GT will never steal the spotlight from Forza. See it as a "peaceful" coexistence.
 
Yeah, I don't think any new racing game franchise will ever steal GTs spotlight.

Agreed. 👍 Not even that "new racer" Ubisoft seems to be making won't steal the spotlight from GT, period. :lol:

When is the release date again? What delay? What another delay? Another one? And again?...

Apparently it never had a release date, and it got delayed to 2014. Bet you it'll get delayed again, again and again. :dopey:

Forza will never steal the spotlight from GT and GT will never steal the spotlight from Forza. See it as a "peaceful" coexistence.

Well said. Both franchises are perfect and no new racers will ever touch them. :)👍
 
Apparently it never had a release date, and it got delayed to 2014. Bet you it'll get delayed again, again and again. :dopey:
Not an exact date, but expected quarter/season and year. I wonder for how long they'll have enough money left.

Well said. Both franchises are perfect and no new racers will ever touch them. :)👍
Ehm not directly perfect, but independant, or not in direct competition if you want to say so.
The "I buy the console which has the better of those two games" consumers are a seriously neglectible number.
 
I will be curious to see how drive club turns out but for me it looks like a GT6 purchase for sure and wait and see on the others.

I voted the more the merrier of course ;)

Always good to have options
 
Not an exact date, but expected quarter/season and year. I wonder for how long they'll have enough money left.

Hehe I wonder myself. :lol:

Ehm not directly perfect, but independant, or not in direct competition if you want to say so. The "I buy the console which has the better of those two games" consumers are a seriously neglectible number.

They indeed are.
 
I will wait reviews and comments once it's playable. And if caught my attention will give this game a try once i got my own PS4. Trailer looks good.
 
I played Forza 4 on my friends Xbox a few days ago, and I wanted to go to GameStop and get an Xbox 360, and forza 4 as soon as I left. The sounds were amazing, engine swaps, and detailed exterior and interior on EVERY CAR! The fact that Gran Tourismo never had any PlayStation competition to begin with, is the only reason why it is still popular, and it took 5 Gran Tourismo games for another title to just show how much its missing, in this case, it is Drive Club, and it flattened GT5, and of course GT6 in just 1 trailer. I saw GT6 gameplay on their YouTube channel, and they not only half assed the damn video, and the sounds, graphics, and all of the other fails in GT5 were still there, hell, I think i even recognized that damn test car. That's another thing, GT5 has cars that date back to gt1, and has more than 600 cars from GT4, which is not only a PAST GAME, but it was from the days of the PlayStation 2. Right there is a GOLDEN reason for Sony to drop this damn company. Only reason why Need for Speed,Forza, And every other popular racing game haven't disrupted any of the Gran Tourismo games, Is because they are not just on PlayTation only, except Forza, which is a Xbox only game, and that's good for GT, because that game is has good graphics, good physics, and sounds that are not only amazing, but actually fit a car. I put a titanium on a dodge ram, and it sounded like a damn HONDA. THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THAT SOUND IN A REAL LIFE RAM, BECAUSE THE DAMN RAM HAS A V8, NOT A LITTLE Japanese 4 BANGER, I got this game 5 years ago, and waited half that for one damn dlc, which was NOT worth it. The only reason why GT5 is still on my shelf of games, is because it is the only decent racing game for ps3, and i haven't played that crap in over 4 months, it is just collecting dust. Sony is real stupid for taaking so damn long to publish another racing game, because they are going to make so much more money on Drive Club. I wont be surprised iof they discontinue GT7, Because GT5 is wayyyyyyy behind the second Forzza, Nevermind Drive Club... Again, Drive Club is definetly going to take over GT6 if guys like you keep posting these threads on the game, which isnt doing anything, but digging GT6's grave deeper and deeper!
Now that right there is a well written totally constructive wall of text if I ever saw one. :boggled:
 
- Excruciating long wall of text-

Half of that novel you wrote holds no ground considering you haven't even touched the game and are basing your judgement off an early build of it. But hey, if that floats your boat then go ahead.

As stated previously, DriveClub will have it's own spotlight on the PS4. It's from the team that created motorstorm so I wouldn't expect state-of-the-art physics and innovation.
 
I don't know that much about Drive Club other than what was in the PS4 announcement thing back in Feb but I really wasn't impressed with it, sure it looked pretty but didn't seem to do much more than simply showcase how pretty graphics can look on the PS4 and how you can have all these trendy social features like clubs and team racing and wotnot. If anything it looked like little more than a sparkly arcade type racer with trendy social features, not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with arcade racers mind you.

Then we have the current GT6 announcement, it also has some similar social and community features but they at least sounded a bit more serious or professional than Drive Club's if that makes any sense? Then it's also got a whole new graphics engine AND a new physics engine / models which should be reasonable improvements over GT5's and it's still on the current gen console.

I think they are basically in two different classes or styles of game at this point in time and based on what I personally know about them, apples Vs. oranges for want of a less cliche comparison :).
 
I tweeted Driveclub a while ago asking if Drive club with drive like a sim racer or an arcade racer. the reply I got was this

"@NeuroticVows DRIVECLUB is neither. Our handling team focused on making each car feel authentic and thrilling, without labels."
 
I tweeted Driveclub a while ago asking if Drive club with drive like a sim racer or an arcade racer. the reply I got was this

"@NeuroticVows DRIVECLUB is neither. Our handling team focused on making each car feel authentic and thrilling, without labels."

So probably semi-sim. I expect something that feels a bit like GT3, to be honest.
 
GT6 is a Gran Turismo game. It will sell simply by virtue of being one.

Drive Club is not, and whatever it does will be irrelevant to whatever GT6 will do. Though Drive Club coming first will help keep GT6 from stealing sales from it.

I was in the process about two months ago of making a thread stating " the evo and Liverpool game" that was in fact slated to be either a new open world granturismo game or a granturismo competitor by sony . Both being partially true seeing as info has come in showing PD rejected the idea of letting another studio handle there beloved IP I stopped halfway due to the fact it was just pure speculation and i had very little evidence outside of hearsay among the stormers.
Mark my words , drive clubs a sim.. I have inside info on Evo studios, limited by what ever the Mod decides to tell us ( motor-storm community mod, very tight relationship with evo) This was old news for me and i was actually surprised to see it was true , considering they merged with studio Liverpool, I was expecting a really good motorstorm, but in fact the rumors were true. So im safe to assume its a driving sim .
There was also a "scraped" next gen wipe out . That's not for this forum but don't be surprised to see a wipe out by evo soon.
 
People with a PS3 but that won't buy a PS4 will buy GT6.
People with a PS4 will buy Drive Club.
People with both consoles will get both games.

So, no. And Drive Club won't compete with GT7 (my, my, how time flies! :dopey:) because GT7 will see the light waaaaaaaay after Drive Club.
 
People with a PS3 but that won't buy a PS4 will buy GT6.
People with a PS4 will buy Drive Club.
People with both consoles will get both games.

So, no. And Drive Club won't compete with GT7 (my, my, how time flies! :dopey:) because GT7 will see the light waaaaaaaay after Drive Club.

I know sure I'll buy both along with the PS4, hehe. :dopey:
 
I am inclined to agree with this predicament, because majority of GT5 sales were made by casuals who want car/racing game with nice graphics and that's about it, simulation aspect of the game may appeal to us on GTPlanet but for casuals?... who knows.

Drive Club will be fun game, Evolution Studios are very experienced in racing games and I'm looking forward to E3 and more informations about both Drive Club and GT6 so I can decide what to buy and when. I don't want to keep PS3 for much longer, so if GT6 gets delayed or if talk about PS4 version of GT6 holds some truth I may skip PS3 version and go for PS4 and Drive Club first.
 
Never heard of Drive Club!

I don't think I am alone.....
 
Suppose you did not watch or read about the PS4 announcement keynote? DriveClub was introduced there.
 
Buying a next gen system is just dumb imo. I actually like to have games on the system that I like so I can play different games when I feel like it. The PS4 (xb1 just seems like a pos machine that invades privacy with their bs kinecting) won't be worth owning untill at least 1 to 2 years from now. This means, PS3 will be good for at least another year or 2.

So that means no, it won't steal anything from gt6. The question should be will pd steal from gt6 and make it not live up to the gt name in the same way 5 did. The best gt is still 4, by a large margin.
 
I will get drive club, since I love open world racers, and it will have next gen graphics! The open world should look really beautiful, since they can put alot of dynamic things like moving trees and alot of grass instead of flat green textures. Also there is way more to add, like the wet roads we've already seen, it will have dynamic puddles I'm sure, and way more things, since there is no strong hardware limitation such as the PS3.
And the sim/arcade thing is always a point of the own opinion.
Real arcade racers are to me Burnout, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Ridge Racers etc.
Things as Drive Club, Forza Horizion, Test Drive Unlimited, WRC, Driver SF, Project Gotham Racing etc are no real Sims but also not the level of arcade such the ones mentioned before. It's a mix between both but still more related to the real world in terms of carphysics. And me personally is very fine with it. Since the car behaves the way you would expect it, and it's really fun to drive!

For the other way I can play GT, Forza, iRacing etc... :)
 
When is the release date again? What delay? What another delay? Another one? And again?...

pCARS has not been delayed, it has never had a release date or release schedule, it's had internal targets that have moved further and further back. If it wasn't for the fact it's a community driven game you wouldn't even know of these target dates, just as you don't know of any for other games in development that don't have release dates.

PD could have originally targeted a June release of GT6 for all you know.
 
I tweeted Driveclub a while ago asking if Drive club with drive like a sim racer or an arcade racer. the reply I got was this

"@NeuroticVows DRIVECLUB is neither. Our handling team focused on making each car feel authentic and thrilling, without labels."

That sounds like code for "arcade" to me. If you had designed the best physics engine around or even a really good one, you'd be yelling about it from the top of the trees and not messing around with semantics. The fact that you don't want to label it, means it's probably arcadish.
 
pCARS has not been delayed, it has never had a release date or release schedule, it's had internal targets that have moved further and further back. If it wasn't for the fact it's a community driven game you wouldn't even know of these target dates, just as you don't know of any for other games in development that don't have release dates.

PD could have originally targeted a June release of GT6 for all you know.
And a target is never scheduled thus is no schedule... interesting.

Doesn't matter how they told it, they still did. If to public or the comnunity, what's the deal?

Scheduled release dates which get delayed are noting else than target times which got missed. Explain how this isn't correct.

As soon as you set a time target and miss it, it's a delay. Do also explain how this isn't correct please.


For anything else, this post: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8530946#post8530946
 
Things as Drive Club, Forza Horizion, Test Drive Unlimited, ....
If it ends up being akin to these games then I definitely will not be buying it.

There were so many things about those games that I do not like and very little that I do like. TDU I tried and did not like at all. FH I actually pre- ordered and after playing it for a short while I traded it in on a different game. The cars were cool, the way they drive was pretty good. The game was not good at all in fact it was the most disappointing racing game I have purchased in many years. I can only hope that FM5 does not incorporate any of the changes that were in Horizon and that neither FM nor GT ever try to be more like TDU or NFS in terms of game play.
 
Ridiculous statement, Drive Club will be luck to shift more copies then WipEout (barely any)
 
And a target is never scheduled thus is no schedule... interesting.

Doesn't matter how they told it, they still did. If to public or the comnunity, what's the deal?

The "deal" is that the community is PRIVATE. The forum acts as a workplace and we as the workers, amongst SMS, it's not public. Them posting a target date in the private workplace is not the same as them publically stating a game will be out on X date.


Scheduled release dates which get delayed are noting else than target times which got missed. Explain how this isn't correct.

If you started making a game tomorrow you might have a target date when you want it to be complete, right? That's a private date for yourself and the rest of your team and it's just a rough goal, it's nothing specific. It's just when you think you might be able to finish, if things go as to plan.

When a game has a scheduled release date it's a public date. You don't announce a public date until you absolutely know you can make it. Yes some do get delayed but not many.

As soon as you set a time target and miss it, it's a delay. Do also explain how this isn't correct please.

That maybe is correct, what I should have perhaps said is that pCARS has not had any public delays, as for example GT5 did. As I already said SMS has not given any public dates, if this was a closed project like any other you would not know it had been delayed because you would have no idea of the internal target dates.


Find me anywhere SMS themselves have publicly given a quarter for release and you may have a point.

They also have no cash problems, FYI.
 
If it ends up being akin to these games then I definitely will not be buying it.

There were so many things about those games that I do not like and very little that I do like. TDU I tried and did not like at all. FH I actually pre- ordered and after playing it for a short while I traded it in on a different game. The cars were cool, the way they drive was pretty good. The game was not good at all in fact it was the most disappointing racing game I have purchased in many years. I can only hope that FM5 does not incorporate any of the changes that were in Horizon and that neither FM nor GT ever try to be more like TDU or NFS in terms of game play.

You see there are the personal preferences, I love Horizion and beat it 100% and still play it, for me the best racer so far on the current gen.
 
You see there are the personal preferences, I love Horizion and beat it 100% and still play it, for me the best racer so far on the current gen.
Yep to each his own. I hated almost everything about it the worst of which is the fact that it made me sick to play it but aside from that I hate the in game voice over, I hate the open world design, I really really hate the fact that you can do no tuning to the cars I hate the way you have to drive to the events, the fact that there are no real world tracks available to run, the whole barn thing, the fact that you have to drive to the club house, tuning shop and so on.

It is very much an arcade game and not at all a sim racer.

I also think it is funny when anyone says "I Beat the Game" I guess what you mean is that you completed all the events. Personally I would never describe that as beating the game and from what I saw in it it was pretty easy to win the races especially so it you used any of the assists and/or reduced the AI level.
 
You see there are the personal preferences, I love Horizion and beat it 100% and still play it, for me the best racer so far on the current gen.

Since both games will be slightly different styles and I will have both consoles it will all depend on the mood I am in when I want to play.

PS: Dortmund put up a good fight in the final and I was cheering for them. I am originally from Giessen :D
 
Since both games will be slightly different styles and I will have both consoles it will all depend on the mood I am in when I want to play.

PS: Dortmund put up a good fight in the final and I was cheering for them. I am originally from Giessen :D

Yes I agree, anyways I'm always with the opinion having as much racers as I can is the best solution, this way I can have the best of all. Thats why I own a PS3 and Xbox 360. To enjoy GT but also to enjoy Forza. :)

So I guess this time will be the same, I'm gonna enjoy GT6, but also Driveclub!

PS: Thank you! What a pity that we didn't win, but getting so far is more than what we've ever expected :D
 
Back