Drive Club to steal the spotlight from GT6?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gran_Turismo
  • 341 comments
  • 36,405 views

Hmmm...

  • I am inclined to agree with this predicament.

    Votes: 35 9.6%
  • Blasphemy! PDs GT6 shall be Godlike!

    Votes: 110 30.1%
  • Who cares, brah? The more, the merrier!

    Votes: 200 54.8%
  • Forza 5 will be the only true driving simulator...

    Votes: 20 5.5%

  • Total voters
    365
The "deal" is that the community is PRIVATE. The forum acts as a workplace and we as the workers, amongst SMS, it's not public. Them posting a target date in the private workplace is not the same as them publically stating a game will be out on X date.
Yes, but it's still a delay, wether public or not.
If you started making a game tomorrow you might have a target date when you want it to be complete, right? That's a private date for yourself and the rest of your team and it's just a rough goal, it's nothing specific. It's just when you think you might be able to finish, if things go as to plan.
And the plans got delayed.
When a game has a scheduled release date it's a public date. You don't announce a public date until you absolutely know you can make it. Yes some do get delayed but not many.
Calling a year is already a date, not precise but it is. I can list you tons of games with such delays.
But that's actually not my point and I'd be even slightly irritated to do so, but if it's really necessary... guess not.

That maybe is correct, what I should have perhaps said is that pCARS has not had any public delays, as for example GT5 did. As I already said SMS has not given any public dates, if this was a closed project like any other you would not know it had been delayed because you would have no idea of the internal target dates.
What's the problem? Seriously mate, Pcars was first told to be released at times we already past a long time ago. Now it looks like as if it would get released in Q1 2014, at least for certain platforms.

I honestly do not know if you really don't see it or simply don't want to see it, but my point was that Pcars can't steal GTs spotlight if it comes that late. Especially the PS4/X1 versions, which will probably be the only ones people really are looking for (apart from PC of course).

Find me anywhere SMS themselves have publicly given a quarter for release and you may have a point.
Publicity? Well, two possible view points exist:

1. You do only count SMS as the actual team and private level and the comnumity is already "public" level. Which doesn't suit your point, just saying.

2. You count SMS plus the members as one group on a private level and everyone else who isn't part of the project as a public level.
The real problem with this is, as soon as members start yelling around times... since they are part of the development team in this view point... they actually talk to the public in the name of the developer.

Look, it doesn't matter which view you take. As soon as a time gets set, no matter if as loose target or as definite decision, and gets delayed, it's a delay.
They also have no cash problems, FYI.
I reckon you terribly misunderstood the joke.

I was implying that at some point if they keep and keep moving the scheduled development completion time to later dates, they'll at the end, oh how unlucky, run out of money and end in a big fail.
Now surely you're not supposed to take this word for word, how else could it be since it's a joke, and take it too serious.


----



Ridiculous statement, Drive Club will be luck to shift more copies then WipEout (barely any)
What are the sales figures for Wipeout (HD?)? Some sites say about 250'000, others list different numbers.
 
Last edited:
This game sounds like a great way for the GTP community to compete with everybody else around the world.
 
Frankly, I think it's Gran Turismo that casts a long shadow over the gaming market. In fact, multiple markets. Not everyone who is a Gran Turismo fan is solely a GT fan, or a racing fan alone, and with roughly ten million fans per release, this is to be expected. So I suspect that every game developer in every genre dreads the year a Gran Turismo is released, even a Prologue, because everything from shooters to RPGs can expect a certain hunk of their fanbase to pass buy their games, delay buying them, and/or sell them earlier.

There are very few bona fide blockbusters that sell around 10M each release such as Halo and Gran Turismo, and which set the net on fire buzzing about them. Drive Club and Forza 5 may be solid sim racers, we'll see, and likely have a lot of points to commend them. But I can imagine that Turn 10 and Evolution aren't much more comfortable with GT6 coming out on PS3 than 4.
 
I can't see any competition whatsoever between Drive Club & GT6. Drive Club is an arcade racer, & GT6 is a sim racer. I only like sim racers, so will only be buying GT6. If some people like both, I'm sure they'll simply buy both. After all, most people can afford to buy more than just 1 game!
 
It remains to be seen. The visuals are great but what else does DC have to offer?
 
VBR
I can't see any competition whatsoever between Drive Club & GT6. Drive Club is an arcade racer, & GT6 is a sim racer. I only like sim racers, so will only be buying GT6. If some people like both, I'm sure they'll simply buy both. After all, most people can afford to buy more than just 1 game!

I'm one of those people who enjoy both, but to be honest there is a lot more long term value for me in the racing sims. I'll be playing GT6 for quite a long time and doubt that I'll ever even get around to Drive Club.

I look at it like this. For people who buy the PS4 as soon as it comes out; they will have Drive Club as the choice racing game. Those who hold out will enjoy what GT6 has to offer, which in my opinion is far more than what Drive Club seems to offer. So no, Drive Club will not steal the spotlight from GT6. Gran Turismo will still be the celebrity in the racing scene for Sony.
 
But I can imagine that Turn 10 and Evolution aren't much more comfortable with GT6 coming out on PS3 than 4.

I agree. Unless the PS4 and XOne are incredibly easy to program and the developers can take advantage of most of the hardware, I'd say PD has the upper hand. They've had over 5 years to learn the PS3 inside out and I think it will show.
 
I agree. Unless the PS4 and XOne are incredibly easy to program and the developers can take advantage of most of the hardware, I'd say PD has the upper hand. They've had over 5 years to learn the PS3 inside out and I think it will show.

why GT will sell more is Irrelevant of the consoles,GT6 might be the best selling racing game but it does not mean it's the best racing game
 
LOL'd @ the last option 👍 "Forza 5 will be the only true driving simulator... "
 
why GT will sell more is Irrelevant of the consoles,GT6 might be the best selling racing game but it does not mean it's the best racing game
You were so far off my point that I started writing in defense of something I never inferred.

With GT being on the PS4, these games would be on more equal playing ground. You would have to buy a new system to play any of these 3 games.

Now PD has made it a decision of how much money you're willing to pay. Additionally, the time they would have spent learning the new architecture could instead be spent on the game, adding new features and refining old ones. That's why I'm not expecting a lot of new features in Forza 5.
 
I hate game's like drive club! Who care's about all those supercars.

The reason that i like GT is because all the normal cars, i can play for days if you just give me a Chaser JZX100 and GTR R33.
 
VBR
I can't see any competition whatsoever between Drive Club & GT6. Drive Club is an arcade racer, & GT6 is a sim racer. I only like sim racers, so will only be buying GT6. If some people like both, I'm sure they'll simply buy both. After all, most people can afford to buy more than just 1 game!

👍 Thank you.
 
I hate game's like drive club! Who care's about all those supercars.

Plenty of people.

The reason that i like GT is because all the normal cars, i can play for days if you just give me a Chaser JZX100 and GTR R33.

GTR R33 a normal car? In what universe?
 
I suppose he meant common instead of normal.

Still wouldn't call it that either. I man sure it's not a supercar but it's still not exactly a 'normal' car. It's a high performance enthusiast vehicle.
 
Still wouldn't call it that either. I man sure it's not a supercar but it's still not exactly a 'normal' car. It's a high performance enthusiast vehicle.

I was under the impression Japan was flooded with old R32s and R33s.
 
I'm not much for the super car scene either, once you have a few of them in the game then they just start to get boring. Many of them are super fast but do not really drive all that well.

I get a much bigger thrill by taking a more run of the mill car and modifying it to get better performance and then beating the pants off a supercar with it :)
 
I hate game's like drive club! Who care's about all those supercars.

The reason that i like GT is because all the normal cars

Yeah, me too! like volvo estate wagons and nissan 910s and toyota celica GTs!

, i can play for days if you just give me a Chaser JZX100 and GTR R33.
oh.
 
I don't really care if Drive Club on PS4 steals the spotlight from GT6 on PS3 or not. As long as the PS4 has some fairly decent games at launch until it gains a fairly sizable install base, there is no reason to immediately switch to the PS4.
 
The reason that i like GT is because all the normal cars, i can play for days if you just give me a Chaser JZX100 and GTR R33.
The GT-R isn't a "normal" car. It's just a car you want instead. Don't mix up the two.


I was under the impression Japan was flooded with old R32s and R33s.
As flooded as a car whose total sales over 13 years is equivalent to a month of Ford F-150 sales can be. Bentley sold more Continentals in the first 3 years than Nissan ever sold R33 GT-Rs.
 
Last edited:
Newest images of Drive Club appear to show a slick livery editor

+1 Drive Club spotlight

-1 Gran Turismo 6 spotlight
 
What we've seen of DriveClub so far, it does look stunning. It may look GT6 look dated ,although it is on much more powerful hardware.
DriveClub is more like NeedForSpeed than a simulator though with so much choice for cars and tracks.
Gran Turismo also has the history and proven track record, DriveClub doesn't.............yet.
 
Newest images of Drive Club appear to show a slick livery editor

+1 Drive Club spotlight

-1 Gran Turismo 6 spotlight

And damage
 
What does DriveClub have to do with GT6? They aren't even the same racing genre, one is a Sim, the other is a arcadish game. That's comparing a snail with a slug, which is basiclly comparing a NFS-like game to a Sim, whch is totally illogical. Anyway, my answer to that question is no, although DriveClube is better visually, has damage and livery editor. Oh, and also is totally irrelevent the fact of it being lauch on the PS4 (is a bit relevant because it'sa lanch title, if it wasn't, it would be same lauching it for PS3).
 
Newest images of Drive Club appear to show a slick livery editor

Uhh. Earth. I think DriveClub's livery editor system maybe similar to GRID 2's system, hehe. :p

But it has one nonetheless, lol.
 
Nothing. I'm not saying it as if it's a bad thing, you just won't be able to create your own designs like say FM4. lol.

So you're just assuming and jumping to conclusions in other words. Exactly what you accuse people of doing about GT6.
 
So you're just assuming and jumping to conclusions in other words. Exactly what you accuse people of doing about GT6.

Oh boy not again. :indiff: First of all I wasn't jumping into conclusions with anyone or Earth's post. Second I was just saying I think DC's livery editor maybe similar to GRID 2's system, nothing wrong with that... :grumpy:

Are you attempting to start something? :irked:
 
Back