Drivers From a Certain Country...

• Thread starter war_ops_84
  • 215 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the early days of GT Sport, I found some Brazilians to be dirty. Recently it seems like Canadians are dirty and Brazilians are really clean!

Sometimes I encounter drivers with Trump liveries and they always end up in a punting war with others!

I've noticed no change with the green/yellow flag crew. I think the folks with Trump liveries do it to irritate people. The ones I've seen are dirty racers, too. And the PSN names...someone who uses bunch of x's, makes up a cute way to write a part of female anatomy, or describes your mother always brings trouble to the track.

Certain Country? Last time i checked, i met dirty drivers from Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and so on... They all have both some good and mostly bad drivers.

On the other hand, i'm probably the only middle eastern who still plays the Sport mode. Because everyone else would rather play Fifa, Fortnite, Overwatch, NFS Payback or such of mainstream games. Meanwhile the only middle easterns who play GT Sport are these type of guys:

PC260116.JPG

8e246f55f0e4a2f9239127ace74492b5_400x400.jpeg

Darbawi as they called in Saudi Arabia, You know...those who do insane stunts in both Real world and in Gran turismo/Live for speed/Forza Horizon due to having their type of cars.

(6.600 Post!)

Last edited:
Calling drivers from a certain country is like people who bitch about penalties, bugs, glitches, laggers etc. Its just something else to moan about. And on here a lot of that happens.

...not sure if this has already been covered, but can we agree that, ON AVERAGE, the most aggressive, dirty drivers are represented disproportionately by a certain country? I don't even have to name the country specifically - most people will know which one I'm referring to.

That isn't to say there aren't respectful, clean drivers from that country, or that there aren't aggressive, dirty drivers from other countries. But how many times does a driver from a certain country have to ruin your race with overly aggressive/dirty driving before you're allowed to identify that country as a source of problems?

My last race at Willow Springs was ruined on the last lap by one such driver. Drivers behind me saw the incident and agreed that I got screwed. One of the drivers who witnessed the incident said something I have to agree with: Expect it.

That is unfortunate, as I do not like to prejudge people, but I cannot help it. Every time there is a driver from that country behind me, I am more stressed than normal. And it's purely based on repeated experiences with drivers from that country. A few incidents here and there can be attributed to random factors, but incidents repeating over and over and over again constitute a pattern.

And it's not just overtly dirty driving like dive-bombing either. It's very subtle stuff that is clearly intended to put the other driver in precarious positions. For example, very gradually drifting into the other drivers space so as to create a tiny window where the smallest mistake will cause the driver to fly off the track or crash.

One question I have asked myself: Why does a certain country seemingly produce so many of these drivers? Is it cultural? Or am I just imagining things? If I am, then I'm certainly not the only one. And if I am imagining things, then why don't I imagine the same thing with any other country?

"Fiery Personality", "Passionate", "Heart on Sleeve". There's many explanations given, but yeah, I'm afraid I do agree with you. In the lower ranks if I saw one or more in a Vision Gran Turismo car behind me I'd bail on the race pronto. Guaranteed to lose less SR bailing in the load screen than being rammed to Malaga and back!

But as you indicate, I've also friended some very good, very fair drivers from same country whom I *love* racing hard with.

Let’s try an exercise, shall we?

Let’s say... we change “person from a certain country” to “person of a certain color”.
Does it sound wrong?
Yep!
Don’t do it, please.

And... “in the lower ranks”.
There’s a better explanation there. LOWER RANK.

Last edited:
ON AVERAGE, the most aggressive, dirty drivers are represented disproportionately by a certain country?

Please don't throw around inflammatory accusations like that without concrete proof to back them up.
Irony.

I don't even have to name the country specifically - most people will know which one I'm referring to

Meditereanan

Brazilian

Russia or Poland maybe Italy.

Take a hard left from Italy

Canadians

drivers with Trump liveries

...not sure if this has already been covered, but can we agree that, ON AVERAGE, the most aggressive, dirty drivers are represented disproportionately by a certain country? I don't even have to name the country specifically - most people will know which one I'm referring to.

That isn't to say there aren't respectful, clean drivers from that country, or that there aren't aggressive, dirty drivers from other countries. But how many times does a driver from a certain country have to ruin your race with overly aggressive/dirty driving before you're allowed to identify that country as a source of problems?

My last race at Willow Springs was ruined on the last lap by one such driver. Drivers behind me saw the incident and agreed that I got screwed. One of the drivers who witnessed the incident said something I have to agree with: Expect it.

That is unfortunate, as I do not like to prejudge people, but I cannot help it. Every time there is a driver from that country behind me, I am more stressed than normal. And it's purely based on repeated experiences with drivers from that country. A few incidents here and there can be attributed to random factors, but incidents repeating over and over and over again constitute a pattern.

And it's not just overtly dirty driving like dive-bombing either. It's very subtle stuff that is clearly intended to put the other driver in precarious positions. For example, very gradually drifting into the other drivers space so as to create a tiny window where the smallest mistake will cause the driver to fly off the track or crash.

One question I have asked myself: Why does a certain country seemingly produce so many of these drivers? Is it cultural? Or am I just imagining things? If I am, then I'm certainly not the only one. And if I am imagining things, then why don't I imagine the same thing with any other country?
Americans? Yeah, it's always Americans. Every dirty driver I've ever met is an American.

It's probably cultural, yes, like they think ramming you off the road is free speech - they'd probably shoot you if they could and claim it was a second amendment right. Either that or they just can't drive - they just have pointless straight roads out in the country, and dumb grids in the city. And their speed limits are really low, like 55mph or some rubbish. No wonder all their motorsports are just like drive straight for 440 yards (and they can't even do that without dying, so now it's 1,000 feet), or just drive at 200mph and go left a bit for four hours until everyone else crashes.

See how that works? Yeah, don't be that guy.

Oh, all of the above is really quite obviously sarcasm, but just in case...

Unless you have stats collected by PD for all races, your experiences are anecdotal therefore useless in drawing any sort of conclusion like the one you are trying to make. That doesn't mean YOU can't use that information in making your own decisions, but it is effectively meaningless for anyone else.

Every sport Mode race I enter I’m either the only Brazilian or there are one or two more... majority is from USA...
I met a lot of bad and dirty drivers, some with nasty or racist comments about me or my country (can you guess where they are from?) but I kept on racing...

There are 995K player in the Americas server (according to jasonguernsey.net)
708k are from United States
105K are from Brasil
100K from Canada
And the rest from all the other countries...

Are you still going to cry and blame your lack of hability to play and evolve on other players and their country flags or will you man up and play the same game we all play against the same player we all play being good or bad?!

If the certain country is Canada, I agree with you. :)

I usually don't mind this kind of prejudice and I'm against the excess of political correctness these days, but having spent a lot of time in Sport mode, I have to defend my fellow Brazilians in this case as I don't see them being the most aggressive or dirty. Far from it. Actually, I've had so many problems with Canadians that I tend to be more careful whenever I see a maple leaf flag in races.

Americans? Yeah, it's always Americans. Every dirty driver I've ever met is an American.

It's probably cultural, yes, like they think ramming you off the road is free speech - they'd probably shoot you if they could and claim it was a second amendment right. Either that or they just can't drive - they just have pointless straight roads out in the country, and dumb grids in the city. And their speed limits are really low, like 55mph or some rubbish. No wonder all their motorsports are just like drive straight for 440 yards (and they can't even do that without dying, so now it's 1,000 feet), or just drive at 200mph and go left a bit for four hours until everyone else crashes.

I'd take them straight roads over the M25 any day.

Present the data...otherwise, this thread serves no purpose other than providing a place for people to air out their prejudices.

If you are truly interested in discussing the potential differences in driver etiquette between nationalities you need evidence to back it up, otherwise its just anecdotal at best and nowhere near intellectually rigorous enough to constitute informed debate.

There's too many countries in the world for me to bother keeping track of them all

If the certain country is Canada, I agree with you. :)

Haha, I always get screwed over by Canadians too, but I know that observation is a subjective and skewed perspective of the player base. The general lack of complaints that I see about Canadians also reinforces that I am having a subjective experience that isn't comprehensive.

You forgot burnouts

https://www.gtplanet.net/are-burnouts-considered-free-speech-one-maine-teenager-thinks-so/

Haha, I always get screwed over by Canadians too, but I know that observation is a subjective and skewed perspective of the player base. The general lack of complaints that I see about Canadians also reinforces that I am having a subjective experience that isn't comprehensive.

I've met dirty Canadians myself too and I report them just as much as anyone else that won't respect other drivers on the track. Perhaps even more so as they tarnish my reputation as well. Of course all dirty Canadians are from Quebec :P

PD could easily compile stats of which nationalities get into the least contacts per person. Then we can settle once and for all what is the cleanest nation. Add a leader board and perhaps some freebies for the top spot to encourage some healthy competition in clean driving. Some meta competition can do a lot of good for the longevity of sport mode.

Cultural -- probably... Many people from a country aspire to be Ayrton Senna -- and follow his racing principle as stated circa 1990
"Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people and if you no longer go for a gap that exists you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing.”
When Senna said “if you no longer go for a gap you are no longer a racing driver” he was not espousing a pure philosophy of motor racing, he was telling a fib which he clung to for 12 months. But at least he eventually set the record straight – something which can’t necessarily be said for others who have committed dodgier moves. He admitted he took out Prost at Suzuka intentionally to protect his championship.

It's just confirmation bias. You have a preconceived notion, so your focus is on that for evidence that it's true.

In the NA region people talk about Brazilian drivers, but I've seen just as many dirty U.S. and Canadian drivers. The idea that an entire country of people race in a more negative way is in your mind, nothing else. It's not a good road to go down.

Certain Country? Last time i checked, i met dirty drivers from Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and so on... They all have both some good and mostly bad drivers.

On the other hand, i'm probably the only middle eastern who still plays the Sport mode. Because everyone else would rather play Fifa, Fortnite, Overwatch, NFS Payback or such of mainstream games. Meanwhile the only middle easterns who play GT Sport are these type of guys:

PC260116.JPG

8e246f55f0e4a2f9239127ace74492b5_400x400.jpeg

Darbawi as they called in Saudi Arabia, You know...those who do insane stunts in both Real world and in Gran turismo/Live for speed/Forza Horizon due to having their type of cars.

(6.600 Post!)

Nice. I've seen videos of those stunts, like tipping the car and climbing on it, they're insane! But really cool. I also remember an episode of one of Anthony Bourdain's shows where he talked to an all-women Palestinian racing team. Everyone in and out of the game should be treated with respect until proven otherwise based on their behavior, not their culture or background.

As far as I have seen videos Youtube/Read post in forums/Suffered of collision racing I would say these are the countries with the most conflictive drivers:

-Spain
-Brazil
-US
-Russia

When I first played Sport Mode, it really did seem that way. But then I noticed that dirty drivers come from all sorts of places, so it was a pretty bad generalization.

Hahahaha - That's funny because it's almost true :D

It could also be a numbers game. The first month of GT Sport, each race I was placed in had fields full of US players, various groups of Canadian players, but only 1-3 Brazilian players. While I did encounter sloppy players from the US and Canada, it doesn't stick out in my mind since there is a huge pool of players. However, I couldn't ignore that the 1 or 2 Brazilian drivers(different drivers race to race) would bulldoze their way to the front any way that they could.

All of this does cause some undo bias in that one starts thinking "hey, about 15% of these guys are dirty, but 90% of those guys are dirty," which of course may be untrue.

It is much better these days since I've been in dr.A sr.S. Everyone I race is very considerate of cars around them regardless of flags. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back