Drivers From a Certain Country...

• Thread starter war_ops_84
  • 215 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is my popcorn?

You‘ll encounter **** people from every country and the more players from a certain country there are the higher then chances they‘re racing dirty. 10% of 300000 players is more than 10% of 3000 :)

I came across a lot of red-yellow-red-flaggers and while there are an awful lot of dirty ones around there are also quite a lot of clean ones I raced. But I also met a lot of dirty idiots from a lot of other european countries, be it the ones that cut off their colors in case of war and remain with a white flag or the ones which once lived in two countries separated by something Ronald Dumb is trying to build at the Mexican border :dunce:

DRIVERS OF A CERTAIN COUNTRY WEAR THEIR COLOURS WITH PRIDE.

6206031830068494857_23.jpg
5053135614634919449_23.jpg
5909360501019640345_23.jpg
7286841797881398289_23.jpg
7359542604054135305_23.jpg

As a community, we really need to stop this "dirty" driving narrative. There are very, VERY, few drivers that are actually dirty, in other words, drivers that are intentionally using tactics to take out other drivers. The reason being that being dirty takes time and, ultimately, is counter productive.

However, there are MANY MANY MANY aggressive drivers. Aggression and impatience tends to coincide with experience level.

Is there a tendency for drivers from latin countries, or of latin decent to be aggressive. Of course. Myself included. Is there a tendency for people who like to race vehicles to be aggressive, yes. Of that, 90+% of us are guilty.

I have not seen irresponsible drivers from any country at the high A and S levels. Below Mid A and down the ranks, for sure they are there.

There is no way any of us can tell which opponent is going to be the overconfident yet under skilled driver until it's too late. As much as this will sting a bunch of people, the best way to predict which driver is going to be that threat is the DR letter, not the national flag.

Doesn‘t have much to do with the country. Many of the cleanest drivers I encountered are from the UK, and most agree that the UK drivers are rather clean, yet the biggest asshole of them all also comes from the UK - and it has nothing to do with inexperience, that idiot being an S/S driver.
I got some of the cleanest drivers around on my friends list from Spain, Germany, UK and France, and at the same time I encountered morons that got my blood boiling from the same countries.

As a community, we really need to stop this "dirty" driving narrative. There are very, VERY, few drivers that are actually dirty, in other words, drivers that are intentionally using tactics to take out other drivers. The reason being that being dirty takes time and, ultimately, is counter productive.

However, there are MANY MANY MANY aggressive drivers. Aggression and impatience tends to coincide with experience level.

Is there a tendency for drivers from latin countries, or of latin decent to be aggressive. Of course. Myself included. Is there a tendency for people who like to race vehicles to be aggressive, yes. Of that, 90+% of us are guilty.

I have not seen irresponsible drivers from any country at the high A and S levels. Below Mid A and down the ranks, for sure they are there.

There is no way any of us can tell which opponent is going to be the overconfident yet under skilled driver until it's too late. As much as this will sting a bunch of people, the best way to predict which driver is going to be that threat is the DR letter, not the national flag.
Very well stated.

Very true, yet I find DR.A drivers over all a lot more aggressive and taking unnecessary risks than DR.B drivers. You can't see if someone is low, mid, or high DR.A. The biggest threat is a laggy DR.A player. They feel they have the skill to drive bumper to bumper and then their lag takes you out, turns a slight nudge into a punt. DR.B usually leaves some distance.

On the NA server, South Americans are on the bad end of the lag spectrum, which can easily turn aggressive yet clean driving into perceived dirty driving. The game needs to handle lag better, yet people driving with lag should also be aware that driving bumper to bumper right up to the braking point has a high chance of bumping the other car on their screen without suffering any effects of it themselves. If you suddenly see a car go wide in front of you, it might not be the psychological pressure you applied, instead an actual bump that only happened on their side.

For example, here I'm following a 3 bar and 1 bar connection. It looks like the first car does a brake check, yet I'm sure they simply lagged into each other causing an instant block.
3EbSAwa.gif

The brazilian behind me came of the worst as his lag increased the effect of my slowing down and he spun off the road.

Americans? Yeah, it's always Americans. Every dirty driver I've ever met is an American.

It's probably cultural, yes, like they think ramming you off the road is free speech - they'd probably shoot you if they could and claim it was a second amendment right. Either that or they just can't drive - they just have pointless straight roads out in the country, and dumb grids in the city. And their speed limits are really low, like 55mph or some rubbish. No wonder all their motorsports are just like drive straight for 440 yards (and they can't even do that without dying, so now it's 1,000 feet), or just drive at 200mph and go left a bit for four hours until everyone else crashes.

See how that works? Yeah, don't be that guy.

Oh, all of the above is really quite obviously sarcasm, but just in case...

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Proud American here, wanna see my gun??? :D:D:D Yeah I know, the world hates us Americans, but lets be real, who do they call when they need help or money? :confused::confused::confused::confused: Like most other people of the world sometimes I wish the US would ignore these cries for help, just like they ask.

P.S. The only reason people are offended by what others say is because they choose to be. Remember, if you are offended by something I say that is a choice that you consciously make. 20 years ago we didnt have people who were "offended" by everything that someone did. If I wanted to join that club I would be offended that you are offended. (That is not directed at anyone in particular)

It would be comical to watch you walking around in Brazil. I would laugh so loud! I doubt you'd be so eager to share your thoughts about us there though.

I'm done. This thread really triggered me.

Wait a minute, you are defending Brazilians and talking about someone walking around Brazil but yet you have a Canadian flag, what gives???? Are you from Brazil or Canada? If you are from Brazil why do you display the flag of Canada????

I've spent a lot (a three digit number of races) of time in low SR daily races and a pattern definitely exists. Not once have I been taken out by a Brit, a German, a Swede, a Pole, not even a Russian. Even accidentally.

On the other hand I've watched more than a dozen replays after suspicious situations and the results are clear - if we're in 4th gear, nearly redlining, coming into a 3rd gear corner and the :censored:head behind me is still at full throttle when hitting my rear bumper while I've braked for two seconds or so and shifted down once, that's not a missed braking point. Especially when they correct their line just before the impact to ensure the hit comes as far to the inside as possible to maximise the PIT manoeuvre effect. With the exception of one or two cases, it's always the same flag next to the driver's name. Judging by the general opinion it's one mighty coincidence that has been going on for three months now and nothing more.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!! Proud American here, wanna see my gun??? :D:D:D Yeah I know, the world hates us Americans, but lets be real, who do they call when they need help or money? :confused::confused::confused::confused: Like most other people of the world sometimes I wish the US would ignore these cries for help, just like they ask.

P.S. The only reason people are offended by what others say is because they choose to be. Remember, if you are offended by something I say that is a choice that you consciously make. 20 years ago we didnt have people who were "offended" by everything that someone did. If I wanted to join that club I would be offended that you are offended. (That is not directed at anyone in particular)

If you only knew how many people actually wanted Americans not to interfere in other’s politics. Not only them, but the USSR and Russia and China. They’ve influenced Latin America for decades and polarized our politics. Made us fight amongst ourselves. You can still see this polarization today in Latin America.

And... people were always offended. The offenders just didn’t care.

Sorry to get kind of off topic.

Last edited:
Eh? It'd be hard to find someone now who is "offended by everything that someone did".

I am assuming you are being sarcastic??:eek: It seems that 90% of the people are offended by something that someone did.

If you only knew how many people actually wanted Americans not to interfere in other’s politics. Not only them, but the USSR and Russia and China. They’ve influenced Latin America for decades and polarized our politics. Made us fight amongst ourselves. You can still see this polarization today in Latin America.

And... people were always offended. The offenders just didn’t care.

Sorry to get kind of off topic.

Yeah I dont know all of the political situations but there are many times that the US is asked for help with some countries issues or some country needs money so they look to the US. I dont think there are many situations if any where the US just barges in and starts problem solving without being asked by the local leaders for help, dont you think that would be a little odd if that was the case????

I dont think there are many situations if any where the US just barges in and starts problem solving without being asked by the local leaders for help, dont you think that would be a little odd if that was the case????

Indeed, that would be odd...
I mean it IS odd.

If you want one example of how Latin America is trashed by outside politics and some insiders, watch The Cuba Libre Story. It tells a lot about their internal struggles and what outsiders thought about how to solve their problems.

Can we delete this thread? I can’t seem to stop talking here and it’s way off GT Sport topics.

Last edited:
@fastone371 Nope. I was just trying to figure out if you really think people didn't get offended 20 years ago. Amazingly, you do.
I dont think there are many situations if any where the US just barges in and starts problem solving without being asked by the local leaders for help, dont you think that would be a little odd if that was the case????
The CIA admits involvement in at least seven regime changes around the world. It's likely there were many more. Many have led to misery for the people of those countries.

Every one calling racism is denying reality . I would bet my life the metrics of every country are different . Once again as a group, trends emerge . This can not be applied to an individual from that group.
Also country's are not races . Not every Hispanic country is racially homogeneous , some are of African decent, native American and some are Caucasian . In the United States and England , there are multiple ethnic and racial groups .
I swear some of you people have an irrational fear of racism and are quick to make non racial issues racial . Wake up , not every culture / country / ethnic group is the same . Some country's like F1 and others like Nascar , is that racist ? Some contrys favor technical driving and others favor aggressive driving FACT , disprove it with data , the numbers won't match up because differences in a group exist . Are there individuals in said country's that go against the norm , yes .
I understand why 58% of people at college fail statistical methodologies . The concept of a group and an individual are irationaly tied in your mind . Groups are not individuals and individuals are not groups . What is true for a group is not neciceraly true for a individual within it or vice versa . People crying racism can't get that concept through their thick skulls .

Every one calling racism is denying reality . I would bet my life the metrics of every country are different . Once again as a group, trends emerge . This can not be applied to an individual from that group.
Also country's are not races . Not every Hispanic country is racially homogeneous , some are of African decent, native American and some are Caucasian . In the United States and England , there are multiple ethnic and racial groups .
I swear some of you people have an irrational fear of racism and are quick to make non racial issues racial . Wake up , not every culture / country / ethnic group is the same . Some country's like F1 and others like Nascar , is that racist ? Some contrys favor technical driving and others favor aggressive driving FACT , disprove it with data , the numbers won't match up because differences in a group exist . Are there individuals in said country's that go against the norm , yes .
I understand why 58% of people at college fail statistical methodologies . The concept of a group and an individual are irationaly tied in your mind . Groups are not individuals and individuals are not groups . What is true for a group is not neciceraly true for a individual within it or vice versa . People crying racism can't get that concept through their thick skulls .

Don’t bet your life please.

And racism can certainly be used to describe prejudice and discrimination based on nationality.

Where are the statistics?

No, I am not being "racist" at all. National origin/culture is not a race.

Depends on who you ask. The Equality Act of 2010 (UK) has the following definition:

“Race includes—

(a)colour;

(b)nationality;

(c)ethnic or national origins.”

Please don't throw around inflammatory accusations like that without concrete proof to back them up.

Funny, isn’t that the whole point of this thread?

And what's the point of making distinctions between nations/cultures if we cannot talk about them in generalized terms? As long as we concede that such generalizations are imperfect, which I did, then what's the problem?

The problem is that these kinds of generalisations often leads to prejudice, discrimination and sometimes self-fulfilling prophecy. Not to mention that it’s insulting to have somebody judge you based on what groups they put you in.

If someone said, "Americans tend to place more value on gun rights than other countries do." Would that be a "racist" statement? Of course not.

That’s not a judgemental statement though and it’s not something that is likely to cause discrimination.

Try this instead: “Americans tend to be aggressive.”

So why would it be "racist" to say that drivers from a certain country or culture tend to be more aggressive ON AVERAGE? Answer: It's not.

Answer: Because you are judging people based on their nationality.

Last edited:
Yes, the OP is so sure everything he’s saying can not come across as racist / prejudiced that he has to say “certain country” instead of naming the country.
And you could try to get trends from different countries all day, but you’re still forgetting that the player base in Brazil, my country, is really small. Both, compared to GTS player base and to Brazil’s population. So you can’t actually use this “reality” based in one’s skewed experience in one game to generalize our behaviour.

If we’re gonna throw rocks without proof, I’m gonna say Americans have the highest number of jerks playing, because they have the biggest player base. That means, they are probably causing problems to a lot more players than Brazilians.

Let’s just say Americans have the tendency to **** others games up and then complain a lot about the others.

Be sincere, tell me how you like it?

Last edited:
Some country's like F1 and others like Nascar , is that racist ?
Nope, it's true. TV viewing figures can back this up. Do you see how statistics work? Evidence is collected and documented. To find out the dirtiest drivers in GT we would need to collect the evidence. Without it biases skew the results, as we can see by the number of countries accused of being the dirtiest. It's likely someone is right, as would happen if we all just took a guess, but not everyone can be.

Don’t bet your life please.

And racism can certainly be used to describe prejudice and discrimination based on nationality.

Where are the statistics?

Depends on who you ask. The Equality Act of 2010 (UK) has the following definition:

“Race includes—

(a)colour;

(b)nationality;

(c)ethnic or national origins.”

Funny, isn’t that the whole point of this thread?

The problem is that these kinds of generalisations often leads to prejudice, discrimination and sometimes self-fulfilling prophecy. Not to mention that it’s insulting to have somebody judge you based on what groups they put you in.

That’s not a judgemental statement though and it’s not something that is likely to cause discrimination.

Try this instead: “Americans tend to be aggressive.”

Answer: Because you are judging people based on their nationality.
The equality act does not match the biological ( and true ) metric of race based on genetic sequences used by medicine to identify hereditary illnesses . The UK just tossed a dude in jail for making a dog hail Hittler as a joke . Acording to that act , two brothers born in different country's aren't the same " race " .

The equality act does not match the biological ( and true ) metric of race based on genetic sequences used by medicine to identify hereditary illnesses . The UK just tossed a dude in jail for making a dog hail Hittler as a joke . Acording to that act , two brothers born in different country's aren't the same " race " .
There is no biological and true measure of race. Its entirely made up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back