DS4 snap countersteer lock (read OP)

No problems with racecars without TCS,

Road cars RWD are a disaster for me when completely standard...... cant get a clean lap with the RS over the Nordchleife without changing tyres to soft ar racing hard........ it could be me but i find it a bit to hard for my liking strange steering feel and allot of oversteer same with M4 etc!

giphy.gif
congratz... now drive like this other cars at other tracks all day and do a summary how many skids like this you actually caught and how many you didn't

I'm assuming this thread is relating to motion steering, rather than the toggle? Because I've personally found steering with the toggle easier than any other GT game. Could just be me.

congratz... now drive like this other cars at other tracks all day and do a summary how many skids like this you actually caught and how many you didn't

The ease of catching a high speed oversteer in the beta was highly unrealistic, especially when most of it just involved holding the analogue stick all the way in the opposite direction until the car auto-settles itself. Basically felt like an arcade game. I'm not sure why anyone would want to go back to that. I've caught a bunch of oversteers in my vids posted in screenshot/vids thread in various cars. It looks some some people are flicking the control stick all the way to a lock for an oversteer that didn't need such drastic measures. For several oversteers even before this patch you can just flick half a quarter to halfway of the analogue stick in countersteer direction and that wouldn't cause your car to suddenly snap oversteer in that direction. The steering doesn't feel unresponsive, if anything I agree more with SavageEvil's description.

The ease of catching a high speed oversteer in the beta was highly unrealistic, especially when most of it just involved holding the analogue stick all the way in the opposite direction until the car auto-settles itself. Basically felt like an arcade game. I'm not sure why anyone would want to go back to that. I've caught a bunch of oversteers in my vids posted in screenshot/vids thread in various cars. It looks some some people are flicking the control stick all the way to a lock for an oversteer that didn't need such drastic measures. For several oversteers even before this patch you can just flick half a quarter to halfway of the analogue stick in countersteer direction and that wouldn't cause your car to suddenly snap oversteer in that direction. The steering doesn't feel unresponsive, if anything I agree more with SavageEvil's description.
What SavageEvil describe is spot on if not all. Now PD need to test them self seriously. I really don't think is a simple sensitive can solve it as i mentioned before the patch.

I consider myself a good driver I was able to catch all of these fails in the closed beta or GT6. Controller sensitivity 7.

Issue still not fixed, I tried it early this morning and the same over-sensitivity of the DS4 when you lose traction is still there.

@Lord Protector, What you're experiencing as lag is actually your steering input being read too acute.

I've played the update and I think it's great, but a thought to these above - have you tried turning the sensitivity back down, or even down to -1,-2 etc.?

If the issues you're facing are going from lock to lock too quickly and not having progressive inputs, then turning down the sensitivity should help, no?

Apologies if you've tried this already, but worth a go I'd say.

Drifting is fixed but as others have said it still seems that high speed corrections are exaggerated at times. I am going to try lower sensitivity settings but I have got so used to the fast turn in that it may take some time to get used to.

Believe he means from the cockpit view, you can get a good idea of a player's inputs from that.
Actually it's a lot easier in interior view. Probably because I can see the driver's hands so I can get an idea what he's doing (what I am not doing). I don't drive in interior view though.

It feels like it's improved some, but linking fast transition drifts together is still hard. No more crazy high speed backwards entries either, seems like once you get past a certain degree of angle the steering starts to center, where as GT5-6 it applied more lock with more angle. Also the E-brake on a lot of cars is really slow and weak, some cars have no E-brake at all.

It feels like it's improved some, but linking fast transition drifts together is still hard. No more crazy high speed backwards entries either, seems like once you get past a certain degree of angle the steering starts to center, where as GT5-6 it applied more lock with more angle. Also the E-brake on a lot of cars is really slow and weak, some cars have no E-brake at all.
yeah the angle you are able to go in is pathetic.

No problems with racecars without TCS,

Road cars RWD are a disaster for me when completely standard...... cant get a clean lap with the RS over the Nordchleife without changing tyres to soft ar racing hard........ it could be me but i find it a bit to hard for my liking strange steering feel and allot of oversteer same with M4 etc!

So weird to hear stuff like that because same cars for me was just amazing to drive before update and after too.
But m4 i dont like how it looses traction at all. But all other little monsters i just love likr sls amg or jaguar , porsche , some slower ones like mustang and camaro just sounds great and handles for my taste great.

So weird to hear stuff like that because same cars for me was just amazing to drive before update and after too.
But m4 i dont like how it looses traction at all. But all other little monsters i just love likr sls amg or jaguar , porsche , some slower ones like mustang and camaro just sounds great and handles for my taste great.

Well yesterday i tried the RS again some longer its better then before indeed so i take it back for 70% haha

well it surely depends on how accurate and sensitive our fingers are, agree with that? :)

It wasn't meant to argue with you but I think for certain people it could make the difference and improve their smoothness. I agree with you on the accuracy part but that could also be said for a wheel. A wheel won't always win in the hands of the same user against those thumbsticks. It isn't black/white but one also has to realize it can take some time to adjust to motioncontrols when you have been playing with your thumbs for the last 20 years :)

I am a traditional d-pad , thumbstick player and motioncontrols where completely new for me. My smoothness has improved over the sticks (maybe because I am used to play with a wheel as well???) and I run faster and more steady laptimes than with those thumbsticks. For someone else that could be the other way around.

:cheers:

Update 1.05 includes this:

- The handling when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been improved

I haven't got a chance to test it how much improved it is, so if anyone can do a relevant test please post it here.

Update 1.05 includes this:

- The handling when using the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been improved

I haven't got a chance to test it how much improved it is, so if anyone can do a relevant test please post it here.

Just tried they improved the responsiveness, but the core problem still there which is not the problem of the controller as i mentioned many times, it is the nature of the physics, for drifting still sucks because there is a limit how much angle you can go in ( which is super limited especially on higher gear ). you still impossible to save a car when beyond drifting certain angle, and no high gear and speed drifting for many cars.

I can see now normal driving is already very good but for drifting.... nope still facepalm.

So yeah is the physics issue, they can stop fixing the controller try to change to focus on physics.

Just tried they improved the responsiveness, but the core problem still there which is not the problem of the controller as i mentioned many times, it is the nature of the physics, for drifting still sucks because there is a limit how much angle you can go in ( which is super limited especially on higher gear ). you still impossible to save a car when beyond drifting certain angle, and no high gear and speed drifting for many cars.

I can see now normal driving is already very good but for drifting.... nope still facepalm.

So yeah is the physics issue, they can stop fixing the controller try to change to focus on physics.

Thanks for the input but I don't think it's the physics issue. Again, it was perfect in the closed beta (not sure if you played it) so I assume it cannot be the physics. They didn't change do radically that it could messed up the controls this much.

Okay, maybe the core problem isn't solved yet, but at least there is an effort from PD to fix this issue, even though it is felt like baby steps, but at least there is changes and improvement. Imo they should give their focus to refined the driving and vehicle dynamics instead before adding more DLC and features (Hopefully they can do both, but I doubt it). Also hoping this issue get solved as possible cause I'm not gettimg this game yet.

I only use the pad for drifting, but one thing I did notice whilst tuning for that is the cars become significantly less snappy if you reduce the rear toe setting to 0.

I just tried drifting after the new update, I play with the DS4 and it feels great, it was trickier before, but its SIGNIFICANTLY easier now. Throttle modulation, and subtle steering are all key.

Back