DS4 snap countersteer lock (read OP)

This is not a GTS vs 'whatever' thread, and as such I've just had to clean the thread of a large number of posts that were from members who don't seem to understand that, or talk to each other in a civil manner.

The AUP is clear in these regards and any future failure to follow it will result in warning being issued to the members in question.

Sorry

I just played GT6 this weekend and it is completely 180 different in how it handles during a slide. Not sure how people are not noticing this. I can't imagine it being a case by case thing. I would like to see a video of you doing controlled slides in the Mercedes GT3. I am waiting for a fix for this before I buy it.

I'm not sure how PD decide what direction to go with the physics
I just played GT6 this weekend and it is completely 180 different in how it handles during a slide. Not sure how people are not noticing this. I can't imagine it being a case by case thing. I would like to see a video of you doing controlled slides in the Mercedes GT3. I am waiting for a fix for this before I buy it.

I think it's pretty important to identify precisely if it is the DS4 controller, or if it's the new physics that don't flatter anymore, or if more practice is required, or if it's a less than ideal setup, or if just isn't possible to slide at will in the cars of your choice and get away with it. I don't know what has influenced PD with their decision to go in the new direction, but going by the overall lap times, they have gone in the right one IMO, as I can almost say for certain that no one is exploiting the physics anymore which is much better for esports. I'm sure the cars you want to drift can be setup to do exactly that with more ease by making the rear much more forgiving.

I'm not sure how PD decide what direction to go with the physics

I think it's pretty important to identify precisely if it is the DS4 controller, or if it's the new physics that don't flatter anymore, or if more practice is required, or if it's a less than ideal setup, or if just isn't possible to slide at will in the cars of your choice and get away with it. I don't know what has influenced PD with their decision to go in the new direction, but going by the overall lap times, they have gone in the right one IMO, as I can almost say for certain that no one is exploiting the physics anymore which is much better for esports. I'm sure the cars you want to drift can be setup to do exactly that with more ease by making the rear much more forgiving.

Even with a Toyota 86 in the demo the control with a DS4 was broken, so it is not setup. It is also not practice, I tried very hard to figure it out and like I said before, it is not that it is hard, more like impossible. It also is not physics that don't flatter, it is more like broken physics or control, and with the DS4 as we are not seeing complaints about wheel control. You couldn't get a faster time by drifting in previous GT's so I don't think it has anything to do with fairness or exploits online. It also shouldn't have much to do with accurate lap times either being that most of those times would be clean laps.

I don't know about drifting but in terms of regular driving with the ds4 it is a night and day difference between the game now and the demo. Was borderline undriveable before and now much better. No more grandma driving just to stay on track.

I don't know about drifting but in terms of regular driving with the ds4 it is a night and day difference between the game now and the demo. Was borderline undriveable before and now much better. No more grandma driving just to stay on track.
How exactly?

Do you mean the countersteer snap problem (this thread) is better or something else?

And are you using all the same settings and assists as in the Demo?

Well in the demo any time the car would lose traction in the corner it would spin or if I tried to correct it would lurch back the other way. There was basically no way to control the car if I broke traction in the corner. Had to use tc2 at minimun and drive like an old lady to stay on track.

Now if I loose traction I can either drive through it or correct it and only loose a little time instead of a guaranteed spin. Down to tc 0 or 1 mostly. I've only ever used sensitivity 7 in the demo and now in the full game.

It's still there and the on screen steering position gauge is still not reading correctly, the driver hand position is still far off from accurate once you pass a certain angle. It's exactly as it was in the Demo only difference is PD applied something in there, not sure what it is but I can hold a drift a bit better still though it's still snappy and definitely not ideal since Drifting will be far too hard like this. Catching out of control cars is still a problem, so they are most likely assessing the problem and I hope they fix the HUD incorrect reading and driver hand positions as well as the DS4 input sensitivity. Until then I can't say it's par for the course since if you lose control you'll wipe out more often than not.

Another thing I noticed unrelated to this is one of the missions felt like I was on a totally vicious physics engine or something, my car was unwieldy as hell and I tightened up the suspension and tried the same settings in arcade mode, braking distance was more or less the same but the car movement wasn't so horrific. Will try this again to make sure I'm not experiencing some sort of placebo effect from driving one too many race built machines.

Edit; Stage 2 Mission Challenge 3.

Last edited:
Can anyone say how it feels today as compared to the closed beta? I'm wondering if it is the same as the beta now or somewhere in between the beta and the demo.

Guys i spent sometime now drifting with different cars with different setting, i think is not the DS4 problem is more like the physics mess up. drive a LB huracan with assist off you won't even need to counter steering with full throttle, when over steering, it just won't spin out in other hand GT86 if spin out you won't able to save it.

Last edited:
omg, I will not buy this game before they fix this!

Im playing gt 5 at the moment, thats a hell of good game and its pretty sad that we have been waiting forever for this game, and they changed the steering inputs from the closed beta. What the hell is happening kaz?

Guys i spent sometime now drifting with different cars with different setting, i think is not the DS4 problem is more like the physics mess up. drive a LB huracan with assist off you won't even need to counter steering with full throttle, when over steering, it just won't spin out in other hand GT86 if spin out you won't able to save it.
Me great if you could post some vids to show your findings.

I used my controller yesterday for a while and had no problems with it, It did seem to make the rally racing 40 times easier. But I noticed that you couldn't turn the wheels too far and understeer... unless there was a setting i missed.
I changed nothing, and i believe it kept the aids off.

I used my controller yesterday for a while and had no problems with it, It did seem to make the rally racing 40 times easier. But I noticed that you couldn't turn the wheels too far and understeer... unless there was a setting i missed.
I changed nothing, and i believe it kept the aids off.

Yeah in racing it is amazing, but when comes to drift it is awful because drifting require you to get oversteer and consistently counter steering with throttle to keep cars going. the problem need to focus is mainly for drifting.

Last edited:
So its fixed now? Some say it did some say it didnt, only for ds4 users comment please.
An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of features:

Main Features
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly deleting your email address from [Options] > [Email Address] would cause the game to crash;
- Fixed an issue where participating in a Drift Trial with a car featuring an exterior livery created with a custom color chip (a color chip created in the Livery editor) would result in the game crashing after the result screen;
- Fixed an issue where excessive force feedback was applied when understeering using the THRUSTMASTER® T500RS steering controller;
- Fixed -an issue wherein the THRUSTMASTER® TH8A 'H pattern shifter' was not properly recognized when connected to a compatible steering wheel controller.

Other improvements and adjustments
- The controller steering sensitivity of the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been increased in order to improve handling during oversteering and drifting;
- The adjustment range for a steering wheel controller's force feedback has been broadened: it is now possible to decrease maximum torque on steering wheels with strong motor torque.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list of features:

Main Features
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly deleting your email address from [Options] > [Email Address] would cause the game to crash;
- Fixed an issue where participating in a Drift Trial with a car featuring an exterior livery created with a custom color chip (a color chip created in the Livery editor) would result in the game crashing after the result screen;
- Fixed an issue where excessive force feedback was applied when understeering using the THRUSTMASTER® T500RS steering controller;
- Fixed -an issue wherein the THRUSTMASTER® TH8A 'H pattern shifter' was not properly recognized when connected to a compatible steering wheel controller.

- The controller steering sensitivity of the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller has been increased in order to improve handling during oversteering and drifting;
- The adjustment range for a steering wheel controller's force feedback has been broadened: it is now possible to decrease maximum torque on steering wheels with strong motor torque.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!
Ayy! Happy with this patch, gonna hop on in a second and see how the DS4 feels.

Main Features

I know this so i ask again; is it fixed since some say it did and some say it didnt

First impressions, much, MUCH improved. So much easier to control slides now. I used the SLS on Sports Hard tyres and went wild, only spun when I made a driver error like applying too much throttle. You will still spin if you overcook it, but that's true for anything.

That one second lag when the wheel is at full lock now only exists at a standstill, meaning it's pretty much gone. I think the faster you go, the smaller that 'lag' window gets.

Very happy. Gonna attach a video soon.

Ayy! Happy with this patch, gonna hop on in a second and see how the DS4 feels.
First impressions, much, MUCH improved. So much easier to control slides now. I used the SLS on Sports Hard tyres and went wild, only spun when I made a driver error like applying too much throttle. You will still spin if you overcook it, but that's true for anything.

That one second lag when the wheel is at full lock now only exists at a standstill, meaning it's pretty much gone. I think the faster you go, the smaller that 'lag' window gets.

Very happy. Gonna attach a video soon.
:cheers: thanks :D I am very eager to try it after work

Back