DS4 snap countersteer lock (read OP)

I tried the M4 without any aids and I found it undriveable. As soon as I was trying to correct a bit of oversteer, the car would countersteer way too much and the car would go right in to the wall. Weird.

Ok, not sure what they were thinking, but when I’m fully countersteering, it gets stuck like this for about half a second after I’ve stopped countersteering. I mean, if I fully countersteer for a second, it will fully countersteer for like 1.5 second, if I fully countersteer for half a second, it will do it for a second. That means it is absolutly impossible to do small correction and pretty much impossible to hold a slide.

Practice and you'll get better isn't a solution to the potential problem of unresponsiveness with the DS4 nor does it really add to the discussion . I think most of us would rather see people talking about the issue and trying to discover it's source and possible workarounds as opposed to ignoring it and trying to adapt to something you don't like or want.
Yes, it is a solution, maybe not the solution

So you haven’t even played it with a DS4,yet this is what the entire thread is about? That’s rich, I have, and after I practiced I got better. The game provides sensitivity options to tweak, and if those aren’t enough then perhaps some feedback to the developers is in order. There’s another solution for you.

Yes, it is a solution, maybe not the solution

So you haven’t even played it with a DS4,yet this is what the entire thread is about? That’s rich, I have, and after I practiced I got better. The game provides sensitivity options to tweak, and if those aren’t enough then perhaps some feedback to the developers is in order. There’s another solution for you.
What is rich about it? I'm not offering any opinions on the feedback one way or the other but I am an interested consumer. Is it OK with you if I continue to try and further the discussion beyond "just get used to it" or is that also too rich for you?

Finally had a go myself and whilst I'd still put the driving in the 'fun' category, the reduction in steering speed was immediately noticeable, and I'm having to drive around it. There's also something a bit odd-feeling with steering when the stick is near-centred, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is yet (it's only a minor thing anyway).

It's weird they've made this change when they already had a slider that could accommodate pretty much any steering sensitivity you wanted........feels like that slider needs to go up to 10 now!

This is currently pretty much giving me flashbacks to pCARS. I remember there being an option in the previous Beta that made the game play so well on the DS4.

However
, I can't for my life remember what the hell that setting was called. Controller/driving method? Anyone?

so anyone with twitter account please do tweet kaz about this... this is all wrong... been doing a 30 lap endurance mission and got screwed in last lap, almost didn't win because of the ridiculous counter controlling... I feel like I'm playing project cars, which I absolutely hate because of controls

so anyone with twitter account please do tweet kaz about this... this is all wrong... been doing a 30 lap endurance mission and got screwed in last lap, almost didn't win because of the ridiculous counter controlling... I feel like I'm playing project cars, which I absolutely hate because of controls
Yep countersteer is nearly the exact copy of PC2 right now.

MXH
This is currently pretty much giving me flashbacks to pCARS. I remember there being an option in the previous Beta that made the game play so well on the DS4.

However
, I can't for my life remember what the hell that setting was called. Controller/driving method? Anyone?
controller sensitivity... you can turn it up to 7 but it's not enough.. not even close to beta..
Yep countersteer is nearly the exact copy of PC2 right now.

it cannot stay this way :( it just can't

controller sensitivity... you can turn it up to 7 but it's not enough.. not even close to beta..
The controller in the previous Beta was a tad too twitchy/sensitive for my taste. I think the option had three choices. Was it Active Steering perhaps?

I’ve got the sensitivity up to 3 and it drives fine. Then again I don’t have the beta or PC2 to reference which sounds like a god thing.

It looks they just slowed down controller wheel turning to match a real life wheel turn rate, so you can't go instant on/off.
Just to even the balance between wheel users and pad users

I played with both a wheel and DS4 tonight and playing with a DS4 did not feel good. Takes an age to go from lock to lock even with sensitivity turned way up. I didn't use the DS4 in the beta, was it the same. FM7 has much better feel on the pad. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Why is it that ever racing game after 2012's Hot Pursuit has to have this laggy steering effect to mimic real steering ratios?

Analog sticks don't have a lot of play, as most of the time it's all or nothing with inputs. You're fighting the steering effect more than you are the car. The only two racing games that got it right was Forza and GT, ...and we may have just lost one!

I tried the M4 without any aids and I found it undriveable. As soon as I was trying to correct a bit of oversteer, the car would countersteer way too much and the car would go right in to the wall. Weird.

Ok, not sure what they were thinking, but when I’m fully countersteering, it gets stuck like this for about half a second after I’ve stopped countersteering. I mean, if I fully countersteer for a second, it will fully countersteer for like 1.5 second, if I fully countersteer for half a second, it will do it for a second. That means it is absolutly impossible to do small correction and pretty much impossible to hold a slide.

Here is a video to try to show the issue.

Had this same problem. Everything else feels sublime except when correcting. I just turned down the controller sensitivity for now.

Another frustrating thing is they've also reduced the responsiveness of the throttle, so there's a bit of lag when using the right trigger too. And there's not even a slider at all to adjust that......

I'd be interested to know how all the alien DS4 users here are coping - I imagine that they in particular won't be pleased with these changes!

The steering goes full lock and doesn’t come out of full lock fast enough to be able to correct. Even when you’re not sliding the steering feels very sluggish.

Ah, now I see what the big fuss is about. Hadn't reached full opposite lock until now..........I cannot fathom what's going on here.

The countersteering speed doesn't seem any worse than the regular steering speed, and the slow response of it all is one thing, but to have the steering hang entirely at full lock........I'm having a hard time believing this was intentional.

IMO comparing this to the various controller issues of PCARS, or indeed any other game, isn't doing it justice - it's such a bizarre and specific problem. I can't say I've encountered anything like it before.

I got the platinum in GT5 and GT6 on a controller. I can't correct slides in GTS. Something's broken, hopefully it's an easy fix.

Already post the issues to Kaz. This is quite concerning since GT is a game that have good controller response. That's how I spent my time back in GT4.

Screenshot_20171010-052612_1.jpg

Yeah this is the first thing I noticed. I like to have direct input with my controller. Its impossibble to counter steer at the moment. Makes me wish I had my wheel back!

I really hope this gets fixed. I don't have adequate room for a steering wheel and I am on the verge of cancelling my order because this just sucks

Glad to see I’m not the only one who was experiencing it. While drifting might not be possible in the demo, I can definetly say that quality racing is possible. Just completed the 30 lap enduro and wow. Easily the most fun I’ve had racing AI and on a DS4. I’m willing to bet the countersteering issue will be corrected by the time the full game comes out

Experiencing the same issues. Drifting is close to impossible. I was going to say there is a very small margin for error but its more like there is a very small margin for success! With the Alfa 4c for example I can be gentle enough to get 80% of turns down (small drift angle though), but with the M4 the slightest counter-steer throws you around. Also there is that lag when you go full lock, its super weird. GT games have always felt great in this aspect to me, and as others put it this more like PCars which is not a good thing.

I'd have to agree and disappointed that DS4 controls are not what it used to be (per previous GT games), esp. apparent on the Stadium track with really tight/sharp corners. I remember being able to do smooth slides/turns but now it's way too easy to spin out!

Maybe GTSport is catering more to players with steering wheels (are they the majority? I don't intend getting one), really hope PD looks into addressing this issue urgently...

Back