DS9 - Power of Elegance - Presentation

Looks rather fantastic. The first DS I actually like since they split from Citroen. Is it a rebodied 508?

Looks rather fantastic. The first DS I actually like since they split from Citroen. Is it a rebodied 508?

They seem to share the same CMP platform and enginerange from PSA afaik. This machine is far more luxurious though. It's DS's 3th fully own car without intervention of Citroën (DS7 and DS3 Crossback).

way less convincing design than the 508 is based on. That front end dont do much to hide the long front overhang, the styling is a mess like on most DS models. The direction they took is totally random and more ready for the chinese taste than the european.

Last edited:
Forgive me, but the front is very Hyundai/Honda S660. The overall design/silhouette, I'd put it up there with my favorite sedans of all time: the 1st gen A4 and Honda Accord Euro. It'll still look perfect through the years.

Forgive me, but the front is very Hyundai/Honda S660. The overall design/silhouette, I'd put it up there with my favorite sedans of all time: the 1st gen A4 and Honda Accord Euro. It'll still look perfect through the years.
wait, you think this DS9 is as good as those cars you mention, did i get it right?

This is the version for the EU market! Only its assembly is done in China.

Correction : car will indeed be released on Chinese market first and after it will launch on EU market (october 2020).

The only thing this car has in common with the 508(L) is its CMP2 platform. The rest is pure design by DS. That's what the latest info seems to be saying.

The chromebar on the bonnet is a reference to the cars of the 30'ies and the bar has some nice détails (clous de Paris). Also the logo changes depending on the version that has been chosen.

The car is really well thought out and they hope to get it going saleswise. There seems to be an SUV-fatigue so it could surprise....

Wait and see!

Back