Jaguar XJ220 Appears in Gran Turismo Presentation by Kazunori Yamauchi

• Thread starter Famine
  • 101 comments
Oh yes yes !
Xj220 / F40 / Mclaren F1

I hope PD will also add in a future the Porsche 959 to complète the 90's supercars line-up
Apart from that the F40 and 959 came out in the 80's and are therefore 80's supercars?

They didn't; Gremlin made Lotus, Core made Jaguar. They looked very similar (and there were GT/Forza-level debates on whether Jaguar XJ220 or Lotus - by then Lotus 3 - was best) but since Core was made up of ex-Gremlin employees that's probably not an accident...

I think I have an original box for one of the Lotus games around here somewhere (which is a rarity given how many people's Amiga collections were on blue discs with handwritten pen labels)...

Xcopy pro...

Hopefully we get this at some point:

1991-Jaguar-XJR-15-_0.jpg

And the game will let us swap it's V12 into the XJ220, to give it the engine it deserves, sans the concept cars 4WD.

Last edited:
Hopefully we get this at some point:

View attachment 1217994

And the game will let us swap it's V12 into the XJ220, to give it the engine it deserves, sans the concept cars 4WD.
Fun fact, TWR were developing and building both at the same time (out of the shared JaguarSport facility) and the story goes that they had to hide the XJR-15 development cars and under no circumstances fire them up while XJ220 customers were visiting out of fear they'd see or - very obviously - hear the V12 and cancel the XJ220 order, given the number of already cancelled orders when the production model was revealed as a V6TT RWD car instead of a V12 AWD & AWS car...

Regarding some members wanting the XJ220.

Exactly why I posted the other cars. Even though PD probably do look at the suggestions, many members haven't Liked the more popular cars that people are talking about.

Another example: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/lamborghini-espada-s3-1972.318192/

Less than 85 likes, yet, seems that PD have modeled one. for(possibly) GT Sport. We all know posting and Liking a suggestion is no guarantee, but if the community start to ramp up the likes on the more popular cars, maybe PD designers take more notice.

Fun fact, TWR were developing and building both at the same time (out of the shared JaguarSport facility) and the story goes that they had to hide the XJR-15 development cars and under no circumstances fire them up while XJ220 customers were visiting out of fear they'd see or - very obviously - hear the V12 and cancel the XJ220 order, given the number of already cancelled orders when the production model was revealed as a V6TT RWD car instead of a V12 AWD & AWS car...
Thanks. I am aware of that fact. Seems like Jaguar top brass has never had any real faith in top of the range, halo/super cars.

Even this C-X75, which was originally intended for production, was instead reduced to 5 working prototypes:

jaguar-c-x75-for-sale.jpg

At the very least, the design cues from the C-X75 did influence the look of the first generation production F-Type.

Let's be honest, it's not a looker and will probably handle like a whale - but still want it.
I'm just looking forward to the potential scenario of:

• Hearing it without a pitched down Toyota GT-One Engine sample it had since GT2
  • Hopefully recreating a certain car (Well, 2 cars technically if its even possible)
I predict a blizzard of Fast Masters liveries.

Have to wonder how much of the player base will even remember this being a thing. The amount of the more niche liveries or series that haven't been created despite the cars being present is kinda shocking.

Those certainly won't be the liveries I'm gonna be recreating if I can get GT7 before then

26.%2BJaguar%2BXJ220%2B%25281999%2BCoys%2529.jpg

14581104889_3c4181b812_b.jpg

Glad to know this car is probably in the works.

Since GT2 that it has been a car with a bit of a fanbase by itself, and was one of the icons of the early 90's supercars. If PD adds the 959 and the EB110, we'll have all of those tasty late-80s/early-90s poster supercars (alongside F1 and F40).

As expected, yeah, I don't find the rear of this car to be very appealing, but other than that? It's beautiful. As far as prices go, the early Gran Turismos already had it at more or less the price it's supposed to have, between 500-700k.

Last edited:
My dad gave me a 1:18 scale model of the XJ220 as a Christmas present like 30 years ago. I still remember unwrapping the gift and thinking it looked weirder than good. I must have been 5 years old and the Ferrari F40 was everything back then. It took me around 20 years to start appreciating the XJ220 design despite glancing at the scale model every so often. I wouldn’t mind seeing it in GT7 soon.

Back