DT_C's Videos (Updated 10/22) *Goodbye...*

Mr. Apex
Yeah yeah yeah. Just wait 'till monday! I bet I'll figure it out all by myself on the
WEEKEND

Lost me own bet. Duh. :crazy:

Thanks to Glubags & DR for throwing a couple of breadcrumbs to the floor, so the mentally poor can survive. :)

Delphic Reason
Actually, you don't need to make sure the music is on... I always turn the music off, and I can keep camera angles for an indefinite amount of time... You just have to make sure you have the replay volume set at least to 1... If your replay music is set to the off position, the trick won't work... That's the key... You're absolutely correct about the rest...

That's actually incorrect. You can do it with the replay music volume at 0 (Off), so that's definitely not the key. The real key is to have at least one music track selected in your jukebox. Since it's impossible to turn the BGM off by pressing O in Dive mode, the game will always read music from the disc in Dive mode--regardless of volume setting. Set your replay music to "off" and you'll still see the track pop up in Dive mode--but only if you have tracks selected in your jukebox. The volume setting is inconsequential.

Besides, the music always goes off with the tray open, so of course you've always turned the BGM off. :sly:

Glubags
That's actually incorrect. You can do it with the replay music volume at 0 (Off), so that's definitely not the key. The real key is to have at least one music track selected in your jukebox. Since it's impossible to turn the BGM off by pressing O in Dive mode, the game will always read music from the disc in Dive mode--regardless of volume setting. Set your replay music to "off" and you'll still see the track pop up in Dive mode--but only if you have tracks selected in your jukebox. The volume setting is inconsequential.

Besides, the music always goes off with the tray open, so of course you've always turned the BGM off. :sly:

Absolutely correct...

;)

New As of 8/21*
XLink - TFIRD (39.4MB - 7:38)

Mostly just trying to tail LifeWater
th_WaveyOZ.gif
and keep him in my general viewing area. Nothing perfect or ridiculously fancy, just a pretty good practice session.

Not bad... It's nice to finally see LW drifting in Xlink...

On a personal note... I'm still having trouble getting much enjoyment out of Xlink vids... The lag makes it akin to watching grass grow... Good techniques though, just not exciting to watch... I hope you understand :nervous: ... I still love ya... :sly:

;)

I'd rather leave the videos as they are because it gives off the real-time XLink feel. It may be slow, but people are always asking what the lag is like, and how it effects drifting. It's more just to let them know its still entirely possible to hold a good line and long drifts with lag and stock cars...

Droptop_Chick
I'd rather leave the videos as they are because it gives off the real-time XLink feel. It may be slow, but people are always asking what the lag is like, and how it effects drifting. It's more just to let them know its still entirely possible to hold a good line and long drifts with lag and stock cars...

I agree... It's informative, just not very exciting to watch...

;)

Delphic Reason
I'm still having trouble getting much enjoyment out of Xlink vids... The lag makes it akin to watching grass grow... Good techniques though, just not exciting to watch... I hope you understand :nervous: ... I still love ya... :sly:
I agree and talked about this before. There are many xlink vids out there now and I think people are aware of the lag. It would be much more enjoyable if it was closer to a regular speed as if there were no lag. Good stuff no doubt, but my attention is quickly lost having to view everything in slow motion.

Nice to see Life's debut on xlink. :)

Delphic Reason
Not bad... It's nice to finally see LW drifting in Xlink...

On a personal note... I'm still having trouble getting much enjoyment out of Xlink vids... The lag makes it akin to watching grass grow... Good techniques though, just not exciting to watch... I hope you understand :nervous: ... I still love ya... :sly:

;)

TRi
I agree and talked about this before. There are many xlink vids out there now and I think people are aware of the lag. It would be much more enjoyable if it was closer to a regular speed as if there were no lag. Good stuff no doubt, but my attention is quickly lost having to view everything in slow motion.

Regarding the comments about xlink vids
. I can see some of your points about the slow mo, as an Xlink drifter myself, the solution I've found to keep the videos entertaining, which I hope I'm doing with mine is to display only clips with drifts, rather than full replays. Although this does require alot of editing time to clean up, I do this to hopefully answer to the feelings expressed here.

It does take a lot of work. We are doing it on the fly, one replay and thats all we get when xlinking. No chance for replaying the same run over. Sometimes its just simplier to record the whole thing :). Plus it shows consistency. Sometimes all the cuting and only displaying of drifted corners, leaves the audience wondering if the whole lap was done error free. This video served to answer that doubt... good drifts dtc and life.

In general editted or uneditted, I'm still interested at seeing xlink vids (as long as they display good drifting) than solo replays because I know the cars being displayed are untuned and each drifters technique/style shows in drifting tandem on xlink with stock cars. I say, keep producing xlink vids, but in respect for the lag, I would encourage some editing to maybe just showing highlights of the sessions. Hope this helps

Not to take anything away from the non xlinkers, but drifting stock, and online with multiple cars is more entertaining because the drifting is more dynamic with another car right next to you (Provided that all the drifters can keep up together)

Droptop_Chick
New As of 8/21*

th_WaveyOZ.gif
and keep him in my general viewing area. Nothing perfect or ridiculously fancy, just a pretty good practice session.

Good stuff, DT_C & LifeWater. You were really getting into the groove in the last lap.
Besides, after all this lag talk I was prepared for some ultra-laggadocio. But the lag wasn't too bad at all... I've seen worse in other vids on this forum. I think we are slowly becoming picky because of the high quality standards around here... heh, heh. :D

Droptop_Chick
New As of 8/21*

th_WaveyOZ.gif

:( Now I'm sad...I could've been in this vid....waaahhh!!!!

Good stuff guys. We'll have to keep doing this. Especially so I can get in on one! :sly:

i loved your eg6 vid at nurburing. just because it was awesome for that car:) also do you mind telling me what song was played first in the vid ??

Nice choice of cars.
The Seattle Circuit drifts you did with the Berlina S2000 was pretty crazy looking. :crazy: 👍 After the long right drift, you manjiied and got some hop in the rear and linked it up to finish the up coming right sweeper. This was good to see, because you manjiied very aggressively and it looked like you were going to loose it, but then swung it back and got a high angle entrance on the right corner. Alex Pheifer Style!!
I liked the ending, where you nail all those cones.
That reminds me, we gotta xlink on Seattle sometime, TOPLESS. :sly:

Downloading...

Good job, girl... I still think you need to smoothen out your countersteering a bit, but overall you have captured some nice drifts... The S2000 is a great car for drifting... It drifts in much the same way as a MR vehicle, because of the weight distribution...

;)

Back