DT_C's Videos (Updated 10/22) *Goodbye...*

Droptop_Chick
Even if the phsyics of the game have changed significantly, it doesn't warrant inability to do the same or near same things. Drifting is all about adaptation, adapt or die basically...

Sure, but it takes longer, and by the look of everyones vids (and I mean, EVERYONE), no one has really fully gotten the hang of it yet... I must say I was surprised when I watched all the vids... I was expecting so much, and didn't really see anything special... It's going to take quite a bit longer for everyone to get used to the physics enough to perform smooth well executed drifts, me thinks...

Still, you and Tri are by far my favorite GTP drifters... You guys (and girls...lol) seem to be doing better than the rest...

Keep up the good work...

;)

It will just take time. It took a pretty decent amount of time for gt3 drifting to get where it got. Things will get insane I'm sure. Now we have Xlink so now we got even more of a community and can actually learn together on the same playing field. Not to mention come out with some rad multiplayer shtuff.

Can we expect another IDM release? The last release is still on my desktop and viewed quite oftenly.

Oh yeah, sorry for the thread hijacking dtc.

TRi
It will just take time. It took a pretty decent amount of time for gt3 drifting to get where it got. Things will get insane I'm sure. Now we have Xlink so now we got even more of a community and can actually learn together on the same playing field. Not to mention come out with some rad multiplayer shtuff.

Actually, it didn't take very long... Most people were making huge links a few months after the game was out (GT3)... However, you're right about there being insane links on the horizon... I just made a few last night, so I know everything that was possible in GT3, is possible in GT4... We just have to get around a few bugs in GT4, that weren't present in GT3... (not to say, GT3 was more realistic)...

Can we expect another IDM release? The last release is still on my desktop and viewed quite oftenly.

You bet... Most all of the clips have been captured, and collected... So, the next IDM vid will be out soon.. Sadly though, I will not be editing it this time... I was gone for a few months, and another member took over the position of collecting and editing the clips... "IDM Video Magazine: Volume 3" will be edited by yours trully, but that's still a ways off...

Oh yeah, sorry for the thread hijacking dtc.

Yeah, I guess I'm partly responsible for that... Back to the subject...

;)

I made this for my homie Mr. Aristo6.
th_HeadBang.gif
Something fly to play in his car, to further distract him from actually driving. :embarrassed: What up B... ;)

More Aristo goodness at ARiSTO6.com

New As of 8/01*
ARiSTO6 - YouSendIt
ARiSTO6 - Rapidshare

Ahhhhh PUTS, such good beats. Kinda hard to enjoy the drifts with the funky camera angles but PUTS makes up for it. Nicely done. :D

w00t unchanging dive angles. also nice sliding action action action. i especially liked the last 2 of trial where ya came from the wall.

Lookin' good DT_C... It looks like you need to work on your countersteering a bit though... Very eradic steering, which only makes for eradic drifts...

It seems you figured out how to hold the camera angles... Shhh... don't tell anyone...

Just playin'...

Keep up the good work...

;)

Funky camera angles are for added bling factor. Bling bling...

Some of the erradic steering comes from being a D-padder. Tap tap tap...
It makes the steering look ackward when linking opposing turns or trying to carry long drifts, atleast for me. There's not much precision with tapping a button. And some of its just me blowing the line and needing to go back to zero counter to hold the drift. I loathe the analog sticks, I just need a DFP...

Droptop_Chick
Funky camera angles are for added bling factor. Bling bling...

Some of the erradic steering comes from being a D-padder. Tap tap tap...
It makes the steering look ackward when linking opposing turns or trying to carry long drifts, atleast for me. There's not much precision with tapping a button. And some of its just me blowing the line and needing to go back to zero counter to hold the drift. I loathe the analog sticks, I just need a DFP...

The D-Pad is analog and can be modulated not unlike the analog sticks (which are far far better than the D-Pad)... IDM's own Sheron uses the d-pad, and his steering is smooth as silk... It just takes practice...

Why do you loathe the analog sticks?... When I first started using them it was really tough... I thought I would never get used to it... Yet, after a few months of on and off practice, I could never see going back to the d-pad... I have so much more control with the analog sticks... Still, you can drift with whichever method you prefer... It really doesn't matter, as long as you're having a good time...

;)

All right, I have to ask.

How did you hold the dive replay angles for such extended lengths?

I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. It made capturing the footage for my first video's intro a huge pain--one I'd like to avoid in the future. :)

hmmm i dont think she would release this information =]

guess this would make her replays unique from all the mediocre vids like mines! j/k

nice vid btw

DRFT*
hmmm i dont think she would release this information =]

guess this would make her replays unique from all the mediocre vids like mines! j/k

nice vid btw

Oh well, that wouldn't be a problem, because I just figured out how to do it. :)

I knew it had something to do with what I had been trying a month or so ago, but I just never thought to press the right button.

Edit: Nevermind, the button press isn't even necessary. Why didn't this work before? :irked: Maybe it has to do with the game trying to read the background music... before, I never had the BGM on.

Glubags
Oh well, that wouldn't be a problem, because I just figured out how to do it. :)

I knew it had something to do with what I had been trying a month or so ago, but I just never thought to press the right button.

Edit: Nevermind, the button press isn't even necessary. Why didn't this work before? :irked: Maybe it has to do with the game trying to read the background music... before, I never had the BGM on.

Shhhh...

:)

Mr. Apex
Ummm... so it's delete all BGM Songs from the list and then turn BGM ON? Am I right?
:odd:

No, you have to have at least one song selected to induce it.

This being "sworn to secrecy" thing is a bit ridiculous, and since I'm not, here goes:

1. Make sure you have at least one song selected in the jukebox.
2. Enter the dive replay and make sure the BGM is on (press O).
3. After music begins, open the disc tray.
4. The music stops, and so do the angles. Use X to get new angles at random.

The reason it works is that the replay data, track geometry, car model, and textures all fit within the PS2's RAM, but the BGM is read from the game disc. With the disc tray open, the PS2 keeps attempting over and over to read the game disc, and since the ability to read the disc is always priority, the function to change dive angles is never called.

Enjoy.

Glubags
No, you have to have at least one song selected to induce it.

This being "sworn to secrecy" thing is a bit ridiculous, and since I'm not, here goes:

1. Make sure you have at least one song selected in the jukebox.
2. Enter the dive replay and make sure the BGM is on (press O).
3. After music begins, open the disc tray.
4. The music stops, and so do the angles. Use X to get new angles at random.

The reason it works is that the replay data, track geometry, car model, and textures all fit within the PS2's RAM, but the BGM is read from the game disc. With the disc tray open, the PS2 keeps attempting over and over to read the game disc, and since the ability to read the disc is always priority, the function to change dive angles is never called.

Enjoy.

Actually, you don't need to make sure the music is on... I always turn the music off, and I can keep camera angles for an indefinite amount of time... You just have to make sure you have the replay volume set at least to 1... If your replay music is set to the off position, the trick won't work... That's the key... You're absolutely correct about the rest...

;)

Back