Dying Light - Techland's other new game

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 204 comments
Careful about building up too many shields when you get resupplied by the Quartermaster...or this will happen when you clear them out.
Dying Light_20150312134758.jpg

Forgot to mention the April 1st update that lasted for the duration of April Fool's Day - no worries though, I saved a couple of clips...plus two others of general fun.

The devs posted up a vid of a few Voice Mails the City of Harran Hotline received - I'm going to have to find that number now...

Well, the full game can't be too expensive by now and it is pretty big, with lots to explore - just wait until your first night out amongst the Volatiles...
Part 3 does. Tried taking one on. Did not end well. really fun trying to hide from them.

Announced a few days ago that Dying Light: The Following, an expansion for DL will be released sometime in Q1 2016.

This vid from August gives a better insight into what it will contain as opposed to the brief trailer announcing the release itself.

From Girl Gamer UK
“So since Gamescom 2015, we revealed quite a bit about our upcoming expansion: the vast countryside map, the customizable dirt buggy, a new story and more. What we couldn’t say before though, was the release date. Today we finally know that Dying Light: The Following will launch within the first three months of 2016. This gives us enough time to put in all the content and surprises we have planned for you guys. So keep your eyes peeled for some sneak peeks into what we have in the works for you all. And we promise to share the exact day of release as soon as we get a final decision.”

I like the use of the number plate to announce this:

Halloween message.

Superb!

Reminds me of the dancing zombies you can trigger in that warehouse just off the flyover (where the bus hangs over the side.)

Also, a nice use of one of the DLC locations. I wonder if they will still be there when we get to that house?

Last edited:
The Following DLC is a big and juicy feast of things to do and total fun in the shape of an off-road buggy :)

Last edited:
Plenty of new zombie noises and actions to keep things fresh - some good weapons too and new ways of irritating the Volatiles and the Virals have become feistier.

Yeah, they always do a good video those folks at Techland.

The buggy is a great addition and handles surprisingly well, especially when you start upgrading the components. I equipped the mine-layer today and that's damn useful for getting rid of the fast virals.

I just bought Dying light The Following enhanced edition. Friend has been trying to talk me into this for a long time. Should be fun.

I just bought Dying light The Following enhanced edition. Friend has been trying to talk me into this for a long time. Should be fun.

Yeah I bought it too for PC. And it's actually funner than I thought. Don't think I'll get bored with the melee system for a while.

Yeah I bought it too for PC. And it's actually funner than I thought. Don't think I'll get bored with the melee system for a while.
The melee system, even outside of batting a zombie into a wall with an electric impact weapon, does have quite some variety :) What with kicks plus jumping and kicking as well as grab and throw to either side, you'll have plenty of options to look forward to. Don't forget that there is a powerful roundhouse skill available with two-handed melee weapons too.

Back