Elegance Automotive Guild - Remembering TurnLeft.

Just found this about The SRT Tomahawk Cars here: (Full Spec Sheets)

http://img2.autoweek.com/2016_GT6_SRTTomahawk_SPECS.pdf

The article here: http://autoweek.com/article/car-lif...-concept-little-bit-viper-lot-high-g-insanity

All I can say is WOW!!! :eek:

The numbers are Ridiculous!!! :crazy: 👍 :D

I like the new Racing Gear. 👍

Cheers Smiley.gif

Last edited:
I decided to take a look at the 300SL. My review didn't come out quite as good as I would have liked, but thats what happens when you rush to record and edit something :lol:

Also, I did take it out for a time trial at the Nordschleife, and got a time of 9:06.638.

View attachment 407819

View attachment 407818

What a wonderful surprise you stopping here :) . If I had known this I would have made the Grand Tour at the Nurburgring under wet conditions :lol:. I know I`m repeating myself but I just love your reviews :bowdown:, you`ve got a great narrative voice, good sense of humor and even if you rushed with the montage it looks devine 👍. I could easily see you doing some reviews for Top Gear or something like that. I`m glad you enjoyed it, and it`s great that you reviewed it for what it was. I`ll be updating the leader board with your name on it in a couple of days (writing this from work :mischievous:) plus a few other things I have to update.

I`m really honored by your visit and wish you a very good day my friend :cheers:.

I decided to take a look at the 300SL. My review didn't come out quite as good as I would have liked, but thats what happens when you rush to record and edit something :lol:

Also, I did take it out for a time trial at the Nordschleife, and got a time of 9:06.638.

View attachment 407819

View attachment 407818

I was in the middle of writing when this popped up...
What a wonderful surprise you stopping here :) . If I had known this I would have made the Grand Tour at the Nurburgring under wet conditions :lol:. I know I`m repeating myself but I just love your reviews :bowdown:, you`ve got a great narrative voice, good sense of humor and even if you rushed with the montage it looks devine 👍. I could easily see you doing some reviews for Top Gear or something like that. I`m glad you enjoyed it, and it`s great that you reviewed it for what it was. I`ll be updating the leader board with your name on it in a couple of days (writing this from work :mischievous:) plus a few other things I have to update.

I`m really honored by your visit and wish you a very good day my friend :cheers:.
So I'll just say, I agree with Mr.Left. Your visit came as a bit of a surprise, but definitely a welcome one :) What a great way to do a review. Rushed or not I think it's outstanding that you'd take the time to make such a wonderful video and I really love the presentation :bowdown: Great narration with some good feedback and humour thrown in too 👍 It was a pleasure to watch and I'm so glad that you had some fun with the car and didn't find it too much of a handful :cheers:

Wow! What a fantastic video review of the Mercedes-Benz 300SL! :D That was a lot of fun to watch... Oh man, do I wish I had a capture card. :banghead:

Update time :).

So let's start with the man who makes me work the most ;), @RMan72 , yup & yup, added both too their respective lockers, man it sure has gotten crowded in there, nice going 👍 my friend, I totally missed those drift trials :banghead:.

EAG - Corvette C1 '54 - Trophy Room

EAG - Mercedes 300SL '54 - Trophy Room

@sinof1337
I don't know if you had much time to scroll through this thread but we do things a bit different here, but first thanks for putting up your time for the Nurburgring and participating in the 300SL Grand Tour :bowdown:, you can post a new lap time anytime and I will update it on the leader board, you'll find it here .
EAG - Grand Tour Score Sheet

I've also added your pictures to our collection in our art gallery 👍.
EAG - Photo Gallery

Finally, to commemorate all victories from any of the cars we tune, we give with great pride a little token of our appreciation with these (yours will be the last one added). Thanks for dropping by and come and visit anytime you want, even if it's just for a coffee break ;).

View attachment 407819

View attachment 407818

I just watched it and agree with TC,TL & ALB in saying Thank You and glad you enjoyed it.

It's a great video also, I like how you made it like a video montage. Very Nice

Have you tried our Vette yet at Sierra?

Entered the Corvette into one of those "Car Show" things people are doing online for a bit of fun.
I couldn't enter the first category as i didn't have a suitable car.
Second category was cars from movies. I entered my VW Beetle & didn't finish in top 3.
Third category was classic cars & i entered with the EAG Corvette & the car came in 2nd place.:gtpflag:(should have won)
I'm going to enter the Mercedes next if i can find a room with a category the car fits into. Only a bit of fun but just thought i'd share it with you all :cheers:

Also been using the Corvette for the Drifting seasonal events getting Gold in all the ones i entered 👍

Entered the Corvette into one of those "Car Show" things people are doing online for a bit of fun.
Second category was cars from movies. I entered my VW Beetle & didn't finish in top 3.
Third category was classic cars & i entered with the EAG Corvette & the car came in 2nd place.:gtpflag:(should have won)
I'm going to enter the Mercedes next if i can find a room with a category the car fits into. Only a bit of fun but just thought i'd share it with you all :cheers:

Also been using the Corvette for the Drifting seasonal events getting Gold in all the ones i entered 👍
What are these "Car Show" things that you speak of? I'm not familiar with them....but it sounds interesting!!

What are these "Car Show" things that you speak of? I'm not familiar with them....but it sounds interesting!!

If you have a quick look online in the "Free Run" section you sometimes find rooms called "(something) Car Show"
Normally held at Silverstone Stowe Circuit. I've seen several of them lately which is why i entered for a bit of fun.
The winner of the show picks the next category. Also i think the winner becomes the "Judge" for the category they choose. It continues like this.

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54
full

A-Spec winner as is

:cheers:
Another win for the beautiful 300SL :D Congratulations and nice work my friend :)👍 Thanks for sharing the news and picture :cheers:
I think someone will be happy to see he's got some housekeeping to do ;)

An EAG car get entered into it' first car show:eek: :D :bowdown: Congratulations on getting second in class:cheers: Hope you don't mind me asking... what won?

Glad the C1 i doing it for you on the drift event too. I'm liking the 300SL myself. It' not quite as good, but to me it looks better doing it :)

also did it with "the new car" :) :D 👍 :gtpflag:
BG's going to have his guys sent after himself again if he isn't careful :mischievous: :lol:

Yes there should be a new car along at some point in the near future. How near I can't say, should have been done by now but the guy working on the suspension called in :ill: for a bit (me :guilty:) and it's been held up.

More news to come on that and a few other interesting developments at a later date ;):gtpflag:

It was the Alpine A110 mate. It was Yellow, looked lowered & had different rims painted black. Personally i think the EAG Corvette looked much better 👍
Don't now about the yellow :odd: but I do have a soft spot for the Alpine. It's a lovely looking machine :)
That's a fun little tune that one, I've used it quite a few times in the seasonal A-spec events 👍 Highly recommended for putting a smile on your face :D Looks better in the factory colours IMO :sly:

Don't now about the yellow :odd: but I do have a soft spot for the Alpine. It's a lovely looking machine :)

That's a fun little tune that one, I've used it quite a few times in the seasonal A-spec events 👍 Highly recommended for putting a smile on your face :D Looks better in the factory colours IMO :sly:
I totally agree with you TC about the color. Early Alpines are best when blue :) 👍
It's only when you get to examples like this....
image.jpg

....that yellow is acceptable to me.

I totally agree with you TC about the color. Early Alpines are best when blue :) 👍
It's only when you get to examples like this....View attachment 413621
Holy crap...That car is hilarious looking! I've never seen that car in my life. What racing category is this?? The front tires look so much smaller than the rear. The front of the car looks like a modern Audi R18 - the way the front rises up around the front wheels. Then the rear reminds me of a stretched out Porsche 917K, but even longer! But then there is that enormous rear wing with some crazy air-intakes... Speaking of air-intakes, that intake behind the drivers head is absolutely enormous! :lol: My God...This car is crazy... I love it!! :lol: :D

Holy crap...That car is hilarious looking! I've never seen that car in my life. What racing category is this?? The front tires look so much smaller than the rear. The front of the car looks like a modern Audi R18 - the way the front rises up around the front wheels. Then the rear reminds me of a stretched out Porsche 917K, but even longer! But then there is that enormous rear wing with some crazy air-intakes... Speaking of air-intakes, that intake behind the drivers head is absolutely enormous! :lol: My God...This car is crazy... I love it!! :lol: :D
That hilarious looking car is what's known as a Renault-Alpine A443. 2.1 litre V6, DOHC per bank, 24 valves, Kugelfischer fuel injection, Garrett TO5 turbocharger, 520bhp, Hewland 5-speed, 750kg, 224mph. It was Renault's top shelf effort for the Le Mans 24hr in 1978 built to Group 6 regulations and driven by Jean-Pierre Jabouille and Patrick Depailler, backed up by 3 A442B's that had a shorter wheelbase and smaller engine. With about 6 hours to run following gearbox & other troubles for the factory Porsche 936, the car led by over two laps. Not wanting to take any unneccassary risks, the team instructed Depailler to use a device fitted to all four Renaults before the race, which would allow the turbo boost pressure to be reduced to make life easier for the engine. It was the only component on the car that hadn't been subjected to the relentless testing regime... 21 minutes later Depailler was stationary at the side of the road surrounded by smoke. Later diagnosed as a piston failure due to a fueling issue related to lowering the boost.
Fortunately for the team, the race was won by the A442B of Didier Pironi & Jean-Pierre Jassaud. Pironi 7kg lighter than when he started the race thanks to a baking under the Perspex bubble canopy fitted to their car.

hitman-minion-22700-400x250.jpg

Just in case BG gets out of hand.:D

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé '54
full

A-Spec winner as is

:cheers:
Nice going Dan 👍, I really love the picture :bowdown:. I've added to the trophy room and the art gallery ;). Have you any ideas for the next race?

That was great Spoox :cool:, I had to go shopping to find something appropriate for this ...
Gyro1780-Silver Beauty Pageant.png
since it is a first time for this I've put it here but also in the trophy room.
Would it be to much to ask for you to tell me which drifting events you did with it.

Some shots of the 300SL winning at Daytona and drifting it's way to 4184 points at Matterhorn Riffelsee.

:D, I've added to the trophy room 👍 and the art gallery, that first picture is :bowdown:. :rolleyes: uh .. kind of forgot that drifting thing, I'll amend it as soon as @Gyro1780 gives me a few details for his adventures.

It's only when you get to examples like this....
image-jpg.413621

yes blue is the color, and yellow works for racing, but how did they get this ...
1280px-Paris_-_Retromobile_2012_-_Renault_Alpine_-_021.jpg

:ill::irked::ill::eek::ill::irked::ill:
:yuck::indiff::yuck:

Corvette Trophy Update
EAG Corvette C1 Trophy Room

Art Gallery Update (300SL + C1)
Elegance Automotive Guild - Art Gallery

300SL Trophy Update

Back