Elegance Automotive Guild - Remembering TurnLeft.

No shortcuts, just driven over 12000 miles on this circuit. I was paranoid that I'd configured something wrong, so went back out and triple checked everything, all settings for the room and car are correct.

Chased my ghost down last night and improved to 11:04:333
This popped up while I was writing the previous post, that is really really good :crazy:, I've got to rush to work but I'll update your time tonight when I get home.

But there are 1:01:101 corners I believe
:lol:, If I ever get the time and courage to do it, I'll count them all :scared:.

No shortcuts, just driven over 12000 miles on this circuit. I was paranoid that I'd configured something wrong, so went back out and triple checked everything, all settings for the room and car are correct.

Chased my ghost down last night and improved to 11:04:333

Another couple of laps and I've spookily got my time down to 11:01:101 

Broke the 11 minute barrier, she just gets quicker and quicker
10:59.765
Excellent job on tuning her it's a pleasure to drive her

You must really know that track well, I can see some places where I braked too late and lost a lot off time on those long fast stretches, but too get that low you have to have a hell of a memory or have driven on this track ....... 1,2,3,4,5.......25....325....1456....66521..123568 times around it. I think that you did a near perfect lap :crazy::bowdown:. BTW, thanks for doing this before I got home, only need to update the score sheet once :D.

EAG Corvette C1 '54 Score Sheet Update

Thank you for the compliment ;), it is well appreciated 👍.

Broke the 11 minute barrier, she just gets quicker and quicker
10:59.765

Dude! Are you like an alien? :bowdown: :lol: You're Amazing :eek: I'm not even close to 11:00. Do you use a DS3 or steering wheel? Do you have a replay? I'd really like to watch it! 👍 Great Time
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif

View attachment 342330
I've got a replay but not sure how to upload to here.
Just bettered my time to 10:59.073
Got a 11:21.619 with Comfort Mediums on

Go to Gallery on your GT6 game and Export the replay to your PS3 Video File, then transfer if to a flash drive,which will make a PS3 folder. Plug it in to a PC and Click on the PS3 folder then click the Savedata folder. This is where you the video from your PS3 is. Then Upload it to :gtpflag: in this thread. Hope this help's :) If you have any ? just ask, me and other's are more than willing to help 👍
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif

We all know that the transmission bug is causing some major problems with tunes that require moving the Final Gear after also moving the Max. Speed (Auto Set) slider. This Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 tune requires such manipulation. I believe I found a work around, at least worth trying for now. You'll be able to set all the parameters in the tune and it will not reset to default on you. Here's what you've gotta do:

Set final gear to: 3.360
Set top Speed @: 137 mph
Set Individual ratios to:
1: 3.280
2: 2.120
3: 1.570
4: 1.250
5: 1.000

If you set the Final Gear FIRST and then move the Top Speed slider and set your individual gears, it will not reset to default when you hit the track. The tune initially called for setting the top speed to 124 mph, but you wouldn't be able to move the Final Gear after setting the individual gear ratios because of this bug.

I've found this work around for other tunes as well (particularly Ridox's tunes which I have most of my cars tuned with). As long as you set the Final Gear first, before doing anything else, you should be okay. The problem is, you'll have to hunt for a different Top Speed setting to use then the one listed in the tune because we're doing things kind of backwards. Anyway, give it a try. I think you'll be pleased. 👍 :)

Well, I just built the Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 exactly as specified and ran two laps at La Sierra with the settings you instructed. This is the first time I ran with ABS off that wasn't just me goofing around. It felt perfect on this car. Perhaps I should turn ABS off on some of my other vehicles as well and see how I do. :)

My best time from the two laps was: 11:21.428

Here is a screenshot - you can see the first lap time was a bit slower. I'm sure I could probably shave a few more seconds off this time as well -- I'm lifting off the throttle on a couple of corners that I probably don't have to. I can't believe how far away I am from the top time!! What an awesome run @RMan72! 👍

20150403_012513.jpg

EDIT:

OMG...I totally forgot to comment on the car! :dunce: :crazy:

A very nice drive, indeed. Obviously, we aren't dealing with the most powerful car on earth, but she delivers the power she has very nicely. With CS tires there is massive amounts of grip on both turn-in and coming out of corners. You can really slam your foot down and get that engine revving. 👍

The brakes felt good. I'm not seasoned with ABS=0, but I think they did a very good job. I set the brake balance at 5/7 like the tune said, just so we'd all be running the same exact car. Personally, I think I'd probably like to see how 5/6 feels. It seemed like a couple of times I think the back brakes were locking up on me for a second when I was trying to go deep into a corner trail braking.

The suspension felt excellent. On both runs I managed to touch/ride over a few of those really thick red & white curbs and this car didn't flinch at all. I really like how the shocks were dampened. There was enough softness to feel the road, but plenty of stiffness to hold steady at high speed turns.

Overall I think this is a very satisfying build. I had a 1954 Corvette collecting dust in my garage, but now I can see myself running her in races when lower PP cars are called for. Great job guys! :D 👍

Last edited:
Thanks for stopping by @ALB123 :) I hope you enjoyed you drive. With a 11:21.428 to post on the board too. Nice time 👍 So now I have you to chase aswell. :( You guys are too fast :lol:

Thanks for your transmission details too. I'm sure someone else posted a similar version with 130mph top speed previously. I'll update the main post for the car with these details in a bit. :cheers: (Both of you)

I'm glad to hear you used ABS0 and it worked out for you. I'd say don't be afraid to do so with most of your car's :) well, the replicas at least. I've only recently started using no abs in preparation for this project and to be honest, I don't know why I waited so long. I've stopped using it on all of @Ridox2JZGTE's replicas in my garage and won't be using it on most of my future tunes. Word of warning though, our friend Ridox seems to like his brakes with a little extra bite :D You may need to turn them down a little. Once you get use to it, which won't take as long as you think, It's a lot more fun :) This coming from a caveman with a square brake button.:lol:

Oh, I also wanted to say sorry for the shabby interior :guilty: I know how you feel about using these cars and I really appreciate you doing so to try the Corvette. :cheers:

P.S If you ever have the urge to do any circuit driving with it @danbojte and I have had some success with a 5/10 BB :)

Last edited:
Go to Gallery on your GT6 game and Export the replay to your PS3 Video File, then transfer if to a flash drive,which will make a PS3 folder. Plug it in to a PC and Click on the PS3 folder then click the Savedata folder. This is where you the video from your PS3 is. Then Upload it to :gtpflag: in this thread. Hope this help's :) If you have any ? just ask, me and other's are more than willing to help 👍 View attachment 342672
Had to zip the folder before it would let me upload, hope this is OK 👍

Attachments

• LaSierralap.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
Thanks for that replay @RMan72.:cheers: I'm sure it'll help some of us see where we're going wrong (Which is in quite a lot of places judging by the time differences :dopey:) and to improve our times. Top man 👍

Great time on the Comfort Mediums too, I didn't know the old girl had it in her. :D

I've had enough now waiting for PD to fix the transmission bug so i done 3 laps using standard settings. I'm pretty sure i can get below 11:10.000 with the correct transmission set up + i made a few small mistakes getting on the power too soon costing me a tenth of a second or two.
Anyway my best lap time of the 3 laps was 11:18.608
I'll do some more laps later tonight. My aim is to get below 11:15.000 then maybe 11:12.000 over the weekend. Now i have a target to chase it will help my lap times improve.

Here's a picture of my lap time.
GT6.jpg

Last edited:
I've had enough now waiting for PD to fix the transmission bug so i done 3 laps using standard settings. I'm pretty sure i can get below 11:10.000 with the correct transmission set up + i made a few small mistakes getting on the power too soon costing me a tenth of a second or two.
Anyway my best lap time of the 3 laps was 11:18.608
I'll do some more laps later tonight. My aim is to get below 11:15.000 then maybe 11:12.000 over the weekend. Now i have a target to chase it will help my lap times improve.

Here's a picture of my lap time.
GT6.jpg
That's some great improvements 👍

Try these settings on the transmission
They should work exactly the same as the version on the tune post.( Which I'll be fixing in a minute;))

@Gyro1780 & @ALB123 , my deepest apologies :embarrassed:, I haven't been recieving any alerts from here but that's a lame excuse, I'll try to update everything by tomorrow. BTW real good lap times you've put in, @Thorin Cain will have so many carrots to chase at the same time that he may just end up turning in circles :lol:.
That's why I've got so many carrots to chase in the first place:lol:

We all know that the transmission bug is causing some major problems with tunes that require moving the Final Gear after also moving the Max. Speed (Auto Set) slider. This Corvette Convertible (C1) '54 tune requires such manipulation. I believe I found a work around, at least worth trying for now. You'll be able to set all the parameters in the tune and it will not reset to default on you. Here's what you've gotta do:

If you set the Final Gear FIRST and then move the Top Speed slider and set your individual gears, it will not reset to default when you hit the track. The tune initially called for setting the top speed to 124 mph, but you wouldn't be able to move the Final Gear after setting the individual gear ratios because of this bug.

I've found this work around for other tunes as well (particularly Ridox's tunes which I have most of my cars tuned with). As long as you set the Final Gear first, before doing anything else, you should be okay. The problem is, you'll have to hunt for a different Top Speed setting to use then the one listed in the tune because we're doing things kind of backwards. Anyway, give it a try. I think you'll be pleased. 👍 :)

I found that out too!!! 👍 It's weird :boggled: but will have to work around it til it get's fixed. :irked: Take your time PD :grumpy: :dunce: No Hurry!!! :yuck: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back