Elegance Automotive Guild - Remembering TurnLeft.

Had to zip the folder before it would let me upload, hope this is OK 👍

Just watched your replay. :bowdown: 👍 You use a wheel? because that's some smooth steering. Really Great Lap :) Thanks for sharing.
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif

Sorry if I have been late in testing the car :) I had one short session at Tsukuba, ran some laps on CS tire, just keep going lap after lap, checking the nuances and unique traits of the car when driven hard :P

Review Report - Ridox2JZGTE Template :

Tuner/Builder : Turnleft and Thorin Cain
Car : Chevrolet Corvette C1 '54
Tires : Comfort Soft
Track : Tsukuba

Overview :
Balance : Very nicely balanced for over 50 years old car, mild understeer on turn in with progressive oversteer on exit as the pedal commands it :D

Ratios : The gear ratio is tight, really well matched with the engine, the power started to drop off above 5000 RPM, shifting just past it will still keep the engine in power band and gives nice impression of more grunt under the hood.

Engine : The power and torque is well chosen, the tire and chassis can take abuse well. First and second gear acceleration will keep the heartbeat pounding.

Feel : The car overall feel is direct, nimble, supple rear end and gives you confidence.

Chassis : the chassis felt rigid and stiff, the rear felt planted, while the front can be felt light at times.

Straight line stability : low ride makes it stable at high speed. This would great for high speed cruising on the highway.

Bumps : at Tsukuba, when riding the curb on the Dunlop esses, the car can get unsettled, enough to cause rear traction loss when not careful.

Detailed :

Balance

Slow Curve : the hairpins at Tsukuba is a bit tricky ( 1st corner and 2 hairpins ), trail braking is very important and hitting the clip point requires good steering accuracy. Mild understeer when entering too hot and exit oversteer is easily kept at bay ( can happen but progressive )

Medium Curve : Dunlop esses gives the car a good test, turn in is good, but transition from right to left can be dangerous if throttle control is not maintained well. The rear easily gets unsettled with aggressive line. Riding the curb also can make the car slides.

Fast Curve : easy to pull, the left curve after the Dunlop is easy to take. The last turn only needs quick tap on the brakes, and the car glides in to the clipping point, holding speed at 70mph with good stability, exit needs precise throttle timing ( rear damper is bit soft ), but still quite good traction from the rear tires.

Corner Phase :
Initial Turn in : Can brake quite late, full brake force possible on 1st turn and both hairpins, accurate turn in with the rear stays planted.

Corner Entry : Good, but some laziness at certain situation ( wider line or late entry ) and going too hot can be remedied with some left foot braking or lift off safely. Some push might happen on 1st turn if brake too late, but can be corrected. Aggressive entry is possible but tricky to pull.

Transition : at Dunlop esses, the right to left transition can be tricky at times, especially when overspeed on entry. Most other corners transition from braking to exit are smooth, but the 1st and last hairpin exit can be demanding if the line is not ideal.

Corner Exit : Good exit traction on most situation, oversteer is there, but progressive in nature when it comes out. Low gear might need some care. Aggressive exit can be hit and miss, especially on cambered exit.

Other Stuff :
Wheelspin : minimal and easily avoided.

Bottom Out : none at Tsukuba.

Brakes : brakes are very bitey for such a classic, but late braking often gave me impression of not making it even with full brake force, but rarely the brake failed me, unless I brake too late.

My suggestion for the car :

Lowering rear extension by 3 and increasing rear compression by 2 to improve rear traction a bit ( stiffer but slower, stable on turn in ), rising the rear arb by 2 to limit rear side to side weight shift as well as keeping the rear more stable on higher speed corner ( less outside wheel load ), and increasing front damper extension to 7 ( balance/slows the weight transfer to the rear as the rear compression increased and allows more aggressive steering on exit and braking )

Hope my review was useful :)

Sorry if I have been late in testing the car :) I had one short session at Tsukuba, ran some laps on CS tire, just keep going lap after lap, checking the nuances and unique traits of the car when driven hard :P

Overview :
Balance : Very nicely balanced for over 50 years old car, mild understeer on turn in with progressive oversteer on exit as the pedal commands it :D

Ratios : The gear ratio is tight, really well matched with the engine, the power started to drop off above 5000 RPM, shifting just past it will still keep the engine in power band and gives nice impression of more grunt under the hood.

Engine : The power and torque is well chosen, the tire and chassis can take abuse well. First and second gear acceleration will keep the heartbeat pounding.

Feel : The car overall feel is direct, nimble, supple rear end and gives you confidence.

Chassis : the chassis felt rigid and stiff, the rear felt planted, while the front can be felt light at times.

Straight line stability : low ride makes it stable at high speed. This would great for high speed cruising on the highway.

Bumps : at Tsukuba, when riding the curb on the Dunlop esses, the car can get unsettled, enough to cause rear traction loss when not careful.

Detailed :

Balance

Slow Curve : the hairpins at Tsukuba is a bit tricky ( 1st corner and 2 hairpins ), trail braking is very important and hitting the clip point requires good steering accuracy. Mild understeer when entering too hot and exit oversteer is easily kept at bay ( can happen but progressive )

Medium Curve : Dunlop esses gives the car a good test, turn in is good, but transition from right to left can be dangerous if throttle control is not maintained well. The rear easily gets unsettled with aggressive line. Riding the curb also can make the car slides.

Fast Curve : easy to pull, the left curve after the Dunlop is easy to take. The last turn only needs quick tap on the brakes, and the car glides in to the clipping point, holding speed at 70mph with good stability, exit needs precise throttle timing ( rear damper is bit soft ), but still quite good traction from the rear tires.

Corner Phase :
Initial Turn in : Can brake quite late, full brake force possible on 1st turn and both hairpins, accurate turn in with the rear stays planted.

Corner Entry : Good, but some laziness at certain situation ( wider line or late entry ) and going too hot can be remedied with some left foot braking or lift off safely. Some push might happen on 1st turn if brake too late, but can be corrected. Aggressive entry is possible but tricky to pull.

Transition : at Dunlop esses, the right to left transition can be tricky at times, especially when overspeed on entry. Most other corners transition from braking to exit are smooth, but the 1st and last hairpin exit can be demanding if the line is not ideal.

Corner Exit : Good exit traction on most situation, oversteer is there, but progressive in nature when it comes out. Low gear might need some care. Aggressive exit can be hit and miss, especially on cambered exit.

Other Stuff :

Brakes : brakes are very bitey for such a classic, but late braking often gave me impression of not making it even with full brake force, but rarely the brake failed me, unless I brake too late.

Lowering rear extension by 3 and increasing rear compression by 2 to improve rear traction a bit ( stiffer but slower, stable on turn in ), rising the rear arb by 2 to limit rear side to side weight shift as well as keeping the rear more stable on higher speed corner ( less outside wheel load ), and increasing front damper extension to 7 ( balance/slows the weight transfer to the rear as the rear compression increased and allows more aggressive steering on exit and braking )

Thanks for the Great Review, 👍 I'm sure TC & TL will also like it. Going to try what you said on my car out at Sierra, should work great on that track.
5260.1.gif

Sophia just sent me this, on e-mail:

Chevrolet Corvette Convertible C1 '54

The rules are simple,

1. Car tuned as per spec sheet with CS (Comfort Soft tires)

2. Use Circuito de la Sierra in Arcade Mode - Single Player - Time Trial - Track grip set to real.

3. ABS=0, TC=0, SRF=Off, Active Steering=Off, ASM=Off

Best lap: 11:06.541 (replay attached).

:cheers:

Attachments

• BCJS37016-RPLY001.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
@TurnLeft In the time table title you wrote ChevrElet. :P :lol:
:dunce::banghead:, bad bad day:lol:, just before I left I got my time down to 1:21.8xx , on top off that I lost 2 seconds when my girlfriend had to talk to me " like right now " , pressed on pause, then when restarting totally missed the braking zone. I was in front of you :cool:, and now (I`m at work :eek:) go to check for messages and what do I see :grumpy:, it`s as if you knew I was going to be in front, great drive Dan :bowdown:. If I get a chance tonight when I come home I`ll correct my mistake :dopey: and update the score sheet. @Thorin Cain is going to have a field day with the ChevrElet thing :embarrassed:, I`ve been repeating that mistake quite often:banghead:.

Hope the replay helps
I use a DS3 with X and []
Car is a pleasure to drive, loving it on CM's can four wheel drift round a few of the bends at La Sierra. Got a 11:19.374 earlier on them
Ever thought of opening up a driving school? I`m sure you would have a few students in no time, great drive man:bowdown:. We tuned it on CM but I`ve more or less stop using them, might be a good idea to practice with them a bit :rolleyes:. I`m really happy that people are enjoying it, because that`s what we did this for, to have fun. :cheers:

Hope the replay helps
Car is a pleasure to drive, loving it on CM's can four wheel drift round a few of the bends at La Sierra. Got a 11:19.374 earlier on them

I use Left stick=Steering, X= Gas, R1= Brake. That way I don't have to move my right thumb, just lift it off the gas. I'm not even close and I watched your replay 👍
5260.gif
Great Driving :bowdown: and yea it is a lotta fun to drive, that's why I wanted to be apart of this Garage. 👍
animated-smileys-drinking-187.gif

That's some great improvements 👍

Try these settings on the transmission
They should work exactly the same as the version on the tune post.( Which I'll be fixing in a minute;))

Ran a few more laps tonight using those recommended settings for the transmission & concentrating through the corners a bit more i was able to improve my lap time to 11:14.302
A fairly decent lap but i know i can be faster through some of the turns by letting off the power a bit earlier & not braking quite as late. Two of the tighter turns i did lose rear grip slightly by getting on the power too soon & losing a small bit of time. I'm aiming for the 11:10.000 mark tomorrow when i do some more laps. :) 👍

GT6%202.jpg

Overview :

Detailed :

Balance

Corner Phase :

Other Stuff :

Absolutely no problem at all my friend. :) I understand how tight time must be with your busy schedule. Thank you for taking the time at all. 👍

Thank you for your most awesome feedback, very detailed and constructive :D There is a lot of useful information to take note of and learn from :) I really appreciate you taking the time to drive the car and can not thank you enough for taking a bit longer to give us such a wonderfully detailed review. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

We will give your recommendations a try out and may do a little fine tuning when Sophia brings it back in for it's next service :D Judging by the mileage it's been getting lately, this might be very soon :lol:

Best lap: 1:06.541 (replay attached).

:cheers:
Awesome time! 👍 and excellent improvement :)
Hope the replay helps
And I though I was the last man alive using X and [ ] :lol:, I can appreciate your times even more now 👍

I use Left stick=Steering, X= Gas, R1= Brake. That way I don't have to move my right thumb, just lift it off the gas.
That right thumb can be very good for some heel and toe braking if you place it just right ;) Still don't need to move it, just a little bit of a roll every now and again. But don't change what work for you, to each his own my friend 👍 You should have better control on the brakes with the R2 button :)

@TurnLeft In the time table title you wrote ChevrElet. :P :lol:
:lol:

@Thorin Cain is going to have a field day with the ChevrElet thing :embarrassed:, I`ve been repeating that mistake quite often:banghead:.
Don't you know it :D I'm still not convinced you don't do it on purpose, It really does happen that often :lol:
I'd make you do lines when you get back to the shop until you get it right :mischievous: but you'd just cheat, write the line once then copy and paste the rest :lol:
...but I've ran out of my usable work time to respond,
Don't you hate it when they make you do stuff :dopey:
I'm so sorry for ruining your achievement, my friend. :grumpy: But you know, I have nothing to do with this, it's Sophia's fault... :lol: Don't give up, keep improving. And thank you. :cheers:
:lol:
Ran a few more laps tonight using those recommended settings for the transmission & concentrating through the corners a bit more i was able to improve my lap time to 11:14.302
A fairly decent lap but i know i can be faster through some of the turns by letting off the power a bit earlier & not braking quite as late. Two of the tighter turns i did lose rear grip slightly by getting on the power too soon & losing a small bit of time. I'm aiming for the 11:10.000 mark tomorrow when i do some more laps. :) 👍

GT6%202.jpg
That's really good going 👍 I hope you can meet your target. I'm sure you will :)

I`m really happy that people are enjoying it, because that`s what we did this for, to have fun. :cheers:
I'll second that.:cheers:

New Lap Time 11:28.322 Wooww Get you some of that!!! 👍 I'm not on the bottom anymore
5210-gif.342899
I know just what the feeling is
5210-gif.342899
, that was a hefty drop in time 👍, nice going Brew :), I guess you finally figured it out :dopey: that those kegs weighed you down :eek:, you gotta fill up
drink.jpeg
before the ride and get rid off those heavy wooden kegs to get some speed :rolleyes:. :cheers: my friend, you deserve it.

Very good time Dan 👍, very good :bowdown:, you know we all make mistakes :odd:, I thank you very much for pointing out my little spelling error :embarrassed:. I'll be correcting it shortly, but before I do I have to mention something that came up when I went to collect everyones new lap times ....... :odd:..........:eek:................ ..........:confused::scared::confused:.............
how did you do it???????
Best lap: 1:06.541 (replay attached).
:lol:, Was this done at Tsukuba :D? I'm sure that the rules say "De La Sierra" :P, I entered 11:06.541 , good thing you put it in Bold lettering 👍, it caught my eye :lol:.

Hope the replay helps
The replays from all the good drivers are a gift for those wanting to get better, thank you so much.:bowdown: PS. Your getting damn right dangerous with those CM tires :crazy:, you should slow down a bit :rolleyes:, they weren't made for high speeds.

I'm so sorry for ruining your achievement, my friend. :grumpy: But you know, I have nothing to do with this, it's Sophia's fault... :lol: Don't give up, keep improving. And thank you. :cheers:
I really do believe it's Sophia's fault :rolleyes:, but I could never hold a grudge against her :), but could you at least tone down that grin :D when were in the same room :lol:.
I was so close and now so far .
6351.gif

A fairly decent lap but i know i can be faster through some of the turns by letting off the power a bit earlier & not braking quite as late. Two of the tighter turns i did lose rear grip slightly by getting on the power too soon & losing a small bit of time. I'm aiming for the 11:10.000 mark tomorrow when i do some more laps
Wow, :bowdown:, great ride, I was almost catching up to you :drool:, you're making it hard man but that's good for me :sly:, I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone. I hope you do get under the 1:10.000 , there's no greater goal, achievement and feeling than surpassing ourself 👍👍👍.

just going to reread everything before posting this, that's enough funny business :scared: for one day ........... everything looks ok, I'll be updating the score sheet in a couple of minutes after posting this. :cheers: to you all.

Overview :

Detailed :

Balance

Corner Phase :

Other Stuff :

I was going to say that I don't know what to say, but I do know what I want to say, just hope it comes out right.

I feel very privileged that you took the time to review this car, It's the first time I see you do this and I'm very honored that you did. It's the first time someone is as analytical of a tune I worked on and this is really of a great help, I'm still not comfortable with setting up dampers so your suggestions (Of course I read the spoiler :lol:) will be of great use to us all. @Thorin Cain and me have both made giant leaps in our tunings and driving skills from trying, testing and making replicas, they are a great facet of this game and hopefully with time we will become a bigger community of people using these and as always we'll be having the time of our lives.

So goodbye and good night for now, and hello and good morning to you tomorrow (will be today as you read this)
Your friend, Francis.

I was going to say that I don't know what to say, but I do know what I want to say, just hope it comes out right.

I feel very privileged that you took the time to review this car, It's the first time I see you do this and I'm very honored that you did. It's the first time someone is as analytical of a tune I worked on and this is really of a great help, I'm still not comfortable with setting up dampers so your suggestions (Of course I read the spoiler :lol:) will be of great use to us all. @Thorin Cain and me have both made giant leaps in our tunings and driving skills from trying, testing and making replicas, they are a great facet of this game and hopefully with time we will become a bigger community of people using these and as always we'll be having the time of our lives.

So goodbye and good night for now, and hello and good morning to you tomorrow (will be today as you read this)
Your friend, Francis.

Yes, I agree with @Thorin Cain 👍 Great Job!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw his post :bowdown: :) Good Night or Good Morning Whenever you read this.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Great Review, 👍 I'm sure TC & TL will also like it. Going to try what you said on my car out at Sierra, should work great on that track. View attachment 342955

I can't guarantee the effect will be pleasing :mischievous::lol:, I haven't tested all the changes suggested:P, those are just what I had in mind when I drove the car.

Absolutely no problem at all my friend. :) I understand how tight time must be with your busy schedule. Thank you for taking the time at all. 👍

Thank you for your most awesome feedback, very detailed and constructive :D There is a lot of useful information to take note of and learn from :) I really appreciate you taking the time to drive the car and can not thank you enough for taking a bit longer to give us such a wonderfully detailed review. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

We will give your recommendations a try out and may do a little fine tuning when Sophia brings it back in for it's next service :D Judging by the mileage it's been getting lately, this might be very soon :lol:

Your friend, Francis.

My suggestion may or may not work well, so be ready for the worst :embarrassed: and by no means you have to follow it. The changes result might not fit with the vision you had for the car, so always be smart too when implementing suggestion or changes. I had many cars entered in FITT shootout, I used their feedback to gauge what sort of expectation from general players in GT6, any changes I made to the car later will have to adhere to the original vision and design limitation of the car ( replica ).

For example, the current FITT Supercar at Midfiled, the Countach has been having a hard time, the car is difficult to drive, lack front grip, heavy to steer, with braking and traction not as good as most expected. The original car it was based on was a lot lighter, while the entry has stock weight ( over 200kg heavier ). I made as minimal changes to the car, and the car original traits are amplified on the FITT entry. The cool thing is the FITT entry feedback is similar to what I read from old articles about the RAIN-X Countach back in 1994 JGTC races, it was uncompetitive, heavy steering, lack cornering speed on slow to medium corner, hard to drive quick with braking and traction below the competitors and always a several seconds behind even the slowest regular in JGTC races. The team made changes to the front body, to improve front aerodynamics, and rear intakes for cooling, but it was still not good enough and when they had the chance to change to Diablo, they took it :)

I was driving the EAG Corvette (C1) '54 again last night, but for pleasure rather than looking to better my submitted time. So, I was driving on CM tires and having a fabulous time with the car. I'll throw a set of CH tires on it today and take it for a spin around La Sierra. I almost never drive with CH tires, but fortunately, this Corvette doesn't have a ton of power, so hopefully I will be able to keep it under control. I'm very pleasantly surprised with how much I've enjoyed the lack of ABS on this build.

I look forward to trying your next car! :D 👍

I was driving the EAG Corvette (C1) '54 again last night, but for pleasure rather than looking to better my submitted time. So, I was driving on CM tires and having a fabulous time with the car. I'll throw a set of CH tires on it today and take it for a spin around La Sierra. I almost never drive with CH tires, but fortunately, this Corvette doesn't have a ton of power, so hopefully I will be able to keep it under control. I'm very pleasantly surprised with how much I've enjoyed the lack of ABS on this build.

Me too!. It looks like it might be the Jaguar E-Type up next so i might buy it now, drive it standard & get in some sneeky practice laps ;)

It`s so cool to see people having fun with this 👍, just a little note for abs/0 (can`t link properly from where I am :grumpy:) use the link in my signature to my garage then scroll down to R&D and use the link for "Breaking Brakes", you`ll see how abs works for different types of tires, if you were to bring down the levels that @Ridox2JZGTE uses in his replicas you would find it much easier, he uses more aggressive braking, to use that there are a few braking techniques you have to use to not end up parked up in a tree. As you lower the tire grade you have to lower the BB if you don`t want to lock up the wheels, by doing this it makes using abs/0 something that even I can do :lol:. Going to start on the new project Sunday :scared:.

Me too!. It looks like it might be the Jaguar E-Type up next so i might buy it now, drive it standard & get in some sneeky practice laps ;)
Yes that`s the one were gearing up to do, but sometimes with doing replicas you run into some problems finding the right info, the Corvette had so much available from so many different sources, plus GM/Chevrolet have great info from their parts & service departments, the Jag is a little more difficult to find proper info on it, but we`ve already have some good leads so we will see what we can do, if we can`t we have a plan B,C,D,E ... we`ve got a few lined up :lol:.

It may or may not take place at Sierra, I don't know?! I bet it will be fun to drive it there. :D
We want to give every car it`s own personnality, so for the track it will depend on the scenario that it gets (this one is @Thorin Cain to do), this will also dictate the way it`s tuned. You`ll learn all of this much sooner than you think :cool:.

***** NOTE TO ALL *****​
If anyone finds info, links or even some good photo shots of cars that could use a little of the EAG love, please feel free to share it with us, we can use all the help that we can find 👍.

Last edited:

I took her for a spin on CH's around La Sierra, she's still very stable and fast, breaking distance increases and had one or two lock ups, but a dab of throttle soon brought the back end round to get through the corners.
Managed a 11:47.128.

After driving with the CH's I thought she might be ok at a bit of drifting, took her to Tokyo and managed to get gold in the seasonal, another trophy for her cabinet

Back