Elegance Automotive Guild - Remembering TurnLeft.

I took her for a spin on CH's around La Sierra, she's still very stable and fast, breaking distance increases and had one or two lock ups, but a dab of throttle soon brought the back end round to get through the corners.
Managed a 11:47.128.

After driving with the CH's I thought she might be ok at a bit of drifting, took her to Tokyo and managed to get gold in the seasonal, another trophy for her cabinet
Very nice! I don't know why, but I can't drift on command in GT6. Yet, when I'm hauling butt in a time trial with certain setups, I know I'll be sliding around certain corners in a drifting fashion and I do just fine. Plus, straight up drifting just doesn't interest me. I understand that many, many GT6 players do like it, so that's cool. It's just not for me.

I was driving the EAG Corvette (C1) '54 again last night, but for pleasure rather than looking to better my submitted time. So, I was driving on CM tires and having a fabulous time with the car. I'll throw a set of CH tires on it today and take it for a spin around La Sierra. I almost never drive with CH tires, but fortunately, this Corvette doesn't have a ton of power, so hopefully I will be able to keep it under control. I'm very pleasantly surprised with how much I've enjoyed the lack of ABS on this build.

I look forward to trying your next car! :D 👍
Glad to see you are getting some joy from driving the old girl :) I know you rarely post your times from your test runs and I think it was really cool that you did for the Grand Tour 👍 The driving pleasure is what you seek and I really hope you find it. Good luck on the CH tyres....:)

It may or may not take place at Sierra, I don't know?! I bet it will be fun to drive it there. :D
I can 100% absolutely, almost, nearly guarantee the E-Type's Grand Tour will not be hosted at Sierra. :mischievous: I shall say no more...yet ;)
This was my ride at Tsukuba, the C1 did 1:09s consistently.

View attachment 343331

:drool: My she looks gooood. I do hope that's Pennant Blue I see :lol:

I took her for a spin on CH's around La Sierra, she's still very stable and fast, breaking distance increases and had one or two lock ups, but a dab of throttle soon brought the back end round to get through the corners.

After driving with the CH's I thought she might be ok at a bit of drifting, took her to Tokyo and managed to get gold in the seasonal, another trophy for her cabinet
Nice driving again.👍

Do you know, I'd not really thought to try it in a drift event.:dopey: What a fantastic idea :)

DSC_0083.JPG

That's great 👍 and surprising :eek:, I never do the drifting because when I want try to drift I've got all the trouble in the world to get a descent score, but I'll try it again with this car, with CH. You gave me a crazy idea :crazy: by saying "another trophy for her cabinet", what do you think off me building a cabinet to put the trophies in it ?(a post with trophy pictures with the event and driver mentioned) Just an idea 💡.

That's great 👍 and surprising :eek:, I never do the drifting because when I want try to drift I've got all the trouble in the world to get a descent score, but I'll try it again with this car, with CH. You gave me a crazy idea :crazy: by saying "another trophy for her cabinet", what do you think off me building a cabinet to put the trophies in it ?(a post with trophy pictures with the event and driver mentioned) Just an idea 💡.
I only do them.for the cash myself, I've got a secret weapon for the race car events :mischievous: Would be cool if this works as well for me in the non race car ones.

A trophy cabinet? That is a :crazy: idea. You know how I fell about :crazy: ideas :)

Congratulations on "Tune Of The Week" :cheers: If the next car is as good as this one i'm sure you'll win more awards.

Improved my lap time by another 3 seconds to 11:11 (something) will post details later. Couldn't quite reach the 11:10 i was aiming for but will try again later tonight 👍

Congrats for the 1st Tune of The Week :cheers:, one of the many that will come :D I couldn't remember my first, but it gave that special feeling of appreciation from the community :P
Thanks, it's been a very fun journey with all of you, and yes it is a special feeling, and a good one too :lol:.

Congratulations on "Tune Of The Week" :cheers: If the next car is as good as this one i'm sure you'll win more awards.

Improved my lap time by another 3 seconds to 11:11 (something) will post details later. Couldn't quite reach the 11:10 i was aiming for but will try again later tonight 👍
First of all, thank you very much and especially thanks for being part of this, being given the Tune of the week is great, but having all of you who are participating is much greater :bowdown:.

Second of all, :grumpy: 11: :grumpy: 11. :grumpy: (???) , gimme a chance man :lol:, nice lap time 👍, kind of freaky though, only hope that the decimals weren't .111, with @RMan72 11:01.101 it does look a bit :odd: odd. :cheers:

Thanks, it's been a very fun journey with all of you, and yes it is a special feeling, and a good one too :lol:.

First of all, thank you very much and especially thanks for being part of this, being given the Tune of the week is great, but having all of you who are participating is much greater :bowdown:.

Second of all, :grumpy: 11: :grumpy: 11. :grumpy: (???) , gimme a chance man :lol:, nice lap time 👍, kind of freaky though, only hope that the decimals weren't .111, with @RMan72 11:01.101 it does look a bit :odd: odd. :cheers:

No probs 👍 I haven't had this much fun with the game for a while :cheers:
Here's a picture of my best lap 11:11.260
Could have been a late 10min lap but that tight right, tight left just after the long sweeping fast left hander towards the end of the lap caught me out & i ran a little wide losing a few tenths.

GT6%203.jpg

No probs 👍 I haven't had this much fun with the game for a while :cheers:
Here's a picture of my best lap 11:11.260
Could have been a late 10min lap but that tight right, tight left just after the long sweeping fast left hander towards the end of the lap caught me out & i ran a little wide losing a few tenths.
Sorry about the delay :embarrassed:, when I saw your post I was going to update the score sheet after I would post a little fun stuff in the COTM, took way more time then I thought :crazy:. So that's a relief, it wasn't all 1's :lol:, but that would have been really amazing, spooky but amazing. You know, even when people are beating my lap time with a tune that I was part of the tuning process it doesn't even pinch me a bit, I'm actually proud that some of you can drive this so fast and with no driving aids, and the fact that were all having fun is just the best thing that can happen 👍.

Both parties are now properly accredited.
Well thank you sir, that is very thoughtful & nice of you 👍.

Great job boys on the Tune of the Week!:bowdown: Keep up the egg-cellent work ...now it's time to put out some more. And apologies, I had to get the Easter reference in there!:dopey:
:cheers:
Why thank you sir.👍 It was a complete shock, but is a huge honour. Neither of us could have even hoped this project would get as much notice as it has in the last couple of weeks, let alone have it's first finished tune highlighted like that :eek: We're pulling the next one into the shop now to get started on.

And no, I don't blame you for the seasonal based pun. I'd have done the same myself.:crazy:

Congrats for the 1st Tune of The Week :cheers:, one of the many that will come :D I couldn't remember my first, but it gave that special feeling of appreciation from the community :P
Thank you so much. It's a special feeling alright :D and one I'm glad to be able share with the many special people who have made this such a fun project to be part of, yourself included :)

And of course a certain @danbojte :bowdown: Thank you my friend, that was an incredible gesture.:D Please don't think I blame you for the mix-up.:guilty: I just knew @TurnLeft wanted to thank you in his own special way, and I didn't want my words to get in the way. It didn't feel right this morning. Feels great now :D

Great job boys on the Tune of the Week!:bowdown: Keep up the egg-cellent work ...now it's time to put out some more. And apologies, I had to get the Easter reference in there!:dopey:
:cheers:
Well Thank You so much Sir Lionheart2113 (wouldn't it have sounded better if it was Sir Lionheart the III, or something like that :sly:). Your visit honors us greatly and "I" in particular am quite to say the least embarrassed and a bit jealous that I didn't think of
egg-cellent work
, for that alone I salute you.
Picture 5.png
:cheers: man, and big thanks for the kind words and the visit, and glad that you found a place to stick that one in :lol:.

I've made a few updates,
@Ridox2JZGTE , I've added your picture to the gallery 👍
@Gyro1780 , sorry about the delay, I've updated your lap time, that was really good man :bowdown:.
@RMan I tried the drifting seasonal with it, I managed to get 1658 (silver), which is very good for me, and you have an excellent control over that little joystick to get the score you did with a car not tuned for this :bowdown:.

I decided to have a little fun with it and went to National A - Classic Muscle Cars - Laguna Seca, I was lucky that there was no Shelby there that day, 600PP Limit - SS or less, Won by a car's length (got bumped over the line :)) with CS and no driving aids :D.

Hopefully by next weekend we'll have a little extra for all of you :eek:, then we'll be heading out all over the world looking for those evasive parts to build the next one.

@RMan I tried the drifting seasonal with it, I managed to get 1658 (silver), which is very good for me, and you have an excellent control over that little joystick to get the score you did with a car not tuned for this :bowdown:

I did the same one and got gold with it!!! 👍 Not to fast but she got the job done quite nicely on CH tires. A multi-winning Tune over numerous races. 👍 What A Car!!! :) :cheers:

@TurnLeft Francis, this is beautiful! Beautiful! Thank you for that. :cheers:

P. S.: You just have to correct in the title, Sierrs with Sierra. 👍
:banghead: How did I miss that one. I noticed he'd managed to spell his own name wrong on the plaque :P
Another trophy for the cabinet.
Gold in the non-racing car drift trial seasonal at Laguna Seca
View attachment 345520
Congrats on another drifting Gold! Super job :)

Thanks for sharing news of your achievement.👍

@TurnLeft Francis, this is beautiful! Beautiful! Thank you for that. :cheers:
Very happy you liked it :), spent quite some time before I could get Excel to do something close to what I wanted. I really like the plaque and I found the trophy idea amusing, it's actually cool giving these out and a pat on the back is sure better than a kick in the butt :lol:. If it puts a smile on just one face than this world will be better 👍.

P. S.: You just have to correct in the title, Sierrs with Sierra. 👍
I guess your getting use to this :lol:. BTW, 👍 for the avatar :lol:.

Another trophy for the cabinet.
Gold in the non-racing car drift trial seasonal at Laguna Seca
You have really found a new vocation for this car:tup:, and yes it's already in the cabinet :lol:, received it this morning by UPS, wasn't even awaked when I signed for it, that was a :cool: surprise.

How did I miss that one. I noticed he'd managed to spell his own name wrong on the plaque :P
Well yes these things do seem to happen, and maybe a bit more often then I would like to, and I would like to give a full psychological explanation for it but as I've already stated somewhere else this would mean that I would have to analyze myself which in turn would be detrimental to my own well being, mental health is so important to me and it should be of the out most importance to you. So I guess that for the present moment we are all going to have to make do with this kind of situation and we can keep the status quo of all off you telling me to correct some very tiny minuscule typing (TMT) errors. :lol: :cheers: to you all.

EAG Corvette C1 '54 Cabinet Update

Well yes these things do seem to happen, and maybe a bit more often then I would like to, and I would like to give a full psychological explanation for it but as I've already stated somewhere else this would mean that I would have to analyze myself which in turn would be detrimental to my own well being, mental health is so important to me and it should be of the out most importance to you. So I guess that for the present moment we are all going to have to make do with this kind of situation and we can keep the status quo of all off you telling me to correct some very tiny minuscule typing (TMT) errors. :lol:
:lol::lol::lol: I've got to be good for something, right?:D

Back