Elegance Automotive Guild - Remembering TurnLeft.

C1 did the EAG garage proud with a gold at the
Suzuka Circuit 2014 Special Drift Trial.
Hopefully we can all get together online over the Christmas period for some friendly driving.
Nice one :)👍 I'm letting my bonus build back up again before I tackle the new seasonals, not looking forward to the RB fancar one too much :nervous:

I agree with @Pete05, It would be cool if we could :cool:, even better if Santa would get him a decent internet connection for Xmas :lol:👍 :( BTW, how cool are the hats 💡.

Nice one :)👍 I'm letting my bonus build back up again before I tackle the new seasonals, not looking forward to the RB fancar one too much :nervous:

I agree with @Pete05, It would be cool if we could :cool:, even better if Santa would get him a decent internet connection for Xmas :lol:👍 :( BTW, how cool are the hats 💡.
I've finally got to the bottom of why I've had such a huge problem trying to get the internet connected at home.
In Australia, regardless of who you choose as your service provider, all new connections have to be entered into a database type program at the retailer. This where the evil little problem lies & it's incredibly silly.
Because I live in a Granny Flat in a family friend's backyard, when the retailer tries to enter my details into said database, the program won't recognize that I'm a completely separate customer to the main house. Even if it's entered manually, the program overrides the entry & recognizes that the main house is already connected via broadband cable :banghead: 🤬 :crazy: :dunce: :irked: :mad: :odd: :ouch:
No way exists to get me connected until they re-write the program & they're in no great rush to do so :(

I've finally got to the bottom of why I've had such a huge problem trying to get the internet connected at home.
In Australia, regardless of who you choose as your service provider, all new connections have to be entered into a database type program at the retailer. This where the evil little problem lies & it's incredibly silly.
Because I live in a Granny Flat in a family friend's backyard, when the retailer tries to enter my details into said database, the program won't recognize that I'm a completely separate customer to the main house. Even if it's entered manually, the program overrides the entry & recognizes that the main house is already connected via broadband cable :banghead: 🤬 :crazy: :dunce: :irked: :mad: :odd: :ouch:
No way exists to get me connected until they re-write the program & they're in no great rush to do so :(
Can't you hook into the main house's broadband cable connection via wireless router? Especially if you use a good wireless router, I'm sure you'd be able to connect to the signal even from 100+ feet away...maybe even 200+ feet away.

Or, if the main home owner doesn't want that - and I can understand you have to respect their rights & privacy... couldn't you tell the broadband cable company that a second cable connection is required at that address (the main house's address) and when they come to do the installation, they run the line to your Granny Flat instead of the main house? You'd technically be using the address of the main house, but I'm sure you could have the bill in your name.

It's kind of like having a big apartment complex. The broadband cable company can install multiple lines at technically the same location. Shoot, up until 2005 I was heavily involved with software piracy. I was affiliated with a scene release group for PC Applications and had accounts on several Top Sites (FTP), but the fastest connection I could get at my home was only a 1.5Mbit line (it was only 512Kbit when it was first installed in 1998!), so I had the cable company install a second line to the house. Both coax lines went right into the same room. So, I had 2 IP addresses at my house. One for each PC because Windows 2000 couldn't handle multiple IP addresses like that. The look on the technician's face whenever someone would have to come to my house - just mountains of burned CD's and HDD's everywhere! LOL

Can't you hook into the main house's broadband cable connection via wireless router? Especially if you use a good wireless router, I'm sure you'd be able to connect to the signal even from 100+ feet away...maybe even 200+ feet away.

Or, if the main home owner doesn't want that - and I can understand you have to respect their rights & privacy... couldn't you tell the broadband cable company that a second cable connection is required at that address (the main house's address) and when they come to do the installation, they run the line to your Granny Flat instead of the main house? You'd technically be using the address of the main house, but I'm sure you could have the bill in your name.

It's kind of like having a big apartment complex. The broadband cable company can install multiple lines at technically the same location. Shoot, up until 2005 I was heavily involved with software piracy. I was affiliated with a scene release group for PC Applications and had accounts on several Top Sites (FTP), but the fastest connection I could get at my home was only a 1.5Mbit line (it was only 512Kbit when it was first installed in 1998!), so I had the cable company install a second line to the house. Both coax lines went right into the same room. So, I had 2 IP addresses at my house. One for each PC because Windows 2000 couldn't handle multiple IP addresses like that. The look on the technician's face whenever someone would have to come to my house - just mountains of burned CD's and HDD's everywhere! LOL
Of the two options you've raised, I've investigated both.
Sharing with the main house is technically a possibility but would make sorting the bill a major headache and has absolutely no appeal on the privacy side of the equation.
The second option of getting an entirely separate cable from the street is also technically possible but will cost the equivalent of a small countries GDP and is out of the question.
To give you an idea, it costs just under $200 to have a tech come for an hour to sort a connection problem with all the infrastructure in place.
Unfortunately my friends I have to accept that if I want a home internet connection, it simply won't be at this address.

I agree about the RB seasonal 👎 I tried it and gave up after about 5 tries it's just go off the road a little bit and your done start over plus I already have the car anyways so why bother.

I did the drift seasonal with a Prowler and got gold 👍

Haven't tried the race seasonal yet.

Merry Christmas EAG garage
Merry Christmas to you, love the red hat, suits you perfectly.

and to everyone ....
Merry-Christmas-Wishes.jpg

love you all, bless you.

Merry Christmas to you, love the red hat, suits you perfectly.

and to everyone ....
View attachment 495523
love you all, bless you.

TL Hope you and yours are doing well and Happy Holidays.

Hey buddy, it's good to see you on :gtpflag: & GT6 again. 👍

So how have you been? Are you getting better? We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

I miss not talking to you at :gtpflag:& EAG and racing with you and TR online. Hey I'm not getting mushy :( :yuck: or anything like that :D :lol: it's just you and TR are my friend's, who I got to know and I thought these 2 guys and me have something in common and that's great.

TL Hope you and yours are doing well and Happy Holidays.

Hey buddy, it's good to see you on :gtpflag: & GT6 again. 👍

So how have you been? Are you getting better? We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

I miss not talking to you at :gtpflag:& EAG and racing with you and TR online. Hey I'm not getting mushy :( :yuck: or anything like that :D :lol: it's just you and TR are my friend's, who I got to know and I thought these 2 guys and me have something in common and that's great.

Things are going well 👍, I'll know after my next treatment when they'll take a TAP scan how things are going in my body, until then I'm just doing the best I can. It's taken me quite some time to get use to the side effects (I could really do without them) and how to utilize my time. I'm having a bit of fun driving cars stock out of the box with no ABS, you should try the Corvette StingRay concept '59 on SH with no aids, shear delight :cool:.

Hey Bugsy, you are getting mushy :lol:, me too I've been missing you guys ;). BTW, you missed out on the silver by only 0.048 on the Nurb, I know you can do it my friend 👍👍👍.

I'll be seeing you soon, take care buddy.

Things are going well 👍, I'll know after my next treatment when they'll take a TAP scan how things are going in my body, until then I'm just doing the best I can. It's taken me quite some time to get use to the side effects (I could really do without them) and how to utilize my time. I'm having a bit of fun driving cars stock out of the box with no ABS, you should try the Corvette StingRay concept '59 on SH with no aids, shear delight :cool:.

Hey Bugsy, you are getting mushy :lol:, me too I've been missing you guys ;). BTW, you missed out on the silver by only 0.048 on the Nurb, I know you can do it my friend 👍👍👍.

G'day TL,
Wishing you all the very, very best mate. You WILL win this fight :) 👍

@TurnLeft : Glad to hear you are doing well with the treatment :) With new year, comes new life, I'm sure the best in life is yet to come :D

To all :

I have been testing 2 classic Italian legend at Monza 80's past few days, hoping we all can do a race before the end of december. I have posted the setup for these 2 cars ( Ferrari 288 GTO and Lamborghini Miura replicas ) The tires will be CH front and CM rear, and these 2 drives like a dream at Monza 80's, offline time averaged at 2:04s.

The Ferrari 288 GTO has 393HP,1334kg and Lamborghini Miura has 349HP,1100kg, and both are very close to each other in performance. The GTO edged out a bit on braking distance as well as slightly better top end acceleration but has power oversteer tendency when nearing grip limit due to much higher torque and heavier, while the Miura is more agile and easier to drive, like an NSX for the Italian. These 2 will be a battle of wits and finesse and I could see bumper to bumper racing.

CH/CM tire works like a charm on these cars and don't worry about locking up, as both cars BB will be mandated according to replica setup aimed to give period correct or closer to that era braking power. You can literally going foot deep on the brake and hardly any lock up, brake timing is now the key, and how big is your balls to brake as late as possible without overshooting the apex.

Was looking for something to do this morning, after reading through the posts on here I decided to take the C1 back out for a spin on La Sierra. After a slow first lap (11:07.621) getting used to her and the braking points again, the second lap was nip and tuck with my ghost until the tightening right before the last split but wasn't to far behind at the line (11:00.453).
The third lap was another close race with the ghost I thought I'd lost it after a mistake in the braking zone after the long bridge, but drove flawlessly in the final sectors to record a new personal best 10:58.789.

DSC_0040.JPG

As always she was a pleasure to drive, hope EAG garage releases some more amazing cars like this in 2016.

You'll be happy to know I got gold with The TK ZZ II 7:28, was my time 👍

I've been trying a lot of different cars, came close with the GSX-R, 7:31 was my time with it.

You have to check out some of the replays, like the 1st place's in the 550 Ring and Red Bull seasonal's.
The red bull one time is 4:40 or something like that, I'm just amazed how fast they drove :eek: :crazy: and the ring one is fast too and sliding around the track :eek: :crazy: In the NSX car.

I watched them in behind the car mode.

Happy New Year!!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Was looking for something to do this morning, after reading through the posts on here I decided to take the C1 back out for a spin on La Sierra. After a slow first lap (11:07.621) getting used to her and the braking points again, the second lap was nip and tuck with my ghost until the tightening right before the last split but wasn't to far behind at the line (11:00.453).
The third lap was another close race with the ghost I thought I'd lost it after a mistake in the braking zone after the long bridge, but drove flawlessly in the final sectors to record a new personal best 10:58.789.

View attachment 497024

As always she was a pleasure to drive, hope EAG garage releases some more amazing cars like this in 2016.

Great time @RMan72 👍 and we just have to wait and see what happens in the New Year.

Well, 2015 has past us by and taken it's place, with all others past, in our history. For some it may have just been another year, for some there will be nothing but great memories, for others great sadness. As the French (and others ;)) would say. C'est la vie! (such is life).

Personally, I will look back at 2015 as a very special year in my own history. A year in which the crab had to come out of his shell, only to find out that was where he belonged all along. It was a year that began with nothing but promise and happiness, laughs, smiles and fun :D:tup: (oh,and smileys :P),and plans for big things :eek:. But one that turned too serious and took a series of wicked turns :( Each of which, turned out to be veiled blessings. Because they gave me the chance to take a better look at myself and to learn more about who I really am, and what really drives me :cool:
To me, a man's greatest achievement is to truly know himself. His abilities, his limits, his beliefs and his potential. And if a man can find the good in all of the bad things that happen to, and around him, he is well on the way to finding out who he really is :dopey:👍
I will look back at 2015 as the year in my life that I finally realised, I am who I am, and for better or worse, I can't change that or hide from it. And neither, should I try :crazy:
It is also the year in which someone who was turning a little cynical about the motives of the majority of people on a pretty messed up planet, managed to somehow find a bunch of truly great people in a little on-line corner of it
:bowdown::gtpflag: and really see that it's not as bad as it looks sometimes :)👍

For that and for every single person who had a part to play in it (You are too numerous to mention and too important to ever forget, so no lists :sly:) I am eternally grateful for all of those lessons, however they came about :cheers: and so glad to have met such great friends along the way :D:tup:
So to all of the great friends I have made over the past few years on :gtpflag: and to anyone else that finds this
happy_new_year_2016_wallpapers.jpg

Ok, now that the soppy reflective s:censored:t is dealt with :lol:👍

View attachment 497024

I'm really not looking forward to your next upgrade being installed :rolleyes: :lol: That's an awesome achievement dude 👍 a really great time :bowdown: The EAG may just do that, who knows what the future holds :cheers:

You'll be happy to know I got gold with The TK ZZ II 7:28, was my time 👍

I've been trying a lot of different cars, came close with the GSX-R, 7:31 was my time with it.

You have to check out some of the replays, like the 1st place's in the 550 Ring and Red Bull seasonal's.
The red bull one time is 4:40 or something like that, I'm just amazed how fast they drove :eek: :crazy: and the ring one is fast too and sliding around the track :eek: :crazy: In the NSX car.

I watched them in behind the car mode.

Congrats BG :cheers:
And Happy New Year to you too :cheers:

Well, 2015 has past us by and taken it's place, with all others past, in our history. For some it may have just been another year, for some there will be nothing but great memories, for others great sadness. As the French (and others ;)) would say. C'est la vie! (such is life).

Personally, I will look back at 2015 as a very special year in my own history. A year in which the crab had to come out of his shell, only to find out that was where he belonged all along. It was a year that began with nothing but promise and happiness, laughs, smiles and fun :D:tup: (oh,and smileys :P),and plans for big things :eek:. But one that turned too serious and took a series of wicked turns :( Each of which, turned out to be veiled blessings. Because they gave me the chance to take a better look at myself and to learn more about who I really am, and what really drives me :cool:
To me, a man's greatest achievement is to truly know himself. His abilities, his limits, his beliefs and his potential. And if a man can find the good in all of the bad things that happen to, and around him, he is well on the way to finding out who he really is :dopey:👍
I will look back at 2015 as the year in my life that I finally realised, I am who I am, and for better or worse, I can't change that or hide from it. And neither, should I try :crazy:
It is also the year in which someone who was turning a little cynical about the motives of the majority of people on a pretty messed up planet, managed to somehow find a bunch of truly great people in a little on-line corner of it
:bowdown::gtpflag: and really see that it's not as bad as it looks sometimes :)👍

For that and for every single person who had a part to play in it (You are too numerous to mention and too important to ever forget, so no lists :sly:) I am eternally grateful for all of those lessons, however they came about :cheers: and so glad to have met such great friends along the way :D:tup:
So to all of the great friends I have made over the past few years on :gtpflag: and to anyone else that finds this
happy_new_year_2016_wallpapers.jpg

Ok, now that the soppy reflective s:censored:t is dealt with :lol:👍

I'm really not looking forward to your next upgrade being installed :rolleyes: :lol: That's an awesome achievement dude 👍 a really great time :bowdown: The EAG may just do that, who knows what the future holds :cheers:

Congrats BG :cheers:
And Happy New Year to you too :cheers:
Wonderful words! Happy new year! :cheers:

Just stopping by to say Hi to all here at EAG. I hope you are all good :)
I've not played GT6 for a few months & have really missed it so will be time to fire up the PS3 again.
I've tried Driveclub but can't seem to get into it so it's back on the shelf at the moment. As for PCars i've been pretty disappointed with it so not really had much enjoyment from it.
Nothing compares to Gran Turismo. I'm really hoping to hear more about GTSport. Have i missed something or has it all gone quiet again?

Cheers 👍 :gtpflag:

Just stopping by to say Hi to all here at EAG. I hope you are all good :)
I've not played GT6 for a few months & have really missed it so will be time to fire up the PS3 again.
I've tried Driveclub but can't seem to get into it so it's back on the shelf at the moment. As for PCars i've been pretty disappointed with it so not really had much enjoyment from it.
Nothing compares to Gran Turismo. I'm really hoping to hear more about GTSport. Have i missed something or has it all gone quiet again?

Cheers 👍 :gtpflag:

Good to hear from you, I was wondering what happen to you?!?

The garage is on hold for right now and I don't know what the future holds for it. You've heard about TL right? (Read Post 850^)

I'm doing good and I got first in the FITT RUF Challenge - Sports Class RUF 3400S 👍 check it out in my garage.

Good to hear from you, I was wondering what happen to you?!?

The garage is on hold for right now and I don't know what the future holds for it. You've heard about TL right? (Read Post 850^)

I'm doing good and I got first in the FITT RUF Challenge - Sports Class RUF 3400S 👍 check it out in my garage.

I've only just read post #850 as i'm catching up on the earlier posts.

Best wishes to you TurnLeft. I'm sorry to hear you've not been well. Wishing you a speedy recovery mate 👍

BIG Congratulations to you Brewguy for your 1st place :cheers: i'll definitely drop by your garage to check it out :gtpflag:

I figured I'd get in here and clear out some of the dust
Dusting Smiley.gif
and post some new wins.

Here's a New Drift Score for the Merc. and another Trophy too!!!

EAG Drift Score.jpg

Non-Racecar Drift Trail (04/20/2016 to 05/18/2016)

Another Win At The Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge 450PP
(04/06/2016 to 05/04/2016)

This is still a Great Tune!!! 👍

Cheers Smiley.gif

Last edited:
I figured I'd get in here and clear out some of the dust View attachment 542500 and post some new wins.

Here's a New Drift Score for the Merc. and another Trophy too!!!

View attachment 542496

Non-Racecar Drift Trail (04/20/2016 to 05/18/2016)

Another Win At The Beginner Level Non-Race Car Challenge 450PP
(04/06/2016 to 05/04/2016)

This is still a Great Tune!!! 👍

View attachment 542497

I used the C1 and the 300SL to take the win in the
A-spec Beginners Level Non-Race Car Challenge: Red Bull Ring Short Track

I'll take them for a drift later

Back