Elite: Dangerous

• Thread starter marky5244
  • 749 comments
This is seriously one of the coolest games I've ever played, I can't stop playing it.

I'm in a type 7 now making good money trading, by tomorrow evening I should be in a type 9 hauling 500 tons of cargo. After that I want to fully upgrade a Fer de lance as my bounty hunting/killing machine. That way I'll have the fer de lance, cobra, type 9 all maxed. Cobra can be my versatile one. I'll eventually trade the type 9 in for Either an anaconda, imperial cutter, or federal corvette. I want to get most my grinding done now, and have a few maxed out ships I can pick from to do missions, get my federation/imperial ranks, and get into the power play stuff.

It was overwhelming at first, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it now. :)

Awesome stuff prousonhairy, glad you are having fun with it. I need to get into trading more, sounds like you are making really good money. My best trade route so far yields about 111K in about 20 minutes, that's $333K and hour, it's 3 jumps each way, that's in my Asp Explorer with 48T. I could double that if I had a Type 7. I make the most money bounty hunting which is about 300K per hour in my Viper MK3 but occasionally I have a good run and make about 500K in 1 hour. I know trading rare metals is where the real money is at, one of these days I'll get around to it.

I still need to figure out the power play stuff, I have run a few shipments of fortification stuff from the Federation Headquarters, but that's about it.

Awesome stuff prousonhairy, glad you are having fun with it. I need to get into trading more, sounds like you are making really good money. My best trade route so far yields about 111K in about 20 minutes, that's $333K and hour, it's 3 jumps each way, that's in my Asp Explorer with 48T. I could double that if I had a Type 7. I make the most money bounty hunting which is about 300K per hour in my Viper MK3 but occasionally I have a good run and make about 500K in 1 hour. I know trading rare metals is where the real money is at, one of these days I'll get around to it.

I still need to figure out the power play stuff, I have run a few shipments of fortification stuff from the Federation Headquarters, but that's about it.
I was just bounty hunting at first too, until I started trading in my cobra, I could only carry 60 tons in that, but I seen what I was making in a ten minute trip. That's how you make the money. Start with a type 6, it's relatively cheap and can carry 112T or so. I used that to save up for a type 7, I used my type 7 to save up for the type 9 I'm in now. It carries 496T how I have it set up, and I'm making 8 million+ an hour. You could set it up where it carries 532, but that's without a shield generator and I wouldn't recommend that in this. The buyback on my type 9 is 5.4 million, and if I lose a full load of cargo + the buyback, it's close to 11 million dollars down the drain.

It's still a major freaking grind, that's all I've been doing the past few days is trading. I started with 75 million this morning, and I'm up to 135 million. I need 153 mill to buy and fully upgrade the Fer De Lance. So I'll probably grind a few more hours until I have 170 or so, just so I have extra money.

After the fer de lance, I'm going to chill out on the trading for a couple days. I may grind trades for a few hours tomorrow, I want to buy and set up a long range exploration asp, but that shouldn't cost a whole bunch.

The more I read on and look at these really big expensive ships (anaconda,federal corvette, imperial cutter), they really aren't worth the money to me. I'm sure I'll end up getting one of them, but it's going to be the imperial cutter for trading. I think it can carry 720T of cargo. I'll keep my type 9 until I get enough imperial ranks to buy a cutter, and trade it in for that. I should be able to make 11 million+ in an hour in that thing, but it's going to be a grind to get it.

By the way, this Type 9 is very slow, and doesn't turn well, but it's cockpit is freaking awesome. It's all glass, the ceiling and all the way to the floor. It's like your in one of those bubbled gunner turrets on one of those WWII bomber planes, so you get an awesome view of things. It really helps to see where your headed in that big thing, and to locate the dock.

Edit: if you already have the asp, use that to trade to save for up some cash to upgrade to something that can carry more.It can be set up to carry 120T without shields, around a 100T with shields.

Last edited:
I'm loving my ED and loving my new Fur De Lance. Plus I have still use a Python for trading. I was advising and helping prousonhairy on ED but he is doin so well now he has more money than me lol. I'm down to 10 mill. I haven't even got my imperial rank or fed rank yet, i'm combar rank expert, trading rank broker, still aimless explorer rank. Haven't played as much for a while as I've been playing the new Uncharted 4 on PS4, plus last night and tonight I got to help out a friend on ED who has just bought the game. It seems like prousonhairy is doin really well, congrats Cmdr, you already have more money and a rate an fdl and will be able to afford a conda before me and lol I started playing having a few weeks of experience ahead of you, so well done Sir. There are still things about the game which I won't attempt yet such as robigo runs and missions that fail on scan when smuggling etc... so i still have all that hairy scary stuff to try out. It has only 10 mill into it though. The main thing is i'm still happy that i have now at at the level I have A Python with 10 mill and a fdl with 10 mill into it. I got to help a new friend i know with the game so it will be fun all over again helping him now then once hes ok I can get to doing some trading and building rank. My imperial rank is still at Outsider lol. Heres some shots of my Tactical Graphite Fur De Lance.

Mon_May_16_12-48-35_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Mon_May_16_12-49-36_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Mon_May_16_12-50-12_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Mon_May_16_12-50-45_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Mon_May_16_12-51-14_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Mon_May_16_12-49-04_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

Last edited:
@wraith of horus, I wouldn't be where I am without your help and guidance. The only difference is I've had more time to play! :lol: Great pictures of the FDL.

Speaking of FDL, the coolest combat fighter in the game. I'm in love with this ship. I've been taking on anything, pythons I can take down with ease, I've took out a few that didn't even drop one ring off my shields. Wings of 3 ships that are wanted, not an issue. I took out a federal corvette in a wing of three yesterday and beat him with ease. The only ship that gives me trouble is the anaconda. Both times its beat me, I had it beat with ease, and it ended up ramming me, and wiped me out. I need to work on targeting its power plant better, but I had it down to 20 health twice now when it rammed me. If your shields are dropped and hull strength is below 75, it can wipe you out with a direct ram.

I'll post some pictures of my loadout. I have four F2 gimballed pulse lasers on one trigger, and they take out shields fast and mop up most ships.

Right now on my huge hardpoint, I'm using the A4, plasma accelerator. I've been switching betwen that and the B4 gimballed cannon. They are both extremely powerful. The PA, uses a lot more energy, so I can only run five A shield boosters while I have it equipped. It does massive damage to shields and hulls, but it's tricky to hit with on smaller ships. The cannon is a bit more accurate. The cannon does about the same amount of damage as the PA to hulls, but not as much to the shields. Plus I can use a sixth shield booster while using the cannon, and it doesn't drain your weapons as bad when firing. It's a bit easier to track the PA round, because it's bright blue. I'll probably end up switching betwen the two, but may end up using the cannon more. They both can take out a anacondas power plant with three hits. Both of these weapons are a lot better used against larger ships, smaller ships you can hit but it's better to be up close on them. You don't really need them against the smaller ships anyways, the pulse lasers make quick work of most. If you do land a far off shot, it's a bonus. :)

image.png

image.png

Last edited:
Loving the Tactical Graphite FDL, that thing looks like a beast.

I bought the Type 6 and I'm working my way up to the Type 7 as prousonhairy suggested. I have the type 6 configured to 100T with a 21ly plus jump range, not going to bother with weapons, just running a strong shield generator. I tried my best trade route out last night, I now make 210K every 16-20 mins which is 630k-700K an hour depending on whether I get interdicted or not. I should have the Type 7 by this weekend if all goes well.

It's hard to say what makes the most money for me, I think Trading is the most consistent though. For example, I made 450K at a resource extraction zone this weekend in less than 15 minutes which included downing an Anaconda, and a few other valuable ships, but that is not consistent, you may end up fighting a bunch of Sidewinders and make 250K and have it take an hour. It is the same with Nav beacons, I may have a run of 500K-800K in 1 hour but my average is 300K. I do enjoy mixing it up though, I like trading, bounty hunting and Exploring, it's hard for me to get too 'grindy' with this game as I tend to switch gears frequently.

I'll get to the FDL someday and a hopefully Corvette too, that is the goal anyway.

I generally don't go to the Distress calls or anything else where I might be attacked by 3 ships in a wing, because that would mean a quick death for me in a Viper. I also haven't done any of the unidentified signal, or strong source events yet. I will wait until I have a more capable ship like the FDL to try and take on that stuff.

I bought the Type 6 and I'm working my way up to the Type 7 as prousonhairy suggested. I have the type 6 configured to 100T with a 21ly plus jump range, not going to bother with weapons, just running a strong shield generator. I tried my best trade route out last night, I now make 210K every 16-20 mins which is 630k-700K an hour depending on whether I get interdicted or not. I should have the Type 7 by this weekend if all goes well.

It's hard to say what makes the most money for me, I think Trading is the most consistent though. For example, I made 450K at a resource extraction zone this weekend in less than 15 minutes which included downing an Anaconda, and a few other valuable ships, but that is not consistent, you may end up fighting a bunch of Sidewinders and make 250K and have it take an hour. It is the same with Nav beacons, I may have a run of 500K-800K in 1 hour but my average is 300K. I do enjoy mixing it up though, I like trading, bounty hunting and Exploring, it's hard for me to get too 'grindy' with this game as I tend to switch gears frequently.

I'll get to the FDL someday and a hopefully Corvette too, that is the goal anyway.

I generally don't go to the Distress calls or anything else where I might be attacked by 3 ships in a wing, because that would mean a quick death for me in a Viper. I also haven't done any of the unidentified signal, or strong source events yet. I will wait until I have a more capable ship like the FDL to try and take on that stuff.
eddb.io

That websites a must have for trading. You can search by commodity, and search by one-hop trade stops, or longer trade stops. You can put in all your info, like how far you want to travel, cargo capacity etc. If you sign up with them, they will store your info, so each time you log in, you don't have to re enter it all.

If you click on commodity, it will give you a list of the stations that are selling for the lowest, and the stations that are buying for the highest. You then just enter the station you want to buy from, and it uses the info you entered to calculate a great route. Same if you want to pick a station to sell from, you just enter the system name and station name and it calculates the best place to buy from according to how far you entered that your willing to travel. The one hop stops are the best, if you can find a good deal on those.

Imperial Slaves are a great way to make a ton of cash, I won't give away my trade routes, but they always sell for a great profit if you can find a good location to buy then sell that's close together. Last week I was making over 4200k per ton profit on each imperial slave.

I've used eddb.io in the past, it's a great site for finding commodities. I have been using elitetradingtool.co.uk a lot more lately. I'm currently making about 2100 profit out of my home station where all of my ships are stored.

I've used eddb.io in the past, it's a great site for finding commodities. I have been using elitetradingtool.co.uk a lot more lately. I'm currently making about 2100 profit out of my home station where all of my ships are stored.
I'll have to try that one out. I haven't really traded any since last Friday, but I'm always looking to find more decent routes I can write down and check on a regular basis for when i need credits. I have a huge notebook I am using to write down information in, so I dot forget important places, etc. There's so much to keep track of.

I'll have to try that one out. I haven't really traded any since last Friday, but I'm always looking to find more decent routes I can write down and check on a regular basis for when i need credits. I have a huge notebook I am using to write down information in, so I dot forget important places, etc. There's so much to keep track of.

Give it shot, I think it's a great tool for finding decent trade routes. I have found trade routes of up to 2811 profit within 40ly of my home station that I still have to try, perhaps I will give them a go tonight now that I have a type 6.

One thing I noticed is that territories in the empire seem to pay out more than the federation. Part of it is probably because Slaves are banned in most federation areas and I severely suck at smuggling. I get scanned at almost every station, the few times I did try to smuggle something ended up badly with fines. Han Solo I am not.

@wraith of horus, I wouldn't be where I am without your help and guidance. The only difference is I've had more time to play! :lol: Great pictures of the FDL.

Speaking of FDL, the coolest combat fighter in the game. I'm in love with this ship. I've been taking on anything, pythons I can take down with ease, I've took out a few that didn't even drop one ring off my shields. Wings of 3 ships that are wanted, not an issue. I took out a federal corvette in a wing of three yesterday and beat him with ease. The only ship that gives me trouble is the anaconda. Both times its beat me, I had it beat with ease, and it ended up ramming me, and wiped me out. I need to work on targeting its power plant better, but I had it down to 20 health twice now when it rammed me. If your shields are dropped and hull strength is below 75, it can wipe you out with a direct ram.

I'll post some pictures of my loadout. I have four F2 gimballed pulse lasers on one trigger, and they take out shields fast and mop up most ships.

Right now on my huge hardpoint, I'm using the A4, plasma accelerator. I've been switching betwen that and the B4 gimballed cannon. They are both extremely powerful. The PA, uses a lot more energy, so I can only run five A shield boosters while I have it equipped. It does massive damage to shields and hulls, but it's tricky to hit with on smaller ships. The cannon is a bit more accurate. The cannon does about the same amount of damage as the PA to hulls, but not as much to the shields. Plus I can use a sixth shield booster while using the cannon, and it doesn't drain your weapons as bad when firing. It's a bit easier to track the PA round, because it's bright blue. I'll probably end up switching betwen the two, but may end up using the cannon more. They both can take out a anacondas power plant with three hits. Both of these weapons are a lot better used against larger ships, smaller ships you can hit but it's better to be up close on them. You don't really need them against the smaller ships anyways, the pulse lasers make quick work of most. If you do land a far off shot, it's a bonus. :)
View attachment 546643
View attachment 546644

Thanks Prousonhairy. I really enjoyed helping you out and getting you started into ED. I'm now doing the same and with a friend tonight I'll be helping him out. He is also can't believe how amazing ED is. His jaw dropped and he is loving it too. He's only been playing 2-3 nights and he is already out of his sidewinder and into a cobra mk3.

Well I know you said in a pm on xbox live that anaconda are the only ship that worries you. Well last night I came across federal dropship couple times, and I was being severely slaughtered by it. I had to quit game, i couldn't get behind the thing and i was doing what i usually do to out maneuver ships. For some reason the Vultures and federal dropships have been way harder for me whereas i had no problem taking out pythons or other fdls. Its so strange idk what it is.

Both the vulture and federal dropship have brilliant hardpoints and in a dangerous place and the weapons are dangerous. I couldn't escape its wide field of attacking. The npcs are more creative and smarter now and their ships more deadly than they were in older updates. The npcs use different builds some tougher than others. Its just the area i'm undermining in the vulture and federal dropship are really deadly i'm reluctant to take them on even in my fdl. Its worth noting my fdl only still has 10 mill into it. So i don't have extra bulkhead or hull armour or anything. But i do have the best shield generator and i have all 0A shield boosters in my utility mounts.

Hey thanks @DDastardly00. I changed the skin colour now. I have 8-13 LY short hop 1 hop jumps buying to selling station. It takes roughly 10 mins or less to do each trip. And all the time they are 4,200 CR/T - 4,300 CR/T +. The bigger the ship it is way more profitable than bounty hunting. Yesterday i made imperial rank of Squire whereas before yesterday i was at outsider.

I'm really wanting the Imperial ships. I'm so chuffed i can finally try out the Imperial Courier. I hear its a great ship, its fast, it has medium to large hardpoints and its shields and armour are as tough as a vulture and tis better than a viper or cobra mk3 by miles. And the vulture is a super tough ship which can really punch way above its size and weight for a smaller ship. Imperial courier punches above its weight and size.

I actually lost 300 merits last night due to being taken down by a federal gunship in my fdl. This is my fdl in Gold now. Anyway despite nearly losing out two to 3 times by a gunship or vulture I managed to quit game and make my merits. So i'm back up to 11 mill at the moment. I'm going to try out an Imperial Eagle mk3 and the Imperial courier. I'll probably keep the courier.

I'll try a bit of ranking up aswell. Some day i will also have an Anaconda and a Federal Corvette but corvette will be way off as I haven't finished grinding for imperial ranks let alone federal ranks. My aim is to a rate my fdl and python now. And do some trading to earn more money. I may aim to buy a larger transport ship.

Tue_May_17_00-05-24_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Tue_May_17_00-06-12_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Tue_May_17_00-06-50_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

Last edited:
Federal Gunships can cut you in half very quickly, I almost lost out to one hauling cargo in my type-6. I just boosted out of there, 4 bars on the Engine and 2 bars on Systems = perma-boost, all while charging up the FSD, that is my normal cut and run tactic, works 99% of the time. I made it out of there by the skin of my teeth. I swear some of the larger ships have a tractor beam - plus 7 disruptive mass- that prevents you from fleeing easily.

I really wish I could find trade routes in the Federation that netted in the 3000-4000K range, there is just nothing close to that. I am making good money in the Type-6 compared to dogfighting. I used to make $300K-$450K on average, now I am making anywhere from 1.4 to 2 million a night. Currently I am at 17.4 million, almost enough for a Type-7, which I should have by tonight or tomorrow depending on how much I play other games with friends tonight.

I also need to get back to focusing on my Federation rank, I'm still a Petty Officer, one more rank and I should be able to buy a Federal Assault ship.

Federal Gunships can cut you in half very quickly, I almost lost out to one hauling cargo in my type-6. I just boosted out of there, 4 bars on the Engine and 2 bars on Systems = perma-boost, all while charging up the FSD, that is my normal cut and run tactic, works 99% of the time. I made it out of there by the skin of my teeth. I swear some of the larger ships have a tractor beam - plus 7 disruptive mass- that prevents you from fleeing easily.

I really wish I could find trade routes in the Federation that netted in the 3000-4000K range, there is just nothing close to that. I am making good money in the Type-6 compared to dogfighting. I used to make $300K-$450K on average, now I am making anywhere from 1.4 to 2 million a night. Currently I am at 17.4 million, almost enough for a Type-7, which I should have by tonight or tomorrow depending on how much I play other games with friends tonight.

I also need to get back to focusing on my Federation rank, I'm still a Petty Officer, one more rank and I should be able to buy a Federal Assault ship.
Good job! I'm grinding for imperial ranks, and man it's a freaking grind. I'm at Baron and it's slow going for me. I need to finish Baron and then Four more ranks to get the cutter. I'm too far into it now, but if I would have to do it over again, I wouldn't of did this. Lol. All the time I've put into getting this far, I easily could have had a anaconda and had it pretty well upgraded if I just would have ran trade routes the last several days. Oh well.

Good job! I'm grinding for imperial ranks, and man it's a freaking grind. I'm at Baron and it's slow going for me. I need to finish Baron and then Four more ranks to get the cutter. I'm too far into it now, but if I would have to do it over again, I wouldn't of did this. Lol. All the time I've put into getting this far, I easily could have had a anaconda and had it pretty well upgraded if I just would have ran trade routes the last several days. Oh well.

Yeah but I bet the Cutter is going to be really awesome when you get it. As soon as I'm done with the federation ranks, I will go for the Empire ranks, I want all of the Empire ships eventually.

Whenever you get around to grinding the Federation ranks, there is a system called Tun that generates a lot of charity missions. I went there and the whole Bulletin board was filled with them. These increase your federation rank very fast. I only did one of them and left, didn't have a whole lot of money at the time, but it was enough to see it for myself and confirm that it works.

Yeah but I bet the Cutter is going to be really awesome when you get it. As soon as I'm done with the federation ranks, I will go for the Empire ranks, I want all of the Empire ships eventually.

Whenever you get around to grinding the Federation ranks, there is a system called Tun that generates a lot of charity missions. I went there and the whole Bulletin board was filled with them. These increase your federation rank very fast. I only did one of them and left, didn't have a whole lot of money at the time, but it was enough to see it for myself and confirm that it works.
Yeah I know all about the bulletin board charity missions. There's a couple really good places for empire too, doing the charity missions. Once you get so high, they don't give nearly as much percentage wise, and I just can't get them to show up like they used to.

I've been doing ok with classified data missions, they do pretty well. If you pick ones that you land at outposts, you only have to worry about getting scanned leaving our station. It's real easy to boost out and not get scanned. They don't scan at outposts.

I'm at about 70% Baron now. It would be nice if I could make Duke this weekend. Then I have a couple days worth of trading just to buy the dang ship. :crazy:

The only federal ship I really want is the federal assault ship. I'm going to build a total battle anaconda, so I really don't need the corvette. Plus the jump range on that thing is horrible. The cutter is just going to be a straight trade ship for me. It's still going to cost around 350 million to buy and set it up as a great trader.

Yeah I know all about the bulletin board charity missions. There's a couple really good places for empire too, doing the charity missions. Once you get so high, they don't give nearly as much percentage wise, and I just can't get them to show up like they used to.

I've been doing ok with classified data missions, they do pretty well. If you pick ones that you land at outposts, you only have to worry about getting scanned leaving our station. It's real easy to boost out and not get scanned. They don't scan at outposts.

I'm at about 70% Baron now. It would be nice if I could make Duke this weekend. Then I have a couple days worth of trading just to buy the dang ship. :crazy:

The only federal ship I really want is the federal assault ship. I'm going to build a total battle anaconda, so I really don't need the corvette. Plus the jump range on that thing is horrible. The cutter is just going to be a straight trade ship for me. It's still going to cost around 350 million to buy and set it up as a great trader.

One thing to consider about the Corvette is that it will be able to carry not one, but two small fighters up to Sidewinder size whereas the 'conda only can carry one. That is why I eventually want the Corvette over the Anaconda.

One thing to consider about the Corvette is that it will be able to carry not one, but two small fighters up to Sidewinder size whereas the 'conda only can carry one. That is why I eventually want the Corvette over the Anaconda.
I know, but I just like the almost 40ly jump of the anaconda, plus it has an extra hardpoint over the corvette. I'll probably end up getting one someday lol. I'm just thinking short term goals now. Like this glorified trade ship that is the cutter :lol:

I don't get PC gaming at times. :crazy:
Anyway I got my laptop working again with W10. It has a 540 dedicated graphics chip and intel 3000HD as well. I can't get the game to use the 540 chip at all like I could when the laptop had W7 on it.

Get this. Intel 3000HD linked to TV via HDMI. Runs in 1080P! I haven't a clue how or what been switched off or downgraded in settings as I've only touched resolution and controller settings (Xbox 360 wired pad)

Meanwhile my desktop with a 4850 card, old I know but it is what it is, can't run the game at all.

Intel 3000HD :bowdown:

I don't get PC gaming at times. :crazy:
Anyway I got my laptop working again with W10. It has a 540 dedicated graphics chip and intel 3000HD as well. I can't get the game to use the 540 chip at all like I could when the laptop had W7 on it.

Get this. Intel 3000HD linked to TV via HDMI. Runs in 1080P! I haven't a clue how or what been switched off or downgraded in settings as I've only touched resolution and controller settings (Xbox 360 wired pad)

Meanwhile my desktop with a 4850 card, old I know but it is what it is, can't run the game at all.

Intel 3000HD :bowdown:
That's all Greek to me, I know zero about PC's. :lol: Speaking of that, from what I understand there's no cross play between PC and Xb1? From what I understand, the universe is shared. Exploring and commodities etc done on XB1 has an effect on the PC universe, and vise versa, it's just that you can't actually play with or against anyone cross platform.

I did the Duke grind over the weekend. It wasn't too bad until I got to Earl. Earl to Marquis took 6-7 hours of refreshing BB in Cubeo for charity missions. And Marquis to Duke was a nightmare. I seriously spent 10+ hours yesterday doing nothing but refreshing BB. It took 25k-30k, somewhere in that range, of charity donations to raise the progress one percentage point. So depending on the size of the missions that did pop up, sometimes it took 4-5 donations just to raise the progress by 1%. I think that was the some of the dumbest 🤬 I've ever done in a video game. :crazy:

image.png

But I should have my trade Cutter by tomorrow evening. I need to grind about 160 million yet, to be able to set it up as a great trader. I will be trading in my type 9 as well for it, and I think I will actually miss it. There's something relaxing about flying it. ( once you know when to slow so you don't pass by your target station, that's a pain when you have to circle around in a type 9).

Horizons comes out next week for the XB1. I've been looking it up on the Internet, is that just an expansion? I mean I know what's all in it, I was just wondering is it a whole other game, or does it just update the game I have? I'm kind of worried about losing my ships, I may wait until others on XB1 get it so I know what to expect. :nervous:

It's listed as a season pass in steam. £19.99 supposed to get you five add ons. Horizons first engineers second then I don't know what. Nine tenths of the confusion around horizons is due to them releasing it as a full game as well as an update dlc for ED on pc. :ouch:

I'm still waiting for the PS4 version to be announced. NMS comes out next month but I want some ED on the PS4 as well.

I was reading on that, how it was also realeased as a full game on steam. I was just curious how it will be on XB1, if it's just an expansion or what. I don't see anything in the Xbox marketplaces for it yet, I guess I'll wait and see.

I seen that it's coming to Ps4 as well, that's really cool. The more people that play and more support they get, the better for everyone.

Some of the things that are coming, I don't know if I'd do much of or not. Being able to be a "gunner" on someone's ship, or ride in someone's ship. That may be alright, it kind of sounds boring though. I really haven't played much of any open play yet though, I mainly okay solo. The landing part will be neat I'm sure.

There is no official word on the prospect of Elite Dangerous coming to PS4, just as there has been no official word on NMS coming to Xbox One, we'll just have to wait and see. I don't think that we will hear any big announcements for either game crossing over to other platform at E3 in June. If it ever does happen, my guess is that we won't hear anything until much later this year perhaps even next year. I would love to see both games go cross platform though, keeping my fingers crossed. I think these two games are very different even though they are both space games, and that's a good thing.

As for the Horizons expansion on Xbox one, we will be getting the Engineers DLC too when the expansion is released in June, I can't wait to try the looting and crafting system out. Being able to craft your own custom mods for your ships sounds like a nice addition to go along with being able to land on planets, drive the buggy and mine with it, land on bases and all of that good stuff.

Plus later this year we'll get the customize your avatar feature, multi-crew ships and the ability to carry a fighter ship (Sidewinder etc) in the larger ships like the Keelback, Anaconda, Cutter, Corvette etc.

So I made it into a Type-7 and upgraded it to hold 212T cargo, my same trade route is now 3 jumps and that's with a massively upgraded FSD, that's the downside, My roundtrip run is now 20 minutes instead of 15-16 but I am making $419,000 per run which is 1.25 million an hour. Since I only have about 1.5 hours a night to play, 2 hours on a good night, this means I can easily pull in 2 million a night, which averages about 40 million every 20 days. A type 9 costs 76 million, I can see this is going to be a long grind......

The Type 7 is very much like a flying slab of concrete with rebar, it took an adjustment over the type 6, but I'm getting better, plus it's my first large landing pad only ship. I'm still trying not to scrape the ceiling on every station entryway, most of the time I am successful....

Last edited:
So I made it into a Type-7 and upgraded it to hold 212T cargo, my same trade route is now 3 jumps and that's with a massively upgraded FSD, that's the downside, My roundtrip run is now 20 minutes instead of 15-16 but I am making $419,000 per run which is 1.25 million an hour. Since I only have about 1.5 hours a night to play, 2 hours on a good night, this means I can easily pull in 2 million a night, which averages about 40 million every 20 days. A type 9 costs 76 million, I can see this is going to be a long grind......

The Type 7 is very much like a flying slab of concrete with rebar, it took an adjustment over the type 6, but I'm getting better, plus it's my first large landing pad only ship. I'm still trying not to scrape the ceiling on every station entryway, most of the time I am successful....

You really need to trade imperial slaves. I know your a federation guy, but in my type 7 I was making 850k a trip on one or two stop hops. Takes less than 15 minutes a round trip. I was 3.5 mil or so and hour.

The type 7 is slow, wait until you get into a type 9. It's slow slow. Once you start making money in it, you don't mind though. I can't wait to get this Imperial Cutter soon.

image.png

image.png

Well I got my ultimate trade machine. After a ton of grinding for rank, and a couple days of grinding trades. I'm pretty happy with this setup, with the 15% discount in Li Yong-Ruis systems, that setup cost around 260 million.

I like it the way it is, I may upgrade power plants to get a couple more shield booster and one more weapon, probably a turreted beam laser to track enemies behind me. It will be able to hold its own, but I probably won't be hunting anacondas with it. The ship drifts a lot and doesn't turn well at all in a dogfight. The hardpoint placement is great for enemies in front of you, you can nip them up quick, but it isn't close to the all around coverage hardpoint setup the anaconda has. It's easy for small ships to stay out of your crosshairs.

I was looking at some of the parts on this thing, A8 shield generator 140mil,(I won't use that because that's one of my 256 cargo spots), A8 thrusters 138 mil, A8 power plant 143, and those are all on 15% discounts. I seen loadouts for straight battle cutters that are over 1 billion.

It's very fun to fly, it's fast for carrying 720T, and not terrible at turning. Of course I've been trading with the Type 9 for awhile now, so it's a Huge improvement.

I can't find any great prices on my routes right now, I like 4000k+ profit a ton when I run. Right now I'm at a place where it's only 3654 profit per ton, and I just made 2,638,800 on one 12 minute trip. I'll average 12+ million an hour on good prices.

I think now I'm going to play around in my FDL, blow 🤬 up, and watch prices. If I see great prices, I'll run trades for a while. I'd like to bank up a few hundred million slowly, and decide which ships I really need or want. I don't see anything replacing my FDL as my main fighting ship, that things just too kick ass, I don't fear anything in that thing.(anacondas still get me if I'm not careful though). I may A rate an Anaconda just for battle, I'll see. I don't really have any interest in federation ships(especially after grinding Duke in imperial ranks).

I'll put a video of the Cutters cockpit up here when it finally uploads, it's a pimp ride on the inside, and sounds pretty cool too.

Last edited:
@prousonhairy Nice Sig, Honestly, who did Levon Helm not play with? He played with just about everybody under the sun lol. I particularly like his work with John Martyn outside of the Band.

Nice Cutter, that thing looks awesome!

I was able to pull in about 2.6 million in trading before switching to my Viper to get my dogfighting fix and gaining another $550k, got in on a Fer De Lance bounty and made 199K instantly, had a nice one-on-one battle with an Asp explorer that was surprisingly hard to kill plus took down a Python and an Anaconda. I still love my Viper, it's ridiculously upgraded with just about everything you can do to a ship and fun to fly.

I am going to back off the trading a little bit and do some exploring, I really miss flying my Asp Explorer and I want to get my rank up from 'Scout'. The Asp is really one of the best ships in the game, I'm going to equip it with an advanced discovery scanner and a surface scanner before heading out. I probably won't venture too far away form my home system yet because I like being able to switch ships without having a 20 minute FSD journey to get back home but eventually I do want to embark on 400ly journey out into the black.

@prousonhairy Nice Sig, Honestly, who did Levon Helm not play with? He played with just about everybody under the sun lol. I particularly like his work with John Martyn outside of the Band.

Nice Cutter, that thing looks awesome!

I was able to pull in about 2.6 million in trading before switching to my Viper to get my dogfighting fix and gaining another $550k, got in on a Fer De Lance bounty and made 199K instantly, had a nice one-on-one battle with an Asp explorer that was surprisingly hard to kill plus took down a Python and an Anaconda. I still love my Viper, it's ridiculously upgraded with just about everything you can do to a ship and fun to fly.

I am going to back off the trading a little bit and do some exploring, I really miss flying my Asp Explorer and I want to get my rank up from 'Scout'. The Asp is really one of the best ships in the game, I'm going to equip it with an advanced discovery scanner and a surface scanner before heading out. I probably won't venture too far away form my home system yet because I like being able to switch ships without having a 20 minute FSD journey to get back home but eventually I do want to embark on 400ly journey out into the black.
Hey man thanks! I love The Band. They are very under appreciated by today's generation.

Exploring is cool, but I could never go out on 2000 LY journeys away from everything and just do that. I would get bored real quick. The other day, I got my explorer rank up to Trailblazer, to get more of those classified Data missions for rank progression. It takes forever, it is fun but it gets boring. I think that's going to be the hardest one to get to elite. Just to get elite, from the 2nd highest rank, I think it's 100 million credits of exploration data to turn in. That's insane, I explored for hours the other day, just to get the 1.5 I needed to go from surveyor to trailblazer.

Speaking of Bulletin Boards, I tried the one at Tun this morning. Yeah it's way easier for federation. I got to chief petty officer in no time at all, enough to get the Federal Assault Ship. It's a night and day difference getting charity missions to show up in Cubeo for imperial. How Tuns bulletin board is all the time, your lucky if you get a 10 minute run like that every couple of hours. Then you switch stations, refresh the board several times, maybe get one or 2 charity missions. Switch stations etc. It really was a nightmare. @wraith of horus is going through the grind right now. I only did it for a bit though. I may go back every now and then to grind it, but I not going to do it straight through lie I did imperial. I'll get a corvette eventually.

I just switched back to doing some trading in my cutter to save up for an FAS, and got interdicted by a Python. I tore him up Good once I got him in front of me, it's just such a pain in the ass to get around to them. This ships fast, it's just not great at maneuvering. Better thrusters would help some though, and I'm still lacking my huge hardpoint and several more shield boosters I can put on. He only dropped my shields one ring as it is.

Speaking of the FAS, I do want to save up for either the Federal Assault Ship or the Federal Gunship, here is a side by side comparison between the Drop Ship Assault ship and Gunship I found.

fed_ships5.jpg

Speaking of the FAS, I do want to save up for either the Federal Assault Ship or the Federal Gunship, here is a side by side comparison between the Drop Ship Assault ship and Gunship I found.

fed_ships5.jpg
I've been doing a lot of research on the both of them too. The gunship has better armor and hardpoint placement, but the assault ship still has great armor, and is way more maneuverable, and faster. For PVE solo play, I think the assault ship is a way better option. The gunship is more a fire support ship that would do great in a wing in open play with others. The gunship will be able to deploy a fighter though, it's the smallest ship that can. Plus the FAS is way cheaper. 85 million with the discount will A rate everything. The gunship is probably more like 150+ A rated.

The shields aren't great on any of those 3, I think I would skip the shield cell boosters and go with hull reinforcements instead. The build I made for the FAS, and may get, had bi weave shields and a auto maintenance unit for repairs at a RES site. I figure mine with a kill warrant scanner, but those take so much power. They give you a lot more credits per bounty though.

Edit: from what I read the dropship is the worst of those 3.

I've been doing a lot of research on the both of them too. The gunship has better armor and hardpoint placement, but the assault ship still has great armor, and is way more maneuverable, and faster. For PVE solo play, I think the assault ship is a way better option. The gunship is more a fire support ship that would do great in a wing in open play with others. The gunship will be able to deploy a fighter though, it's the smallest ship that can. Plus the FAS is way cheaper. 85 million with the discount will A rate everything. The gunship is probably more like 150+ A rated.

The shields aren't great on any of those 3, I think I would skip the shield cell boosters and go with hull reinforcements instead. The build I made for the FAS, and may get, had bi weave shields and a auto maintenance unit for repairs at a RES site. I figure mine with a kill warrant scanner, but those take so much power. They give you a lot more credits per bounty though.

Edit: from what I read the dropship is the worst of those 3.

I think the Keelback is the smallest ship that can deploy a fighter, unless it's larger than the Gunship, I'm not completely sure. I haven't seen a side by side comparison of those two ships yet. Either way, that is good info to know, I will definitely get the FAS first, at 19 million it's very affordable, I should be back up there in about 5 days. I'm at about 10 million right now but I will need quite a bit more to upgrade it. The FAS is one of the best looking ships in the game imo. I also need to rank up one more time, I haven't been focusing on that at all lately.

I think the Keelback is the smallest ship that can deploy a fighter, unless it's larger than the Gunship, I'm not completely sure. I haven't seen a side by side comparison of those two ships yet. Either way, that is good info to know, I will definitely get the FAS first, at 19 million it's very affordable, I should be back up there in about 5 days. I'm at about 10 million right now but I will need quite a bit more to upgrade it. The FAS is one of the best looking ships in the game imo. I also need to rank up one more time, I haven't been focusing on that at all lately.
Really, for the price of maxed gunship, you can get an FDL and max it. The FDL is far surperior. I think the FAS is way better than the gunship, and it's a lot cheaper.

There's a couple of shipbuilding websites that you can play around with and it will show you the costs, and power use, Jump range etc as you build it. It's handy. I use ED shipyard the most. Coreolis shipyard is good too, I like ED better because it's more optimized for mobile phone, as I don't have a PC. You can put in discounts too, like the 15% off ship. On ED you can't figure the part discount, but that will give you a safe number to shoot for then.

Here's a link to ED shipyard.

http://www.edshipyard.com/

Latest Posts

Back