Elite: Dangerous

• Thread starter marky5244
  • 749 comments
So I bought my anaconda couple days ago. It's only a 4A shield generator with a light build for trading. But I can make at minimum 1.5m per run with 448 tons of cargo space. I lost my and the other night but had enough rebuy, so I made more money trading Wed afternoon. Wednesday night I got my 780 merits for power play so going to get my 5 mill salary from Zenia Torval. It's also worth noting you get5% trade dividends for trading in zemina controlled systems and 5% when trading in a Wing online with friends. This ship is deadly with 4 E4 huge gimballed pulse lasers. Two small pulse lasers, two medium multi Canons. It still took targets a while to take out a 4A shield though. I still need to get to count. I'm gonna try hard to get to Duke before horizons releases. I am seriously running out of time. I just haven't had time to do ranking up.
Mon_May_23_02-40-55_UTC2B0100_2016.png

So there was a 9.2 GB update today, and they redid some things. On Xb1, you can now play in private mode, which is great I think. I'd like to fly with my friends with just us an NpCs.

They redid the bulletin board system. It's now called "mission board". You have a list of I guess local leaders from in the system, that you can pick missions from.

The downside of this is, I am in Tun and I don't see any charity donation missions in the new format. I'll have to see how much a mission increases the percentage towards rank progression, but this may mean it's going to be a lot longer time gaining ranks. I hope not, we will see, but I'm really glad I at least got my imperial rank to Duke for the cutter. I was going to go for the Federal corvette, but that may change until a much later date now. I'm almost to rank 7, I'm 99% warrant officer, so I'll be able to buy all the federation ships besides the corvette.

I'm guessing that 9.2 GB probably included a lot of data for horizons. The main screen now shows one of those lander buggy things.

I guess I'll head out and see what else has changed. I'll report back in with any information. Commander RolnD79 signing out. 👍

So there was a 9.2 GB update today, and they redid some things. On Xb1, you can now play in private mode, which is great I think. I'd like to fly with my friends with just us an NpCs.

They redid the bulletin board system. It's now called "mission board". You have a list of I guess local leaders from in the system, that you can pick missions from.

The downside of this is, I am in Tun and I don't see any charity donation missions in the new format. I'll have to see how much a mission increases the percentage towards rank progression, but this may mean it's going to be a lot longer time gaining ranks. I hope not, we will see, but I'm really glad I at least got my imperial rank to Duke for the cutter. I was going to go for the Federal corvette, but that may change until a much later date now. I'm almost to rank 7, I'm 99% warrant officer, so I'll be able to buy all the federation ships besides the corvette.

I'm guessing that 9.2 GB probably included a lot of data for horizons. The main screen now shows one of those lander buggy things.

I guess I'll head out and see what else has changed. I'll report back in with any information. Commander RolnD79 signing out. 👍

Interesting, I'll definitely check it out tonight, sucks about Tun though, I didn't really get a chance to rank up. I'm still a Petty officer because just about all I have been doing lately is trading in the type 7.

Thanks for the heads up on the update, that just saved me a bunch of downtime. Now I will DL the update before dinner so it's done when I am ready to play.

I still need to figure out how the whole powerplay system works, the most merits I've ever gained in one week is 20, of course I don't spend much time on them at all. I'm still rank one, I would like to get to Rank 2 at least so I can earn the special Flak Cannon, I'm pledged with Zachary Hudson.

Last edited:
Interesting, I'll definitely check it out tonight, sucks about Tun though, I didn't really get a chance to rank up. I'm still a Petty officer because just about all I have been doing lately is trading in the type 7.

Thanks for the heads up on the update, that just saved me a bunch of downtime. Now I will DL the update before dinner so it's done when I am ready to play.
The outfitting menus different too, you can bookmark locations on galaxy map, there's new huge weapons for huge hardpoints available. Lots of changes for a free update. And horizons is coming next week. :cheers:

I love this new update, it's almost like a brand new game. The Mission Board interface menus are far more interactive. You can literally see the cause and effect of causing factions to destabilize within a system. But before I get any further into the better graphics, gameplay, I want to talk about how much better the Audio is now. I love hearing new voices when docking at different stations, I must have heard at least 5 different characters going from station to station. It is a huge upgrade over the bland Siri voice saying "Docking Request Granted". I heard German accents, a pleasant sounding Texas country-gal accent, a dead ringer for a Mr. Sulu voice, and your typical classic male military com-link voice; and there might be more than those. It just makes the audio soundtrack a far more immersive experience. Out of all the new changes, that one caught me off guard the most.

I spent most of the night in my type-7 despite planning to do otherwise. I mainly did trade missions from the mission board because the pay was much better. I was making anywhere from $250,000 to $800,000 just doing one-hop jumps that took 10 minutes or less. I notice my Federation rank did creep up a bit, I went from 31% to 34% in about an hour, a far cry from the old charity missions though. Speaking of charity missions, I did see some pop up, most were of the 'deliver this to us' variety. The few that were strictly of the 'donate to our station' variety would cost $125,000 if you hit accept, so it's safe to say they nerfed that way to rank up big time.

The graphics looked great, the detail on planet surfaces looks improved. I think there a change in the Physics engine too, I didn't notice it for most of the night because I was flying the type-7 but in the last 30 minutes I decided to jump in my Viper MKIII and fly out to a nav point for a couple of bounties and that's when I noticed it, everything felt sharper than before, I saw a Imperial Clipper and went after it, that ship seemed to maneuver far better than before. I destroyed it in no time with some help but it did put up a good fight. Maybe it's my imagination after flying the type7, I'll have to put more time in a smaller ship tonight.

That 9GB update add so many things, I am already seeing planetary base missions, though we can't do them yet. One thing I noticed is that Jettisoning your cargo now has two options, you can jettison it to return later and grab it again, or you can jettison it to discard it permanently. I also was awarded parts and materials, I went in to the submenu and some of them had to do with the upcoming Engineers DLC, others like Mounting Plates and Coils I just sold in the market to maximize my cargo space. There is definitely lots of good things coming soon, I'm very excited to keep playing this game.

I bought the Horizons season pack on steam yesterday and it gives me the same sound upgrades, mission board and much better equipment screens as well.

I think the xb1 update at 9.2 GBS has horizons in it, we'll just have to pay for it next week and maybe download a bit more.

I also like all the new menus etc. the bookmarking feature is great. There are a few bugs on the Xb1 version that came with the update. Sometimes when you get to a system, there's big, ugly multicolored pixelated glitch patches. Some of them take up almost the whole view in the backtound as your flying. They don't block anything, you can still see the planets, they just look terrible. There's also an issue I ran into at RES sites or asteroid fields. Black "blotches" will sometimes obscure things in your cockpit. It's bad when it happens, not only is it terrible looking, it can hide your radar and other things. It only last around ten seconds or so. I had it happen 4-5 times in the hour I was at the RES site. It's almost like its something to do with the shadows of the asteroids, I can't really describe it. They move around as you move. Some kind of texturing issue or something. Frontier is aware of both of those problems.

One other issue I'm having, I can't find any naval Ascension missions. I'm stuck at 100% warrant officer. I've been to multiple federation stations in multiple systems, Andrews just don't have any. Before the update, once you got to 100%, you just switched stations or hopped a system and they were on every BB.

And yeah, the fast ranking in imperial or federation looks like it's a thing of the past. I've seen a couple charity missions that take donation credits. One was 500k, and the other was a million. I donated both, the million gave me a one percent increase on Duke, from 3% to 4%. :lol:. I can't tell what the 500k one did, because I'm stuck on 100% in federation. Give it a few weeks, maybe people will come up with other fast ways to rank up in this new system.

I was chatting with someone in the Frontier Forums, and the enemy AI is also a lot tougher than they were. They have more firepower, and I noticed my shields drop a lot more than they used too. They also seem to have more armor, and they use a lot more chaff. I wonder if they Nerfed shields some as well. They don't seem as strong as they were pre update.

Edit: oh yeah, and the new class 4 gimballed weapons kick ass. There's a 4A pulse laser, a 4A multi cannon and a 4A beam laser. That's a lot better selection then just the couple you could pick from before. I haven't tried th beam laser yet, my FDL doesn't have enough PowerPlant to run it the way I have it set up, without turning a bunch of stuff off. The pulse laser and multi cannon are huge looking though. I've been switching between those two, I can't decide which one I like more.

Last edited:
For those of you on Xbox One, hit the start button over the ED icon and select game management and see if the base game and the Arena are installed. I checked mine last night and only the physics engine was installed. I quickly installed them both and now the game seems to run a bit smoother, I noticed the transition between Supercruise and normal is a lot faster now, and the galaxy map opens up a lot faster too.

] I can't tell you how many time my ED UI has slowed down, crashed or just quit to main menu since this 9GB update. The large patches of pixelated space have happened too frequently to count. You have to restart the game to get rid of it. If you don't eventually the game freezes anyway forcing you to.

I had no problems in the prior update but there is bound to be bugs and glitches in an update this big with this many changes. I haven't fought an npc yet since doing the update last night and doing some trading for couple hours npcs did not interdict me once. I'm sure it will happen.

I read somewhere there could be a glitch with the shields going down in 1-3 hits from a small ship npc by being hit with any weapon. If you go into outfitting, sell parts and reinstall them it fixes this apparently. But i read this on frontier forums.

Everything else is awesome. I love the bookmarking feature and yes the galaxy map really does open up much quicker now. Also the little clock in the info menu is a nice addition. It will be nice to actually customize my ships drives for speed.

I'm looking forward to the customization we can do to ships and weapons big time although as prousionhairy told me it seems like a grind to forever find them ingredients and resources for what they need.

Plus charity missions that ask you for 150 to 500K for little increase in reputation or rank seems crazy stupid to me.

Here is the massive changelog for you guys to read through. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=253924 There are a lot of changes. So I guess we should expect there to be bugs, glitches and crashes with such major changes made. I love the fact that we can now use the classified camera mode in super cruise now.

I just bought my Imperial Clipper. And Wow this ships is jaw dropping beautiful. Heres some pictures i took.
Sat_May_28_11-57-40_UTC2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_11-18-23_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_11-18-37_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_11-18-48_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_11-19-00_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_11-19-13_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_11-19-26_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_11-19-41_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

Oh wow heres some more. I just also realized you can use Classified Camera Mode while Docked in a station. And look how close you can get and how detailed the models are now. The compression from Game DVR to one drive to gtplanet doesn't do them justice. The picture detail on the non compressed look amazing.

Sat_May_28_12-42-22_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

Sat_May_28_12-35-26_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_12-35-52_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_12-36-11_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_12-36-28_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_12-39-24_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_12-39-39_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_12-41-28_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_12-41-44_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

And here is some shots of my Anaconda in ICE White.

Sat_May_28_14-57-25_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_14-57-41_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_14-58-01_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_14-58-33_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_14-59-10_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_14-59-27_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

Sat_May_28_14-59-43_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_15-00-00_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_15-00-39_UTC%2B0100_2016.png
Sat_May_28_15-01-29_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

Sat_May_28_15-01-07_UTC%2B0100_2016.png

Last edited:
So apparently the AI is all roided up after this last update. :lol:

There's a bunch of people complaining, and I'm sure they will be a nerf coming. The problem is, some of the AI have modded weapons and shields etc. So it's a entire new ballgame now. An imperial courier or cobra that you wouldn't have even blinked at, can tear you up. They are faster, more maneuverable, and more of a challenge. A lot of new players are having a tough time, and I kind of feel sorry for them.

Some of these new weapons, can drop an A rated shield setup with shield boosters, in no time at all. Interdictions are off the wall now, and it's Elite FDLs and Elite Anacondas every time. Commanders in big ships are having the worst time, the smaller ships are a handful for them, and people in pythons and anacondas are getting hammered by buybacks. It seems now your better off in something fast and medium/small, that can boost out and let your shields recharge, or just boost away and run.

My opinion, they are definitely a lot tougher, especially anything deadly/dangerous/elite. You need to be a lot smarter and wiser about what you take on in certain situations. As of now, taking on wings of 3 solo (even if they are sidewinders) is not a good idea at all. You'll be at 50% hull before you know it, and without thrusters to leave, no matter what your shield setup is. The police/law enforcement are also jacked up, which is good in a way. I noticed they jump in and help anyone getting attacked fast.

Haz RES are a lot tougher, if you go there, be very careful who you pick a fight with. Basically the way it is now, if you get ganged up on, you better start thinking of an escape plan, because it doesn't take long before your in bad shape.

Nav beacons are safe, you'll find wanted ships there, but the law enforcement presence is very high, and there can be 4-5 anacondas running around as police, so it's pretty safe, and if you get a couple shots in on a tough enemy, you get an easy bounty because they don't last long once the law gets on them.

I understand why frontier did it this way, we are getting scans from ships with the mods, that we will be able to use in engineers to Mod our ships. The same way with the materials they drop. You can see both of these in your inventory now, and the materials for engineers don't take up cargo space, neither does the data. You can hold 600 materials and 200 data scans, and they tranfer betwen ships.

I think the interdictions need to be toned way down, it's running new players off. I was trading all day yesterday, and I know how to get away, but I decided to try fighting an elite FDL that interdicted me, bad idea. He had me down to 30% hull in no time, and I barely made it out. Some of the new weapons drop your shields almost instantly, and they can take your thrusters out and then your really hosed, there's several different effects they have. I was getting interdicted constantly, they weren't damaging me when I ran, but it was annoying . Sometimes 7-8 times in a row before I could get to a station. New players in a type 7 or type 9 are getting destroyed a lot.

I did read on some of these mods we will have access to. ( once we do Missions for the engineers and grind for god knows how many hours.) Some of them will be really cool and make your ship godlike. You can mod your thrusters, make you more manueverable and faster. There's people can boost 500 now with mods. You can mod your shields to make them more resistent to a certain damage, or more resistent to all damage( you probably get more resistance if you pick a single damage, and if you pick a mod that resists all damage it will probably be a lower percentage of resistence against all), you can mod your PowerPlant to give you more power supply(perfect for some ships that have power issues). You can mod your FSD, to make it charge faster or make you jump further distances. And weapons of course.

It's going to be really neat once everyone figures it out. I've been collecting materials already and data scans. Even though it only comes out for XB1 this Friday.

It is a bit unfair for someone who isn't planning on buying horizons/engineers, because I think the way frontier did it is beefed up the enemy AI now with mods, so when we get modded up, we won't be super overpowered compared to them. That sucks though and it's not a practical gameplan, it almost makes people have to buy it to stay competitive. I don't think it will stay this way though, there's way too many people complaining about it. I don't really mind it, I like the challenge, but I've been playing for a little bit now, and can hold my own.

The biggest thing is, just watch what you do, who you take on, and know when it's time to GTFO. :)

So apparently the AI is all roided up after this last update. :lol:

There's a bunch of people complaining, and I'm sure they will be a nerf coming. The problem is, some of the AI have modded weapons and shields etc. So it's a entire new ballgame now. An imperial courier or cobra that you wouldn't have even blinked at, can tear you up. They are faster, more maneuverable, and more of a challenge. A lot of new players are having a tough time, and I kind of feel sorry for them.

Some of these new weapons, can drop an A rated shield setup with shield boosters, in no time at all. Interdictions are off the wall now, and it's Elite FDLs and Elite Anacondas every time. Commanders in big ships are having the worst time, the smaller ships are a handful for them, and people in pythons and anacondas are getting hammered by buybacks. It seems now your better off in something fast and medium/small, that can boost out and let your shields recharge, or just boost away and run.

My opinion, they are definitely a lot tougher, especially anything deadly/dangerous/elite. You need to be a lot smarter and wiser about what you take on in certain situations. As of now, taking on wings of 3 solo (even if they are sidewinders) is not a good idea at all. You'll be at 50% hull before you know it, and without thrusters to leave, no matter what your shield setup is. The police/law enforcement are also jacked up, which is good in a way. I noticed they jump in and help anyone getting attacked fast.

Haz RES are a lot tougher, if you go there, be very careful who you pick a fight with. Basically the way it is now, if you get ganged up on, you better start thinking of an escape plan, because it doesn't take long before your in bad shape.

Nav beacons are safe, you'll find wanted ships there, but the law enforcement presence is very high, and there can be 4-5 anacondas running around as police, so it's pretty safe, and if you get a couple shots in on a tough enemy, you get an easy bounty because they don't last long once the law gets on them.

I understand why frontier did it this way, we are getting scans from ships with the mods, that we will be able to use in engineers to Mod our ships. The same way with the materials they drop. You can see both of these in your inventory now, and the materials for engineers don't take up cargo space, neither does the data. You can hold 600 materials and 200 data scans, and they tranfer betwen ships.

I think the interdictions need to be toned way down, it's running new players off. I was trading all day yesterday, and I know how to get away, but I decided to try fighting an elite FDL that interdicted me, bad idea. He had me down to 30% hull in no time, and I barely made it out. Some of the new weapons drop your shields almost instantly, and they can take your thrusters out and then your really hosed, there's several different effects they have. I was getting interdicted constantly, they weren't damaging me when I ran, but it was annoying . Sometimes 7-8 times in a row before I could get to a station. New players in a type 7 or type 9 are getting destroyed a lot.

I did read on some of these mods we will have access to. ( once we do Missions for the engineers and grind for god knows how many hours.) Some of them will be really cool and make your ship godlike. You can mod your thrusters, make you more manueverable and faster. There's people can boost 500 now with mods. You can mod your shields to make them more resistent to a certain damage, or more resistent to all damage( you probably get more resistance if you pick a single damage, and if you pick a mod that resists all damage it will probably be a lower percentage of resistence against all), you can mod your PowerPlant to give you more power supply(perfect for some ships that have power issues). You can mod your FSD, to make it charge faster or make you jump further distances. And weapons of course.

It's going to be really neat once everyone figures it out. I've been collecting materials already and data scans. Even though it only comes out for XB1 this Friday.

It is a bit unfair for someone who isn't planning on buying horizons/engineers, because I think the way frontier did it is beefed up the enemy AI now with mods, so when we get modded up, we won't be super overpowered compared to them. That sucks though and it's not a practical gameplan, it almost makes people have to buy it to stay competitive. I don't think it will stay this way though, there's way too many people complaining about it. I don't really mind it, I like the challenge, but I've been playing for a little bit now, and can hold my own.

The biggest thing is, just watch what you do, who you take on, and know when it's time to GTFO. :)

The problem is trading in my Conda, when interdicted by any ship, you just can't take them on. They've made the AI so good that the AI make no mistakes, out manoeuvre you like superman on steroids. I can't even catch them or get behind a python or anaconda when in a fight or any of the smaller ships. Your shields are down too quickly. I just have to quit the game. Its not like my anaconda is A rated even. I have super poor shield with a low mega jules of strength. I'm a sitting duck. But there is no way I am changing out a cargo bay yet for a better shield. I need to make money and the most i can and that what I will do. Any ship that interdict me if i can't escape I will just quit the game.

Seriously FD need to make this easier. I understand with the super amazing mods why ships are so tough, powerful or fast now its just unfair. And you don't really stand much chance. They should make the interdictions a lot less or it not as difficult. Ramp down the AI intelligence maybe or let them make more mistakes or give opportunity for attack when your in any ship even a big one. Making or forcing people to use mods with the engineers is not the best way to gameplan. What if people don't want to mod their ship? Every NPC should not be this difficult, and every npc should not have amazing magical super weapons and mods.

I can't enjoy combat the same now they've made it too hard. It just makes me sort of worry every time i'm interdicted. It wasting valuable trading and game time having to quit game because you can't win the fight unless you have your ship, fully a rated with tough armour and shields.

Last edited:
Have I just become rubbish at this game?

Back in January I used to go to the nav beacon near Chango dock and bounty hunt. Did quite well out of it.

I didn't play since then and now I go there and get destroyed.

It isn't my skill I am sure. I play Rise of Flight and do well so I am sure my dogfighting skill is ok. My ship is an eagle.

Have I just become rubbish at this game?

Back in January I used to go to the nav beacon near Chango dock and bounty hunt. Did quite well out of it.

I didn't play since then and now I go there and get destroyed.

It isn't my skill I am sure. I play Rise of Flight and do well so I am sure my dogfighting skill is ok. My ship is an eagle.
No you're not rubbish, there are just Incredible Hulk AI running around now with modded super weapons you have to watch out for. :crazy:

How do I tell what I can kill and what I should avoid?
Most anything ranked deadly/dangerous/elite has them. Plus if they are engaging some one else, you can see weapon fire you've never noticed before. I found Nav beacons super safe, because a lot of the security ships have them too, and they take out bad guys pronto. If you scan them, I think you can see some of there weapon info in one of the menus too. You just have to be a bit more careful when engaging, and if it's just you, avoid wings of dangerous/elite ranked AI, unless there's security nearby The lower ranked enemies are usually ok.

Interdictions are the big problem now. If your hauling anything of value or important, It's elite FDLS and anacondas interdicting you, don't even try engaging just run. But their weapons can knock out your shields right away, or thrusters.

Last edited:
I am having a small issue.

Picked up a mission to deliver some info (so I didn't lose the cargo despite being killed twice :lol: ) and I got to the place and can't find where to hand in the mission.

Picked up a mission to deliver some info (so I didn't lose the cargo despite being killed twice :lol: ) and I got to the place and can't find where to hand in the mission.
Is it a "data boom" mission where your supposed to turn it in at the bulletin board of a station, or one of those missions where someone is supposed to contact you? The ones where someone's supposed to contact you, I don't do those because sometimes they never show up.

I think that's another bug in the latest update. It's happened to me twice now. The first time, I left the station and requested docking again and once I landed a second time I was able to turn the mission in. Second time that didn't work and I had to just abandon the mission. Thankfully it was transporting some weapons so I was able to sell the now "stolen" weapons on the black market and I actually made more from that than the mission would have rewarded me, lol.

Am I doing it right? :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm thoroughly enjoying this game. The learning curve is steep but once you just get out there and pushing yourself into it you start to pick it up fairly well.

Still trying to figure out what's the best way to maneuver during dog fights, but I'm fairing ok so far.

I've just recently caught onto that. 👍 was wondering if there would be anything else outside if that.

I honestly couldn't tell you lol. I only just started playing a little over a week ago. I avoid fights at all costs. Especially after this update has made some NPCs incredibly deadly. I've mostly been doing courier missions. So far I'm in a Cobra Mk III with just some weapons upgrades just in case SHTF and I can't escape an interdiction. Currently saving to get a better FSD so I can jump farther than 10ly.

4 pips to your engines as well, when you need to flip around quick makes a big difference in maneuvering. You can test it out just flying around solo. 4 pips to your system when your getting hammered, makes your shields stronger.

The cobra mkIII was the first ship I bought, I still have it and love flying it. You'll be able to boost 500+ with mods in it. With horizons we can buy the cobra MKIV. It's not as fast, but has extra hardpoints.

Sorry to double post, but this here is the type of money you can make in a cutter in 10-15 minute one hop trade routes:

image.png

The that's about 3870 profit per ton, great prices can get up to 4200-4300 rarely. The last 3 days the prices have been horrible, 3400 -3600 per ton was good if you could find it. I was still making 2,300,000-2,500,000 per trip, but losing out on that extra 300-500k a trip sucked. That's 1.2-2 million lost profit an hour. :crazy: :lol:

Edit: I did read you can make big jack on bulletin boards now, if you get friendly with the minor opposing factions on the bulletin boards, you get super high priced delivery missions. One guy said he made 43 million in 15 minutes doing 7-8 of them at once. That seems really outrageous to me, so I don't know if he was being straight or not, but I did read of people finding 10 million dollar missions for easy stuff.

Last edited:
I need to look up into this whole trading scenario, apparently :lol: I'll try to do that during the week and look up some info on it and hopefully get started soon.

Anyone have advice on where to pick up good ships and modules/weapons. Preferably near the I Bootis (the one with Chango in it) system as that's where I bounty hunt.

As for weapons I am looking for multicannons (my best gun) or pulse lasers (as they don't drain my money on ammo).

You should buy all your ships and modules in systems controlled by Li Yong Rui, they are all 15% off. As far as locations, Fisher Port in LP 128-9 has a good selection of ships and modules. Also Diaguandri, Pikum, and Lembava have great ships and outfitting. All of the above are in Li Yong Rui controlled systems, you don't have to be pledged to him or anything, it's 15% off for everyone, unless it's a contested system, but none of those are.

https://m.reddit.com/r/EliteSirius/comments/3x281h/list_of_ships_in_stock_at_a_handful_of_lyr/

That's a list there, it's older and might not be 100% accurate. I know Ising Dock in 109 piscium doesn't have ships anymore, I used to store my cobra there and last I checked they were all gone.

I need to look up into this whole trading scenario, apparently :lol: I'll try to do that during the week and look up some info on it and hopefully get started soon.

Trading. I'm sure it's still the most lucrative method of making money and the most reliable. Either short one hop trips or multi hop long trips. Imperial slaves will still bring in the most profit per ton. Others are Medical diagnostic equipment, or selling enough palladium. I stick to slaves as it still tends to average the highest profits reliably.

Speaking of imperial slaves, I found this quite amusing. I was reading on the frontier forums the other day, and I came across some guy saying they didn't trade imperial slaves because they wanted to play as a "morally correct character".

I thought to myself "Ok buddy, you keep on banking your "video game morals", and I'll keep on banking 12 million credits per hour trading imperial slaves." :lol:

Back