Emergency Update Incoming NOT 1.07

I noticed that at least 2 players that were constantly leading in the top ten standings(nations and mfgs races) are now gone. Booted for "cheating" possibly...? Orma_snow and TRL_Doodle.
Snow and I have missed a few races this season. That's why we're not on the standings.

I've had Sennna in my race before, he's a bit dirty at times but stupid fast.

Really??? I usually go for 4 or even 5 in the back.
I like that you can touch the breaks and add a lot of turn in.

Do you guys change break balance for each turn? How do you decide the best balance?

I tend to keep moving the balance to the back till it stops undrsteering in the heaviest breaking point. Should I do something different?
For AWD cars I go with +3 or 4 in the rear, for FF it's a tossup depending on car, RCZ behaves better with -1 and Megane is better with +2 since all you have to do is let off the foot when going around turns while still in 3rd or 4th gear and that +2 will slow it down without causing the front to weave.

Yep. from what I've seen.

I don't think I've raced senna. I know I've raced Doodle, Snow, Hellzfire, and IOF... They are crazy fast and very clean!

Yesterday, I started 3rd... IOF had pole. He went off in 1 and I got the lead. That lasted for 1 lap. On the 2nd lap, I looked up at my mirror at the bridge. I didn't see anyone. IOF was on my tail at the hairpin. I just let him go. No way was I gonna hold him off.

I don't think I've raced senna. I know I've raced Doodle, Snow, Hellzfire, and IOF... They are crazy fast and very clean!

Yesterday, I started 3rd... IOF had pole. He went off in 1 and I got the lead. That lasted for 1 lap. On the 2nd lap, I looked up at my mirror at the bridge. I didn't see anyone. IOF was on my tail at the hairpin. I just let him go. No way was I gonna hold him off.
I crossed paths with doodle early on. I wouldn't say I raced him cause he was goooone. What little I saw of his taillights I can say he gives using the whole track a new meaning. I'm not that brave.

I crossed paths with doodle early on. I wouldn't say I raced him cause he was goooone. What little I saw of his taillights I can say he gives using the whole track a new meaning. I'm not that brave.

I actually hung in there once with Snow, Mr. Man, Speedcenter and a few others. Granted I was running 5th or 6th. It was like F1 the way they all followed each other. I screwed up on lap 4 or 5 and they left me.

Snow and I have missed a few races this season. That's why we're not on the standings.

Lol The thought of you guys cheating cracks me up. Nah, they've got the magic touch. I've watched some of Snows' races and I dunno how you guys do it.

I was 6th on the Manufacturers board after round 2 (skipped oval) so I like to think they just wanted to give us a glimpse of hope..

..before swooping in to crush everyone for the rest of the season :lol: Maybe I'll see you guys out there tonight. Good luck!

Why did they change the times for the manufacture races? I was doing every race and now I can’t because I’m at work. They have them all close together too. Why not every other hour instead of a four hour window?

What?

Snow and @Doodle are possibly on the top 3 of the fastest american drivers in the game, alongside IOF.

They do not cheat. If they're not on the top 10 it means they did not make any laptimes there. If they did, they'll reach the leaderboards. They're that good.

One player that we think might be cheating is TRL_Sennna. He sometimes does laptimes 2 seconds faster than these guys i mentioned.
I was not accusing anyone of cheating, just didnt see them up there, thought polyphony may have patched them out with the update.

Why did they change the times for the manufacture races? I was doing every race and now I can’t because I’m at work. They have them all close together too. Why not every other hour instead of a four hour window?

The first attempt of schedule was really bad for people on the east coast and south america. In most part of Brazil, the earliest race begun at 12:00 am.

But i like your idea. Would be good to have bigger gaps between the race slots and let everyone be happy. With 7 different timezones on the continent it's not easy to satisfy everyone.

By reading your posts guys about time attack - you've reminded me of my first times attempts to do GT5 gold records.
I remember that time when i tired the Top Gear challenge of the SLS AMG X)
The tires were forcely comfort ( if i remember correctly ) on that challenge :)
I had to scan the whole track - studying the car's reaction to the driving lines i pick & the best places to brake & throttle with also countersteer.
Sometimes i'll be forced to drift on certain corners to keep the pace fast around the track X)
I remember i hit top 50 with a controller for the time attack challenge for Top Gear Test Track on GT5 X)
Man - was it difficult to get a hold of skiddy heavy car with high HP, but on the moving of the time i got used to it to unleash it's potantial :)
"The most difficult thing between the racers are breaking" ( A line from Takahashi Ryouske - Initial-D ) he is right - the timing - the shifting - the steering - the surface of the corner - the throttle input based on the speed, the turning radius of the corner & the turning degree of the car body when cutting the corners.
All of that needs a very patient mind - super human reflexes - a very gentle hands on the steering - a very stable muscle movement on the throttle either by foot or hands ( Steering Wheel or Controller ) your Stamina & Mental Strength are #1 priority to do fast laps because the amount of pressure & adrenaline you need in order to do fast laps needs & very high focus to achieve that.
Sometimes it reaches to the point that you'll unconsciously turn into a human Auto Pilot mode at sometimes due to how much you've memorized the tracks & the cars reactions ( or should i say - the way the physics engine behaves in the game ) that you'll find yourself thinking about your private life or other things IN the middle of your fast driving without realising that you've destroyed the other racers or time attacks on the track X)
This happened to me many times in drifting rooms in GT5 - Nurburgring time attacks on GT6 or offline racing against the CPU or AI X)
Those who make fast laps - they had trained their minds - their hearts & their bodies with intensity enough for them to become what you see :)
Experience changes your view on many things in your life or on the race track :)

Last edited:
Back