Emergency Update Incoming NOT 1.07

You were driving the RCZ if I remember correctly? I changed the TCS setting a few times during the race. It was the first time I could hear the engine rattle because of TCS in the hairpin. I couldn’t floor it though but almost. I still crashed at 130R when I pushed too hard on the kerbs and you caught me. Feels easier to push. TCS 3 is fine with that car. I was using 2 before 1.06.
Yes that was me. I only caught you because of the crash, but felt it was pointless passing since you are so much faster.

So I just tried the new update and the tire model is better once again! It's now easier (and more realistic) to catch a slide, just like in real life. For those wondering how should I know I've got a '97 Corvette. It was way harder than it is, until now.

Thanks PD, good job.

Edit: TC now also feels much more realistic.

My DR went from a mid D to a mid C with the update. After a long session today I‘m now at a low B. Not bad taking into account that until now it had feld like I wouldn’t get out of D for months.

I have no knowledge of how to change the differential or any other of the possible modifications. Can someone point me toward a video series and/or thread where this kind of stuff is explained in a way that someone who enjoys driving a lot, but has no idea about mechanics, can understand? Would appreciate it!

To quote

Firstly it has adjusted the scheduling for the Daily Races. These are now as follows:

・Daily Race A: Hosted every 15 minutes, 3 races per hour.
・Daily Race B: Hosted every 15 minutes, 3 races per hour.
・Daily Race C: Hosted every 25 minutes, 2 races per hour.

I feel like I'm being trolled by basic mathematics here.

In fact, this is 1.07 update, but is small, minor one.
No new content as they said, but it is update.

Interesting is that Fifa got it's 1.07 update today too - it won't be so much if they didn't get 1.06 on same day...

To quote

Firstly it has adjusted the scheduling for the Daily Races. These are now as follows:

Poor translation! Shoud be: Event duration: 25 minutes, 2 races per hour.

To quote

Yep. No idea how that works! Maybe they mean 'Duration' rather than 'Hosted every'... but then that would be the same as before (Hosted every 20 / 20 / 30 minutes, which they changed to recently).

Doing the Gr4 Interlagos race the other night, I was able to dawdle a bit in the finish screens, save replay etc, then get into the next race with just a few minutes to spare. Take 5 minutes away and I might've had to wait for the race after, so that would annoy me.

So much for this latest update, I've lost 90% of my Campaign times has anyone else had a problem.

Edited to add, I've also noticed with the 10% of times that are showing are not my best times, they were pre 1.06, whats going on.

Glad it’s not just me. I spent a couple of hours the other night getting top ten times on all of the nurburgring circuit experience sectors for a video I’m making, log in today to see I’ve lost them all and my old times are there.

Glad it’s not just me. I spent a couple of hours the other night getting top ten times on all of the nurburgring circuit experience sectors for a video I’m making, log in today to see I’ve lost them all and my old times are there.

This is really annoying because the pre 1.06 patch times that have re appeared are now getting obliterated. So why remove the post 1.06 times when they are similar (maybe even somewhat slower) than since the latest update? Why not merge the two? Having hours of hard work taken away really sucks!!!

Update 1.07 - Grip levels are increased again and every car is now AWD. Traction control and stability management is now forced on for every car.
Update 1.08 - According some players, the physics are still not realistic because the cars still slide around too much, specially exiting corners. PD releases another emergency update making every car literally unspinable, just like in real life.
Update 1.09 - Some players still struggle to keep the car on the track and therefore PD decides to turn every car into Bullet Bill.
Update 1.10 - Some players complain that they actually don't feel like playing car games anymore. PD releases an emergency update converting GT Sport into Call of Duty: Minecraft Edition.
Update 1.11 - Some players uncover a game breaking bug that prevents them from winning online. That or everyone else is cheating. PD sends a trophy to literally everyone. A trophy and a medal. In a statement PD says that "It's not that you ****ing suck at this game. It's the game that is not good enough for you."

Except that's not accurate at all and this update did not " increase grip". Road cars on day one had too little grip ( cars were losing traction at 60 mph on turns, yeah no) and the controller countersteering was seriously messed up.
Dr

Most people might able drive cars very fast but not many can push them to their limits on any track!

99% of people never push the car to the limits, even in a video game. Pushing cars to their limits = fastest lap speeds. Sure many people push a car beyond its limits and wreck, but truly straddling the line is a thing few people have EVER done consistently.

So I've done the Gr3 Suzuka daily three times now. Thought I'd post some basic observations. I wouldn't consider this a good comparison test or anything, because it's my personal experience and how I drive.

Race 1: Qualified for this, time just out of the top 10. Finished 1st but it wasn't easy. I'm using the Mclaren. I would say that forward grip has increased? It feels a bit more stable getting on the throttle. Previously (when I was mostly driving the Ferrari Gr3, which was very unstable), I was using TCS2 and Counter Assist Strong to keep it on track. Driving with this update though, I was able to set this time and complete this race with TCS Off.

Race 2: This time, I tried running TCS Off but Counter Assist Weak. This was kind of a disaster. My qualifying time put me on pole but it only took a couple laps for me to lose it. I just could not keep this car under control. Two reasons here: #1 The "Weak" setting completely screwed me. The steering behaved very differently (even during normal steering, turn in, and not when it was kicking on) which threw me off. I would enter the fast first turn and suddenly the force feedback on my wheel would do a quick twitch and I went sailing off. Reason #2 The real issue I have with these Gr3 cars is the low speed, off throttle, lateral grip. The rear end just wants to swing loose mid corner, all the time, on stuff like the Interlagos tight corners or the slow tight corner on Suzuka. I'm not sure what the issue is but it doesn't seem right to me. These cars are on massive slicks, a wide wheel base, and slow corners. Why is the rear sliding out while coasting around a corner? Anyway, this race went to crap. I kept going off track over and over which eventually made me quit mid race. I don't think I've ever done that before lol

Race 3: I immediately jumped into queue again and did a few mins of qualifying. This time, I set TCS1 and Counter Assist Strong. The very first lap I put in was fast, the steering behaved the way I expected, and TCS1 didn't seem to inhibit my performance, but just gave me a little more confidence on exit to get on the throttle. I scrubbed another .500 off my qualifying time. My new time put me in 3rd on start but ended up winning this race as well, again not easy as people were chasing me down.

So that's it really. This update hasn't effected me much I guess. The problem I have with Gr3 cars is how unstable they are on entry/mid corner which seems to still exist. If anything, I thought the forward grip was fine before, and they instead need to add a little more lateral stability. I suspect this update would help the 458 Gr3 more so than this 650s. And thus, Counter Assist Strong is a must have for me on these Gr3 cars which cancels most of the issues on corner entry and low speed stuff. It feels like the physics change that happened on Gr4, should've happened on Gr3. And Gr4 should've been left as it was before the 1.06 patch.

For me the update changed traction levels again (not just traction control), it's much better and so I've ran Gr3 cars without it today (only turned on counter steer to spin out less, well at least that's the theory anyway) with out much issue, before I had to use TC 2 or I'd spin all the time when accelerating.

The only issue now is braking does not seem as good as before the update but maybe that's just me.

I don't know but I've pasted a few spun cars still on track and got zero penalties so maybe you are correct but the only way you'll know for sure is when you pass one that has just been reset to track as that was 100% a penalty before.
Yes, it's just happened to me, so it's not fixed :grumpy:

I was racing a 10 lap race on Suzuka Full Circuit with a tuned Genesis Coupe Street Ver against gr.4 where i met that yellow devil the Megane.
I was on it's tail at the last few laps where my car was sliding all over the place just to keep the pressure on that Megane.
Every time i approach it like a mad man the CPU or AI just decides to say ( F your without-assists-driving-skills i'll go faster because you're annoying me ) that went long enough that me & it had left the other cars behind us for a hilarious length of about 10 seconds LOL
Everytime i approach - he just keeps going faster like half a second - then 2 seconds - then i close the distance at braking points or top speeds - then when we cut the turns - it just goes faster & i went crazy behind that Megane that my tires are begging for mercy - i was all over the place behind him & he still keeps going away - until i went berserk at the last corner - i made a shortcut to overtake it because i had enough of this unfairness then i blocked it's path to win unfairly which i wasn't proud for :banghead:
Now i know why it was unfairly fast after reading this thread X)

Last edited:
So much for this latest update, I've lost 90% of my Campaign times has anyone else had a problem.

Edited to add, I've also noticed with the 10% of times that are showing are not my best times, they were pre 1.06, whats going on.

Yes , happened to my times too.

Did some time trial laps on the Gr3 Suzuka daily and some of the cars are easier to drive with no TCS now, except the Huracan still likes to spin around on that tight hairpin.

My impressions.

I have tested some group 3 around suzuka today and in my opinion the throttle control out corner issue is fixed now.
It is doable for a medium skilled driver to modulate the power even in dunlop curve , where it was easy to spin due to the depression out corner taking out the rear grip.Just need precision in your wheel input and it is ok.
I just use counter steer assistance with gokart, i think it don´t help at all on GR3 or GR4 cars, just give you bad habits. Just my opinion.
It seems that the auto clutch don´t react the same way as before, this was the center of the problem still in my opinion, you can´t perform a standing start in 4th speed anymore, if the torque is not enough , you will not launch. On the grass too, if you accelerate too much, yours wheels will just spin, not engaging desengaging the clutch to find grip like it was pre 1.06.
LSD acceleration is working again, it is possible now to find the sweet point to let the car more manageable at corner exit.

Suzuka sport mode race today was with gas 1X and tire waste 3x if i remember for 10 laps.

For the gasoline half tank is gone , that is ok.
For the tires , even after 8 laps the waste was still lower than 10%. This is not a problem, but i have felt a serious and quick lost of overall grip with only this 90% staying. This have to be fixed in my opinion. In others game including GT5 and 6 , tires grip was beginning to deteriorate gradually after the half only , it was more progressive and you could use the full grip during the first half of the tires at least. It seems closer to the reality to me.

Last edited:
So I just tried the new update and the tire model is better once again! It's now easier (and more realistic) to catch a slide, just like in real life. For those wondering how should I know I've got a '97 Corvette. It was way harder than it is, until now.

Thanks PD, good job.

Edit: TC now also feels much more realistic.
'97 Corvette? How did you get one of those?

An increase in stability... sigh...
@Zeitoss, yep, chooo chooo....chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga...

@Darwock, yep, the Mustangs act like they have 1000ft-lbs of tq at 1500rpm... they are totally unrealistic.

Exactly. When we first played the full release game before any updates, cars would lose traction under many conditions. The TCS model is totally new. Since I have a wheel now, I find it way easier to control the throttle. I can take off on corner exits using judicious amounts of throttle & all is fine...

Lastly, on the AWD cars, case in point the Nissan GRP. 4.. At least if you can't tune that queen of understeer (BOP races) put some logical default tunes in there.. + the Audi TT is running & hiding from all other cars on the straights!

This was odd, seems something to do with the emergancy patch.

I ghosted through a car when I should not have. I can't explain why this happened, this was during the daily Gr4 race.

I ghosted through a car when I should not have. I can't explain why this happened, this was during the daily Gr4 race.

Lol I know you can use that mod in Forza haha Now it’s also in GT

Perhaps the game thought you weren't slowing down enough or on a collision course with the car ahead and classed you as a missile?

Was the Aston Martin One-77 always this horrible to drive? Whenever I approach the last corner at Brands Hatch, it throws traction to the wind and skates across the asphalt. Did 1.07 have something to do with it?

My theory is that your opponent could've had a slight connectivity issue that corrected itself within a few seconds.

Back