[Endurance] 2nd Akasaka Grand Prix - The Successor to Trial Mountain 2 HoursOpen 

Considering race start is at 20:30 CEST (i.e. BST +1), we should have the whole thing, including winners ceremony, done by then.

I am also working on a sort of calendar everyone on GTP can contribute to, in order to hopefully prevent as many clashes as possible, or at least make them more clear. Hopes are hosts will actually use it.
If it's on GGTC day, that Road RageDudez and I will have to miss the race... :(

And btw, I noticed near the OP the possibility of rain. that would be even cooler IMO
Trial Mountain does not have variable weather.

Also here is my machine...

PSX_20160912_165008.jpg

The rain thing was for a previous event which went wrong. As I figured I'd rather not clog up this section, I reused the thread and thus the old posts remain.

Also,

If it's on GGTC day, that Road RageDudez and I will have to miss the race... :(

I'm not omniscient and my best attempts at searching for a GGTC leaves me no wiser than before, so please enlighten me on what day that would be.

I'm not omniscient and my best attempts at searching for a GGTC leaves me no wiser than before, so please enlighten me on what day that would be.
I understand.

But if the race will be at September 17th, then I will have to withdraw from the race, as I'll be on GGTC with RoadRageDudez.

Yes, but counting Harsk and RRDZ, as well as Michelin, we are -3 guys.

Ah, you were counting Michelin? Fair enough, I stand corrected then.
But I don't think Michelin had ever signed up for the event, unless I'm mistaken, unlike Capri who had done so beforehand... That's why I didn't think of him at first.

Just thought I'd share the answer to a question @epic_apri_39 just asked in the room:

Technically, the areas on the track covered by yellow stripes probably wouldn't be considered part of the track if FIA was doing this event. BUT, because I cba to check through 2x*amount of people racing* hours, and because the game says so by putting the skidmarks marking the racing line there, it is considered part of the track. Besides, it's probably the way we're all used to driving it, so changing that would probably end in chaos.

Technically, the areas on the track covered by yellow stripes probably wouldn't be considered part of the track if FIA was doing this event. BUT, because I cba to check through 2x*amount of people racing* hours, and because the game says so by putting the skidmarks marking the racing line there, it is considered part of the track. Besides, it's probably the way we're all used to driving it, so changing that would probably end in chaos.

Well I'd say don't change the rules and keep those yellow areas traversable (if that's a word). I suspect if that was not allowed, most drivers wouldn't be clocking the times they are clocking with their cars, me included. I am speaking for myself on this, but my line through the left harpin after the back straight involves running over the stripes, hugging the inside of the corner as much as I can before exiting at full throttle. And if I didn't do that, I'd probably lose a second or two going through a wider racing line.

So, long story short, I'll side with the "keep yellow lines drivable" team.

@Niku Driver HC , the word you're looking for is transversible. almost there. :cheers:

Yeah, I side with the Yellow lines being ok

will the room have penalties on weak?, per example on cutting the last hairpin or so. I doubt any of will do it, but its normal for the lefter being done way risky

Pretty sure traversable is an actual word, but hey, as long as people know what you mean.

I'm not sure if it's changed, but I remember hosting an endurance event on GT5 with penalties on, and every car more than 1 lap down would permanently ghost, thus sort of eliminating one of the key features of multi class racing.

Besides, I trust people to have enough dignity as to not cut corners more than what they can justify doing. There will be sample tests to see if a full-race look is necessary, and then we take it from there.

With regards to when collisions happen, check the GTP OLR, particularly sections 6 through 8.

The game may not penalise you automatically, but you can always have a lap deducted in the final results.

Last edited:
Guys, I've confused myself with the time conversion. So after rechecking, I'll reach home around race start. If it was possible, I wouldn't mind Starting last, if you guys could wait a tiny bit for me to reach home on saturday. I'm normally home by **:34/43, depending on the metro.
Î'm really sorry for this

I cannot promise anything, unless everyone else is satisfied with adding in an extra 15 minutes before race start. Possibly a test race for that 400PP Mixed class we were talking about?

Well I can afford to handle a 15-minute delay, if anything. Not sure about the others, but I can approve that if it's necessary for Lilium to join. And if it allows for a quick 400PP sprint, why not...?

Continuing the tradition of posting an image of our cars, if we do a 400PP Open class test race, this is what I'll bring, for reasons:

Gemasolar_16.jpg

As for scheduling, as I sense the general consensus is we can wait the few minutes, I'm thinking we'll do the qualifying in a room set up for time trials, move to a room made for the actual races, have the 400PP test/show event and then do the main event.

Back