[Endurance] 2nd Akasaka Grand Prix - The Successor to Trial Mountain 2 HoursOpen 

Thank you so far for those that do not mind. Always wanted to participate in an event of this kind, and my work schedules always stick me up to the wall. :cheers:

btw, on 600Pp Online RH I'm runing low 1.22's.
anyone wants to share their time marks?

Continuing the tradition of posting an image of our cars, if we do a 400PP Open class test race, this is what I'll bring, for reasons:

View attachment 585744

As for scheduling, as I sense the general consensus is we can wait the few minutes, I'm thinking we'll do the qualifying in a room set up for time trials, move to a room made for the actual races, have the 400PP test/show event and then do the main event.
Get ready for dreadful understeer.

@Lilium I have got a 1:16,5 online with RS on, earlier this week.

Btw @rallymorten , on some pages back, you mentioned the possibility of streaming the race. will that still happen?

Probably not. At least not while we're having communication running on the PS3.

Short version is it doesn't pick up my voice in game, thus need one microphone to talk to you in the game and one to talk to my PC, running the stream. It's doable, but it's a bit of a faff.

I will do a highlights video, though.

@CrazyJohn Nice. I know I can get to 1:19 or probably an 1:18 on RM If i lap around enough, I'll have to try tomorrow to see if can Match that

@rallymorten Alright. I asked since there were 2 friends of mine that were interested in watching. but if its a hassle, it's all good. I'll link the vid to them later then.

Well so much for the streaming plans, then. But if we do want to have a (somewhat) hassle-free race, we do need only one communication channel for all drivers, you having two of those would probably represent a double-headache if you tried to stream the race...

As for lap times, how does a lap time set between the mid-1:24s and high-1:24s compare to what others have achieved with RM tyres in the 500PP class?

Well so much for the streaming plans, then. But if we do want to have a (somewhat) hassle-free race, we do need only one communication channel for all drivers, you having two of those would probably represent a double-headache if you tried to stream the race...

As for lap times, how does a lap time set between the mid-1:24s and high-1:24s compare to what others have achieved with RM tyres in the 500PP class?
That's dependent on whether that's online or offline. Either way it's quick.

I trialled a new setup on the 908 and improved to a 1:13.4 on RMs last Friday. I'm mostly going to focus on longer stints than outright pace.

@Niku Driver HC its pretty quick indeed, but then again its the rocket. its kinda normal to have an abnormal pace.

I should try to improve my fuel saving, or tire saving, but I never did those, and I still have to get some answers on how to do them

Edit: Probably streaming would also hurt Morten's Connection, in the race

That's dependent on whether that's online or offline. Either way it's quick.

It's offline, sorry for not clarifying that from the get go. I did manage to crack the 1:24 barrier at one point (on the 20th last month with RS tyres, a 1:23:9xx), but I think I messed something up while trying to tweak the setup and now I just can't reach that same time again with the same type of tyres, at least not during the few attempts I had just now.

@Niku Driver HC its pretty quick indeed, but then again its the rocket. its kinda normal to have an abnormal pace.

But don't think the Rocket doesn't have flaws; I have no clue as to how the tyre wear will hold up in a longer race, and if the rear tyres wear out quicker, I'll be in some serious trouble. This car can grip like a clam 95% of the time, but even with Racing tyres you can spin out if you either turn during a small jump/bump or just exit a corner with a bit too much speed. That's what I was trying to control when I attempted to tweak the setup, but I may have lost some speed in the process...

@Niku Driver HC It's going to be immensely close between the Rockets and the MG, I've hit 23.9s online. I just can't wait, why is there another day between then and now?

@Niku Driver HC It's going to be immensely close between the Rockets and the MG, I've hit 23.9s online. I just can't wait, why is there another day between then and now?

Well, as I said, I haven't been able to hit the 23.9 mark since with the RS tyres, and I don't know just well will my Rocket perform under online conditions now that I have messed with too many things within the setup itself... But here's hoping I can give you some semblance of a challenge, although racing online with other human drivers isn't something I do often in GT6.

I'm starting to realise why the 500PP class might just be the best thing to have come out of these events. No, the PP system isn't ideal, but would you look at the variety we've got going on? All of those, in the right hands, could run away with the race. Apart from the overweight V12, but that's a different matter.

I sensed in the session yesterday that I had a little more torque than the MG, so I'm expecting, as usual, to have the start be my strength, and then, somehow, hold everyone up for two hours. If only we had the lighter V8 version as well, that might actually stand a chance. Then again, this *is* a 2 hour race we're talking about, who knows how many times we'll kiss the walls around here?

Guess that proves what people choose to do when it comes to cranking the performance up to 500(PP); some believe that "might makes right", others go for the "light feels right" philosophy instead. And we all have our own flaws coupled with our driving styles, so the big question is how well will those cope with an endurance race. We in our lightweight buckets could veer off the track because our once-great MR stability has been ruined by tyre wear, while the big whales such as your V12 could remain stable and composed with evenly distributed tyre wear. Fuel economy is an issue for you though Morten, it IS a V12 you're running...

But then again, real-life Vantages have won endurance races before. What's to say they can't do the same on a fictional mountain course...?

Whilst at the opposite end of the spectrum my V12 will be sipping fuel as I steamroll past at close to 190mph.

Fuel economy is an issue for you though Morten, it IS a V12 you're running...

You see, that's the thing. It is indeed a V12, but, with the amount of power restriction going on here, it might as well be an I6, in which case I'll be fine on fuel. And no, I won't blame you if read that in a certain mr. Clarkson's voice.

But, as you say, two hours is many opportunities for things to change. That's another thing we talked about in the session the other day - given that the V12 is simply too massive to really slide out (unless I do something badly wrong), I might just claw back time due to consistensy.

Whilst at the opposite end of the spectrum my V12 will be sipping fuel as I steamroll past at close to 190mph.

Well that's diesel power for ya. It's not called a HDi FAP without a reason (and that's not because it entices innuendos about certain other things, mind you)... You are relatively safe when it comes to fuel economy, no matter what.

You see, that's the thing. It is indeed a V12, but, with the amount of power restriction going on here, it might as well be an I6, in which case I'll be fine on fuel. And no, I won't blame you if read that in a certain mr. Clarkson's voice.

But, as you say, two hours is many opportunities for things to change. That's another thing we talked about in the session the other day - given that the V12 is simply too massive to really slide out (unless I do something badly wrong), I might just claw back time due to consistensy.

Ah, nearly forgot you need to dumb down the engine power in order to fit the 500PP regulations. If that's the case, then you won't be much worse than say, an I4 scrub such as myself...

The issue comes with general speed, but as you said, consistency is another thing that can win you the race. And if you car isn't overly prone and sensitive to oversteer on most of TM's bumpy corners, you still have a fair shot at victory. I'm the only Rocket on the field, and your torques (read that in a Clarkson voice if necessary) surpass the MG's Capri is using. You may just be underestimating yourself in this, no?

Alright, guess I'm double-posting;

GT6 Rocket Times.jpg

Sorry for potato picture quality, blame my advanced Samsung smartphone

I'm glad I rediscovered this car's proper groove, if anything (time set with Racing Soft tyres). The hard part is not going into a wild spin trying to go faster, because god know how often that happened after I set this lap time... But either way, it's nice to shave a few hundredths of a second from your best offline time only a day away from the race.

Remember (not)kids, consistency also wins races! :sly: :lol:

I wouldn't put it past most people to start on RS if they're going for ultimate pace in qualifying.

But isn't the max grade Racing meds?

I've been practising on RH due to that...

Edit: Read the OP. since i was backlogging 2 days ago, and on a post morten talked about RM as max grade of tyres, I stuck that on my skull.

But isn't the max grade Racing meds?

I've been practising on RH due to that...

Edit: Read the OP. since i was backlogging 2 days ago, and on a post morten talked about RM as max grade of tyres, I stuck that on my skull.

Until someone vetos it, I've opened it up to everything, but you must use at least two different types, to increase the strategy aspect.

It'll likely be no limit on tires. Most times posted from private tests have been on RSs.

You guys will start the race on RM, or RH? I'm trying to decide that myself

Well I'm not starting on RSes, that much I can say. It's too risky, even if I could get super-fast laps in a matter of time. I prefer to lose a second and have more laps driven without having to pit right away, because my rear tyres are shot after about 10 to 15 laps of pushing it hard.

On RH I did around 34 laps and could go for around 10 more, if not mistaken. this, of course, pushing hard

Well I haven't made any long-distance tests, so I can't guess how long will a set of RM or RH tyres last on a longer run. But hopefully the lack of power and weight means the tyres have less load to worry about, and take longer to wear out (hopefully in an even manner)...

Personally, I don't expect myself to be competitive on outright pace, so, using logic, I should probably spend most of my time on RH and make less stops. Thing is, I'd run out of fuel about halfway through my stint, and, seeing as tyre change is pretty much a forced, instant thing in GT6, it doesn't really make sense to go on anything but RS.

The lobby tonight might happen slightly later than planned due to things, and will likely be the place for the 400PP test race, to leave some extra buffer time for the actual event. I have also pretty much set everything up for streaming in case I decide to do that.

Personally, I don't expect myself to be competitive on outright pace, so, using logic, I should probably spend most of my time on RH and make less stops. Thing is, I'd run out of fuel about halfway through my stint, and, seeing as tyre change is pretty much a forced, instant thing in GT6, it doesn't really make sense to go on anything but RS.

I can go through my lets say, 70% of my tank on RH, or perhaps a bit more, on full throttle the whole time to reach a 5 on my right front tire. I think that on RH you probably can go on your whole tank, and only pit when you actually need to refuel.

Back