[Endurance] 2nd Akasaka Grand Prix - The Successor to Trial Mountain 2 HoursOpen 

Waking this thread from the dead, I'll try to get some recording done this week and put together that long-awaited highlights compilation.

Regarding the class restructuring for a potential next event (if I say November 26?), maybe a 450PP Production, a 550PP Production and a 650PP Non-LMP Racing class? Or just stick with the formula that sort of works?

Regarding the class restructuring for a potential next event (if I say November 26?), maybe a 450PP Production, a 550PP Production and a 650PP Non-LMP Racing class? Or just stick with the formula that sort of works?

Personally I'd go with a slightly different variation of the formula you just mentioned; 400 Production, 500 Production and 600 Racing. Given how popular the 600 class was last time alongisde the 500 one...

Personally I'd go with a slightly different variation of the formula you just mentioned; 400 Production, 500 Production and 600 Racing. Given how popular the 600 class was last time alongisde the 500 one...

That is a logic I've missed. The one short race we did with 400PP cars was actually pretty good (the sense of grip, even on non-racing tyres, is phenomenal), the 500PP class has always been popular, and, aside from the occational GT500 cars, the 600PP class isn't usually too unbalanced.

That is a logic I've missed. The one short race we did with 400PP cars was actually pretty good (the sense of grip, even on non-racing tyres, is phenomenal), the 500PP class has always been popular, and, aside from the occational GT500 cars, the 600PP class isn't usually too unbalanced.

Well I was going by that as well, since even my poorly-tuned Pontiac Vibe was somehow capable of keeping pace with the Alpines and such. Perhaps the 600 class can use some balancing, because otherwise the SGT cars (especially modern ones like the HSV-010) might overpower the PD Specials (like the RX-8 Concept LM I once used) and the actual real-life GT3 cars which can appear in the class... All I see the 500 class needing is minor ballast to undo the monster gap cars like the Rocket and the Alpine created with their combination of power and finesse.

Of course, all this could be more work than what it's actually worth, but it is your race after all.

That is a real concern, but the thing about mainly the Production classes is the freedom they allow. If you think you can win in it, you could bring a Lamborghini. Or you could bring a Lotus Elise. Ideally, everyone would have a real shot at taking victory, but the PP system isn't quite good enough.

That's another thing these races do, although by accident: highlight where the PP system goes wrong. Right away I'm lead to conclude that power is either penalised too much or weight/aero isn't valued high enough. We're basically doing a service while hopefully having a good race every once in a while.

Well power ain't the issue, because the Rocket was down 100 hp or even more compared to your Mustangs and Astons. Then it's bound to be weight and aero, probably moreso weight. That's why I tend to look more at power/weight limits than PP ones, because as you said, the liberty they provide comes at a price. Not being able to predict what sort of combos could be OP and which ones can't...

Because I am horrible at making decisions, I'm putting this forward to people: if I am to host another of these events in November (still aiming for that Nov. 26 spot), which track do we want to spend ~2 hours going flat out on?

Your choices:

Autumn Ring enduro.jpg
Autumn Ring because it's fitting in terms of season and it has rain and sort-of time change, or

2nd Akasaka Grand Prix.jpg
Tokyo R246 because another GT3-inspired event, a spiritual successor to a previous event of mine and because Tokyo Expressway probably won't be as good for these events?

Both of them will run roughly the same concept as Trial Mountain - two hours, a few classes (possibly switching 680PP Race Cars for a 400PP class?), hopefully livestream (please note that we may run voice chat on a third party service, partly to relieve stress on the game, partly because I can apparently get your voices on the stream that way)

There'll hopefully be a final decision by Friday.

Also, don't put your hopes up for that highlights video. Homework keeps screwing with my plans.

Hmm, that's a tough one; I would love to have a speedy endurance race through the streets of Tokyo, don't race there often, but it's going to be a more punishing race in terms of mistakes and the like. I would've prefered Apricot Hill to Autumn, but if that's not possible, the 'Ring (not the German one, silly) is an easier choice on the mistakes and track space for the most part....

Darn, I think I'll go with the 'Ring. R246 is a cool track, but city courses aren't my cup of tea (even though I like Tokyo, both as a city and as a track). Also, I wholeheartedly agree with the class switch; at best, we might get one driver in the 680 class, at worst we'll get none. Might as well replace that with a more driver-friendly class...

I've always pictured Apricot Hill as more of a spring season event. Who knows, depending on when Half Life 3 I mean GT Sport drops and what everyone feels about it, I'm not ruling that one (and maybe a few others?) out yet.

Fair enough, nothing wrong with thinking that. Although I'm not sure if we can still draw big numbers by the time GTS drops, because people will either be playing that or they will have ditched GT for good because GTS isn't up their alley. I don't want to be a Negative Nancy myself, but the GT community has plenty of those going around these days, so...

Tokyo is much more suited to the 680 Prototypes as opposed to Autumn Ring. The only problem I have with Autumn Ring is that the tight sectors aren't friendly to overtaking, especially with one full class trying to overtake another, leaving the only real opportunities to the main and back straights. This is what I've found with racing there.

Personally I'd suggest Deep Forest as it provides many overtaking opportunities for the lower classes but keeps a good flow for the 600 PP class. However if the 680 Prototypes are included, it's not suitable.

I recommend you to host the Tokyo R246 Endurance race, because it would be an great replica of a Endurance Race which is in GT3 and GT4. 👍

ehh not really the biggest fan of either tracks but due to high powered cars involved, Tokyo has my vote. I do think the racing would be better for lower class cars at autumn ring but Tokyo it is for me considering 680 is involved along with the other classes

That solves the issue - Tokyo it is.

As for classes, I'm thinking we'll keep what we have and add the 400PP class as an extra option if somebody feels like racing in it. Other than that:
  • 680PP is in need of balancing, i.e. the C60 Hybride will be nerfed.
  • 600PP will see some nerfing of GT500 cars, particularly those from 2005 or later
  • 500PP will probably see a few changes as well. Maybe a minimum weight, maybe a rule about being able to carry a golf bag, just to balance it a little bit.
Also, mainly if you wish to join the voice chat, I suggest getting Discord (should be available for computers and any form of smart phone) and joining the an server I've made for this event. Hopefully that should allow me to broadcast what you lovely bunch of weirdos, what with us still playing GT6 and all, are saying as well.

That solves the issue - Tokyo it is.

As for classes, I'm thinking we'll keep what we have and add the 400PP class as an extra option if somebody feels like racing in it. Other than that:
  • 680PP is in need of balancing, i.e. the C60 Hybride will be nerfed.
  • 600PP will see some nerfing of GT500 cars, particularly those from 2005 or later
  • 500PP will probably see a few changes as well. Maybe a minimum weight, maybe a rule about being able to carry a golf bag, just to balance it a little bit.
Also, mainly if you wish to join the voice chat, I suggest getting Discord (should be available for computers and any form of smart phone) and joining the an server I've made for this event. Hopefully that should allow me to broadcast what you lovely bunch of weirdos, what with us still playing GT6 and all, are saying as well.
Dependent of the date, I'll keep my eye on this.

I Would vote tokyo as well, due to the fast class. Autumn if there was no 680pp, due to the Variable weather goodiness.

I'll probably have to sit this one out. if by a Miracle I can participate, you can always count on me.

On the matter of cars of 500PP. the wheight i would try to not put a limit very high. there's cars that at 950'ish Kg's, are such an underpicked joy, and not an abuse, like the Opel speedster, per example. the golf carrying i can agree :P
race wagons, people :v

I'm looking into potentially running something from 680 like the 908 but I might run 600, maybe something from there.

Links to everything should be working now. I cannot seem to find any other events with a similar structure to see if linking to the community club like this actually works, but if it doesn't, I've noted the ID as well. Should be idiot-proof.

Also I may have chosen my car purely based on looks.

Also I may have chosen my car purely based on looks.

But, but... mah epic morten memetastic 400PP car entry! :(

Oh well, guess the cat was the higher cause (choosing a car known for having a cat-like symbol when you're a real-life cat owner? the irony is strong with you, young Dankwan), huh...? :sly: :lol:

As for me participating in this race, I may not be able to; this wednesday, I will be off to the hospital to have an eye surgery to get some intra-optical lenses. Given the character of this type of surgery, I will almost certainly have to rest my eyes for about two weeks afterwards. And of course, that means less of staring at anything and everything digital...
So, long story short, my not-so-bionic eyes may mean I will not enter this race. Sorry morten, I think the Mighty Vibe won't make it to the epic 400PP class debut.

Last edited:
Just ask for an electric eye instead. It works all the time, and when it doesn't, just get a replacement. Much better.

No, seriously, best of luck for that. If nothing else, I'll turn the stream into a podcast for you :lol:

Silly morten, I'm having surgery on both eyes, not just one. Electric eyes are expensive biz! Although having a Scouter-esque device like a Saiyan would be pretty bit:censored:in', I have to say. Well, maybe I can have a single row of laser vision like Cyclops or something, be a bonafide X-Men. It's no Deadpool but hey, it works right? :lol:

But jokes aside, thanks, I can certainly appreciate that. Maybe I'll ask someone to turn my PC on and open Discord for me and I'll get some sort of fancy optical therapy... Eat your heart out, Polish kid who awakened from a coma after hearing soccer commentary! :lol:

Back