[Endurance] 2nd Akasaka Grand Prix - The Successor to Trial Mountain 2 HoursOpen 

Looking forward to running my Black Stallion today. Probably gonna be nowhere near the front of the pack, but eh, I'm in this for fun, not to win.

tTL6ZOV.jpg

4zr5i1m.jpg

Probably gonna be nowhere near the front of the pack

Welcome to the club, would you like a T-shirt?

I'm going on in a little while for a pre-qualifying test, to sort out the audio as much as possible before race start.

WEll, getting ready to leave work, and make a dash home. see ya all in a bit.
If I miss the quali, good luck you ya all, I'll be happy to pick up the tire smoke at launch

All I really needed to do was just survive since the 908 was an extreme handful and that Phisher was just too fast. Was still a fun way to officially end my sim career on the old gen.

I'm going to tunnel my way to Australia now until some GTP Forza series news appears.

officially end my sim career on the old gen.

Sure I can't lure you out of retirement with a particularly good track selection? :D

Either way, and this goes to everyone else as well, this was a great way to spend four hours of a Saturday evening, a(nother) digital beer to you all for being great sports :cheers:

Edit: Da strem is actually available in full length now. Image quality isn't particularly good, but I didn't feel like risking killing my internet connection, so it was running on pretty much bare minimum. And I need to address some issues with other people talking.

Last edited:
So, the video of the race has already gotten 3 dislikes... From whom, exactly? People who don't like to see their driving shown in video in front of the entire world? My driving wasn't elegant, but I sure as hell wouldn't dislike the video either way...

Well, I digress. Yesterday was an experience and a half when it comes to GT online racing in general for me. It's safe to say that it was one of the longest races I have ever driven, if not THE longest. 2 straight hours of fast-paced racing, plus the one hour of qualifying and other shannenigans. To be frank, I had not practiced with 2 hours in mind, primarily because I wanted to have race-like conditions for that, and there's no way GT allows for that with the AI it has.

So, to sum up my race in one word, I would use this one; messy. Some of the mistakes I made during it could have been avoided had I waited patiently for another chance and/or smarter corner entry.
And boy do I regret the move I made on morten on lap 3... That was a key moment for my race, and not for the best reasons. Morten goes wide in his HSS Cygnet in the first tunnel corner, I take his inside line and get first place in 500PP. But then I made the catastrophic mistake of running too wide on the following right harpin. I meet small patch of dirt, left rear wheel meets dirt, and the rest of the car gets introduced to snap oversteer. I saw LanEvo nearly falling to the same trap earlier on in the race, I just happened to prove that concept properly. Morten hits me, LanEvo barely avoids my car and then Thrasher plows into my car in the middle of one big mess.
That corner had never posed itself as an issue during my offline practice, but wouldn't you know it, that ended up becoming true during the true race. Needless to say, that would become a prelude of an uphill battle for me. I tried and I tried and I tried, but for each lap I got right, I ended up losing two or three thanks to dumb mistakes.

The crash where I nearly killed Phisher's chances of an overall win was the other thing that stood out in terms of mistakes. I know exactly what happened, and what led to that, which only upsets me even more; last chicane, came in too angled for the first part of it. Once I saw that dreaded right hander and its tall bump, I knew I was going to fly. And so I did; I hit the pitlane wall, damaged my left rear wheel (again) and lost control of the car trying to correct my line because one of the power wheels was damaged. How didn't I destroy Phisher's race or anyone else's at that point is beyond me.

And there's one more thing I have to clarify, even if it may be somewhat silly; at one point I went to the pits to repair car damage. If my car ended on the first corner wall as if it wasn't being steered, that's because it wasn't being steered; I was holding and holding for as long as I could, but my blatter wanted none of that, so I had to make a quick dash towards the WC. Yes, too much information I know, but I had to point that out. And my dash wasn't quick enough, so that only manages to join my list of dumb moves throughout the race.

But in the end, I did get a podium finish, so I guess I shouldn't knock myself too hard for all this. I just felt that I had the pace to challenge at least @epic_apri_39 if I was racing on the same lap as him. Winning? It depends, but I think LanEvo had the faster car, but we will never know if there would be a 3-way battle for top 500PP honors... Will this be my last GT6 online race? Far from it, if Morten holds one more of these.
I do want to race again, I do want to see if I would make the same mistakes if I had a car that didn't want to kill me. But Morten, do answer this question if you can; will you add the 400PP class to the race itself? I mean the 680 class barely had any drivers, and the bulk of the race belonged to the 600 and 500 classes... Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to allow 400s into the mix. 400, 500, 600, what will you say?

The dislike bar issue is a complex one. I went to like the video but my app glitched and it counted as a dislike. I tried again twice and it happened again both times - I'm sure if YouTube reviewed the numbers they'd fix the glitch but until then they're there to stay.

The race was a very messy one but I made a dash in the opening hour of which I made up so much ground on everyone and it looked as if I was clear for the race, until I left the pits onto my third stint.

At turn 5 I had slight oversteer and hit the inner apex, hard. I went up on two wheels and upon trying to right myself I hit the outer wall - into the pits I went, and the crew held me in for a few extra seconds allowing @Niku Driver HC through. I was in third.

The race didn't look like it could get any worse but it did - I hit @rallymorten 's rear end (My fault entirely) and caused myself damage - luckily not much. I then got punted wide when letting @AudiMan2011 through. (I don't blame you, looked like understeer.)

Later in the race I took the chicane wrong and slammed into the wall, causing full left side damage and hard engine damage - my 0-60 dropped from 3.9 to what felt like 11 flat.

I moved in to the pits hysterical about being passed by @Niku Driver HC again (After an accident) and really pushed as hard as I could until the end of the race, staying and finishing second.

All in all I'm incredibly happy about the result after expecting a last or penultimate finish - I didn't hint the MG would work yet it proved reliable under pressure but incredibly hard to control under cold tyres or damage. Once again congratulations to @LancerEvo7 for the outstanding win, a full lap clear of the grid despite the bad start.

As for next time I think I'll join 400pp or remain with the MG, it's been utterly brilliant. Thanks to @rallymorten for hosting such an incredible event.

To be honest, pretty much everything about YouTube live streaming is a bit iffy. But hey, it works, and we got through the race with about as few problems as you can ask for.

As it turns out, The Mighty V12 wasn't that mighty after all, but, despite a few technical difficulties and driver errors, I got one of my top ten duels on GT with my fellow boat :lol:

All in all, I'm too satisfied with how this turned out to call quits here. The classes may need some work done, but I feel like the performance levels are pretty good.

Anyone got any plans for mid/late November yet?

Anyone got any plans for mid/late November yet?

Not yet, no. I do plan to get my hands on a more modern console system soon, but I'm far from considering the retirement of my PS3 any time soon. If the servers can last until next year (at best), I can do one more race (boy I'm sounding like WWE wrestler Christian and his whole "One More Match" issue :lol:) for GT6's sake.

Also, this race was competitive to the point where the last two guys were having the battle of their lives while everyone else was settling in where they were going to finish... If your car is the Mighty Bo... er, I mean, the Mighty V12, what do we call Thrasher's Mustang? The Glorious Dark Horse? :lol:

Well, It was a joy to race with you all. the biggest race I did online so far. By time, and attendance, beating by 1 the 11 grid on the wrs.

I was way below my expectations. I did mistakes after mistakes, damaging my car. appart from my bad calls so I got those red lights asking me to pit, but me continuing for 8 laps, my times were consistent. my choice of tires was also bad. should have run RS the long as I could, since i always got damage. It was a fun experiencew. pity I couln't really get concentrated due to my wife and friend in the room. but wwas a Joy to race you all.

Perhaps in the next opportunity, I'll go with something different. either a slower cat, or the top cat. Who knows. I'll take a car that will be fun as hell, that i guarantee it.

If you watch the whole thing with a taste of my perspective, have this playing on constant loop through the entire race, since that's the song my game decided to have playing in the background when I was driving. Slightly maddening.

Really fun race, definitely one of the best races I've done online. Didn't really seem all that long to me, though of course in the past 30 days, I completed the 24 hours of LeMans and 24 hours of Nurburgring on GT5. Those two hours flew by for me.

Lap 3 was kind of a bad time for a handful of us. I saw Niku wreck in front of me, but I was trying to guess where he wasn't going to be so I wouldn't have to run into him, but of all the directions I could have gone, I still wound up slamming right into him, earning me a trip to the pits.

Despite being one of the two slowest cars in the field, I feel my Black Stallion served me well.

Last edited:
And to post where I played those two hours, which made me realize I need a better Chair, or a butt pillow.

DSC_0032[1].jpg

Congratulations for the winners! :cheers:

That's a shame that I wasn't able to race today, but I'm looking forward for more 2H Race events. 👍

It's a wonder I had any luck at all during the race, it turns out I painted my wing the wrong shade of pink by mistake!

That is taking a little bit longer than planned. Thank you, education.

Besides, what's to say about the highlights other than Niku causing 90% of all crashes? :P

Besides, what's to say about the highlights other than Niku causing 90% of all crashes? :P

Hey thanks for reminding of that, you dank Danish bear. Good to know you still hold that "stat" in high regard... :irked: :lol:

At least I wasn't holding up the faster drivers in a British boat. :P

Back