[Endurance] 2nd Akasaka Grand Prix - The Successor to Trial Mountain 2 HoursOpen 

The big problems, as with any online events, are gathering interest (particularly true if you're not part of a "group"), putting it at a fitting time with as few clashes as possible and making sure your own schedule isn't changed, all of which I've had questionable success with in the past.

Like I said, once we get closer to the end of GT6, we'll see what the servers are like, we'll see what the interest is like and we'll see when the big boys decide to do an impromptu 100-hour race. If the stars align in our favor, there's a good chance it'll be amazing. If not, well, we can add it to the list.

*If* things turn out really good, I might be able to squeeze an additional event in. Maybe some time in September, with a sort of GT6-grand-finale based on a very classic GT event in October/early November, as a proper send-off.

On a side note, I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad how these three classes are somewhat similar to what I imagine GT Sports Gr. N., Gr. 3 and Gr. 1 could be like if Gr. 1 had broken a leg.

I just want to throw some dates out there and see what people think of it:

August 20 (probably too early to set something up, but would be exactly half a year since Mid-Fail)
September 3
September 17

Within the next month-and-a-bit, those would be the best chances I have of hosting. I imagine the race would take place around the same time as Mid-Field was supposed to, but depending on what people say, that's subject to change. If we can get a time slot that's not too late over here, not too early over there and with as few clashes as possible, I'll put a ticket in for that.

In case you're wondering, yes, a reboot of what I consider to be the most popular event I've run with a sort-of-similar class structure is in the cards. Let me give you a hint: someone's suggested it. It's actually been suggested twice if you count the old MST thread.

If I remember the time period it was late morning, early afternoon for me in my time zone. I believe I can make it, sign me up

I just want to throw some dates out there and see what people think of it:

August 20 (probably too early to set something up, but would be exactly half a year since Mid-Fail)
September 3
September 17

Within the next month-and-a-bit, those would be the best chances I have of hosting. I imagine the race would take place around the same time as Mid-Field was supposed to, but depending on what people say, that's subject to change. If we can get a time slot that's not too late over here, not too early over there and with as few clashes as possible, I'll put a ticket in for that.

In case you're wondering, yes, a reboot of what I consider to be the most popular event I've run with a sort-of-similar class structure is in the cards. Let me give you a hint: someone's suggested it. It's actually been suggested twice if you count the old MST thread.
Trial Mountain?

I'll just go ahead and confirm it then.

Trial Mountain, most likely September 3, sometime around 8 PM CET (for reference, that will be about 11 AM in west coast USA) unless there's a significant clash at that time.

And I think I'll try my hand at the 500PP class (or, should I say, Group N?) this time around. I've got some.. interesting candidates.

Speaking of the 500PP class, I'll probably open it back up to 4WD and MR configurations, possibly with a few basic PP "penalties" for those, for reasons of diversity.

Well it didn't take too long to make the Trial Mountain dream a reality once more... Hopefully September 3rd will feature zero PSN shennanigans and things of the sort. As for the hour, 8 PM is a bit of a risky hour for me, as dinner usually occurs at 8 PM GMT (and the race starts at 7 PM GMT judging by ye ol'timebie.com). But I could afford to have dinner earlier than usual with some persuasion and whatnot...

As for classes, if I can enter the race, I'll steer widely clear from anything race car-related. Last time I tried that it failed spectacularly for me, so I'll take it easier this time around. With what, you may ask? I dunno, if 4WD is allowed for the lower classes I could sneak in a Daihatsu, but there are also the crazier ideas... :sly:

I'll sign up under the 680 PP class. 👍

Will wait to see the car list for that class to announce what car I'll be in

Aside from the race day schedule (will hopefully be dealt with within the next few days) and links to sign up and entry list (will deal with that tomor- toda- what's the correct terminology when it's five past midnight?), the OP is essentially done. Nothing too surprising for anyone who read it for Midfield, it's essentially just a relocated race.

3 questions:

1. What day of the week will this be held on?
2. Could you reserve me on the Deltawing in case I actually want to do this.
3. Will FCY/SC be used? (If possible, I might like to be it.)

3 questions:

1. What day of the week will this be held on?
2. Could you reserve me on the Deltawing in case I actually want to do this.
3. Will FCY/SC be used? (If possible, I might like to be it.)

3 questions that shall get three responses:

1: Saturday for most of the planet, including your part.
2: There'll be a link to signing up soon. Fill that in and put it in the right class (probably the 600) and you're in.
3: If someone wants to (or I decide to take up my old profession) and there's sufficient interest in having it, that can be worked out.

Links for sign up and checking the entry list is now available. As with Midfield, I've also created a Community club, which as also been linked to.

What I've set up in the club is the proposed event setup, with start time one hour before proposed time.

Well I've got the go-ahead to race this one. If I'm going to sign off my GT career, I want to do so going for the big win and not just class glory.

Last edited:
For an event that's not associated with any larger group of people, is on a game most people seem to have moved on from and was put together literally yesterday, I can't say I'm displeased with how this first day's gone. I've already got 8 people on my list, which, if we can keep those numbers and everyone turns up, would equal the record for most people in an independent online event hosted by me.

Signed up and I can't wait for this - running an MG TF won't exactly be easy but I'm hoping to make it work.

3 questions that shall get three responses:

1: Saturday for most of the planet, including your part.
2: There'll be a link to signing up soon. Fill that in and put it in the right class (probably the 600) and you're in.
3: If someone wants to (or I decide to take up my old profession) and there's sufficient interest in having it, that can be worked out.

Saturday I might not be able to make.

Gonna try to run the 680PP Class if possible, but I'll most likely run the 600PP class against GT3 class.

Okay thanks, I like to run races with FCYs and SC.

Post your machines
Grand Valley Speedway.jpg
I am hyped for this

Dealzies:

upload_2016-8-12_10-2-4.png

Color, wing configuration, number plate and other details subject to final confirmation.

Also we're already up to 5 people having interest in the 500 class. I'm starting to see a pattern in these :lol:

Yeah, the 500 class is looking to be as glorious as it's ever been. Three british sports cars, a japanese sedan that looks like a coupe and a german hatchback. Surely that's one of the most varied grids in online racing.

Speaking of varied online grids, mics will again be allowed on to ease the process of faster classes overtaking slower classes, but I still feel like it's worth it to have a standard fall-back rule for that. Personally, I feel the performance gap between the classes should be big enough for the faster cars to take them wherever they please, as long as the slower ones don't make any sudden movements and stray away from their chosen line. When it comes to cars of the same class, again, as long as the slower driver isn't trying too hard to hold them up, I don't see any immediate problems. That could just be pit strategy at play.

In case we get more than 15 drivers (+1 backup spot), I will introduce a pre-qualifying for the biggest classes. For that reasons, signups will only be open until, let's say, a week before the race is scheduled to start. That should give time to set it up and for everyone to have a go.

Also I've added a few more details to the OP, mainly about things like tyres (all tyres available, must use at least two different compounds), tyre wear and damage.

Back