[Endurance] 2nd Akasaka Grand Prix - The Successor to Trial Mountain 2 HoursOpen 

With the last qualifiers now closed, here's what the starting grid will look like:

upload_2016-2-20_14-12-7.png

Notes:

- @Peelster1 had 30 seconds added to their time for the, ehrm, alternative pit strategy.
- @miata13B is mentioned twice, in 500PP and 600PP in case more people had decided to go with 500PP

Like in 2015, mics will be allowed during the race to lessen the confusion between classes when lapping or being lapped. A little reliefing from the race is allowed, but try to keep it somewhat on topic. I will also try to do a recap of what's happened every half hour for anyone who may be watching.

Some more practical information:

- The race will start with a standing start with false start check, and you will be required to change tyre type at least once.
- The sky will be clear and the track dry at race start, but a weather changeability of 15 may mean those wet weather tyres could come in handy.
- The start time will be set to 10:00 and time acceleration to 4, so we'll go from pretty much as early as possible to as late as possible.
- Penalties during the race will be off, but may be handed out manually after the race if deemed appropriate.
- Everything else should be similar to the conditions in the qualifiers

Why I'm on the 600 class? I signed up for the 500!

Like Niku said, MR cars were moved to 600 because they were several seconds faster than non-MR cars tuned in similar ways. We're not just talking similarly to how the GT500s can do a lap more than I can in 20 minutes, we're talking three or more seconds even if half the lap is spent sideways.

I can give you a slot at the end of the grid in any car of your choice, as long as it fits either class.

Like Niku said, MR cars were moved to 600 because they were several seconds faster than non-MR cars tuned in similar ways. We're not just talking similarly to how the GT500s can do a lap more than I can in 20 minutes, we're talking three or more seconds even if half the lap is spent sideways.

I can give you a slot at the end of the grid in any car of your choice, as long as it fits either class.

So I could try to run the NSX with 600PP then? That would be a nice challenge haha

What's the best time ran by a 600PP? I could try to match that or see if I need to select a new car.

Also, sorry for not answering the thread and putting a Q lap... this week was tight for me, I have a job right now and Uni during the night, so I'm not spending any time at home other than my 6 sleeping hours. :lol:

EDIT: I just ran a 1:06.9 offline.. give or take that's a 1:08 online.

Last edited:
What's the best time ran by a 600PP? I could try to match that or see if I need to select a new car.

Also, sorry for not answering the thread and putting a Q lap... this week was tight for me, I have a job right now and Uni during the night, so I'm not spending any time at home other than my 6 sleeping hours. :lol:

I think the best single lap from a 600 is about 1:02, whereas Niku and I are more around 1:05-1:06 in race pace.

And, as I've said many times while doing this kind of thing, I do realise everyone's just human, so don't worry about it. Real life comes before this any time :)

I think the best single lap from a 600 is about 1:02, whereas Niku and I are more around 1:05-1:06 in race pace.

And, as I've said many times while doing this kind of thing, I do realise everyone's just human, so don't worry about it. Real life comes before this any time :)

Yeah, I'ma get my GT500 Z, just brb.

GT weather changeability is a mystery.

All I know is that at a changeability of 30, it took about half an hour for the weather to change from clear to slightly cloudy when I was testing, but then again, does anyone really know how it works?

I guess we could reserve the final decision to when we're in the lobby and have a quick vote.

Been getting randomly kicked from the server while practicing earlier. Hopefully that will be fixed by now. Reseting everything at my end right now.

Wish I had just entered the 600pp from the get go, could have had this car tuned much better.

PD doesn't have dedicated servers, they're P2P servers. So that basically puts it on PSN, which is having problems all across the board.

I would say to have everyone reset their internet, try one more time, if that fails then reschedule.

PD doesn't have dedicated servers, they're P2P servers. So that basically puts it on PSN, which is having problems all across the board.

Strangely COD is not having any kind of problems.

I don't know, I suppose we could try again soon (be it Mid-Field or something else), but I'm done with this for the day.

I blame GTPSS for taking all the servers' attention.

Oh well, at least I can call myself approved of JLOC.

I don't know, I suppose we could try again soon (be it Mid-Field or something else), but I'm done with this for the day.

I blame GTPSS for taking all the servers' attention.

Oh well, at least I can call myself approved of JLOC.

It's all across the board, GT6 doesn't have dedicated servers, it's all player-to-player. It must be PSN, though I haven't been disconnected. Moving to try another day seems like the best plan though, due to these connection issues.

PSN is just, well, being PSN.

I don't know if it'll be a Mid-Field rerun (by now I feel like this time of the year is Mid-Field time, so to speak), but there is the four-year anniversary of this (very colorful text) and the three-year anniversary of this in late and early June, respectively. Probably could do some more before then, but we'll wait and see. If things go as they did not even an hour ago, though..

Well, it wasn't the long epic journey I was expecting, but at least it was eye-opening. Eye opening for two things;

• A) There was plenty of action and wacky shannenigans for the early part of the race;
  • B) The drivers were on fire;
  • C) The Mazda is nowhere near the adequate car for either me or its class, really. It just wasn't the stable and grippy consistency machine I wanted...
Either way, it was a nice idea, but PSN's execution seemed to have chosen today as "nosedive disconnecting" day for everyone involved. As for the other two ideas you mentioned, Morten, I'm not really up for a 50-lap race of endurance around SS5, but since Trial Mountain is something I like to call my "home track", I would love to have an online race there along the lines of what you mentioned.

Well, I'll be off gentlemen, it was a wild (albeit short) ride for sure. Perhaps next time our Internet connections and Morten's timing will be more up to snuff...

Back