[ENDURANCE][GT300]SEASON FINALE: Motegi 40 Laps-March 10th *2 spots free*Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 1,798 comments
I hate Brands, it's boring and I personally find it pretty difficult for such a easy looking layout.

It's gonna be a lot of laps which I'm just gonna have to try and stick it out.

I'm running 28s/29s with a spin every other lap, I need to practice but as I find the track boring I just don't have the will too.

Probably gonna get lapped once or twice too which isn't gonna help keep me motivated.

Its a tough track , i like it because you can feel when your attacking it but almost every corner in sector 3-4 you risk getting one tire on the grass and spinning.

the Gara is not so bad at brands hatch , i managed 1.26 yesterday , but i did around 100 laps to get the feel and rythm of it , again most of the laps are finding a driving style to accelerate and not spin, but thats the gara and me.
Managed to get 18 laps on softs , so barring my stupid mistakes i always end up making , looking better for this race .
1.26 for me was the fastest so i imagine 1.27 1.28 will be the pace . but i cant see anyone not ending in the gravel here a time or 2 , just full on concentration here .

Results of Nurburgring 24h

GPrili
Filo
priesty
karsten
skeng
logic
bigcarolina from here "lapped"
true-blue
jornlande
ekke
flanked

IS THIS CORRECT? i have problem checking lap in wich people exited/dropped out!

Fastest lap: gprili
Pole: gprili

STANDINGS

GPRILI 535+115=650
Skeng 455+65=520
Karsten 395+75=470
Ekke 370+40=410
Flanked 320+35=355
TNR FILO 245+95=340
Jorn 285+40=325
Logicline 240+60=300
priesty 210+85=295
True-blue 185+45=230 retired
captain madbean 185 retired
bakemister 140
Big Carolina 35+55=85
hogniminy 20

Gprili get a considerable lead over skeng but brand's hatch is a nightmare for rx7s... Is the championship going to have a final flame? The fight for 3rd place gets more interesting with filo jumping ahead and ekke bringing some points home after the electrical failure.

Team Standings:Scuderia Fronzini 930+190=1110
Shady Racing 665+150=815
Team Kenshin 605+75=680
Pinkies GB 380+60=440
Team krz 370+40=410
Diesel Pig Racing 370
Team ??? 245+95=340
Hitotsuyama Racing 35
Cake Motorsport 20

Scuderia Fronzini one step closer to winning team's championship, might probably secure it at Brand's hatch!

Current warnings:

1 warning:
True-blue, jornlande, filo

Thanks for the clarification on the tuning. I did not believe you allowed suspension tuning. You are right, without chassis tuning the MR-S is difficult to drive and very difficult to make competitive. With tuning it becomes a whole different animal. Good luck with your series. I will continue to watch with interest your HP balancing of the various cars.

the Gara is not so bad at brands hatch , i managed 1.26 yesterday , but i did around 100 laps to get the feel and rythm of it , again most of the laps are finding a driving style to accelerate and not spin, but thats the gara and me.
Managed to get 18 laps on softs , so barring my stupid mistakes i always end up making , looking better for this race .
1.26 for me was the fastest so i imagine 1.27 1.28 will be the pace . but i cant see anyone not ending in the gravel here a time or 2 , just full on concentration here .

100 Laps?

Dedication right there!

gp . were you on softs in our last run last night ?

Yes but staying behind someone is very difficult to find a place to pass without touch. I was testing the feeling of being behind trying to disturb the car ahead... :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Yes but staying behind someone is very difficult to find a place to pass without touch. I was testing the feeling of being behind trying to disturb the car ahead... :embarrassed:
yes you are so good at that, stalking they prey waiting to pounce, knowing they can hear you just waiting to attack.
very unnerving for the prey

Logic you should buy a wheel mate , for the practice you put it in it would only make you an alien like gprilli

I recommend logitech g27

I agree mate, would be a whole different matter for driving precision 👍

Logic you should buy a wheel mate , for the practice you put it in it would only make you an alien like gprilli

I recommend logitech g27
yes i should do, and i would like to think it would make driving so much easier , especially the gara, ideally i would buy one of the fantastic playstation cockpits. But this means i would have to set it all up in one of our spare rooms upstairs rather than at present i am in our downstairs office just across from the lounge and kitchen.
So at the moment my wife and i can still talk and spend time in the same area of the house while i am playing.
With a wheel setup i would be totally disconnected from her upstairs and i think she would then make a fuss at me spending so much time upstairs.
i am not sure i can have a wheel and pedals setup on my desk in my office downstairs as its too upright i imagine and would be very uncomfortable, so i am not sure yet what to do .

i have a simple wheel stand like in my picture , easy to stick in a corner of a room when your not using it

i guess its something for you to consider in the future

Just want to say that the practice races with you all has helped me step up my game. Just when I think I can't improve anymore..... I find out that I can and do improve.

Last night I got on and decided to give the BRZ a go. Man do I love that car better than the Lexus. Is it possible for me to change cars? I feel so much more comfortable with the BRZ. If not then I understand

Logic, i have a dfgt and after e months i think i'm about as fast as with pad. The dfgt is nowhere as good as the g27, but if you're freaking poor like me it will work.

I bought it at 149E and i still feel guilty :/ as a stand i use a ironing board... Zero euro and somehow works.

Bigcarolina: if others are ok with it you can get in brz... Car changes aren't allowed but you joined late, so if it is ok for other drivers... Yet the lexus is veeery good here and in last round so your choice.

I recommend logitech g27
Nooo even logic will smoke me lol

But whther you'll be faster or not you'll have more fun after the first 3 or 4 weeks of rage and being uber slow, that is :D

Logic, i have a dfgt and after e months i think i'm about as fast as with pad. The dfgt is nowhere as good as the g27, but if you're freaking poor like me it will work.

I bought it at 149E and i still feel guilty :/ as a stand i use a ironing board... Zero euro and somehow works.

Bigcarolina: if others are ok with it you can get in brz... Car changes aren't allowed but you joined late, so if it is ok for other drivers... Yet the lexus is veeery good here and in last round so your choice.

But whther you'll be faster or not you'll have more fun after the first 3 or 4 weeks of rage and being uber slow, that is :D
yes i am happy, BC is one we see practice a lot, so hes putting in the time, i think its fair if he changes to a car that suits him better, thats my say anyway .

I use the wheelstandpro too, T500 in my case but it's a great solution, as skeng says you can fold it away when not in use so definitely worth it.

Wheels takes awhile to get used to imo but so much better once you do, the Grayia being MR would be hard to start with tho!

Karsten, i have no idea what you are talking about Lol. i have no idea what a dfgt and you brought it at 149E ? then zero euro and it somehow works you say ? and its an ironing board ? or do you use an ironing board ? or are you just trying to iron out the wrinkles in the track so you can go faster > i appreciate your help a lot , but i am even more confused now, i dont even do the ironing, my wife does that .
Anyway the products on the website http://wheelstandpro.com/products look like they are good.
Ideally i would just buy one , but which is best , anyone got any tips ? do they come with wheel and pedals ?
and if so which wheels and pedals is the best ? has anyone purchased from the website before ? i will get one ordered as soon as i know .
Just one more thing Karsten , your remark, even Logic will smoke me ? very nice indeed Karsten LOL

I use the wheelstandpro too, T500 in my case but it's a great solution, as skeng says you can fold it away when not in use so definitely worth it.

Wheels takes awhile to get used to imo but so much better once you do, the Grayia being MR would be hard to start with tho!
To be honest, the biggest problem i have is that when the gara goes sideways or starts to spin, which it does a lot , you need immediate reaction to get it back in line, and steering with the stick on the pad is very hit and miss, generally as you put in the correction its normally way to much as its all done in a split second and the joystick on the pad doesnt have much movement, so its too far correction, then correct back too far then back again too far , so the start of a spin generally ends up as a snake like reaction for a short time before i can get back on the gas.
so i am sure it will help a lot , especially as i will practice even more until its all under control .

Karsten, i have no idea what you are talking about Lol. i have no idea what a dfgt and you brought it at 149E ? then zero euro and it somehow works you say ? and its an ironing board ? or do you use an ironing board ? or are you just trying to iron out the wrinkles in the track so you can go faster > i appreciate your help a lot , but i am even more confused now, i dont even do the ironing, my wife does that .
Anyway the products on the website http://wheelstandpro.com/products look like they are good.
Ideally i would just buy one , but which is best , anyone got any tips ? do they come with wheel and pedals ?
and if so which wheels and pedals is the best ? has anyone purchased from the website before ? i will get one ordered as soon as i know .
Just one more thing Karsten , your remark, even Logic will smoke me ? very nice indeed Karsten LOL

If only! Haha

No they do no not come with wheel/pedals.

Decide what wheel you want then get the stand that fits it accordingly. From what I can remember you can only get the WheelStandPro (WSP) from that website, pretty sure there based in Poland but many many people buy there product and delivery is pretty fast.

DFGT is a Logitech Wheel, I would say mid entry (G27 is there top model)

Thrustmaster T500 is designed for GT and is expensive but again it's the high end product.

Fanatec also do wheels and pedals and the pedals seem to be very highly rated but the wheels aren't as reliable.

There are loads if threads in the sim section so do some research and get what you can afford.

It's worth it! :D

Well to be honest , money isnt the issue, it something that i will spend hours and hours and hours and hours
using , so whatever the whole lot costs doesnt matter , when its all worked out in time / price it would be nothing
compared to other hobbies i have had so i may as well get the best there is out there .
I have looked through all sorts about wheels and pedals, but everyone seems to have different opinions on whats best etc, so you guys that i know -[ if you know what i mean ] are the best ones to ask , i just may as well get the best stand , the best wheel and best pedals .

Fanatec also do wheels and pedals and the pedals seem to be very highly rated but the wheels aren't as reliable.

I can fully confirm. I tried Fanatec wheels and after a short time I had reliability issues so I switched back to the mighty T500

If money is not the issue go for the beast:

Thrustmaster-T500-RS-big.jpg

Back